Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,309 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week - Health (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week (33655 Views)

More Teaching Hospitals Risk Shutdown Over Exodus Of Medical Professionals / The Twin-Tragedy Of Nigerian Doctors' Strike And Mass Exodus / COVID-19: Danger Looms As Nigerians Jettison Safety Measures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by frog12: 3:17pm On Aug 26, 2020
I have explained this many times. I don't see HOW 200K a month is a problem. The people that complain, should tell us what the PROBLEM is with 200k a month. You are not using your salary to buy patient medicine. So how is this a problem?

TheManofTomorrow:

Okay, pray tell. What can they do to tackle the problem?

I want to hear you opinions Sir.
If you think a 200k salary is Okay. I don't intend to further my argument on that.
Thats ur opinion.
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 26, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
tranditional medical school u sabi that one ...
Lol cheesy Better a wealthy drop out than an underpaid MD.
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by perdollar(m): 3:22pm On Aug 26, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
tranditional medical school u sabi that one ...
no wonder! those ones r home base doctors, they lack d mental capacity to travel to a better country
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by ahiboilandgas: 3:23pm On Aug 26, 2020
NNU0000:
Lol cheesy Better a wealthy drop out than an underpaid MD.
a local filling station better pass the mbbs him dey carry for head ...kai even a 45000 litres truck ...
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by ahiboilandgas: 3:25pm On Aug 26, 2020
frog12:
I have explained this many times. I don't see HOW 200K a month is a problem. The people that complain, should tell us what the PROBLEM is with 200k a month. You are not using your salary to buy patient medicine. So how is this a problem?

he taught he will be living like husppuppy cos of mbbs ....so they are tooo pained that entrepreneur, a balling...after long hours of cramming....
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by Elsueno: 3:25pm On Aug 26, 2020
anastasius:

So u can start feeling entitled to his money later on in life?

Thank God you are not related to me, I have enough money to sponsor him and will have more by the grace of God. I don't collect nor intend to collect handouts from my younger brothers.

i help people who aren't even related to me with money when I want. I don't expect them to repay me. Talkless of my own blood brother. I cant feed my whole relations forever but I will do everything in my power to make sure they can at least take care of themselves when am gone.

Please do not assume what goes on in ur own family is what happens in mine

1 Like

Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by eedimo(m): 3:27pm On Aug 26, 2020
I regretted being a Nigerian the first time I landed in US. Touring Washington revealed how socially blind I was. I WISHED HUMANS DON'T WAKE FROM BEAUTIFUL DREAMS.

1 Like

Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by ahiboilandgas: 3:28pm On Aug 26, 2020
perdollar:
no wonder! those ones r home base doctors, they lack d mental capacity to travel to a better country
the one that travel came back to meet mc olumo for oshodi to present his certificate of return for oshodi federal constituency....
Mc oluma na traditional agbo him dey drink...

2 Likes

Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by Elsueno: 3:29pm On Aug 26, 2020
martineverest:
don't forget how our government subsidies education compared to what American citizens pay for same education.

The minister of Labour categorically stated we already HAVE ENOUGH MEDICAL PERSONNEL in the country.

See ehn...bros it will take a miracle to fix this country, if at all possible try and even make sure your future kids get correct citizenship. that way they can choose which country they wanna live in. DO UR PART & leave the choice to them
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by ahiboilandgas: 3:30pm On Aug 26, 2020
eedimo:
I regretted being a Nigerian the first time I landed in US.
Touring Washington revealed how socially blind I was.
I WISHED HUMANS DON'T WAKE FROM BEAUTIFUL DREAMS.
watch your back sha cos some killer white police might.....any way black lives matter ....really....no i can breath in paradise ....
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 26, 2020
Elsueno:

The minister of Labour categorically stated we already HAVE ENOUGH MEDICAL PERSONNEL in the country.

See ehn...bros it will take a miracle to fix this country, if at all possible try and even make sure your future kids get correct citizenship. that way they can choose which country they wanna live in. DO UR PART & leave the choice to them
Is it the current minister? I've always wondered if he's really an MD or a doctorate degree holder.
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by perdollar(m): 3:43pm On Aug 26, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
the one that travel came back to meet mc olumo for oshodi to present his certificate of return for oshodi federal constituency....
Mc oluma na traditional agbo him dey drink...

that one na traditional doctor infact any Yoruba medical doctor na actually a traditional doctor
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by ahiboilandgas: 3:44pm On Aug 26, 2020
perdollar:
that one na traditional doctor infact any Yoruba medical doctor na actually a traditional doctor
but him come back from paradise America..
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by armadeo(m): 3:45pm On Aug 26, 2020
frog12:
you sound like a DOCTOR.
GREED. so you dey say 200k salary a month is not enough?
tell us more.

