Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? (71876 Views)

Twitter Slay Queen Who Cheated On Boyfriend With Twitter Slay King Trends Online / I Served My Boyfriend With Jollof Mixed With My Shit – Ex-girlfriend Discloses / Lady Catches Boyfriend With Another Girl At Dominos After He Lied About Headache (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 26, 2020
I'm really confused about my boyfriend if hes worthy of getting married to.
We are in a long distant relationship, we hardly see, sometimes thrice in a year, but I believe the reason we are still together is because its a distant relationship, as each time I go to Enugu to greet him and stay for 2weeks, my love for him is always reduced.
So much this time around, we haven't seen for a year, and I had something important to do in Enugu, so I decided to stay in his place and use the opportunity to greet him. The first 4days, we were totally fine with each other, as I was busy with doing the stuff I came to do. Meanwhile, I didn't spend his money, as I came with my money and give him money to buy me food, so for the first 3days he was the one buying the cooked foods we ate, but I would give him 1k. Naturally, I don't eat outside, nor do I eat junks, but because he said he doesn't have money, I just pitied him and did not mention the fact that he should get foodstuffs, I don't want him to start feeling bad that he has no money plus I was even busy, remember I came for a purpose. And I don't use it as attitudes for him, I'm a very happy enduring lady.

Now after the fourth day that I finished the program I originally came for, I lost my money, about 150,000, truth is when I'm sad, im usually harsher, and would not talk much, would become exessively quiet, because if I talk, I may start to cry, this is when problem started between us, he acted unconcerned about my predicament, I just ignored him, trying to see how I can get back my money. And the truth is, if I get the money, I will surely give him part of the money, there's no time I will make money and not give him. So for like two days, I was in depression due to my money, I didnt sweep, I was just sighning, and not cheerful to him, the next day afterwards, was when he bursted, and started talking
1. He said I'm useless to him
2. He compared me with other people's girlfriend, how they take care of their boyfriend, how they cook for them, cook extremely homey food for them.
3. He said his friends couldn't visit him because I'm in his house, and thus hes missing because the fact that I'm in his house I'm useless, not doing anything for him, and yet his friends couldn't come.
4. He said his cousins girl did this and that.
5. He said I'm talking of marriage, he said what is he marrying, he said when I'm not even showing any readiness bla bla bla
6. He said I should look at his house, does it look like a girl is there, he said his friend told him that since I'm around now, his cheeks would become bigger, and in his mind, he knew he would only grow thinner.
7. He said I should leave his house first thing tomorrow morning, since I'm not useful.
8. He said at this point, hes confused, if i want to break up, I should just let him know, because what is the point of our stay together
He said just too many hurtful things and those are the ones I could remember.
I was able to record some of those things, so I can relisten to them later. But he collected my phone and deleted all I recorded.

All through, I was just quiet and smiling because I don't even know where to start replying him and he was very serious, his face was in a fight mood, I don't wanna talk because I really don't like problems or fight. Then later, he said I must say something, he seized my phone, and almost made me loose a deal.

I just kept quiet, later when I started talking, he denied having said USELESS, something he mentioned more than twice and apologized swiftly.

All his accusations were wrong because the reason I didn't cook is because he has no single food at home and hes the one always complaining he has no money, so I just taught that, I wouldn't make my stay to disrupt his life, he knew I hate eating outside, and the fact that we buy food is something I am enduring, because the foods makes me nauseated each time I eat them. He knows how much i cook for him when he comes visiting me, I will cook several things, what I can't even eat myself due to financial problems, I am the one always fighting him to cook that Junks are unhealthy. But just because I was pitying him, I didn't bring up the idea of cooking, he accused me of being useless, he said I'm the one to bring up the idea as a girlfriend, bla bla bla.

Later that day, I brought the idea and he gave me 5k to the market, I cooked and did everything. I didn't buy a single food I could eat (I don't eat pasters), because the money isn't enough, so I just bought foods he likes and made a nice sauce. His friend came visiting, I packed foods for her and did normal. His friend called him to relate how I treated her, this is when my boyfriend started filling extremely happy, and thanking God for meeting me, saying nice things.

Since then, he has been saying stuffs of how much he's been gifted to have me bla bla bla, to me, whatever I have for him has greatly reduced, because I don't know the Essence of the relationship, because to him, its a roleship, where I must do my roles and if I miss, he won't even think why could I have missed it, if its intentionally, was it because I'm sad, the next thing he would be saying is if we should break up or not. Now, this is someone I never compared with anyone, I don't even compare people, I just do normal to him, like I will do to a brother, plan for him, etc, yet he compares me all the time and wants me to live like the other average girls that are using iphones.

I told him yesterday that since he wants a roleship, he would also man up, and for the first time in our 5years relationship, I started behaving like the normal girls, I asked him for money to make my hair, he doesn't have, I asked him for money for cream, he doesn't have and he has been angry because I told him I don't care whether he has money or not, since I must do my roles, he should also do his roles, and for the first time I also compared him and told him what men are doing for their girls.

