Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos - Culture (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos (63979 Views)

Supreme Court Dethrones Obong Of Calabar, Orders New Selection / Female Inheritance: Supreme Court, Igbo Culture In Head-on Collision / Samuel Adegbola: Supreme Court Dethrones First-Class Oyo Monarch, Eleruwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by trutharena: 10:21pm On Aug 26, 2020
Nuttella:
Most Igbo ladies are light skinned with beautiful figure which is why Yoruba men will keep dying on top our matter. Kill yaself

Lol, you are within the league of people that have the fixated mindset of light skinned being beautiful.

Where is the beauty when the legs are deformed like yam with the whole skin covered in hairs?

Yoruba men are just using you for intimacy gadgets and almost 95% of Ibo girls residing in the west are sex gadgets for Yoruba guys.

So don’t be too happy if Yoruba guys are after you, they are just after the girls that can give them the fastest free sex!
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by TimeManager(m): 10:22pm On Aug 26, 2020
Nuttella:
I know an Igbo lady that married a Yoruba nan, she is regretting it as we speak. The man has turned her to a hijjab wearing Muslim. This is a man she married as a Christian. Bunch of confused people.
forget that talk. she can't stay in a marriage she's not interested. There's no forced union or forced religion in yorubaland. Have you been to the north?, do you know Igbo ladies marry Alhajis & put on hijabs.

kiss the truth!

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by Princedapace(m): 10:24pm On Aug 26, 2020
pocohantas:

She will use it to take care of you people na. Since you men of this generation want to be breathing dildos. They will born for you, cook for you and still feed you.

Give you 15k for what? If you don’t have money and you cross my path- I will use you to confirm if ritual is real. undecided undecided

u called 15k nothing, so please come and be dashing me 15k! At least, it can cover my biweekly data cost grin

U cant inheriting properties and still be expecting men to be financially all and doing! Not adding up
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by BabaRamota1980: 10:25pm On Aug 26, 2020
Gilgil:

The judgement And the reactions show the poor understanding of culture and society by the current Nigerian system including Igbos.

In Igbo tradition, there is a balance.

1. Native land is only inherited by male children. Emphasis on Native land. This is to continue the family name in the same of location of ancestry.

2. Daughters and sons can inherit any other things. Including land that was bought by their father not within the native land!

3. Daughters inherit all their mother’s belongings From gold to cars to clothing to houses owned by their mother outside the native land. The only inheritance that goes to a son from the mother is a house built by or for the mother In the native land and this goes to the last son only.

4. Daughters’ sons could be given native land to live in and inherit in a situation whereby they Have trouble in their father’s land.

5. Now, the concept of daughters not inheriting native land is that by marriage they sojourn to another family and it is expected that they build that family to growth; reason why most Igbo Women are industrious! Once she is married into a family, she is a apportioned farming land, built a house for (in the olden days of polygamy) and given resources for a trade. So her focus is to build that family and Co-own the sources of livelihood for that family.

6. There is an eternal inheritance given to daughters in such a way that they are highly entitled to anything they ask for in their father’s house except native land.

7. Now it all depends on how wealthy a father is. The standard Igbo man would Share native land amongst his sons, share money, other property and liquid assets among all children; typically giving more to his daughters.

In the event that a man dies before his will, and all he has is native land, that is where daughters lose. Otherwise, daughters receive more liquid assets than the sons. Only greedy people try to undermine this culture.

It’s only people who don’t understand the Igbo culture that are screaming here.

When next igwe call a meeting of the autonomous village please table these before him. Supreme Court has spoken! Ibo women and daughters are free to sue any family member that trespass and want to deny their rights of inheritance.
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by TimeManager(m): 10:25pm On Aug 26, 2020
AmazonTopaz:

The person can abort the belle.
So what are you saying?

