Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,694 members, 7,820,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi (53482 Views)

Adams Oshiomole Drops Presidential Ambition, Aligns With Tinubu - Thisday / Tinubu’s Missing Asset Declaration And Perils Of Pecuniary Journalism By Kperogi / Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Taraba32: 7:03pm On Aug 26, 2020
[s]
BabaRamota1980:

How so? Has he told you he wants to be President? Babagana Kingibe has never been President of this country but as a private citizen he has more power than even some ex presidents sef. You all confuse power with presidency. Before his death Isa Funtua was calling shots, never been president. Thats power!

Tinubu, a private citizen, receives diplomatic chiefs from around the world. That's power!
[/s]

1 Like

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Hedonisco: 7:04pm On Aug 26, 2020
Angelfrost:

Never say Never!!! Tinubu has every right and chance to lead the nation.
He has every right - just like everyone else that meets the basic requirements - to lead the nation. But chance? Who would vote for him? You people are quite mad. Who exactly apart from some silly Yorubas would vote for this corrupt, druggy eyed thief? If you are determined to present a Yoruba candidate at least put forward the Osibanjo that is already there now....Since the likes of Akin Adesina and other correct people wouldn't have the 'chance' according to you.

The fact that you hired fools prefer to prop up a damaged and unmarketable entity like Tinubu means that you are simply doing the dirty job that you are paid peanuts to do. No neutral, even a Yoruba neutral would ever talk in favour of a Tinubu presidency. It is belittling to the Yoruba race.

3 Likes

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by egoldman(m): 7:09pm On Aug 26, 2020
seunmsg:

Ojukwu fought a bloody and senseless war for about three years after which he ran away to Ivory Coast. He came back to Nigeria some years later and shamelessly contested for a seat in the senate and even the presidency of the country he fought to breakup. Deservedly, he lost both but the point is, he still contested for the president of one Nigeria. So, what’s the big deal in Tinubu’s statement. Is hypocrisy the second nature of you Igbos?

By comparing Tinubu's statement to Ojukwu, you just confirmed that Tinubu actually meant what the headline says.

3 Likes

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by egoldman(m): 7:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
Throwback:

1997 not 2007.

Who ever believed in One Nigeria under the Abacha dictatorship?

Obasanjo did and was nearly killed for it, there were others too.
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by mypains: 7:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
seunmsg:

It is not legible.
lol... this is just testing testing bros... more still dey cooler for you. Go to the newspaper offer and get your "full interview"
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by egoldman(m): 7:18pm On Aug 26, 2020
Racoon:

Why the hypocrisy bro? These politicians are all the same.Was it not his opinion military regime or not? Why jumping @ any opportunity to defend Tinubu wisely or blindly? His betrayal of MKO Abiola by secretly frolicking with Abacha is well known.

Have you forgotten he was shouting "restructuring" in the time past but it does not make sense to him today because he is benefitting from "one Nigeria"? Even VP Osinbajo is just giving excuses why restructuring is no more possible.Once they enter that position of power, then they lock up.

What about his past opinions on the unsuitability of the current disaster Nigeria have as president? Guess, his present inability to tell the truth about the current failure of leadership is because of his perceived 2023 ambition?

Bro stop wasting your time on that zombie.
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Barrister900(m): 7:24pm On Aug 26, 2020
mu2sa2:
OP, please quote the full excerpts of the interview for the reader to know the context in which Tinubu made the alleged statement.
One may also ask: Was he misquoted? Did he refute the report after publication?
May God continue to bless our dear native land of Nigeria and decimate her detractors.
...No need for that...even a child knows it....
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by egoldman(m): 7:26pm On Aug 26, 2020
spiralwedge:
There is nothing surprising there.

This is not as worse as Late Col. Emeka Ojukwu, who also didn't believe in one Nigeria, seceded and was the President of a country for 3 years only to come back after many years to run for senatorial seat, which he lost.

Similar to General M. Buhari (rtd) who said Abacha did not loot, fiercely supported Sharia and stood heavily behind Boko Haram in their initial days, and then suddenly became the President of the country who is saddled to stop the same Boko Haram and gladly receives Abacha's loots.

The truth is that no Nigerian believes in one Nigeria, some are hiding it to look good or just manage what our forefathers handed over to us.

