Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos - Culture (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos (64008 Views)

Supreme Court Dethrones Obong Of Calabar, Orders New Selection / Female Inheritance: Supreme Court, Igbo Culture In Head-on Collision / Samuel Adegbola: Supreme Court Dethrones First-Class Oyo Monarch, Eleruwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by Nobody: 12:22am On Aug 27, 2020
hammer8:
[s][/s]

YORUBA ARE THE MOST BACKWARD IN NIGERIA.

NEVER HAPPY IN THEIR OWN SKIN.

I AM HAPPY THAT MY POEPLE ARE SLOWLY PUTTING THINGS IN PLACE IIN IGBOLAND.

APART FROM LAGOS, I DONT SEE WAT YORUBA HAVE TO OFFER.

BUT SOON, WE MIGHT FORGO IT FOR BIAFRA.
Lagos is a Federal Reserved State(F.R.S) where Federal government stalked most of the federal assets belonging to 200 million people,
So yorubas laying claims to it is just plain s.tupidity.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by trutharena: 12:28am On Aug 27, 2020
hammer8:
[s][/s]

Lol. Yoruba backward in Nigeria ke? What should we now call Igbo land? Wretched?

Most of your well to do people make it in the West. Infact Igboland is like a deserted area where people keep trooping out from for a better life.

Igboland is a dead zone without worth. You should feel sorry for the Igbo nation when the best of your people had to claim lagosians to lord over their kinsmen in Igbo land

You can only covet Lagos like your ancestor Azikwe did, it doesn’t stop the fact that it is Yoruba land and heritage.

Lest I forget, Ogun state is better than any states in the SE in terms of Industry, Educational institution, IGR, and worth!

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by trutharena: 12:33am On Aug 27, 2020
LordSamuel:
Lagos is a Federal Reserved State(F.R.S) where Federal government stalked most of the federal assets belonging to 200 million people,
So yorubas laying claims to it is just plain s.tupidity.

Maybe you should ask why the FG initially chose Lagos as the FCT in the first place. It’s is an already made nation built by the resources of the Yoruba hinterlands and Lagos has her first seaport before the amalgamation of Nigeria in 1914.

Why can’t you ask yourself why Abuja hasn’t been able to measure up to Lagos in terms of GDP? At least Abuja has been FCT since 1991, besides the buildings Abuja is a dead state because their Human Resources and GDP output is very worse.

Moreso Not all Lagos state was FCT and the likes of Ikeja etc are part of Western Region and the resources of Western Region was spent building it up.

Your ancestors Azikwe also dreamed of taking over Lagos, he perished with his dreams. So I am not surprised his descendants are also exhibiting the same symptoms of covetousness.
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by trutharena: 12:34am On Aug 27, 2020
LordSamuel:
in which terms,
Remember, whatsoever the Yoruba man does, the Igbo man has done it and forgets that he did it. Tell me one and I'll tell you two

Nobel Laurate
Multiple Grammy
Richest man and woman by Forbes
Richest state
State with highest GDP-IGR
Best public university
Best private university

Oya tell me one thing Igbo has and I will tell you a Yoruba version of it!
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by IgboSomalia: 12:43am On Aug 27, 2020
LordSamuel:
in which terms,
Remember, whatsoever the Yoruba man does, the Igbo man has done it and forgets that he did it. Tell me one and I'll tell you two

Yorubas had the Oyo Empire, the Ife kingdom, etc with well built ancient civilizations. You Igbos didn't have a single city built by your forefathers.

Yorubas have 11 Grammys, no Igbo man dead or alive has a single 1.

Yorubas have a Nobel Prize, you can never ever produce 1.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by BabaRamota1980: 12:43am On Aug 27, 2020
SamEastson:
for the last time, stop portraying the Igbos in bad light. The Yorubas are no better.

Yoruba - the Best race on this planet!

Ibo is a land of denials and exclusions
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by trutharena: 12:45am On Aug 27, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

Yoruba - the Best race on this planet!

Ibo is a land of denials and exclusions

I have watched it in movies where their women can’t lay claim to inheritance. I was thinking it was just movie and little did I know that it actually does happen in real life.

This thread is an eye opener and I am amazed seeing some of them defending such archaic culture and oppression of their women.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by IgboSomalia: 12:46am On Aug 27, 2020
SamEastson:
for the last time, stop portraying the Igbos in bad light. The Yorubas are no better.

Can your mother and sisters inherit property?

Igbo widows are for the enjoyment of the husband's brothers. Spits

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by csamii: 12:47am On Aug 27, 2020
hammer8:
[s][/s]

Is that not what that Myetti Allah guy said on national TV. He called them primitive and now, I tend to agree with him.
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by trutharena: 12:53am On Aug 27, 2020
csamii:

Is that not what that Myetti Allah guy said on national TV. He called them primitive and now, I tend to agree with him.