He has been frowning and sad since I said those words to him, because they are deep, I just served him exactly what he did to me. I'm not happy, I'm doing that to him, I'm even sad I'm telling him all these because this is not me. I'm still going to make him realize how useless he is in my life, absolutely useless, and that is the truth, since he sees our relationship as a role one, then hes useless.

I can't marry him like this, God forbids, someone who can't endure due to the situation of things and understand, and he wants me to understand his own and endure for him, its not just possible for me, and he's good at talking, abusing, bullying, etc. Hes the one that will tell me to snap pictures for him, I will tell him I don't have clothes, he will say ''Go and Buy now'', He will bully me with my hair and compare it with that of other girls. He wasn't broke before the lockdown, but I didn't collect money from him because I want him to achieve and grow with the money, so that by the time we get married, he would be financially very okay.

Please should I marry this kind of Man? I really don't know why I should because it seems his happiness towards me, his affection and romance is dependent on fulfilling ROLES in his head.

183 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 26, 2020
Localchampion:

Update
Thanks to everyone that commented
This morning, my boyfriend was super angry this morning, sent me money in my account, and I continued to tell him everything he told me, I compared him like he compared me. I started telling him about people that are not existing that do that and that for their girlfriend. Even the money he sent me, I told him its not enough, that my non existing friend is so lucky and each time she asks of money, how his boyfriend do give her bla bla bla.
He was so angry,because I didn't stop my bullshit talks, he said I should leave his house and we have broken up, bla bla bla, but after all his anger, he hugged and prostrated ,apologized to me.
We discussed deeply and he said maybe he told me why he was angry and that its due to my introversion with his friends and family, how I don't care to say hello to them bla bla bla.

He told me he would learn to manage his anger and that maybe he has some psychology problems, the fact that he admitted that alone is a great relieve, at least now he knows he has a problem he would need to work on.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by dukeprince50: 7:13am On Aug 26, 2020
every relationship has its problem, there is no guarantee that the one u will marry won't give u problems.
u think happily married couples don't have misunderstandings? my friend work on ur relationship and stop asking questions, u will throw a relationship of 5yrs cos of this minor issue? I even thought he slapped and beat u up.
whenever something like this comes up again, u too should say some hurtful words to him as u seem fit.
No relationship is like what u see on movies, u have to build it. u haven't seen him for a year, there is a high chance the love has reduced, u have to pour more fuel again, stop doing delaytionship

189 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by 1beat(m): 7:14am On Aug 26, 2020
there is tendency that this relationship will not work because this your boyfriend as depending attitude more concerned about what you want to give him not what both of you want to put on the table, distance relationship join with this attitude will not make it work

269 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by othermen: 7:19am On Aug 26, 2020
Have you asked God?

174 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by Mood11: 7:22am On Aug 26, 2020
Dial x606# to borrow airtime or dial x901# to buy from your account

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by dingbang(m): 7:27am On Aug 26, 2020
Can i see your picture please? Update it on your profile, I want to check something first

40 Likes

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by jamalnation(m): 7:31am On Aug 26, 2020
Local champion

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 26, 2020
dingbang:
Can i see your picture please? Update it on your profile, I want to check something first
Why

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 26, 2020
dukeprince50:
every relationship has its problem, there is no guarantee that the one u will marry won't give u problems.
u think happily married couples don't have misunderstandings? my friend work on ur relationship and stop asking questions, u will throw a relationship of 5yrs cos of this minor issue? I even thought he slapped and beat u up.
whenever something like this comes up again, u too should say some hurtful words to him as u seem fit and later that night, have a mind blowing sex with him and see how u guys will get closer again.
No relationship is like what u see on movies, u have to build it. u haven't seen him for a year, there is a high chance the love has reduced, u have to pour more fuel again
I'm the one stopping him from doing that. The reason His yet to lay his hands on me is because I'm the quiet type when I'm very angry.
Also, till now, hes yet to give me money for those things I asked for, that would be a one sided role

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by Kalatium(m): 7:42am On Aug 26, 2020
I can see both of you are not ready especially you.

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 26, 2020
Kalatium:
I can see both of you are not ready especially you.
Ready for what?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by Kalatium(m): 7:46am On Aug 26, 2020
Localchampion:
Ready for what?
With your relationship, if you can’t continue like that no need to marry him.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by thorpido(m): 7:48am On Aug 26, 2020
How old is your boyfriend?He's acting like a kid.You sound like it's a campus relationship.
To be honest with you,he is not the kind of man to marry.........at least not yet.He needs to grow.
What you have as you rightly defined is a 'roleship'.

176 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 26, 2020
Kalatium:

With your relationship, if you can’t continue like that no need to marry him.
Thanks

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 26, 2020
thorpido:
How old is your boyfriend?He's acting like a kid.
29, I'm 25

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by Zeion422(m): 7:51am On Aug 26, 2020
I need 2 clap 4myself for vein d time 2 read ur story to the end. To saga...u should be greatful for noticing his behaviour now,which is correctable at dis stage,u both should try an work it out.mind u no perfect one out der...

