Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,860 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League (22457 Views)

Nigerian Football Players And Their Wives/Girlfriends (Photos) / Braless Ghanaian Lady: I Have More 'Points' Than The Nigerian Football Team / Why We Booed Dele Alli - Nigerian Football Lovers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by Iceyjayzz(m): 7:13am On Aug 24, 2020
It's trash
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by Eberex(m): 7:15am On Aug 24, 2020
If you are a Nigerian and you reside in Nigeria, you will not be asking us these questions

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by InvertedHammer: 7:15am On Aug 24, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
It has been my observation that Nigerians are versed with European soccer leagues like English premier league and Spanish premier league ,and perhaps Italian and German. I find it weird because most countries I've visited usually prefer their own sport leagues. For example , Lithuania is a basketball nation and they have their own basketball league( Lietuvos krepšinio lyga) which they enjoy . In fact, most people there are not versed with America's NBA league because they prefer their own league .
Most people in Brazil and Argentina prefer their own soccer league ,despite the fact they probably have some of their top stars in European league.
Most people in North America prefer American leagues. Even though soccer is not one of the most popular sports in the US, most North American soccer fans still prefer American soccer league and the stadiums are usually filled.

Why don't Nigerians like Nigerian soccer league, and what do you think can be done to improve so that it becomes a household league that Nigerians can enjoy and frequent ?

/
Be it education, religion, sports, you name it.

Nigerians hate anything Nigerian.

They prefer poop from Whites than salad from Nigeria. They and their descendants are mental slaves.
/

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by olaniyilukman(m): 7:16am On Aug 24, 2020
Skynet45:
Bet9ja should add nigerian premier league to their games. I'm sure people will show more interest after that
They have once add it to their game list but it seem home always win....
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 24, 2020
helinues:
To start with, SE na on NTA you wan watch Nigeria Premier League matches?

Players putting off their jerseys is double red card now in Nigeria Premier League.

The last time a player did, the lines man collapsed of body odour. grin cheesy

Sai APC

cc lzaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by Sunkyphil(m): 7:17am On Aug 24, 2020
Skynet45:
Bet9ja should add nigerian premier league to their games. I'm sure people will show more interest after that
and who told u its not on bet9ja
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:18am On Aug 24, 2020
Slave mentality. Besides the Nigerian premier league have been compromised.
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by Yus2020: 7:18am On Aug 24, 2020
Nigerians have loss hope about anything concerning nigeria,the political office holder are busy looting our common wealth everyday to build empires for their children yet If you talk Apc, Lai Mohammed and Buhari government called hate speech
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by helinues: 7:19am On Aug 24, 2020
imhotep:

Sai APC

cc lzaa

Starting our new week with humor.

Don't start yours with frowning
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by drskyfly007(m): 7:19am On Aug 24, 2020
prekumohtim:

Have it in mind that Julius Berger firm deliver standard projects compare to Nigerian contractors. I have seen indigenous contractors constructed roads in Benin that lasted for 4 months. Rain washed off the roads. Some of those contractors are only compensated with the contract for their support for the new government. Passing a bridge built by a Nigerian contractor is a pure risk taken too far...a death trap. Our doctors are migrating annually to abroad because they are valued and paid well abroad. Even some of our players are stil being owed by their state government up to a year . Some states decided to slash the salary of the players from 40k/month to 10-15k grin. Many of the players have gone for farm work �
Not true..some of these players earn up to a million naira per month in Nigeria league, though still low compared to their European counterparts...
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by thundafire: 7:22am On Aug 24, 2020
uncleinans:

I still prefer foreign music than the rubish Nigerians sing. Songs without sense and meaning.
same as me,OP wants me to enjoy the trash called league in Nigeria,the clubs are useless,why will a club management sign contract with MTN,Glo in a particular club for sponsorship please who does dat
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by DEADALIVE: 7:23am On Aug 24, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
It has been my observation that Nigerians are versed with European soccer leagues like English premier league and Spanish premier league ,and perhaps Italian and German. I find it weird because most countries I've visited usually prefer their own sport leagues. For example , Lithuania is a basketball nation and they have their own basketball league( Lietuvos krepšinio lyga) which they enjoy . In fact, most people there are not versed with America's NBA league because they prefer their own league .
Most people in Brazil and Argentina prefer their own soccer league ,despite the fact they probably have some of their top stars in European league.
Most people in North America prefer American leagues. Even though soccer is not one of the most popular sports in the US, most North American soccer fans still prefer American soccer league and the stadiums are usually filled.

Why don't Nigerians like Nigerian soccer league, and what do you think can be done to improve so that it becomes a household league that Nigerians can enjoy and frequent ?

As u look the picture u added...what do u think ..it can never be feasible in nigeria thereby no investor is ready to invest in a degrading corrupt country...
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by famousroland(m): 7:23am On Aug 24, 2020
OUR COMMENTATORS ALONE WILL OFF YOU...