Feminist for life keep clowning and saying rubbish
Lol.. I can join you fight for justice & fairness for women but I won't join you to fight for equity. nature isn't stupid, feminism is. If you're intelligent, you will understand.

kiss the truth!
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by pocohantas(f): 10:26pm On Aug 26, 2020
Princedapace:

u called 15k nothing, so please come and be dashing me 15k! At least, it can cover my biweekly data cost grin

U cant inheriting properties and still be expecting men to be financially all and doing! Not adding up

I didn’t call it nothing o, but I know most Nigerians do not earn so much. So when you guys keep whining about giving women money- how much?

You follow for the men wey dey buy woman car or house? Those ones don’t even disturb, they do it for the culture. It is you people on NL that still check alert after every purchase that will be claiming 80% funding.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by Princedapace(m): 10:28pm On Aug 26, 2020
pocohantas:

I didn’t call it nothing o, but I know most Nigerians do not earn so much. So when you guys keep whining about giving women money- how much?

You follow for the men wey dey buy woman car or house? Those ones don’t even disturb, they do it for the culture. It is you people on NL that still check alert after every purchase that will be claiming 80% funding.

And u really think everyone on nairaland is broke like u? Like seriously?
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by pocohantas(f): 10:29pm On Aug 26, 2020
Princedapace:

And u really think everyone on nairaland is broke like u? Like seriously?

Oya na, set awon Dangote. Make we send account number? Oga go continue to fund 80% of 40k. grin

Even the other one with dirty pots and table littered with pegs and razor blade is also claiming funding. God help Nigerian women.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by BabaRamota1980: 10:29pm On Aug 26, 2020
SamEastson:
Yorubas are no better.

My Elder bro married to a Yoruba lady and I'm yet to see anything inform of inheritance.
So which heaven-on-earth treatment given to your ladies are you talking about??
This ruling is not for individual application. It is for all women in Iboland.

If your Yoruba inlaw was denied her inheritance she knows what to do, if indeed she is Yoruba. I suspect she is Ghanaian. Your brother bought a fake pussy. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by TimeManager(m): 10:32pm On Aug 26, 2020
Nuttella:
Most Igbo ladies are light skinned with beautiful figure 8, which is why those blacky Yoruba men will keep dying on top our matter. Kill yaself

Are you kidding? shey u dey joke ni?. U dey make me laff grin

kiss the truth!
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by Princedapace(m): 10:32pm On Aug 26, 2020
pocohantas:

Oya na, set awon Dangote. Make we send account number? Oga go continue to fund 80% of 40k. grin

Even the other one with dirty pots and table littered with pegs and razor blade is also claiming funding. God help Nigerian women.

How u assume personalities based on public forum beats my imagination. I can only assume u are just joking!
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:46pm On Aug 26, 2020
TimeManager:

Lol.. I can join you fight for justice & fairness for women but I won't join you to fight for equity. nature isn't stupid, feminism is. If you're intelligent, you will understand.

kiss the truth!
Go and sleep and leave my mentions you are becoming an irritant.
Bye bye
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by TimeManager(m): 10:51pm On Aug 26, 2020
baby124:

Go and check all the women who achieved everything as firsts in Nigeria. All Yoruba women old enough to be your grand mother. Who trained them? Their Yoruba fathers. So this your comment is a lie. Igbo women are more than any other tribe more likely to be trained by their husbands because of this inheritance issue.
she is a clown.

kiss the truth!
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by TimeManager(m): 10:59pm On Aug 26, 2020
AmazonTopaz:

Go and sleep and leave my mentions you are becoming an irritant.
Bye bye
Don't miss a good guy o. when you drop radical feminism, I will put a ring on it. I'm for fairness & justice for women

kiss the truth!
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by Princedapace(m): 11:02pm On Aug 26, 2020
pocohantas:

Nooo, as I dey see you, I dey see Zuckerberg.

Even Jornwhité that cooks in dirty pots is also funding. Isn’t that misplaced priorities? Funding women when your kitchen looks like IDP’s own. Don’t blame any woman for your stoopidity.

