Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,667 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. (7477 Views)

Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses / Pastor Paul Adefarasin Composes Note For Wife, Ifeanyi, From Amazing Grace Song / The Amazing city of pure Gold, Diamonds and precious stones. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Yadid(m): 7:18am On Jan 04, 2021
ProfChris10:
The major mistake many people are making is to think they can bribe their way into heaven by good conducts.

Am i saying good conducts is bad or not needed? Of course not. Scriptures makes us understand that even the good conducts of man is as a filthy rag. It falls short of the righteousness that God demands. So what then must be done?

First, the scripture concluded everyone under sin, and revealed man's desperate need for salvation.

The Bible teaches that sin existed in the soul of man before he was aware of it, and that the Law simply makes man conscious of sin which already dwells in him (Romans 7:7-14).

*Men are guilty first of all because of what they are "sinners" and only secondarily because of what they do "sin".

Galatians 2:21, KJV: "I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness comes by the law, then Christ is dead in vain."

This was why Christ hath to come, otherwise the laws were there to keep. He needed not have come. Just obey all the laws and if you keep them perfectly then you are good to go. But then no man could.

For if any man offend in one law, he is guilty of all. Wow. What an unattainable position. Glory to God that Christ came.

This is the gospel delievered to the apostles that faith should be placed in Christ Jesus. Just as the serpent was lifted up in the wilderness that everyone who looked to it got saved from those snake bites, so is the son of man lifted up that everyone who looks to him is saved.

But No, many say that is not enough. How surprising it will be on that day for many whose trust is in their righteousness that could never attain to what God demands.

Paul laid to rest in Romans 10:2-4

2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Many people have established their own righteousness and have refused to submit to the righteousness of God.

Scriptures makes us understand that by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified (gal 2:16).

Summary: Salvation is an act of God. That is why Jesus is called the author and finisher of faith. God saw the sinner, choose him, bought him, justified him, renews him, keeps him and finally will glorify him. There is no loss of sequence. (Rom 8:30, Eph 1:13-14). What we do to get it is faith in the finished works of Christ. This faith can in turn produce a change of attitude and behaviour.

For the just shall live by faith.

Salvation comes first and then we are told to live our life as the new creature that we are, and not that we try to live to earn salvation.

We live right because of who we are and not necessarily fir what we are trying to be.
That was the summary of most of the epistles.

God bless you.

I love you sir/ma. Grace and peace unto you in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Toks2008(m): 7:24am On Jan 04, 2021
Yadid:
See the way people are goofing big time on this thread o. Do you know one thing about religion? It does not give room for change and it does not give room for questions. Traditions must be preserved at all cost, even if in error. For all those attacking @OP's message, many of them deep down in their hearts have questions but they are afraid. Religion has shackled them with fear, fear of hell, not the fear of God.

@OP you have written well, but maybe you should consider your audience the next time before talking about things like this. Most folks responding to your post do so with their own idea of salvation, not the salvation that the bible talks about. Imagine someone saying some people will go to hell for getting married while others will go to hell for not getting married. Just imagine that!

Ask people to say what salvation is and you will begin to hear them talk about what you do or do not do as if salvation is something they can earn by doing good.

Anyway, this is one of the reasons why the atheists think we are stupid. That you have an opinion on something does not mean that you know that thing. Let me resist the urge to mention names, but there are some here who are driving many to destruction by their message of SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS disguised as the gospel which is nothing but a perversion of the gospel of Christ. Albeit, the most important thing is for a man to receive the Lord Jesus Christ. Peace!

Before you assume you know, what is sin? What is Salvation? How does salvation come? Go and do a proper study of your bible. I'm not talking about that religious kind of study where most people and preachers turn Jesus upside down. One clue for you, go and understand Grace. Without the understanding of Grace, any attempt to answer the above questions and more questions about the bible will only result in error. Receive freedom from fear in Jesus name.
Bro honestly I. Would have ignored but if I do that then I would have alowed these ignorant holier than thou doom and gloom message propagators to derail this thread as well as confuse the audience I'm trying to reach out to.

Now I understand clearly why Jesus Cursed the elders and self righteous prople in the bible and I also understand why Paul was aggressive in many instances...

Look at the blatant ignorant posts they kept dishing out with shameless impunity...