Lol. Miyetti calling Yoruba primitive should have been an embarrassment on the world primitive itself.

Can your women inherit properties? Yes or No?

If your answer is No, then you are very Primitive, even more than the Miyetti Allah folks that know of nothing else than drink cow urines.
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by Nobody: 12:54am On Aug 27, 2020
trutharena:

Maybe you should ask why the FG initially chose Lagos as the FCT in the first place. It’s is an already made nation built by the resources of the Yoruba hinterlands and Lagos has her first seaport before the amalgamation of Nigeria in 1914.

Why can’t you ask yourself why Abuja hasn’t been able to measure up to Lagos in terms of GDP? At least Abuja has been FCT since 1991, besides the buildings Abuja is a dead state because their Human Resources and GDP output is very worse.

Moreso Not all Lagos state was FCT and the likes of Ikeja etc are part of Western Region and the resources of Western Region was spent building it up.

Your ancestors Azikwe also dreamed of taking over Lagos, he perished with his dreams. So I am not surprised his descendants are also exhibiting the same symptoms of covetousness.

the government chose Lagos because it has access to sea btw it was later moved to Abuja after realizing that a capital city of any nation cannot be located on the border. Lagos is not anywhere near developed so stop misleading the public. Tomorrow someone will tell me that Abuja is already developed that's why the government chose it.
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by trutharena: 1:04am On Aug 27, 2020
LordSamuel:
the government chose Lagos because it has access to sea btw it was later moved to Abuja after realizing that a capital city of any nation cannot be located on the border. Lagos is not anywhere near developed so stop misleading the public. Tomorrow someone will tell me that Abuja is already developed that's why the government chose it.

Lagos is not the only state with sea access. There are sea access in the Eastern region too right.

Why Lagos? What is the history of Lagos? Have you seen the picture of Lagos before crude oil? Have you seen how built you and prosperous Lagos was before the crude oil?

Abuja since 1991 should have at least overtaken other small states in GDP and Industry if truly having FCT is the only metrics for development and industrial power.

As it stand today, Ogun state alone has more Industries than the whole of Abuja and I don’t see Abuja breaking that anytime soon.

Why is Abuja so unproductive besides the oil money? Why is Lagos productive in terms of IT, Economy, industry, GDP, Entertainment, and etc?

You think seaport is the only measure for development? If so than the SS should have been the eldorado of Nigeria will their port and crude oil derivatives.

Below is Apapa port in the 1950s, which oil did Nigeria use to develop the port?

Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by csamii: 1:05am On Aug 27, 2020
trutharena:

Lol. Miyetti calling Yoruba primitive should have been an embarrassment on the world primitive itself.

Can your women inherit properties? Yes or No?

If your answer is No, then you are very Primitive, even more than the Miyetti Allah folks that know of nothing else than drink cow urines.

They called your tribe primitive. Go and argue with them.
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by trutharena: 1:08am On Aug 27, 2020
csamii:

They called your tribe primitive. Go and argue with them.

It’s just like a cow calling a human being primitive and you asking the human being to go to ask the cow why he called him primitive.

Don’t you think it’s only a yabaleft patient that will take on that kind of task?

Lest I forget, you did not reply my question.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by BabaRamota1980: 1:13am On Aug 27, 2020
trutharena:

Lol. Yoruba backward in Nigeria ke? What should we now call Igbo land? Wretched?

Most of your well to do people make it in the West. Infact Igboland is like a deserted area where people keep trooping out from for a better life.

Igboland is a dead zone without worth. You should feel sorry for the Igbo nation when the best of your people had to claim lagosians to lord over their kinsmen in Igbo land

You can only covet Lagos like your ancestor Azikwe did, it doesn’t stop the fact that it is Yoruba land and heritage.

Lest I forget, Ogun state is better than any states in the SE in terms of Industry, Educational institution, IGR, and worth!

Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by Nobody: 1:21am On Aug 27, 2020
trutharena:

Nobel Laurate
Multiple Grammy
Richest man and woman by Forbes
Richest state
Best public university
Best private university

Oya tell me one thing Igbo has and I will tell you a Yoruba version of it!
Noble laureate on paper, you couldn't even spell it correctly, the likes of chinua Achebe, Adichie, and numerous award winning Igbo writers outshone your self proclaimed noble laureate who's work I'm yet to see.

Multiple Grammy, I can skip that because if we checked, the likes of psquare, and other Igbo legendaries may have had it in the past... one thing you must understand about the Igbos is that we're after the money not the fame, I heard phyno saying that they should convert all his award to money and give to him.

