Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,486 members, 7,816,150 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) (22440 Views)

Photo Of The 300L Unizik Student, IPOB Shot Dead In Nnewi Today / Chief Of Army Staff IPOB Shot In Line Of Duty, Sent To Meet God. / IPOB Killings: Enugu DSS Director Removed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) by Built2last: 11:08am On Aug 24, 2020
While we may not have the power to ressurect those Igbo youths felled today by the murderous gang masquerading as Nigerian security agencies, we can at least not insult their memory by joining in peddling the iniquitous narrative that those unarmed youths were "KILLED IN A CLASH" with the security agents.

When well armed security operatives drawn from the Police, the army, the Airforce and the DSS invade a sleepy village and start shooting live bullets at unarmed youths gathered for a meeting, you can't call it a clash. Who is clashing with who? How can it be termed "clash" when only one side is armed and it is that armed party that went to the venue of the unarmed party to murder them? Describing it as "CLASH" is as atrocious as describing the systematic genocide being visited on helpless Nigerians by the killer herdsmen as "Farmers-Herders clashes".

The action of the Nigerian security agencies in Emene, Enugu today has a name. It is called state terrorism on defenceless citizens.

And I think the Enugu state Police Commissioner needs to shut up and stop talking nonsense. His statement on the murder of those youths is beyond puerile. According to him, the DSS went to Emene for covert operation and they were abducted by IPOB members forcing the DSS to call the Police, Army and Airforce for help.

Stupid story!

In a country where hardened Boko Haram terrorists and killer herdsmen are being pampered and rewarded by the govt even when their victims yet languish in different IDP camps?

How many covert operation has the DSS done to stop Bokoharam but has time for covert operations on harmless citizens meeting

If we cannot stop this evil rain from falling, we should at least be able to take measures to stop ourselves from being beaten by it.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) by pquaver(m): 11:08am On Aug 24, 2020
kingzizzy:
Does this statement make any sense? What the authorities want stupid people to believe is that over 500 IPOB were having a meeting in a school where they are to be trained in martial arts? Lol? Why would anyone be training in martial arts if they are already armed?

Then you claim that armed IPOB abducted a DSS personnel then you arrived to engage in a shoot out with them and rescued the DSS personnel? If this was the speed at which Nigerian Police react, there would be no killer herdsmen in Nigeria

Meanwhile, before you arrived at the scene, IPOB had killed two people for no reason but didnt kill the DSS person you rescued?

The lies by the Police and DSS are just too much

Between the police and IPOB what is the difference? Infact ipob has overtaken Nigeria police in lieing. So in this case I know what you wrote there as ipob member is also a lie. Since two of you are liars. make the stronger person win which I am suspecting will be the Nigerian police..

3 Likes

Re: Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) by Dedetwo(m): 11:08am On Aug 24, 2020
kingzizzy:
Does this statement make any sense? What the authorities want stupid people to believe is that over 500 IPOB were having a meeting in a school where they are to be trained in martial arts? Lol? Why would anyone be training in martial arts if they are already armed?

Then you claim that armed IPOB abducted a DSS personnel then you arrived to engage in a shoot out with them and rescued the DSS personnel? If this was the speed at which Nigerian Police react, there would be no killer herdsmen in Nigeria

Meanwhile, before you arrived at the scene, IPOB had killed two people for no reason but didnt kill the DSS person you rescued?

Just figure the bolded. Nigeria is not called basket of fools for nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) by Patrioticman007(m): 11:08am On Aug 24, 2020
IamWonderful:
I know the brainwashed proscribed IPOB will be the first that drew the first blood, probably they are already high on hard drugs
You know them
Re: Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) by NaijaOlosho(f): 11:10am On Aug 24, 2020
Lies
Re: Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) by CeceNene(f): 11:11am On Aug 24, 2020
Believe the Nigerian police at your own perile
Re: Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) by fineboynl(m): 11:12am On Aug 24, 2020
EBMedia:

https://igberetvnews.com/1362292/emene-killings-enugu-police-say-ipob-shot-first-read-full-statement/
what a childish display and write up by the police. anyone living in Nigeria will just laughed after reading this

1 Like

Re: Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) by Fmghewzy(m): 11:12am On Aug 24, 2020
I be yoruba oo,but make this ipob pple calm down small,all this they are doing will only get them killed,they need to work on that region first before they can think of secession.No jobs ,no infrastructure nothing ,what will be their source of income how would they maintain their army everything,they should think first.
Not just jumping .
I Know everyone is tired of this country ,but secession is not the answer

1 Like

Re: Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) by Dedetwo(m): 11:13am On Aug 24, 2020
EBMedia:

IgbereTV reports that the Enugu state commissioner for police, Ahmad Abdulrahmam has given a breakdown of what transpired at the early hours of Sunday at the Emene community, suburbs of the state metropolis which led to the shooting and killing of two people.