They never study GOD'S words which is why they never attach any scriptures to back up their claims.. They have turned salvation upside down.
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 04, 2021
Toks2008:

Can't you ser that you are the one messing up?

Look at all the epistle you wrote and no scriptures to back it up... Is that wisdom or foolishness.

This is why you say I'm roaring because I am so amazed as to how humans who claim to go to school will be so ignorant.

We are talking scriptures here and can you for once stop your silly finger pointing by using the words "stop masturbation" and rather discuss the matter sensibly?

As long as you can not justify your pints with the scriptures I will advise you to refrain from making comments on this thread.
So your issue is that the scripture did not write anywhere that we should stop masturbation, you want the scripture to list all the sins you should stop, maybe it should be termed "the book of sins you should stop" if you really have the holy spirit in you, he will tell you what is sin and what not sin, I remember that day my friend called me on phone for us to talk, before I became a born again, we gossip a lot and talk about others so much and their ways, immediately she called me, the holy spirit in me told me not to involve in gossip, during the call I did my best not to gossip about anyone, that is the work of the holy spirit, he tell you when you commit a sin and you ask for forgiveness, the bible mustn't list all sins one by one before you believe that something is a sin. I am not perfect, I have my weakness too, but the holy spirit is helping me.

Take heed to my advice.
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Toks2008(m): 7:36am On Jan 04, 2021
ProfChris10:
The major mistake many people are making is to think they can bribe their way into heaven by good conducts.

Am i saying good conducts is bad or not needed? Of course not. Scriptures makes us understand that even the good conducts of man is as a filthy rag. It falls short of the righteousness that God demands. So what then must be done?

First, the scripture concluded everyone under sin, and revealed man's desperate need for salvation.

The Bible teaches that sin existed in the soul of man before he was aware of it, and that the Law simply makes man conscious of sin which already dwells in him (Romans 7:7-14).

*Men are guilty first of all because of what they are "sinners" and only secondarily because of what they do "sin".

Galatians 2:21, KJV: "I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness comes by the law, then Christ is dead in vain."

This was why Christ hath to come, otherwise the laws were there to keep. He needed not have come. Just obey all the laws and if you keep them perfectly then you are good to go. But then no man could.

For if any man offend in one law, he is guilty of all. Wow. What an unattainable position. Glory to God that Christ came.

This is the gospel delievered to the apostles that faith should be placed in Christ Jesus. Just as the serpent was lifted up in the wilderness that everyone who looked to it got saved from those snake bites, so is the son of man lifted up that everyone who looks to him is saved.

But No, many say that is not enough. How surprising it will be on that day for many whose trust is in their righteousness that could never attain to what God demands.

Paul laid to rest in Romans 10:2-4

2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Many people have established their own righteousness and have refused to submit to the righteousness of God.

No doubt, that is man's pride in action. To think that you have nothing to bring to the table rather than your faith, which itself is a gift from God as the scripture revealed. So what did we even bring, when even the faith was God's gift itself.

Unless we humble ourselves and agree with God that we could never have attained salvation by ourselves, that was why Paul said, it is of grace, otherwise many will boast on that day that they made it there by their many efforts.

Scriptures makes us understand that by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified (gal 2:16).

Summary: Salvation is an act of God. That is why Jesus is called the author and finisher of faith. God saw the sinner, choose him, bought him, justified him, renews him, keeps him and finally will glorify him. There is no loss of sequence. (Rom 8:30, Eph 1:13-14). What we do to get it is faith in the finished works of Christ. This faith can in turn produce a change of attitude and behaviour.

For the just shall live by faith.

Salvation comes first and then we are told to live our life as the new creature that we are, and not that we try to live to earn salvation.

We live right because of who we are and not necessarily for what we are trying to be.
That was the summary of most of the epistles.

God bless you.
The day I caught this Rhema in 1999, my life changed.

Ever since I gave my life to christ in 1987 I had always struggled with self righteousness... At a point I have up that I can't continue because I always fell onto sins but when I realize that it is not by works but by faith in Christ I became liberated..

When I now latter discovered that it is the Holy spirit that helps us overcome sins and as habits I became even more liberated cos all I did was to just cry out to him to help and pronto... I began to do away with all those habits I never thought I could overcome.

