Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,925 members, 7,810,558 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week (33659 Views)

More Teaching Hospitals Risk Shutdown Over Exodus Of Medical Professionals / The Twin-Tragedy Of Nigerian Doctors' Strike And Mass Exodus / COVID-19: Danger Looms As Nigerians Jettison Safety Measures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by frog12: 8:59am On Aug 26, 2020
and I hear they discriminate against those workers.
I hear those workers were frontline CORONA doctors and they started dying while the NATIVE brits were hidding.

THROW them in the PITS of hell first!

topboss:

IT IS NOT, IT IS UK GOVERNMENT POLICY.

THEY DEPEND ALOT ON BLACK, INDIANS, ASIANS AND ARAB FOR MEDICAL STAFF.

SO MANY NIGERIA DOCTORS WORK IN UK.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-launches-health-and-care-visa-to-ensure-uk-health-and-care-services-have-access-to-the-best-global-talent
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by ahiboilandgas: 9:00am On Aug 26, 2020
peeps4u:

The same reason Why the new teachers are not getting jobs despite very few teachers in all public schools in Nigeria.
..that mean the state cannot afford to empoly all doctors ?
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by topboss: 9:00am On Aug 26, 2020
frog12:
and I hear they discriminate against those workers.
I hear those workers were frontline CORONA doctors and they started dying while the NATIVE brits were hidding.

THROW them in the PITS of hell first!

OFCOURSE THEY WILL BE FRONTLINE CORONA MEDICAL STAFF, THAT IS WHY THEY ARE ALLOWING THEM INTO THEIR COUNTRY.

DO U KNOW HOW MANY BLACK MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL LOST THEIR LIVES THIS LAST 6 MONTHS IN UK ?

ALOT MORE THAN WHITES.

EUROPE IS EXPECTING SECOND WAVE WINTER.

3 Likes

Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by ukay2: 9:01am On Aug 26, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
most of them dont do calculation they think 25m naira (50 pounds) will give same type of lifestyle and chilling in uk......u might move from a duplex in Nigeria to a condon in uk and still pay 1200 pounds per months....u cant even have a nanny ,cook, house girl,maiguard driver any more ......u will wash ,iron ,cook your meals your self .....all those 15000 house girls in NIgeeria no dey u will pay 700 pounds for day care from that salary ....

Na true, but their sanity is preserved grin

3 Likes

Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by frog12: 9:02am On Aug 26, 2020
they should BAN doctors from running away. CORONA is still around, who go TREAT people?
Oh, I forgot, our DOCTORS are dunces.
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by nkiliuzo(m): 9:03am On Aug 26, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
50000 pounds per anum gross incoms ...less 20 percent incoms tax 10000 pounds out less rent 12000 pounds out less feeding and transport 15000 pounds ....less taxing by Family 2000 pounds =....40000 pounds gone in expends saving....circa 800 pounds monthly x500 =400,000 ......not bad .......
wetin you dey calculate

5 Likes

Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by OVB123: 9:03am On Aug 26, 2020
cray91:
you don't have to apologize for saying the truth! it can and will never get better we already know all these!

courtesy of our leaders!
No! don't you think that nigerians (citizens) are also involved?
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by topboss: 9:03am On Aug 26, 2020
frog12:
they should BAN doctors from running away. CORONA is still around, who go TREAT people. Oh, I forgot, our DOCTORS are dunces.

DEY WILL TAKE THE BEST BRAINS, OF THE DOCTORS AND GIVE DEM ASSESSMENT.
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by Bbbwings: 9:03am On Aug 26, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Please why are new doctors having hard time getting residency or federal teaching hospital jobs depsite mass migration and low man power
Our senior colleagues are part of the problem.
Cmds are mostly corrupt.

6 Likes

Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by bizhop01: 9:03am On Aug 26, 2020
This is 100% true because my senior brother a medical doctor is set to move to Manchester permanent.
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by Leopantro: 9:03am On Aug 26, 2020
martineverest:
exactly....the naija doctors failed to realised how much naija government subsidies education compared to foreign counterparts and naija government failed to provide conducive environment

So when they realized it what do you want them to do?
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by frog12: 9:05am On Aug 26, 2020
they've already given THEM ASSESSMENT. that's why they have VISAS.