A press statement from the Police Commissioner which made available to IgbereTV by the Enugu State Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Daniel Ndukwe, reads:

"ENUGU STATE POLICE COMMAND PRESS RELEASE

POLICE BULLETIN

In Reply, Please Quote:
AZ:5052/ENS/PPRD/VOL.1/65
Date: 23rd August, 2020

The Director of News

......................................................................................

OPERATIVES ARREST RAMPAGEOUS PROSCRIBED IPOB MEMBERS AND RESCUE A SECURITY OPERATIVE

- CP Warns Acts of Rebellion Will Not be Tolerated in the State

1. Following credible information received on 23/08/2020 at about 0830hrs that suspected members of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) numbering over five hundred (500) had gone on rampage, blocking and burning tyres on the road, after abducting Operatives of the Department of State Security (DSS), the Commissioner of Police, CP Ahmad AbdurRahman MCPSS, MCJ, MNIM immediately deployed Operatives of the Command, led by Enugu Metro Area commander, to rescue the adopted Operatives and restore normalcy.

2. On getting to the scene, the Operatives, who were joined by those of DSS, Army and Air Force, came under serious gunfire attacks by the hoodlums. They responded and in the ensuing gun duel, two of the hoodlums were gunned down, while some of them escaped with bullets wounds.

3. The Operatives successfully restored normalcy and rescued one of the DSS Operatives, who were at the said school to disperse the hoodlums from their unlawful assembly, while two (2) others were found lifeless in the scene and later confirmed dead.

4. Five (5) members of the group were arrested and they confessed to being members of the proscribed IPOB, and had gone to the school to hold a meeting and be trained in martial act and self-defense skills. Machetes, cut-to-size woods with nails affixed, phones and other items were recovered at the scene.

5. Meanwhile, before getting to the scene, the hoodlums had macheted and gruesomely killed a young man, set ablaze another, while also attacking Police personnel resident in the area.

6. To this end, the Commissioner, while warning that acts of rebellion by persons and/or groups (including the proscribed IPOB) capable of truncating the peace and tranquility enjoyed in the State will not be tolerated, made it clear that perpetrators will be made to face the full weight of the law.

7. He further warns hospitals and medical service providers against rejecting anyone seeking medical attention from bullet wounds. But they should treat and duly notify the Command of such persons by calling the following hotlines: 08032003702, 08086671202, 08075390883 or 08098880172."

https://igberetvnews.com/1362292/emene-killings-enugu-police-say-ipob-shot-first-read-full-statement/

A retaliatory measures should be clandestinely initiated against clowns such as the bolded. The killing of Igbo chaps is entirely unacceptable.
Re: Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) by billbonesmd(m): 11:13am On Aug 24, 2020
"On getting there, the DSS, Army and Airforce came under serious gunfire, thus we retaliated".

Good thing is, Christian, Muslim, Igbo, Hausa,Tiv, Yoruba, we all know the truth about the police and its cronies.

Those of us who support the onslaught should remember that violence spares no one. A while ago, our northern oligarchs championed islamisation, now they are hiding in Maitama and asokoro.

Kwantinu...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) by hammer8: 11:13am On Aug 24, 2020
DEY SHOT AT THEM WITH STICKS AND STONES.

LET THEM KEEP LIEING.

VIDEO RECORDING OF THE INCIDENT HAVE SINCE GONE VIRAL.

3 Likes

Re: Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) by Jmk9292(m): 11:13am On Aug 24, 2020
We should strive to live in peace always..... Rather than resting in peace (RIPs)......
The police should learn to be more professional both in telling lies and discharge of duties.....
There was a country
Re: Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) by IamWonderful: 11:15am On Aug 24, 2020
Patrioticman007:

You know them
Why will their fugitive leader be somewhere enjoying his life and they are here in Nigeria where IPOB is outlawed and also if even they want to carry out anything they should have done it under another name not proscribed IPOB, it is just against the law.

1 Like

Re: Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) by obyrich(m): 11:16am On Aug 24, 2020
They were armed with clubs and matchet ; grin. When did NIgeria Police Start parading criminals, especially terrorists, without ample display of their arms?

I don't support IPOB, but I am not stupid enough not to know lies and oppression when I see it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) by DeadWrong: 11:17am On Aug 24, 2020
Fmghewzy:
I be yoruba oo,but make this ipob pple calm down small,all this they are doing will only get them killed,they need to work on that region first before they can think of secession.No jobs ,no infrastructure nothing ,what will be their source of income how would they maintain their army everything,they should think first.
Not just jumping .