Then GOD gave me the revelation that the church is even responsible more for lost souls than the devil and I was shocked...

He made me understand that many souls want to be saved but many pastors preach gospel of doom and gloom, gospel of condemnation that is making many people run away from salvation and those that are already saved are abandoning their salivation.

I was given a mandate to preach to the world, to explain to them the real love of christ... To preach an all inclusive gospel.. And that I have been doing.

It is saddening that anyone involved in some habits are already condemned to hell and how can you win souls by making it difficult for them to be saved?

God bless you for your insight.

1 Like

Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Toks2008(m): 7:39am On Jan 04, 2021
Nuttella:
So your issue is that the scripture did not write anywhere that we should stop masturbation, you want the scripture to list all the sins you should stop, maybe it should be termed "the book of sins you should stop" if you really have the holy spirit in you, he will tell you what is sin and what not sin, I remember that day my friend called me on phone for us to talk, before I became a born again, we gossip a lot and talk about others so much and their ways, immediately she called me, the holy spirit in me told me not to involve in gossip, during the call I did my best not to gossip about anyone, that is the work of the holy spirit, he tell you when you commit a sin and you ask for forgiveness, the bible mustn't list all sins one by one before you believe that something is a sin. I am not perfect, I have my weakness too, but the holy spirit is helping me.

Take heed to my advice.

If I were you I will humble myself to learn and not make continuous mockery 9f yourself.

Habits are not sins and that a habit is bad can never make it a sin.

If you have a bad habit you are struggling with, call on the Holy spirit and he will help you bit stop condemning anyone and stop giving your own definition of sin to. What the Bible never calls a sin or you risk the wrath of GOD.
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 04, 2021
Toks2008:

If I were you I will humble myself to learn and not make continuous mockery 9f yourself.

Habits are not sins and that a habit is bad can never make it a sin.

If you have a bad habit you are struggling with, call on the Holy spirit and he will help you bit stop condemning anyone and stop giving your own definition of sin to. What the Bible never calls a sin or you risk the wrath of GOD.
We cannot continue in sin and expect grace to abound. Roman 6:1

1 Like

Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by ProfChris10(m): 8:15am On Jan 04, 2021
Nuttella:

The problem is that we have redefined sin, we look too low at God's standard and that is where the problem lies.

If you understand the concept of sin you would understand why Christ hath to come. We limit sin to certain behaviours and think that is sin. Sin permeates the very essence, nature and genetics of man.

Sin is first a nature before an act. The very motives and intents of man.

A better understanding of what sin is will make you better appreciate Christ's death and resurrection.

The scripture talks about the Holy Spirit reproving the world of SIN. Take note. There is what is called the SIN (singular) of the world and not sins of the world. Go do a research. There is the SIN of the world. I would love to have a bible discussion with you if you don't mind.

God bless you.
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 04, 2021
ProfChris10:

The problem is that we have redefined sin, we look too low at God's standard and that is where the problem lies.

If you understand the concept of sin you would understand why Christ hath to come. We limit sin to certain behaviours and think that is sin. Sin permeates the very essence, nature and genetics of man.

Sin is first a nature before an act. The very motives and intents of man.

A better understanding of what sin is will make you better appreciate Christ's death and resurrection.

The scripture talks about the Holy Spirit reproving the world of SIN. Take note. There is what is called the SIN (singular) of the world and not sins of the world. Go do a research. There is the SIN of the world. I would love to have a bible discussion with you if you don't mind.

God bless you.
All the sins Toks2008 mentioned are habitual sins except masturbation, I'm strongly against that sin, masturbation is not a small sin, its not a habitual sin, its a sin that kills faster than fornication, as I am now I am watchful not to fall into masturbation but I am not watchful for fornication that way, a very deadly sin. That is what I am trying to tell OP, he shouldn't count masturbation as a small habitual sin you can overlook, its a full blown sin.

1 Like

Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by ProfChris10(m): 8:29am On Jan 04, 2021
Nuttella:
All the sins Toks2008 mentioned are habitual sins except masturbation, I'm strongly against that sin, masturbation is not a small sin, its not a habitual sin, its a sin that kills faster than fornication, as I am now I am watchful not to fall into masturbation but I am not watchful for fornication that way, a very deadly sin. That is what I am trying to tell OP, he shouldn't count masturbation as a small habitual sin you can overlook, its a full blown sin.