Richest state, like I said earlier, count Lagos out of anything you're doing because it's a FRS, because I know you'll tell me Lagos

Richest man and woman, mind you that Forbes calculates for those that gave them access via mere assumptions, trust an Igbo man on that aspect of keeping secrets as regards to their income or how much they have in the Bank unlike the Yorubas who makes a whole lot of noise the moment they starts seeing little change in their pockets Davido once told us he has #30 billion in his bank account but later started confessing that he is a millionaire but dreams of becoming a billionaire all na wash.

Anambra State in particular abolished essessive taxing of her residents and visitors, I think that would as well hampers the igr-gdp

As long as Nigera is concerned, there's no University be it public or private.
Of all our supposed best Universities, we can't even producing a toothpick talk more of operating a machine already built by a fellow University graduate. We can argue about other things but in the area of University, count me out, if you're not ashamed of calling our oversized secondary school a University, dear I am. Even, over the years, the Igbos has Outshone the Yorubas be it in jamb, waec, academic performance both international and here in Nigeria.
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by trutharena: 1:36am On Aug 27, 2020
LordSamuel:

Noble laureate on paper, you couldn't even spell it correctly, the likes of chinua Achebe, Adichie, and numerous award winning Igbo writers outshone your self proclaimed noble laureate who's work I'm yet to see.

Multiple Grammy, I can skip that because if we checked, the likes of psquare, and other Igbo legendaries may have had it in the past... one thing you must understand about the Igbos is that we're after the money not the fame, I heard phyno saying that they should convert all his award to money and give to him.

Richest state, like I said earlier, count Lagos out of anything you're doing because it's a FRS, because I know you'll tell me Lagos

Richest man and woman, mind you that Forbes calculates for those that have them access via mere assumptions, trust an Igbo man on that aspect of keeping secrets as regards to their income or how much they have in the Bank unlike the Yorubas who makes a whole lot of noise the moment they starts seeing little change in their pockets Davido once told us he has #30 billion in his bank account but later started confessing that he is a millionaire but dreams of becoming a billionaire all na wash.

Anambra State in particular abolished essessive taxing of her residents and visitors, I think that would as well hampers the igr-gdp

As long as Nigera is concerned, there's no University be it public or private.
Of all our supposed best Universities, we can't even producing a toothpick talk more of operating a machine already built by a fellow University graduate. We can argue about other things but in the area of University, count me out, if you're not ashamed of calling our oversized secondary school a University, dear I am. Even, over the years, the Igbos has Outshone the Yorubas be it in jamb, save academic performance both international and here in Nigeria.

Thank you very much for accepting defeat. You can’t even deny my assertions and you’re just beating around the bush trying to find justifications for your second fiddle.

How exactly did the Igbos outshine Yorubas in Jamb?

Last I heard, the Yorubas have the highest number of jamb candidates by aggregate so how exactly did you outshine in jamb, please let me know.

International level ke? You’re comparing the Yorubas achievement in terms of international education with those of other tribes? Seems you’re just a comedian.

Lol you’re after the money and the Yorubas and other tribes are not after the money? So Igbo man that is the most lousy chestbeating braggart is who you said won’t let people know he has money? How does Davido an entertainer come into this comparison?

What’s my own if Anambra lessen her tax or IGR, how is that my business. So Nigeria don’t have universities of importance? Then what is the essence of the education?

Which of your states has more industries than Ogun state? Can you mention one? So I shouldn’t add Lagos because it is Igboland or because it is Hausaland? Don’t you guys see how ridiculous you always sound when you try to covet Lagos? It is a Yoruba land, you guys are just laborers here and when it’s time you will be sent packing to your region.

Psquare and Grammy ke, where they wan see am? Lol I can understand how sad you are with the mention of the Nobel laureate. If I were you too I will be very bitter that no Igbo man dead of alive ever won it.

Sorry bro!
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by Nobody: 1:38am On Aug 27, 2020
Trutharena my turn.
Kid comedians,
Kid actresses,
Kid international mathematician,
Female aeronautic engineer,
Biggest market,
Indigineous automobile,
First female governor,
First female professor of law,
First female pilot.
The list is endless but let's start with these ones.
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by Nobody: 1:39am On Aug 27, 2020
trutharena:

Thank you very much for accepting defeat. You can’t even deny my assertions and you’re just beating around the bush trying to find justifications for your second fiddle.

How exactly did the Igbos outshine Yorubas in Jamb?

Last I heard, the Yorubas have the highest number of jamb candidates by aggregate so how exactly did you outshine in jamb, please let me know.

International level ke? You’re comparing the Yorubas achievement in terms of international education with those of other tribes? Seems you’re just a comedian.

Lol you’re after the money and the Yorubas and other tribes are not after the money? So Igbo man that is the most lousy chestbeating braggart is who you said won’t let people know he has money? How does Davido an entertainer come into this comparison?

