Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,530 members, 7,823,310 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League (22450 Views)

Nigerian Football Players And Their Wives/Girlfriends (Photos) / Braless Ghanaian Lady: I Have More 'Points' Than The Nigerian Football Team / Why We Booed Dele Alli - Nigerian Football Lovers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by Henrydata(m): 4:51pm On Aug 24, 2020
mployer:
The problem is the people managing the league. They don't package and sell it well.

There were times Nigerians preferred foreign musicians to local ones. Then some people came in and changed things.
Op, this is ur answer

Case closed
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by samuelevans(m): 5:11pm On Aug 24, 2020
As for me ooh; i dont like them because Home team must either Win or Draw and dem no even they score goals sef; imagine if am kano pillar's fans and my team cnt even win any away match
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by idafa2018: 5:30pm On Aug 24, 2020
There used to be a time our football league was the toast of the town even above the so called foreign league.
We can vividly remember matches involving Rangers,IICC shooting stars,Rangers,Vasco,Mighty jets,etc.
We could not seize the euphoria then and ride on these.
The ineptitude of the administrators that came put a nail on the coffin of the league.
What a sad tale.
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by Sleekfingers: 6:33pm On Aug 24, 2020
uncleinans:

I still prefer foreign music than the rubish Nigerians sing. Songs without sense and meaning.

i am telling u....most of the music na thrash....na just noise ....the only nigeria music i listen to are femi, lagbaja, fela, asa, nneka, bez and some old highlife......
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by Sleekfingers: 6:39pm On Aug 24, 2020
Odunolumide:

Like if you have a choice btw Aba shoes and Gucci , you will pick Aba shoes.
Na u be hypocrite

help me tell am o...na today u know say most nigerians are hypocrites....
.as a matter of fact, i can never wear those aba made shoes, bets etc........imagine make you dey waka for road make the sole of your shoe just commot......
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by Sleekfingers: 6:45pm On Aug 24, 2020
[quote author=Dibodibo post=93160724]Don't you prefer foreign gin than sapele ogogoro?[/quote

naso my brother......sapele water that is not well packaged....i will rather drink foreign gin......
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by Sleekfingers: 6:54pm On Aug 24, 2020
MrAkata:
It's because of a colonial mindset. Black people globally don't respect or place value in anything black. The proximity to whiteness increases the value of anything as it relates to black people

but we need to invest more in our league.....back in the day, people do watch our league....

You dont expect me to sit down and watch that thrash now....zero security etc......maybe if they do the necessary i might change my mind......
Instead of me to watch our league...i go rather watch south africa , egypt and tunisia leagues
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by Odunolumide(m): 7:52pm On Aug 24, 2020
Sleekfingers:

help me tell am o...na today u know say most nigerians are hypocrites....
.as a matter of fact, i can never wear those aba made shoes, bets etc........imagine make you dey waka for road make the sole of your shoe just commot......

lol
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by robosky02(m): 8:54pm On Aug 24, 2020
grin grin
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by MrAkata: 8:56pm On Aug 24, 2020
Sleekfingers:

but we need to invest more in our league.....back in the day, people do watch our league....

You dont expect me to sit down and watch that thrash now....zero security etc......maybe if they do the necessary i might change my mind......
Instead of me to watch our league...i go rather watch south africa , egypt and tunisia leagues

It all goes back to my original comment. Investment in our own is where it begins at. Those in a position within our respective community we consider leaders won't make those investments.

I remember Dangote was trying to buy Arsenal.

Theres to many Nigerian billionaires emotionally invested in European leagues than building their own. They take more pride in being involved in European clubs than anything Nigerian related.

You see this in all areas of life as it relates to black people globally.

Black boule think they can sell their own people anything and shame us for not supporting them. They spend money on marketing " buy black" but no money in quality of the product they sell us. They will go above and beyond if they market the same product to white people or they are in a white market

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by Ayobami7(m): 9:44pm On Aug 24, 2020
One day
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by GeneralKoko(m): 8:26am On Aug 25, 2020
ojaysam25:
Poor management. And lack of advance visual effect...the camera is not top notch...selling and buying of food by the touch line...the league is not serious a beg.

When last did you watch an NPFL game?
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by GeneralKoko(m): 8:28am On Aug 25, 2020
Asabe4:
The pitch alone will discourage you grin

When last did you watch an NPFL game??
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by GeneralKoko(m): 8:30am On Aug 25, 2020
Scavy:
Away Team never wins .... even with the 22 odds on bet9ja..

they hardly play draw...

then as for the home teams with 1.05 odds to win..... what can one do with odds like that?

The worst part is that most of you all here saying Jack and spewing thrash are just making assumptions. Enyimba , plateau United and Akwa United had been thrashing teams away from home
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by tosyne2much(m): 9:56am On Aug 25, 2020
Skynet45:
Bet9ja should add nigerian premier league to their games. I'm sure people will show more interest after that
Nigerian league has been on Bet9ja for more than four years nah
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 23, 2020
Nigerian league does not need to be backed up by the government, if in Nigeria we support our local leagues it will attract investors and the government, if in England no one supported the premier league will you be supporting an EPL team. The government will never invest in those leagues if they see they have no fan base.
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like The Nigerian Football League by edoairways: 9:05pm On Sep 23, 2020
mployer:
The problem is the people managing the league. They don't package and sell it well.

There were times Nigerians preferred foreign musicians to local ones. Then some people came in and changed things.
Can these persons do the same for our movies?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'I Want Argentina' - Neymar, As Brazil Goes Through To 2021 Copa América Final / Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever / Cristiano Ronaldo Pens Emotional Message As He Celebrates His 36th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.