That is the problem, we emphasize some so called sins as if the wages is not the same.

Change your mindset about your view of what sin is. That is the basis of salvation. Repentance is a greek word metaneo which actually means a change of mind. A change of mind and perception about our need for a saviour. How that even the smallest of sins as the thoughts of the heart is guilty of death.

A thorough understanding of what sin really is what has humbled me in my walk with God. To know that IF NOT FOR GOD. I end there.

For the wages of SIN is death, but the gift of God is eternal life, through Jesus Christ.

What you should be more interested in is the remedy.
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Africanamania: 8:33am On Jan 04, 2021
1cor5v10, please someone should explain it to Christians in a simple language.
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Africanamania: 8:36am On Jan 04, 2021
1COR5V10 IS THE ANSWER TO THIS ISSUES.
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Faithful007: 8:38am On Jan 04, 2021
Nuttella:
can you point from the Bible that there are small sins and big sin. some of you that claim to keep the standard are those who actually lower the standard. Sin is rebellion, anything that does not come from a heart of love and faith towards God. anything at all. None is righteous not one, No one is qualified for heaven, no one can qualify himself either. you know I feel so sad when people on this thread say that all manner of things about what you must avoid to escape hell, they will be the most shocked on the last day. Christ came that we might have life. By placing faith in him, he justifies us on the basis of his life. we are United with him in his death and life. Christ begins to win our affections gradually, and removes taste for sins and replaces them fruits of the holy spirit. it is a complete work of Christ though evidenced in us. someone who does not masturbate, yet is impatient and has no self control, before God is as much a sinner as one who does

1 Like

Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by ProfChris10(m): 8:46am On Jan 04, 2021
Africanamania:
1cor5v10, please someone should explain it to Christians in a simple language.

You must start from chapter 3 preferable to better understand 2 Cor 5:10. When you take a verse out of context you kill the meaning of that verse. So before I explain 2 Cor 5:10 let us start with 1 Cor 3:11-15

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

The summary first of that 1 Cor 3:11-15 is that Christ is the foundation. Without him we are lost. And then Paul by the spirit go on to explain that every man's work shall be tried with fire. Remember Paul was writing to the Corinthian church

Take note of some basic biblical truths.

There is a judgement for believers not for condemnation but this is strictly on the basis of rewards. It is what the scripture calls the judgement seat of Christ.

There is the judgement for unbelievers called the great white throne judgment. Rev 20:11-15. This judgemnt is a no escape judgement.

Take note the scripture talks about BOOKS and another book called the BOOK OF LIFE. Those whose names are not in the book of life are judged according to their works contained in the books which we know can never attain to God's standard of righteousness.

So what is 2 Cor 5:10 saying that believers have work to do after being saved. This work is on the basis of rewards and not to earn salvation.

Salvation is faith in Christ and his finished works.
God bless you
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 04, 2021
Faithful007:
can you point from the Bible that there are small sins and big sin. some of you that claim to keep the standard are those who actually lower the standard. Sin is rebellion, anything that does not come from a heart of love and faith towards God. anything at all. None is righteous not one, No one is qualified for heaven, no one can qualify himself either. you know I feel so sad when people on this thread say that all manner of things about what you must avoid to escape hell, they will be the most shocked on the last day. Christ came that we might have life. By placing faith in him, he justifies us on the basis of his life. we are United with him in his death and life. Christ begins to win our affections gradually, and removes taste for sins and replaces them fruits of the holy spirit. it is a complete work of Christ though evidenced in us. someone who does not masturbate, yet is impatient and has no self control, before God is as much a sinner as one who does
Masturbation is a much greater sin because it is a sin against your body which is the temple of the holy spirit, if you sin against your own body, can the holy spirit comfortably dwell in you to help you overcome other sins?

1Corinthians 16:18 says "Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body"

Also read 1Corinthians 6:16-20.
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:12am On Jan 04, 2021
Nuttella:
You're right Nuttella. This is the reason why a lot of anointed workers of iniquity would be turned back by Jesus on that day.

So don't be worried if you see that such lies have got much more backing than the Truth.

The Truth is a very narrow and lonely road indeed. Hence only few are able to find it.

