Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,825 members, 7,844,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws (33769 Views)

Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle / Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! / “yoruba People Own Lagos State Nigeria, All Others Are Guests”– Femi Fani Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by jason123: 7:23pm On Feb 18, 2011
Obiagu1:

Now can I say the Yorubas are claimimg other people cheesy cheesy grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin . Trust me, they are not. Aworis are yorubas!
Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by Obiagu1(m): 7:31pm On Feb 18, 2011
jason123:

grin grin grin grin grin . Trust me, they are not. Aworis are yorubas!

I was joking. Like I said, the Ijaws own no land except Bayelsa that is filled with creeks.
The rest they claim are not Ijaw territories, they were not the aboriginals in Rivers State. There's no Ijon group in Rivers.

PhysicsRND:

The first part in bold is rubbish but the second part that I boldfaced might explain the claims of killayut, which I think he's misinterpreting as being aboriginal and preceding other groups there.

As for the first part, I'm stunned Ijaws are trying to claim Benin like that shocked shocked

This claiming getting way out of hand. undecided

Everyone mocks the Igbos when we try to reclaim our territories. This is how it feels like.
Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by step1: 7:34pm On Feb 18, 2011
Obiagu1:

Now can I say the Yorubas are claimimg other people  cheesy  cheesy grin grin
Oga I am awori myself and my grand father was the oba of lagos at a point. My father was in tinubu term and there are streets in lagos after my surname. I am a yoruba first before awori. We aworis are yorubas in heart and in blood so no one is claiming here, we see ourselves as yorubas ok!
Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by aljharem(m): 7:37pm On Feb 18, 2011
Obiagu1:

I was joking. Like I said, the Ijaws own no land except Bayelsa that is filled with creeks.
The rest they claim are not Ijaw territories, they were not the aboriginals in Rivers State. There's no Ijon group in Rivers.

Everyone mocks the Igbos when we try to reclaim our territories. This is how it feels like.

so this is what all these is about grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by Obiagu1(m): 7:41pm On Feb 18, 2011
alj harem:

so this is what all these is about grin grin grin grin grin

It's time every Nigerian wakes up. The Ijaws want to encirle the whole Nigeria. They live in water (and creeks), no doubt, but not on lands.
Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by EzeUche2(m): 7:47pm On Feb 18, 2011
The Ijaws want to cut off the Yoruba from the sea, like they almost did with the Igbos in the East. Yorubas be mindful of Ijaw expansionism. Just ask your Ilaje populations. They are providing a bulwark against Ijaw expansionism after the Itsekiri were overrun.
Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by aljharem(m): 7:50pm On Feb 18, 2011
Obiagu1:

It's time every Nigerian wakes up. The Ijaws want to encirle the whole Nigeria. They live in water (and creeks), no doubt, but not on lands.

brother this issue is very simple like step1 suggested, kill the a bit so they will know there rightful place

imagine 2 majority groups (yoruba and igbos) fighing for territory from a minority ijaw grin grin grin grin

seriously you people no get shame at all, there claim for port harcount still makes sense

but lagos, ondo and ogun, edo shocked shocked shocked that was just craze and funny because it is very surprising that either igbo or yorubas are doing anything about it.

well at the end of the day you people will have yourselves to blame  cool
Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by EzeUche2(m): 7:52pm On Feb 18, 2011
^^^

Igbos became worried, when the Ijaws started claiming Port Harcourt and spread the rumor that Igboland was landlocked.

However, they know that it is not good to mess with a majority ethnicity and are now asking for help in their struggle.
Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by aljharem(m): 7:54pm On Feb 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

The Ijaws want to cut off the Yoruba from the sea, like they almost did with the Igbos in the East. Yorubas be mindful of Ijaw expansionism. Just ask your Ilaje populations. They are providing a bulwark against Ijaw expansionism after the Itsekiri were overrun.

no it is clear they can not do that, an awori man just confirmed this as you can see,.,. he said he is yoruba no matter the bini or ijaw history or propagada put forward. i think lagos is still safe in yoruba hands.

as for ogun and ondo, then i think yoruba leaders know what to do

i remember ijaw vs opc 5000 ijaws die in lagos alone. remember this opc members in lagos are awori area boys undecided

so i really do not see awori giving in to ijaw

illaji and itsekiri are still fighting for there yorubaness and claim to be yorubas before any other ijaw crap

ikwerri have never claim to be ijaw so port harcount is safe cool
Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by aljharem(m): 7:55pm On Feb 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

^^^

Igbos became worried, when the Ijaws started claiming Port Harcourt and spread the rumor that Igboland was landlocked.

However, they know that it is not good to mess with a majority ethnicity and are now asking for help in their struggle.

may we dey watch, as you can see there are external forces dealing with ijaws and southern nigeria
Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by ezeagu(m): 8:05pm On Feb 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

Not speaking for anybody, but there's no way the Ijaw will completely claim Lagos. grin
Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by aljharem(m): 8:06pm On Feb 18, 2011
ezeagu:

Not speaking for anybody, but there's no way the Ijaw will completely claim Lagos. grin

i do not think they can even claim an inch of it grin
Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by udezue(m): 8:18pm On Feb 18, 2011
Lagos? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by ShangoThor(m): 8:19pm On Feb 18, 2011
alj harem:

brother this issue is very simple like step1 suggested, kill the a bit so they will know there rightful place

imagine 2 majority groups (yoruba and igbos) fighing for territory from a minority ijaw grin grin grin grin

seriously you people no get shame at all, there claim for port harcount still makes sense

but lagos, ondo and ogun, edo shocked shocked shocked that was just craze and funny because it is very surprising that either igbo or yorubas are doing anything about it.

well at the end of the day you people will have yourselves to blame  cool

Like I've said before, wherever you get Southerners disputing, arguing, debating our differences, Alj Harem is always there twisting the knife and exploiting our differences. "Divide and Conquer".