BRITAIN, SHAME. stealing needed medical staff from another COUNTRY.
THIS MUST BE that indian home secretary's work... greedy indian.

topboss:

DEY WILL TAKE THE BEST BRAINS, OF THE DOCTORS AND GIVE DME ASSESSMENT.
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by Leopantro: 9:05am On Aug 26, 2020
frog12:
they should BAN doctors from running away. CORONA is still around, who go TREAT people?

If they are dunces, why are they getting jobs in other countries that appreciate them?

6 Likes

Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 26, 2020
They cannot. Simply because there are no student loans, no equipped labs and equipment at teaching hospitals.

Also if you make it massively expensive, only rich students can afford it or simply prefer to go abroad and do it since the fees will be at par. We do not have infrastructure for student loans.

The simple issue is to fix the country. All sectors are impacted when security is not taken seriously and the government are hell bent on looting the country dry with no investment in anything.

There is no reason to stay. What exactly will 200k per month do for anybody in a high stressful job as healthcare? Nothing. You can have you and your family study it and graduate and earn the salaries.

samsard:
Yes, because Nigerian government subsidizes higher education in general. Higher education is not meant to be cheap if the cost is borne by students, even much more so when it's medicine.

1 Like

Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by frog12: 9:06am On Aug 26, 2020
what's his motive?
what complains did he give?

bizhop01:
This is 100% true because my senior brother a medical doctor is set to move to Manchester permanent.
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 26, 2020
Its been a long time coming.. The useless old goats and blind young fools will say the youths are lazy and should look for opportunities to be self employed in a society where the basic amenities to foster it are luxury. Even eating properly is a luxury. Then when the radical boys turn to crime to escape, fools will say they're looking for fast money when the only money is held back by the system. Its a miracle to progress in naija. A country that undermines the services of teachers, healthcare providers and security agencies is as good as dead.. The govt has failed us but we also fail ourselves. NGOs and wealthy organizations in those places we run to also invest interests in various segments they're passionate about. From healthcare, academics,technology,sports etc but here our only passion is to show our fellow we have arrived and are better than them. Bloody people deserve bloody leaders. We ain't seen nothing yet. Who go still suffer am the more The poor masses who can't travel out for proper medical care. Nonsense and bullshit

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by Leopantro: 9:07am On Aug 26, 2020
topboss:

OFCOURSE THEY WILL BE FRONTLINE CORONA MEDICAL STAFF, THAT IS WHY THEY ARE ALLOWING THEM INTO THEIR COUNTRY.

DO U KNOW HOW MANY BLACK MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL LOST THEIR LIVES THIS LAST 6 MONTHS IN UK ?

ALOT MORE THAN WHITES.

EUROPE IS EXPECTING SECOND WAVE WINTER.

At least they will get paid while doing the job unlike in Nigeria.

https://twitter.com/adeyanjudeji/status/1297088289619562496?s=09
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by frog12: 9:08am On Aug 26, 2020
because any SERVANT can be trained!
in WAR, it doesn't matter, even a CHILD can be trained to KILL. REMEMBER, sierra leone, liberia, rwanda, congo, uganda!

Leopantro:

If they are dunces, why are they getting jobs in other countries that appreciate them?
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by dwizzed(m): 9:08am On Aug 26, 2020
frog12:
what was the MAN'S problem?
and was he an ACCOUNTANT over there or a REFUSE SORTER?

Currently works as an accountant. I'm saying a sweet food is most times not appreciated by the sellers children but by outsiders.
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by ukay2: 9:08am On Aug 26, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Please why are new doctors having hard time getting residency or federal teaching hospital jobs depsite mass migration and low man power

Corruption at ogas at the top.... angry

2 Likes

Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by Leopantro: 9:09am On Aug 26, 2020
frog12:
because any SERVANT can be trained!
in WAR, it doesn't matter, even a CHILD can be trained to KILL. REMEMBER, sierra leone, liberia, rwanda, congo, uganda!

Why can't Nigeria do the training?
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by topboss: 9:09am On Aug 26, 2020
Leopantro:

At least they will get paid while doing the job unlike in Nigeria.

https://twitter.com/adeyanjudeji/status/1297088289619562496?s=09

I THINK WHITE PEOPLE SHOULD COME AND BE IN CHARGE OF NIGERIA.

THAT IS THE BEST OPTION, OTHERWISE, EVERYBODY WILL SLOWLY LEAVE TO EUROPE AND USA.