God bless.
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by lucky4west: 9:13am On Jan 04, 2021
Righteousness2:
We Love to Pamper sin and hear what will gratify our evil habits.

Sin is evil
Sin will Hinder you here on Earth
Sin will Guarantee you Hell

The Grace of GOD is not a license to sin neither is it a Cover for Sin.
Romans 6:1-2
1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

The Grace of God is what keeps us from sinning not a license to sin.

Let no one Deceive Himself/Herself Sin is the transgression of the Commandments of GOD.
All unrighteousness is Sin. There is no small sin or big sin. There is no white sin or black sin.

Today many Preachers in the Name of modernized or Modify Christianity do not even tell their congregation what sin is. What you hear is if U want to give your life to JESUS stand up or raise ur hand. The people stand up and when they go back they continue in Immorality, evil, iniquities, Which has led many people astray and put them in the path of Hell

1Cor 6:9-10
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Galatians 5:19-21
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Heaven is a Prepared Place for Prepared people..
Heaven is a Place filled with Forgiven sinners.

Eternity is not a Joke! Don't let anyone Deceive you with soft Gospel that allows you to do as you want in the name of being saved.

1John 3:8-9
A Christian is not a Sinner and a Sinner is not a Christian.

It is Better to Hear the Hard bitter truth, Receive it , Pratice it and Make Heaven than for you to be Pampered with what gratifies your evil lifestyle only for you to open your Eyes in Hell!

Wake up Folks! Nobody enters Heaven by Luck!
You Can't Enter Eternal life on your terms
It Must be on God's terms. And his term is in his word
....more grace bro...i really appreciate your understanding of the gospel and the time you took to enlighten us....thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by lucky4west: 9:25am On Jan 04, 2021
hmmmm...thank you for your time but dont get it twisted sin is sin no small or big sin, God cannot behold(tolerate) sin no matter how small u may think it is...(na human beings de rate sin) every ungodliness is evil and sin before God...let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus let me ask if Jesus were to around physically will he smoke drink alcohol and do other things u mentioned? if Jesus wont do such things you also should not...the truth is hard and very bitter but God is no respecter of persons, you can only get to heaven on God's terms so either you meet up with God's high standard(narrow way) or you settle for the devils easy and low standard( broad way that allows anything and everything tattoos, smoking, free living, endless fun etc)...heaven is for prepared people so face the harsh reality now accept Jesus and live right growing daily in his word and fleeing all appearances of sin/evil....not after death (when caught unawares in the habits u mentioned peeps start wishing and writing RIPs) it wont work there is no repentance in the grave repent now
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Faithful007: 9:41am On Jan 04, 2021
Nuttella:
Masturbation is a much greater sin because it is a sin against your body which is the temple of the holy spirit, if you sin against your own body, can the holy spirit comfortably dwell in you to help you overcome other sins?

1Corinthians 16:18 says "Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body"

Also read 1Corinthians 6:16-20.
the message will be understood by seeing why Paul said that. the Corinthian church rationalized fornication by saying that it was like food to the body. but Paul said it was rather sin against the body as it directly involves and dishonors the body which should kept in purity for the sake of Christ love. but we must be careful not to become technical christians that avoid sexual sins and condemn others when we both fail in the Law of Christ (which is self control, the fulfilment of that law in Christ). the goal of a Christian is not to avoid certain sins, but rather to be conformed to Christ and thus bear his fruit, which in this case is love and self control.
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 04, 2021
Faithful007:
the message will be understood by seeing why Paul said that. the Corinthian church rationalized fornication by saying that it was like food to the body. but Paul said it was rather sin against the body as it directly involves and dishonors the body which should kept in purity for the sake of Christ love. but we must be careful not to become technical christians that avoid sexual sins and condemn others when we both fail in the Law of Christ (which is self control, the fulfilment of that law in Christ). the goal of a Christian is not to avoid certain sins, but rather to be conformed to Christ and thus bear his fruit, which in this case is love and self control.
Let me ask you. Can someone that have no self control stop sexual sin?
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by jayworld15(m): 9:56am On Jan 04, 2021
Toks2008:
About two weeks ago, I saw a man preaching in public and he was practically pointing at smokers telling them that they will end up in hell if they don't quit smoking and I was so dumbfounded and I began to wonder...who gave him the right to judge people and condemn them because they smoke? and come to think of it, when does the habit of smoking translate to an act of sin?