Its a real shame that we don't get to see that many threads about the differences of Northerners  on this forum where Northerners openly argue about social problems that they are afflicted by.
Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by EzeUche2(m): 8:20pm On Feb 18, 2011
ezeagu:

They will try as we all know. Egbesu will be their guide.
Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by aljharem(m): 8:27pm On Feb 18, 2011
ShangoThor:

Like I've said before, wherever you get Southerners disputing, arguing, debating our differences, Alj Harem is always there twisting the knife and exploiting our differences. "Divide and Conquer".

Its a real shame that we don't get to see that many threads about the differences of Northerners  on this forum where Northerners openly argue about social problems that they are afflicted by.

grin grin grin

why would you see northerners figthing we respect each other

unlike ijaws that are claiming what is not theirs undecided
Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by ezeagu(m): 8:27pm On Feb 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

They will try as we all know. Egbesu will be their guide.

Whether Egbesu or Ekwensu, I don't see it being a successful mission. grin
Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by Nobody: 8:28pm On Feb 18, 2011
WTF is going on with all this claiming and tana wa ebi ?

I am a full blooded Awori and not just any abroad Awori but one with a good handle on the history of how we came to be called Aworis. Ijaw ko Ijaw ni, mwschew!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by udezue(m): 8:30pm On Feb 18, 2011
Why don't these Ijaw loud mouths go and engage Hausa-Fulani people? MCHEWWWWW Kaduna get the largest refinery which is an abomination so go to Kaduna and do ur kweke kweke then I will bow down for them
Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by jason123: 8:31pm On Feb 18, 2011
naijababe:

WTF is going on with all this claiming and tana wa ebi   ?

I am a full blooded Awori and not just any abroad Awori but one with a good handle on the history of how we came to be called Aworis. Ijaw ko Ijaw ni, mwschew!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!  grin grin grin grin

As I said earlier, I WOULD THIS TOPIC FOR THE AWORIS, ILAJES and CO TO DEAL WITH!!!  grin grin cheesy cheesy cool
Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by jason123: 8:32pm On Feb 18, 2011
naijababe:

WTF is going on with all this claiming and tana wa ebi  ?

BTW, start think of your ijaw origin!  grin grin grin wink

abeg, no kill me
Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by Obiagu1(m): 8:38pm On Feb 18, 2011
jason123:

BTW, start think of your ijaw origin! grin grin grin wink

abeg, no kill me

@ naijababe, you don't know your history. You are Ijaw to the core!
Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by jason123: 8:41pm On Feb 18, 2011
Obiagu1:

ROMFLMAO!!!
Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 18, 2011
Obiagu1:

Awon iporimapopo baba e ni Ijaw!!!
Trust you? Because you be Jesus wey no fit lie abi?

jason123:

BTW, start think of your ijaw origin! grin grin grin wink

abeg, no kill me

I read a lot of BS on NL but this absolutely takes the cake. I don't even know if this sad or funny
Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by Kilode1: 8:51pm On Feb 18, 2011
naijababe:

Awon iporimapopo babe e ni Ijaw!!!

LMAO grin
Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by jason123: 8:53pm On Feb 18, 2011
naijababe:

Awon iporimapopo babe e ni Ijaw!!!
Trust you? Because you be Jesus wey no fit lie abi?

I read a lot of BS on NL but this absolutely takes the cake. I don't even know if this sad or funny

@ Highlighted

LOL grin grin grin grin

@ Your last paragraph
Its all fun and jokes. Although I know it is insulting, abeg, do not take it serious! Ma binu! smiley
Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by EzeUche2(m): 8:53pm On Feb 18, 2011
Obiagu1:

A na m amu amu.  grin grin grin
Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by aljharem(m): 8:54pm On Feb 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

A na m amu amu.  grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by EzeUche2(m): 8:57pm On Feb 18, 2011
alj harem:

grin grin grin grin

Ka anyi sua Igbo.
Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 18, 2011
@ Jason, me i no dey mind the revisionist. Seems like he started Friday Happy hour a tad early today.
Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by aljharem(m): 9:03pm On Feb 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

Ka anyi sua Igbo.

haba, i am not yet that good

but i think you were saying something about including/inclusive igbo or something i am not too sure.
Re: Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws by komando7(m): 9:20pm On Feb 18, 2011
@ topic
I thought Eko was a Bini word. Now am hearing it is an Ijaw settlement. Which one we go follow? Ezeuche, Ibime, please help out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photos From Damasak Where Boko Haram Unleashed Terror / Kankara School Abduction: How I Escaped From The Gunmen - Student Tells BBC / TB Joshua: Murder In The Church By FFK (Part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.