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by EagleNest(m): 7:23am On Aug 24, 2020
We don't like our own thing simple. Oyibos supports their own things to succeed in any little way possible. But in Nigeria, we are too blind to see that when you patronise your own(locally produced) you are supporting your economy.
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by izubext007: 7:24am On Aug 24, 2020
no inspiration sir.
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by NaijaOlosho(f): 7:25am On Aug 24, 2020
WOW LAYCON RELEASES NEW SONG WITH TENI

LISTEN AND ENJOY HERE
����

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ7FBCE8bUI
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by nBag(m): 7:25am On Aug 24, 2020
Ghengiskhan:

Because it is not well packaged and there's no matchday experience. I once went to watch Kano pillars play at sabon gari stadium I didn't feel safe because of the marijuana they were smoking at every corner of the stadium and most of them carried dagger.

my brother chop knuckle. I cannot forget 2004 growing up in Kano. my brothers decided to flex me as per bday boy. them Carry me go stadium go watch pillars game. weed smell choke us till bday boy fell asleep na fight wake me up. imagine a close range shot brushed the goal post and rest on the net from behind not inside o. referee see the thing like inside net e blow goal. fight start trust Hausa boys naa. my question is if the owners referee missed it. what was the referee doing. if you see how we take cut out leave stadium.

4 Likes

Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by Hezmatosky: 7:27am On Aug 24, 2020
You want Nigerians to like local league abi? Very simple bro. Firstly, make the players popular. Like endorse them, put them on adverts, bill boards, make their names known, create a program where they will feature, like the type of big brother, let indigenous companies endorse them, like glo, dangote, Nigeria brewery, and stop investing their monies on musicians alone. Then finally, spend money to at least buy a world known player, even if na old cargo.

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by KhingLufem1(m): 7:28am On Aug 24, 2020
Low quality
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by TheBoy1740: 7:29am On Aug 24, 2020
One word, QUALITY. If the league improves in quality, then Nigerians will flock it.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 24, 2020
helinues:

Starting our new week with humor.

Don't start yours with frowning
But I am not frowning na grin grin
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by DHaran: 7:32am On Aug 24, 2020
Because we don't value it.i prefer watching South African premier league
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by akocon: 7:34am On Aug 24, 2020
Another thing is that in europe, most spectators have stake in the shares of the teams. Hence they GI all out to support

Meanwhile build your website with us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by Fmghewzy(m): 7:35am On Aug 24, 2020
[quote author=Pimpmaride post=93158981]Nigerian league is just like Nigerian ladies

All of them are trash, recycled and not worth it at all.....

How can we leave European league/ ladies and start liking Nigerian league/ ladies that has no value
Who will even reject an Indian girl for one naija girl wey her ass Don burn sef...

Team foreign jare

Ode ni eee
I am a guy oo but with what you are saying here ,you are a fool.
What has what we are saying got to do with Nigerian ladies,I don't understand why idiots like you bash Nigerian gals ,as if you don't have sis or mothers ,they never like their own things na only foreign ,how will Nigeria develop then.dopemu

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by RapistOnBail: 7:35am On Aug 24, 2020
I rather watch African magic undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 24, 2020
Hezmatosky:
You want Nigerians to like local league abi? Very simple bro. Firstly, make the players popular. Like endorse them, put them on adverts, bill boards, make their names known, create a program where they will feature, like the type of big brother, let indigenous companies endorse them, like glo, dangote, Nigeria brewery, and stop investing their monies on musicians alone. Then finally, spend money to at least buy a world known player, even if na old cargo.

That’s the least of our problems. The players themselves are an eyesore, just bunch of 20 players trying to outmuscle themselves...

I’d rather pay to watch Iranian league, than sit and watch my eyes and ears bleed....
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by Adedamola6(m): 7:38am On Aug 24, 2020
What are you talking about I don't comprehend like what league
Even our president and politicians prefer abroad treatment...So where do you expect the love for Nigerian league..
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by nasbiafra(m): 7:38am On Aug 24, 2020
Warri wolves is the team i support in the NPL
I tag them the MAN CITY OF NPL
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by Teejay13(m): 7:41am On Aug 24, 2020
Problem; Poor management and promotion of the league.

Solution; allow for private investors to invest and manage some of the leagues.

Build better infrastructure that meets standard and put us on the lime light.

Please for your laptops and laptop acessories, contact us on 07038517455, 07052481183

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 24, 2020
ihimiray:
Nigerian league has always bin ther
Haven't seen it there
olaniyilukman:
They have once add it to their game list but it seem home always win....
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by NwaIgboBoy(m): 7:42am On Aug 24, 2020
because Nigeria league is just like Nigerian movie : predictable:.

there score is always 1:0

and home always wins. because if away dear to win then that referee is I. trouble.

hahahaah

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Pens Emotional Message As He Celebrates His 36th Birthday / Qatar World Cup To Use Semi-automated Offside Technology / List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.