This is one issue that tires me out.

You cannot judge another persons worth. If he wants to be paid 1million his business. If you can do it for 200k then by all means go ahead.

1 Like

Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by ahiboilandgas: 3:47pm On Aug 26, 2020
NNU0000:
Is it the current minister? I've always wondered if he's really an MD or a doctorate degree holder.
may be before u where born ....quality MBBS not your strike ridden mbbs and he has work in your dream nation America and come back to become governor,minister and senator....
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by frog12: 3:47pm On Aug 26, 2020
if all the DOCTORS disappear tomorrow, you go start to PRAISE me

armadeo:

This is one issue that tires me out.

You cannot judge another persons worth. If he wants to be paid 1million his business. If you can do it for 200k then by all means go ahead.
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by frog12: 3:54pm On Aug 26, 2020
DONT mind our greedy DOCTORS with GOD complexes. They think once they FINISH they can buy one nice car within MONTHS. then they see that the economic condition is different, then they start to COMPLAIN after another.

I was like that too when thinking of MEDICINE with my mates smiley

theres no outside DOCTOR that will read this TALE and not say BLACKS are greedy people that will abandon their COUNTRY and sick patient all for MONEY.

ahiboilandgas:
he taught he will be living like husppuppy cos of mbbs ....so they are tooo pained that entrepreneur, a balling...after long hours of cramming....
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by perdollar(m): 3:54pm On Aug 26, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
but him come back from paradise America..
he came back as a fraudster just as he went there as a Yahoo boy. upgrade!
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 26, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
may be before u where born ....quality MBBS not your strike ridden mbbs and he has work in your dream nation America and come back to become governor,minister and senator....
You siding with Ngige on this? How can he make such statement when many healthcare facilities are in dire need of qualified Medical personnels, with MDs on top of the list?
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by TheManofTomorrow(m): 4:06pm On Aug 26, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
u are cofused ..15 bn dollars lekki deep sea ,10bn dollars eko Atlantic, 13 bn dangote refinary, 1bn dollara oriental refinary...and several more are investemnt by fdi and fpi into Nigeria ....Nigeria got the seconds highest fdi in africa over 100bn dollars annually......their is live outside mbbs and cramming,cram ...open your mind dont let mbbs and salary limit your thinkings ....

I'm talking of the medical sector, bro.
Dangote is investing in refinery to be cause he will benefit a lot from it financially.

Not that he gives a hoot about the welfare of the people.

Why will a foreigner invest in the medical sector in Nigeria?
Who are its target customers? The masses that can't even afford 3 Square meals in a day?

The politicians that prefer to go about to treat anything even as much as a catarr ?(with their looted funds)

No matter which way we spin this. Its all boils down our greedy government and not a blame should be placed on any profession that decided to explore their option outside the country doctors inclusive.

I'm done
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by TheManofTomorrow(m): 4:07pm On Aug 26, 2020
frog12:

As I said, I don't intend to further my argument in that area, and I mean it.

Have a nice day, and don't forget to get all your children to study medicine only for them to be stuck in a 200k salary for life with neck-breaking working conditions.
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by TheManofTomorrow(m): 4:10pm On Aug 26, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
pray to get the 200k job first.......let a 200k vancany be published by luth let see how many will queue up......how even passed their licensenig exams less than 50 percent.....na cram cram...

It's not even about the 200k. It's more of the working condition and the state of the country.

I won't even try to get that 200k. I will get all the required certification and go to a saner clime to train my offsprings.

Meanwhile, you can stay in Nigeria and continue trying to restructure things to the way it should be. Good luck with that.

1 Like

Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by Kenn55: 4:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
who are those people paying 6m for b.i.s ,bowen ,daywaterman college,just for secondary school and who are those paying 5m in abti ,baze,Turkish,covenant,bell afebablola university ...this same group will pay 5m for mbbs if public university are privatized and charge tution......there over 50000 Nigerian families that pay 5m yearly for mbbs if kids show interest......politicians are not spirit or ghost ....doctors can become politician if they luv the perks and salary ...and if they can spend millions for mobilize elections.......if u pay 30m for election form and spend 200m to become rep .....how will u recoup such money ...can doctors spend such sum or risk 5000 naira .......the politician in Nigeria spends over 60 percent of his income on the public ....how about doctors ? How do they help financially? .....a local govt chairman pay hospital bills ,weddibg ceremony,school fee,and all bills ,how about doctors ur salary is only for u and family .....