Truth
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Nicepoker(m): 7:35pm On Aug 26, 2020
goodnessme1:
Which still means Zik is more power than both.
That wasn't the case. Because today igbos that pay attention to history understood how he failed them. But since history is no longer in our school curriculum you see lots of youths argue over what they have no idea about
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Startrap: 8:24pm On Aug 26, 2020
Not only the internet, every word from your tongue can kill heal or kill you. I never hear of some pple feeling their body heat. Till date, who killed Funsho and why? Many yet to be answered questions before campaigns...
175:
Wow! INTERNET sef. . .never forgets!

Tinubu is gradually being stripped naked by the masters of the game.
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Evercurious(f): 8:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
seunmsg:
Post the full interview and stop trying to bamboozle us with sensational headline.

You cannot bring a headline from an interview granted during the military era without posting the full details. We need to understand the context in which he made the statement.

Lol.Sensational indeed.. pls read and move on. Nothing to debate there
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Evercurious(f): 8:57pm On Aug 26, 2020
seunmsg:

Yes. I have always advocated that people should read beyond the headline. Even if it was Nnamdi Kanu, I would still like to read the full interview and understand the context. Headlines in Nigeria are largely sensational and misleading.

Really? Tell me something new again. No be you?
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Chukapage(m): 9:26pm On Aug 26, 2020
Lavisha:

President Trump said more damning shit..
but he still became the POTUS.

I may say I don't like Nairaland now, then change next year.

that's why we are humans, we change.

Tinubu Changed, it's no big deal.
Did Donald Trump make any unpatriotic statement about USA ? undecided
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Chukapage(m): 9:32pm On Aug 26, 2020
adelekeolu:
If you like bring out Vedio where is said I am not a Nigerian.

BAT � will replace BUHARI. Deal with it IPOB'S !!
funny enough the person that shared that write up is a Northerner. The people circulating the write up on Twitter were Arewa Twitter handles but your focus and Headache is IPOB grin grin... Ipob is chilling observing Y'all grin

2 Likes

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by giftedminds(m): 9:33pm On Aug 26, 2020
Oh! Most of these issues coming out now are smokes. The actors are far from the burners. May God help our Country and Countrymen
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Chukapage(m): 9:37pm On Aug 26, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

How so? Has he told you he wants to be President? Babagana Kingibe has never been President of this country but as a private citizen he has more power than even some ex presidents sef. You all confuse power with presidency. Before his death Isa Funtua was calling shots, never been president. Thats power!

Tinubu, a private citizen, receives diplomatic chiefs from around the world. That's power!
Afonja has just started shifting goal posts cheesy cheesy Shey Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin are Pro Tinubu forces Lmao grin.. The sweet part is it's Arewa boys Circulating it on Twitter so you can't scream IPOB grin
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by mypains: 9:50pm On Aug 26, 2020
Hedonisco:

He has every right - just like everyone else that meets the basic requirements - to lead the nation. But chance? Who would vote for him? You people are quite mad. Who exactly apart from some silly Yorubas would vote for this corrupt, druggy eyed thief? If you are determined to present a Yoruba candidate at least put forward the Osibanjo that is already there now....Since the likes of Akin Adesina and other correct people wouldn't have the 'chance' according to you.

The fact that you hired fools prefer to prop up a damaged and unmarketable entity like Tinubu means that you are simply doing the dirty job that you are paid peanuts to do. No neutral, even a Yoruba neutral would ever talk in favour of a Tinubu presidency. It is belittling to the Yoruba race.

From your tone, I presume you are a yoruba person.

Tinubu has raised an army of thugs, both online and offline.

I am igbo but if Osinbajo is presented, I will vote for him.
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by BabaRamota1980: 10:21pm On Aug 26, 2020
Chukapage:
Afonja has just started shifting goal posts cheesy cheesy Shey Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin are Pro Tinubu forces Lmao grin.. The sweet part is it's Arewa boys Circulating it on Twitter so you can't scream IPOB grin

I dont care who circulate it where. Im in nairaland, and im in the thread talking about it to any baggar, Hausa or Yanminri.
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by 3Ceagle(m): 10:25pm On Aug 26, 2020
seunmsg:
Post the full interview and stop trying to bamboozle us with sensational headline.

You cannot bring a headline from an interview granted during the military era without posting the full details. We need to understand the context in which he made the statement.

Did some people give the immediate former president the opportunity to understand the context of his full statement that " Stealing is not corruption". But the opposition then over blew it and used it as a campaign statement. We are a society that has been so manipulated by politicians and the cash and carry press to look more on sensational quotes rather than deep analysis of full statement. The internet never forgets.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by wfjimmytobby(m): 11:54pm On Aug 26, 2020
this man na scam
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by earnit3: 11:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
Now his pocket is fat so one nigeria is cool
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Lavisha(f): 7:16am On Aug 27, 2020
Chukapage:
Did Donald Trump make any unpatriotic statement about USA ? undecided

yes he did, he also got100 fold back in bashing.