It is very disheartening that the devil has used heretic teachings by ''Pastors'' who are meant to lead people to heaven to instead send many to hell and even as I write this, many souls are trooping to HELL in their millions, not because of any other reason but because of the harsh false teachings of many Preachers who have given their own definition of sins rather than teach the real truth from the scriptures, they have defined an act that seems UNPLEASANT to them as a sin even when the bible at no point made clear reference to such acts as sins.

One of such heretic teaching is equating bad habits to sin...In life, habits are neither good nor bad, but where a habit moves toward, by a specific impulse or desire is where it begins to be defined as a virtue or a vice.

Do you know that many pastors preach that anyone who drinks alcohol, smokes(Weed, Cigarette, shisha....), gambles, masturbates, uses pieces of jewelry, indulge in polygamy, does cosmetic surgery of any type, uses makeup, has body art, piercings and on and on WILL NEVER MAKE HEAVEN?

Can we just close our eyes and imagine for a minute how unbelievable it is to even think that billions of people indulging in the aforementioned will go straight to hell if they die struggling with those habits.

WHAT IS THE POINT?

We have clear sins as made known by the scriptures and we have bad habits which are not sins and can never prevent us from making heaven. Bad habits could damage us totally like drinking alcohol which even in small quantity can damage our organs, smoking weed, shisha, a cigarette can damage our organs and cut our lives short, masturbation is very addictive and could affect productivity and gambling can destroy us financially... but that still does not make them sins and anyone indulging in any of these should never at any time condemn him or herself to hell but should call on the Holy Spirit to help and trust GOD because when the holy spirit comes into your life, every bad habit or sinful habit will be a thing of the past BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT MANY PEOPLE DON'T TRULY SEEK THE HELP OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. You can't have the holy spirit in you and still enjoy or crave for sins...that is the difference between a truly born again individual and one who is taking GOD's grace for granted.

Jesus said in the book of John 6;37 '' All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.'' Jesus will never drive you away or condemn you because you struggle with any crazy habit or even sins. The scriptures encourage us in the book of Philippians 2:12 '' Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

Salvation is a work in progress, a continuum, some attain maturity faster than others but nobody can be more born again that a born again neither can we be more human than another human, we only grow in maturity and that is what GOD wants us to do, to strive to be better and better and never allow any bad habit or sin make us give up and condemn ourselves to hell.

This is not a message of convenience but a message of hope, and liberation and i hope this ministers to someone.

The lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh and the pride of life are not of God but are of the world. And if any man loves the world, the love of the father is not in him. Those bad habits belong to the first two.
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Yadid(m): 1:02pm On Jan 04, 2021
Toks2008:

Bro honestly I. Would have ignored but if I do that then I would have alowed these ignorant holier than thou doom and gloom message propagators to derail this thread as well as confuse the audience I'm trying to reach out to.

Now I understand clearly why Jesus Cursed the elders and self righteous prople in the bible and I also understand why Paul was aggressive in many instances...

Look at the blatant ignorant posts they kept dishing out with shameless impunity...

They never study GOD'S words which is why they never attach any scriptures to back up their claims.. They have turned salvation upside down.

you have a point there sir. I see from your perspective too. The fragrance of His enlightenment must spread.
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by PrincewithGod(m): 2:27pm On Jan 04, 2021
My People don't listen to this agent of satan on a mission of taking people to hell.
Read Psalm 32:8, it is not all the dos and don'ts that are spelt out in the Bible. As children of God who want to make heaven, we strive to know what He likes and dislikes and seek to please Him by obeying Him. 1Corinthians 6:19,20 says our bodies are the temple of God and, therefore, not ours, you don't have the right to destroy what is not yours and to defile the temple of God by engaging in all those sinful habits. You are just consenting to the deceit of satan and his agents to take you to hell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by DannyG8(m): 6:07pm On Jan 04, 2021
Nuttella:
Masturbation is a sin against your body which is the temple of the holy spirit. Why should you pleasurize yourself and touch yourself sexually?