Loool grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

At some point, i thought i was reading a joke from a comedian on facebook.
Una no go kee person ooo grin grin
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by frog12: 4:22pm On Aug 26, 2020
another MEDICAL student with GOD complex. go to overseas HOSPITALS and you will see the same neck-breaking conditions over there.
The only way out is to have PRIVATE Practice.
See you. Good conversation anyway.

TheManofTomorrow:

As I said, I don't intend to further my argument in that area, and I mean it.

Have a nice day, and don't forget to get all your children to study medicine only for them to be stuck in a 200k salary for life with neck-breaking working conditions.
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by ahiboilandgas: 4:32pm On Aug 26, 2020
My doctot friends am not against u migrating for better incomes or good working environment my issue is using tax money to train future migrants... a least they can have a bond of 7 years ....kano was operating it before .....but a situation where doctors cant get residency space or jobs they can migrate out of Nigeria ......

1 Like

Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by ukay2: 4:42pm On Aug 26, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
My doctot friends am not against u migrating for better incomes or good working environment my issue is using tax money to train future migrants... a least they can have a bond of 7 years ....kano was operating it before .....but a situation where doctors cant get residency space or jobs they can migrate out of Nigeria ......

U de cause problems oga cool
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by billbonesmd(m): 4:52pm On Aug 26, 2020
Medical School isn't free (128k per session in Govt universities) and Most spend yonders years beyond what is acceptable in saner climes.
Now you what them trapped, slaving for the system.

Maybe, you train your own child to be a Doctor, then force him to contribute to the system.
Yankee101:
You go were you are appreciated

I believe it's high time we begin to charge tuition on courses like Medicine or at the least have a minimum contribution you must make to your country before leaving

US doctors and lawyers have student loans of 200 to 500k USD after graduation
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by Yankee101: 4:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
billbonesmd:
Medical School isn't free (128k per session in Govt universities) and Most spend yonders years beyond what is acceptable in saner climes.
Now you what them trapped, slaving for the system.

Maybe, you train your own child to be a Doctor, then force him to contribute to the system.

Those are fees not tuition. That 128k per session you talked about can't pay the cleaner's salary per session

Onwuka stated that it was illegal for any federal university to charge tuition fees, saying that the law had made it clear that no federal university should charge students tuition fees.
He, however, stated that the federal government could not determine payment of fees in private and state universities.

https://theeagleonline.com.ng/fg-queries-nuc-over-charges-of-tuition-fees-by-federal-varsities/
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by Elsueno: 5:07pm On Aug 26, 2020
NNU0000:

Ironically the man is a medical Doctor woh

https://punchng.com/doctors-free-to-leave-nigeria-we-have-enough-ngige/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrBZ7soT4qo
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by victons(m): 5:10pm On Aug 26, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
i think Nigerians attending Subsidies highly needed trainings like medicine should start signing bond of working locally to 10 years or pay off the cost immediately or attended private university.........
How will this stop the doctors from fleeing
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by victons(m): 5:13pm On Aug 26, 2020
frog12:
they are GOING because of GREED. all AFRICAN countries face this PROBLEM. they pay our DOCTORS around 200 thousand a MONTH, and that's not enough for them? GREED. Ghana knows the problem, so THEY MAKE IT difficult for their DOCTORS to run away!
it's because we subsidise education, and make it cheap to STUDY medicine very CHEAP! it's expensive to study medicine in the Western country. You have to get LOANS to study so you are locked until you pay the debt.

Botswana pays up to 850k
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 26, 2020
OVB123:
I am sorry to say this: "Nigeria will never get better" the way the country is right now, it's only God that can serve us.

you honesty think God will save the 3rd most populous Christian group in the World, after his pastors Agents collected all the tithe money without remitting a dime into his account grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

6-Year-old Boko Haram Victim Shocked Dubai Doctors Begins To Walk (Photos) / Fire From Lantern Burns NewBorn Baby In Calabar (Graphic Photos) / Nosy Ude: How I Beat Cancer In 8 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.