What’s my own if Anambra lessen her tax or IGR, how is that my business. So Nigeria don’t have universities of importance? Then what is the essence of the education?

Which of your states has more industries than Ogun state? Can you mention one? So I shouldn’t add Lagos because it is Igboland or because it is Hausaland? Don’t you guys see how ridiculous you always sound when you try to covet Lagos? It is a Yoruba land, you guys are just laborers here and when it’s time you will be sent packing to your region.

Psquare and Grammy ke, where they wan see am? Lol I can understand how sad you are with the mention of the Nobel laureate. If I were you too I will be very bitter that no Igbo man dead of alive ever won it.

Sorry bro!
hit me points and not crying like a baby.
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by trutharena: 1:42am On Aug 27, 2020
LordSamuel:
Trutharena my turn.
Kid comedians,
Kid actresses,
Kid international mathematician,
Female aeronautic engineer,
Biggest market,
Indigineous automobile,
First female governor,
First female professor of law,

The list is endless but let's start with these ones.

Lol. Kid comedian bawo? Is that also a title.

Why do you like kids this much? Which one is kid actresses? So you mean Yorubas don’t have kid comedians and actresses.

Aeronautic engineers which Yorubas Dey play with na who this one Dey mention. Lol what about Proforce and the newest kid on the bloc Nord, are they not also indigenous automobiles?

For every first professor of a discipline you have, Yoruba have several tens and we make up the highest number of first professors across discipline. Infact the ratio is too much for the Ibos to catch up with.

What’s the name of these Yoruba ladies that were first combat helicopter pilots. RIP to one of them.

Female Governor? Okay I’ll give you that although that doesn’t make any sense tbh.
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by Nobody: 1:48am On Aug 27, 2020
trutharena:

Lol. Kid comedian bawo? Is that also a title.

Why do you like kids this much? Which one is kid actresses? So you mean Yorubas don’t have kid comedians and actresses.

Aeronautic engineers which Yorubas Dey play with na who this one Dey mention. Lol what about Proforce and the newest kid on the bloc Nord, are they not also indigenous automobiles?

For every first professor of a discipline you have, Yoruba have several tens and we make up the highest number of first professors across discipline. Infact the ratio is too much for the Ibos to catch up with.

What’s the name of these Yoruba ladies that were first combat helicopter pilots. RIP to one of them.

Female Governor? Okay I’ll give you that although that doesn’t make any sense tbh.
thank Thanks very much for accepting defeat you can't even deny my assertions and you're just beating around the bush trying to find justification for your second fiddle.
What about biggest market, oh! You didn't see that.
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by ABOVEDELAW: 4:07am On Aug 27, 2020
WINNING AT THE SUPREME OR WHATEVER COURT IS NOT THE ISSUE , LET THEM COME AND IMPLEMENT IT.
ojuu4u:
Long overdue! I argued it with one guy in March, I told him if any female takes her family to the court that she will win, the guy blindly argued and rejected my opinion vehemently. Saying, nobody can try it in Igbo land. That, its their culture. I told him. Can your culture and custom supersede Nigeria constitution?
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by DedeNkem: 4:16am On Aug 27, 2020
I am a hardcore Igbo man and I approve the judgment. Some traditions should be abolished in this modern time.

But why is the Sharia law acceptable in this secular country? Can a country run two parallel laws? I want those in the Law field to clarify it for me.
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by Princedapace(m): 5:22am On Aug 27, 2020
jornwhite:

i saw her comment to you more like inanities, its no longer women her breadwinner, its now men must provide or men are useless grin. ... she is the definition of mischievous. whoever buys me a tommy hifiger boxer shuld expect a baaleciaga lemon lingerie as well grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by Princedapace(m): 5:23am On Aug 27, 2020
pocohantas:

Prince please go and hustle. Make you no come dey lie say you forget token for house when them ask you for money. Goodnight sweetie. kiss

It is all good
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by ojuu4u(m): 6:42am On Aug 27, 2020
ABOVEDELAW:
WINNING AT THE SUPREME OR WHATEVER COURT IS NOT THE ISSUE , LET THEM COME AND IMPLEMENT IT.

Law enforcement agents are there to implement it. When you are in jail you will let go of someone properties, if ur dad doesn't have properties to share you don't die. You have 2 hands and functional brain . you to can work and own ur own properties.

Greedy set of tribe.
Re: Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos by Godwin2am(m): 6:57am On Aug 27, 2020
After paying exubritant Amount of money for bride price to have a wife.... If I die now she will now inherit my wealth with her family..... The way out is to judge Igbo bride price together with the inheritance permissions. I rest my case

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) / A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs / Meet Aare Boluwatife Akin-Olugbade: Owner Of 10 Rolls-Royces (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.