I'm not here to exchange words with u. U are talented when it comes to insulting people, ride on dear. And I wish u the best.
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by Cheeryfeet: 11:10pm On Aug 26, 2020
AmazonTopaz:

Maybe it is because you lack comprehension to decipher english.
It is not my fault though.
Learn to read and understand
you should do your self a favor and read your post objectively and see if it makes sense and quit embarrassing your self. Moreover stop acting like a kid, maybe you are
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 26, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

This ruling is not for individual application. It is for all women in Iboland.

If your Yoruba inlaw was denied her inheritance she knows what to do, if indeed she is Yoruba. I suspect she is Ghanaian. Your brother bought a fake pussy. cheesy
see how this Afonja quickly rejected his sister.
Anyways that's your hallmark, always ready to reject anything you don't like be it their blood relative.
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 26, 2020
trutharena:

Lol, you are within the league of people that have the fixated mindset of light skinned being beautiful.

Where is the beauty when the legs are deformed like yam with the whole skin covered in hairs?

Yoruba men are just using you for intimacy gadgets and almost 95% of Ibo girls residing in the west are sex gadgets for Yoruba guys.

So don’t be too happy if Yoruba guys are after you, they are just after the girls that can give them the fastest free sex!
Yoruba women are nowhere near their Igbo counterpart in terms of beautiful, you and I know that we don't need a soothSayer to tell us that and that's why Yorubas sees marrying an Igbo lady as a ground breaking achievement.
How many beauty contest do the Yoruba women emerges winner??
Oh! I know your excuse "who even get time for that useless pageantry of a thing "
My father usually say and I quote
it is easier to criticize that which is beyond your reach
no need for those excuses because no one asked for it,
Just say that Yoruba babes are not fụckable or maybe too dirty for their liking grin grin
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by jornwhite: 11:32pm On Aug 26, 2020
Princedapace:

hahahahahahaha, that is what they do o! At most, they will buy u boxers grin grin grin

i saw her comment to you more like inanities, its no longer women are breadwinner, its now men must provide or men are useless grin. ... she is the definition of mischievous. whoever buys me a tommy hifiger boxer shuld expect a baaleciaga lemon lingerie as well grin
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by hammer8: 11:41pm On Aug 26, 2020
[s]
BabaRamota1980:

When next igwe call a meeting of the autonomous village please table these before him. Supreme Court has spoken! Ibo women and daughters are free to sue any family member that trespass and want to deny their rights of inheritance.
[/s]

Y DONT U GO AND TELL IGWE YOURSELF.

I THOUGHT YOUR SUPREME COURT IS THE LAW, Y ARE U MENTIONING IGWE.

WASTE OF SPACE!
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 26, 2020
AmazonTopaz:

In your dreams.
Oh you are pained cry harder boy.

Let me go and enjoy my yoruba hubby tongue tongue
Look at me living life and enjoying below while you are pained that an igbo lady is rejecting igbo village men
hahahaha are you up to 18yrs....
This your comment definitely shows you're still a teenager

SamEastson please let the kid go
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by pocohantas(f): 11:54pm On Aug 26, 2020
Princedapace:

I'm not here to exchange words with u. U are talented when it comes to insulting people, ride on dear. And I wish u the best.

Prince please go and hustle. Make you no come dey lie say you forget token for house when them ask you for money. Goodnight sweetie. kiss
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by TMKsouth: 11:55pm On Aug 26, 2020
SamEastson:
All these defamatory comments were brought about by TMKsouth thread about South Africans liking the Igbos.

You see the propaganda that I was talking about
@ TMKsouth

Following. Too complex.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 26, 2020
trutharena:

Lol. Yorubas are far beyond the league of any tribe in Nigeria.

We are the benchmark for other tribes in achievement and the statistics are there for record.

Yoruba civilization date back to the periods of the Oyo empire where they conquered vast lands. The only thing known about Ibos past was that they were slaves to Igala.

Even in fashion and poshness these days, the Yorubas are the most civilized tribes with better swag and cultural heritage. That explained why the Afro- pop industry is mostly a Yoruba heritage and Yoruba culture can be felt even in South America and the Caribbean.