Ogbeni shut up. I repeat shut da Bleep up if you have nothing meaningful to say. I'm yoruba too FYI. Why slyly try to put the blame on Ipob and not the blood thirsty murderous terrorists called Nigerian police and amry? Everyone is tired of the country you say and yet you are castigating people doing something about it. You are such a hypocrite. What is the answer then? Why not do it your cowardly way by keeping quiet and leave Ippb to do it their own way as long as they are not attacking innocent people.
Your post smack of cowardice. Stop embarrassing the sane Yorubas. I dare you to mention what Ipob did wrong.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) by ensamy(m): 11:17am On Aug 24, 2020
I don't support IPOB in taken laws into thier hands, but the CP statements doesn't make sense at all.
He should have look for another better lies to tell.
Even a dumb person will read and see the fabricated statements. grin shocked shocked shocked shocked Well his name sounds like someone from the other side.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:20am On Aug 24, 2020
kingzizzy:

If it doesn't make sense, it's usually not true - Judge Judy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) by Yus2020: 11:20am On Aug 24, 2020
Boko Haram is taking care of by Apc and Buhari government while innocent Nigerians are being kill by Buhari boyz
Re: Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) by francis5051: 11:22am On Aug 24, 2020
IamWonderful:
I know the brainwashed proscribed IPOB will be the first that drew the first blood, probably they are already high on hard drugs
evil will follow you if you support evil..becareful of what you say sometimes Kamar is listening

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) by ameobi(m): 11:23am On Aug 24, 2020
]Does this statement make any sense? What the authorities want stupid people to believe is that over 500 IPOB were having a meeting in a school where they are to be trained in martial arts? Lol? Why would anyone be training in martial arts if they are already armed?

The lies by the Police and DSS are just too much [/quote]
You get sense my dear....
Re: Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 24, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Hatred and violence never leads to anything good undecided

I would prefer they have their biafra in peace than see more people go down in this senseless killings.

a situation whereby another terrorist group rise from the south-east will not be good na small small dem dey start na so boko haram take begin too undecided
Let me leave first abeg before they start another useless African country. undecidedundecided some people no dey hear word. But wait oh, they started shooting at you with machetes and clubs because that is all they had, police can lie ehn.
Re: Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) by GeneralPula: 11:25am On Aug 24, 2020
[s]
kingzizzy:

[/s]

Are Igbos creating violence or not?
Re: Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) by Georgekyrian(m): 11:25am On Aug 24, 2020
NPF una too lie abeg. if it is Fulani niggas that killed you guys, no one will be hearing stories of who killed first because they used to mess you guys asses wella. now ordinary unarmed group. you come mumu dey tell us who shot first. from day one we know you guys on shooting unarmed civilian, so no come dey twist my brain NPF
Re: Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) by Evercurious(f): 11:26am On Aug 24, 2020
Fmghewzy:
Not just jumping .

Naa our own headache be that.. when we reach that bridge we go surely cross am..anyways thanks for the concern
Re: Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) by AFONJAPIG(m): 11:27am On Aug 24, 2020
Shoot at you with banners and microphones.... Go to North East and Kaduna and meet the real shooters there... Igbo leaders deserves to burned alive with their families

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) by kingandamy4life(m): 11:27am On Aug 24, 2020
Nigeria is not working and there is no hope in sight that it will work. Why not leave Biafra alone. You don't know who biko Haram and Fulani bandits re but u ve first class information on where Igbos re. This is why we don't want it again.we keep deceiving our selves.how long?

3 Likes

Re: Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) by Confirmedzombie: 11:28am On Aug 24, 2020
I believe the police because Igbos are known for lies.

I urge the police to take a ruthless action against Igbos since they are a proscribed terirists group.

1 Like

Re: Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) by IamWonderful: 11:29am On Aug 24, 2020
francis5051:
evil will follow you if you support evil..becareful of what you say sometimes Kamar is listening
I don't supporting the killing just stating the obvious, IPOB is outlawed and nothing should have been carried out under that name, it is suicidal, and mind you according to video, IPOB members were holding sticks, for what exactly.
Re: Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) by Buliwyf: 11:31am On Aug 24, 2020
Dedetwo:

A retaliatory measures should be clandestinely initiated against clowns such as the bolded. The killing of Igbo chaps is entirely unacceptable.

You go and retaliate na. Clown. You will be sitting in your room and hoping someone else will do the dirty work for you. Coward. Why don't u go retaliate yourself.

Instead of you to be seeking ways to resolve the issue and bringing out the truth the coward is screaming retaliation.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Malami Has No Power To Grant Approval To Northern Lawyers 'new NBA' – Sagay / Farouk Yahaya: Buhari, Osinbajo Decorate Army Chief With New Rank / Robinson Uwak Accuses Benjamin Kalu For His Broken Marriage (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.