Yet, he moved on.
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Chukapage(m): 7:47am On Aug 27, 2020
Lavisha:

yes he did, he also got100 fold back in bashing.

Yet, he moved on.
You just lied Ignorantly to buttress your point. Donald Trump has NEVER made unpatriotic statements against the great state of AMERICA ,What you'll say is that he has made RACIST remarks on blacks,Africa,Latino immigrants in the USA. Trump has NEVER made unpatriotic statements on USA ...prove it by providing a link to the said statement.
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Difrent: 7:58am On Aug 27, 2020
175:
Wow! INTERNET sef. . .never forgets!

Tinubu is gradually being stripped naked by the [b]masters of the gam[/b]e.
which masters? hope its not the same masters that packaged the Buhari you are now complaining about......
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by abui2000: 8:26am On Aug 27, 2020
NIGERIAN FAKE NEWSPAPERS HEADLINES AND FAKE JOURNALISTS!

You see why I don't buy our newspapers!!
Headline: I don't believe in One Nigeria
The Body of the Story:
"Now IF the government has ethnicized the struggle against oppression, then I would be a cowardly individual and a bastard as well not to have accepted my race for my race, I don't care what the trap the military has set. If an injustice is done to my race, then charity should begin at home, it is not a crime being tribal"
"Before the country was amalgamated, I was first of all a Yoruba man,. What we are fighting for is a NATIONAL issue. We are fighting for a genuine national election for the Presidency of Nigeria, my own right as an elected Senator. If you look at the trend of things in the country, you begin to ask why do we have to be the sacrificial lamb all the time"
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by euniselfyahoo: 8:45am On Aug 27, 2020
grin
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by LadyExcellency: 8:54am On Aug 27, 2020
abui2000:
NIGERIAN FAKE NEWSPAPERS HEADLINES AND FAKE JOURNALISTS!

You see why I don't buy our newspapers!!
Headline: I don't believe in One Nigeria
The Body of the Story:
"Now IF the government has ethnicized the struggle against oppression, then I would be a cowardly individual and a bastard as well not to have accepted my race for my race, I don't care what the trap the military has set. If an injustice is done to my race, then charity should begin at home, it is not a crime being tribal"
"Before the country was amalgamated, I was first of all a Yoruba man,. What we are fighting for is a NATIONAL issue. We are fighting for a genuine national election for the Presidency of Nigeria, my own right as an elected Senator. If you look at the trend of things in the country, you begin to ask why do we have to be the sacrificial lamb all the time"

How can you buy a newspaper that was published before your birth?

You think we had internet in 1997. It was just NTA and some State TV and radio stations.
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Lavisha(f): 8:56am On Aug 27, 2020
Chukapage:
You just lied Ignorantly to buttress your point. Donald Trump has NEVER made unpatriotic statements against the great state of AMERICA ,What you'll say is that he has made RACIST remarks on blacks,Africa,Latino immigrants in the USA. Trump has NEVER made unpatriotic statements on USA ...prove it by providing a link to the said statement.

You see yourself?!
What or who is USA?!

The people are, you insult the people; you insult the country.

When Buhari painted the youth lazy, wtf do you think happened?!
isn't that unpatriotic?!

I'm sure you've not seen the "grab em by the pussy"
slur by Trump.
Mind you, I'm an ardent Trump fan: I'm only saying this to let you know that: just because someone missed his way doesn't mean he's lost.
We CHANGE.
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Chukapage(m): 9:01am On Aug 27, 2020
Lavisha:

You see yourself?!
What or who is USA?!

The people are, you insult the people; you insult the country.
Taaaaa! USA is an entity of its own get that to your head! I can come out and Say I hate Yorubas, does it mean I hate NIGERIA?? Drop that wokeism nonsense. I can say I dislike China does it mean I dislike Asia since China and her people is part of Asia?? Donald Trump made racist statements on Black Americans ,does it mean he is unpatriotic to America heck! Even the Black Americans are not even REAL Americans.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Updates: APC Presidential Primaries 'Ballot-Box Counting' Thread. / Female Nigerian Soldiers Dance To Kizz Daniel "Madu" To Celebrate The New Month / CCTV Footage Shows Military Started Fire At Lekki Toll Gate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.