Yorubas are the most educated tribe and when you mention Yorubas, the first thing that come to your mind is education. We are the most intelligent tribe in Nigeria and the statistics are there.

Talk about vision, the Yorubas are from a visionary bloodline which manifested in our politics, culture, religious tolerance, and achievements.

Talk about industrious, the Yorubas are there. Is it about Telecom, industries, Startups IT companies, insurance, Educational institutions, Fin-Tech, name it.

How exactly are the Igbos civilized than Yorubas? Even the posh one among the Igbos are all made in Lagos!
lier, don't even try to shift the goal post because we've the record.
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by trutharena: 12:05am On Aug 27, 2020
LordSamuel:
Yoruba women are nowhere near their Igbo counterpart in terms of beautiful, you and I know that we don't need a soothSayer to tell us that and that's why Yorubas sees marrying an Igbo lady as a ground breaking achievement.
How many beauty contest do the Yoruba women emerges winner??
Oh! I know your excuse "who even get time for that useless pageantry of a thing "
My father usually say and I quote no need for those excuses because no one asked for it,
Just say that Yoruba babes are not fụckable or maybe too dirty for their liking grin grin

Lol I’m glad you answered your useless contest question yourself.

How many Fulani girls do you see doing beauty contest? Haven’t that told you not everyone derive pleasure in those kind of prostitution contest where organizers bleep girls without regard for honor?

Which beauty please? You mean the hairy chest Igbo ladies with yam legs?

Your girls are free for all and they have been striped of every honor. Goto brothels around the country, you will see countless Ibo girls plying their trade with their families.

Go to Kano, Abuja, Porthacort, Lagos, Ondo, down to Kaduna your babes are synonymous to prostitutes.

Go to Enugu and Just tell them you will take them to Lagos and you can have the whole family for free.
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by Nobody: 12:06am On Aug 27, 2020
trutharena:

Lol. Use charm on Igbo women? That will be a total waste of money and effort.

Just buy then indomine or Suya and that’s it.

If you want to get plenty girls, just let them post you to Enugu for NYSC, you can bang the village head wife and numerous girls by promising to take them to Lagos alone.

Shidinma I will take you to Lagos. E don finish, you can have them all free of charge!
so many kids parading as alphas here in NL
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by trutharena: 12:07am On Aug 27, 2020
LordSamuel:
lier, don't even try to shift the goal post because we've the record.

Lol which of the records?

This is not even a competition. The Yorubas have always been the benchmark for every Nigerian tribe in measure of all round achievement.
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by trutharena: 12:08am On Aug 27, 2020
LordSamuel:
so many kids parading as alphas here in NL

This is not a matter of being a kid. Can you deny any of my assertions?

Your people started this in the first place, I only replied them back so why the wailing?
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 27, 2020
trutharena:

This is not a matter of being a kid. Can you deny any of my assertions?

Your people started this in the first place, I only replied them back so why the wailing?
I don't roll with kids grin grin
Ba bye
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by hammer8: 12:16am On Aug 27, 2020
[s]
trutharena:

This is not even a competition. The Yorubas have always been the benchmark for every Nigerian tribe in measure of all round achievement.
[/s]

YORUBA ARE THE MOST BACKWARD IN NIGERIA.

NEVER HAPPY IN THEIR OWN SKIN.

I AM HAPPY THAT MY POEPLE ARE SLOWLY PUTTING THINGS IN PLACE IIN IGBOLAND.

APART FROM LAGOS, I DONT SEE WAT YORUBA HAVE TO OFFER.

BUT SOON, WE MIGHT FORGO IT FOR BIAFRA.
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by Nobody: 12:18am On Aug 27, 2020
trutharena:

in which terms,
Remember, whatsoever the Yoruba man does, the Igbo man has done it and forgets that he did it. Tell me one and I'll tell you two

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (27) (Reply)

A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs / Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) / Somali-Sudanese Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.