Continue telling yourself that masturbation is not a sin.
against your body which is the temple of God ,

Question
Is my body going to heaven or hell
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Toks2008(m): 2:58am On Jan 05, 2021
PrincewithGod:
My People don't listen to this agent of satan on a mission of taking people to hell.
Read Psalm 32:8, it is not all the dos and don'ts that are spelt out in the Bible. As children of God who want to make heaven, we strive to know what He likes and dislikes and seek to please Him by obeying Him. 1Corinthians 6:19,20 says our bodies are the temple of God and, therefore, not ours, you don't have the right to destroy what is not yours and to defile the temple of God by engaging in all those sinful habits. You are just consenting to the deceit of satan and his agents to take you to hell.

Now is it not obvious that you are indeed the demon from the pit of hell preaching the gospel of doom and gloom?

I even put it to you that just like the previous people who made comments that you did not take time to comprehend the write up you are posting about.

So they should not listen to a gospel of hope, they should disregard the fact that the Holy spirit is able to help them overcome any bad habit they have...

They should disregard the fact that GOD does not condemn them to Hell because they are imperfect...

That they should never give up on themselves because they struggle with bad habits as well as sinful acts.

I put it to you that you are probably struggling with one or more terrible habits in your life so as such you are automatically condemned and you can never have a place in paradise.

I think the major problem with many of you guys is pure ignorance in all ramifications when it comes to salvation.

IF God sends every gambler, alcohol taker, smoker, People who indulge in self service and every other bad habit to Hell then who will be in heaven?

May GOD open your blind eyes and closed mind to what salvation means.
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by PrincewithGod(m): 12:52pm On Jan 05, 2021
Toks2008:

Now is it not obvious that you are indeed the demon from the pit of hell preaching the gospel of doom and gloom?

I even put it to you that just like the previous people who made comments that you did not take time to comprehend the write up you are posting about.

So they should not listen to a gospel of hope, they should disregard the fact that the Holy spirit is able to help them overcome any bad habit they have...

They should disregard the fact that GOD does not condemn them to Hell because they are imperfect...

That they should never give up on themselves because they struggle with bad habits as well as sinful acts.

I put it to you that you are probably struggling with one or more terrible habits in your life so as such you are automatically condemned and you can never have a place in paradise.

I think the major problem with many of you guys is pure ignorance in all ramifications when it comes to salvation.

IF God sends every gambler, alcohol taker, smoker, People who indulge in self service and every other bad habit to Hell then who will be in heaven?

May GOD open your blind eyes and closed mind to what salvation means.

What does the Bible say?

Matthew 5:48 So be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

1 Peter 1:15-16 But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. For the Scriptures say, “You must be holy because I am holy.”

1 John 2:29 If you know that he is righteous, you may be sure that everyone who practices righteousness has been born of him.

Ephesians 5:1 Therefore, be imitators of God as dearly loved children.

Hebrews 10:14 For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

Philippians 1:3-6 I give thanks to my God for every remembrance of you, always praying with joy for all of you in my every prayer, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. I am sure of this, that He who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God

James 1:4 And let endurance have its perfect effect, so that you will be perfect and complete, not deficient in anything.

- Fritz Chery
Re: Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. by Toks2008(m): 12:59pm On Jan 05, 2021
PrincewithGod:

What does the Bible say?

Matthew 5:48 So be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

1 Peter 1:15-16 But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. For the Scriptures say, “You must be holy because I am holy.”

1 John 2:29 If you know that he is righteous, you may be sure that everyone who practices righteousness has been born of him.

Ephesians 5:1 Therefore, be imitators of God as dearly loved children.

Hebrews 10:14 For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

Philippians 1:3-6 I give thanks to my God for every remembrance of you, always praying with joy for all of you in my every prayer, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. I am sure of this, that He who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God

James 1:4 And let endurance have its perfect effect, so that you will be perfect and complete, not deficient in anything.

- Fritz Chery

And for petes sake, who is arguing with these points?

I think the problem is that many people just want to make comments just to prove they have something to say yet they refused to read and comprehend...

Can you ever be righteous by works?
Is it the day you accept christ that you became a mature believer?

Does it not make sense to preach the gospel of love, of working out our salvation rather than gospel of condemnation?

May GOD help us.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muhammad Versus Jesus Christ / You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! / Interesting Conversation Between A Muslim And Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.