ALL BECOS POLITHIEVIANS ARE SHARING NATIONAL CAKE, MEANT FOR HEALTH SECTOR, EDUCATION SECTOR, INFRASTRUCTRE ETC

3 Likes

Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by frog12: 9:10am On Aug 26, 2020
you sound like a DOCTOR.
GREED. so you dey say 200k salary a month is not enough?
tell us more.

georgeiyke009:
They cannot. Simply because there are no student loans, no equipped labs and equipment at teaching hospitals.

Also if you make it massively expensive, only rich students can afford it or simply prefer to go abroad and do it since the fees will be at par. We do not have infrastructure for student loans.

The simple issue is to fix the country. All sectors are impacted when security is not taken seriously and the government are hell bent on looting the country dry with no investment in anything.

There is no reason to stay. What exactly will 200k per month do for anybody in a high stressful job as healthcare? Nothing. You can have you and your family study it and graduate and earn the salaries.

Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 26, 2020
How exactly will this be achieved?

People travel for all sorts of reasons. You cannot "ban" people or even anything. It has never worked. They will still find a way or simply mess up the system with so much incompetence that you will beg them to leave. You do not want to have a demotivated medical staff attending to you.

They know what to do to solve the problem but since they can jet out for medical issues, they will not. Your politicians earn millions monthly and yearly for doing what?

If they can find money for themselves, they can find money for the doctors.

frog12:
they should
BAN doctors from running away. CORONA is still around, who go TREAT people?

4 Likes

Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by AFONJAPIG(m): 9:12am On Aug 26, 2020
Me I japa since last year... Make unah enjoy the Ediot unah voted into power am not coming back anytime soon shocked shocked

6 Likes

Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by Elsueno: 9:12am On Aug 26, 2020
undecided

When my younger bros graduates from the university. I will pay for every single exam and anything required for him to leave this hell hole, as a doctor he needs to go where he will be valued. In that regard am ready to help him 100%

7 Likes

Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by frog12: 9:14am On Aug 26, 2020
you are fighting what you dont know, and they best way to do it without losing much, is to HIRE outside help!

have you been a CONSULTANT before? many of these firms HIRE consultants not because they CANNOT do the work themselves, but to PROTECT their jobs! Any problem during the work will result in SACK, so they hire consultants, so they can BLAME THE consultants for problems.

hahahahahahh. That's what that greedy INDIAN uk home secretary that collects BRIBES they do!
this na CORONA times, let these AFRICAN greedy maggots take care of CORONA patients and become infected. INDIANS like to wipe BRIT BUTTOCKS all the time. anyway you go, WHITES like to promote INDIANS above african swines.

Leopantro:

Why can't Nigeria do the training?
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by frog12: 9:14am On Aug 26, 2020
it can be done.
money is the MOTIVE for all these people running away. if GOVT increase their salaries, they will still RUN AWAY!
MEDICAL doctors in china are one the least PAID workers, and they do not run away.

georgeiyke009:
How exactly will this be achieved?

People travel for all sorts of reasons. You cannot "ban" people or even anything. It has never worked. They will still find a way or simply mess up the system with so much incompetence that you will beg them to leave. You do not want to have a demotivated medical staff attending to you.

They know what to do to solve the problem but since they can jet out for medical issues, they will not. Your politicians earn millions monthly and yearly for doing what?

If they can find money for themselves, they can find money for the doctors.

Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by Ingredient88(m): 9:15am On Aug 26, 2020
dre11:

SOURCE
Pls how can I make front page pls, I need some wisely advice on a step I'm about to take.
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by Lovelyn451(f): 9:15am On Aug 26, 2020
Like they've not been leaving b4...abeg talk another thing, I've already committed myself and family into Gods hands so no shaking
Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 26, 2020
People think this is a joke It's a very serious issue. My wife was among the 58 doctors who were refused travel last month, but she finally travelled 2 weeks ago to London by flight with some others provided by their employer. I'm now left with my 2 children hoping to join her soon. I feel bad for this country because what will now happen to the common man out there if all the qualified doctors leave!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week by topboss: 9:17am On Aug 26, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian / Fire From Lantern Burns NewBorn Baby In Calabar (Graphic Photos) / Nosy Ude: How I Beat Cancer In 8 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.