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by thorpido(m): 7:54am On Aug 26, 2020
Localchampion:

29, I'm 25
He's not a kid at 29 but is acting like one.You don't have a matured man on your hands now.
You either quit or wait for him to grow.........if he does.

134 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 26, 2020
thorpido:
He's not a kid at 29 but is acting like one.You don't have a matured man on your hands now.
You either quit or wait for him to grow.........if he does.
I know, his happiness is the most annoying to me, when I cooked and all, as if I didn't wanna do it, as if he wasn't the one that was broke, since he gave me the money for the food, he has been complaining he has no money again. He wants his bread and cake same time.
Till now, he hasn't given me the money to make my hair and frowning that I'm asking him money when I know he doesn't, he said he would be more than happy to do them for me bla bla bla.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by dukeprince50: 8:02am On Aug 26, 2020
Localchampion:

29, I'm 25
29? a kid in a grown mans body.
being foolish at 29 is really a bad thing. ur boyfriend is not ready, he is doing DELAYtionship with u
U too how come u stayed in his house for four days and u spent N150k?

44 Likes

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by thorpido(m): 8:04am On Aug 26, 2020
Localchampion:
I know, his happiness is the most annoying to me, when I cooked and all, as if I didn't wanna do it, as if he wasn't the one that was broke, since he gave me the money for the food, he has been complaining he has no money again. He wants his bread and cake same time.
Till now, he hasn't given me the money to make my hair and frowning that I'm asking him money when I know he doesn't, he said he would be more than happy to do them for me bla bla bla.
That you told him you lost money and he didn't even sympathize with you shows he cares just about his own happiness.
Talk to your feet o.

126 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 26, 2020
From what you listed above
-He's behaving like a kid, who can't control his manners when he's depressed.
-This kind of fellow can ruin your happiness even when there's little at home.
-He's not understandable, if he is, he won't be shouting about your non chanlant toward him because your job is taking your time. He should have understand with you thats it's just for a while, but him No! He can't.
-He has so much bad mouth when he's talking, a mouth that cannot be term should be rare to open..
-if he's depressed and frustrated he can't bear it alone but want to use it to spoil some one mood
-he's less emotional, a huge amount like that and he didn't bother, Na! That's bad of him.

My kindi advice is , if you can cope marry him, cause when he's talking his mouth won't allow him remember all the good you have been doing. Best of luck.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 26, 2020
dukeprince50:
29? a kid in a grown mans body.
being foolish at 29 is really a bad thing. ur boyfriend is not ready, he is doing DELAYtionship with u
U too how come u stayed in his house for four days and u spent N150k?
I didn't say I spent, I said I lost my money, like it got missing, not stolen o. So I'm trying to get it back

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by chinchonglee(m): 8:10am On Aug 26, 2020
Jeez!!! If he truly said all those things to you, it simply means he doesn't love you at all.. he is jst enjoying that little financial benefits u offer him.

Wait oo. Doesn't he work or hustle?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 26, 2020
chinchonglee:
Jeez!!! If he truly said all those things to you, it simply means he doesn't love you at all.. he is jst enjoying that little financial benefits u offer him.

Wait oo. Doesn't he work or hustle?
I don't offer him money o, but giving him money is the easiest, not like I'm the one giving him money.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by chinchonglee(m): 8:23am On Aug 26, 2020
Localchampion:

I don't offer him money o, but giving him money is the easiest, not like I'm the one giving him money.
Okay. So u mean he doesn't gain anything financially from you?
Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 26, 2020
chinchonglee:

Okay. So u mean he doesn't gain anything financially from you?
Nope, but we can give each other money
Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 26, 2020
gaius01:
From what you listed above
-He's behaving like a kid, who can't control his manners when he's depressed.
-This kind of fellow can ruin your happiness even when there's little at home.
-He's not understandable, if he is, he won't be shouting about your non chanlant toward him because your job is taking your time. He should have understand with you thats it's just for a while, but him No! He can't.
-He has so much bad mouth when he's talking, a mouth that cannot be term should be rare to open..
-if he's depressed and frustrated he can't bear it alone but want to use it to spoil some one mood
-he's less emotional, a huge amount like that and he didn't bother, Na! That's bad of him.

My kindi advice is , if you can cope marry him, cause when he's talking his mouth won't allow him remember all the good you have been doing. Best of luck.
Exactly, why do people do that when they are angry? Say stuffs

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by Novemberaura(m): 8:32am On Aug 26, 2020
now

you know you can't marry this sort of guy, leave him and try another. at least you're sure now of what you don't like in a man

8 Likes

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by chinchonglee(m): 8:34am On Aug 26, 2020
Localchampion:

Nope, but we can give each other money
Okay!!!
But one fact is that he doesn't truly love you.

16 Likes

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 26, 2020
Novemberaura:
now

you know you can't marry this sort of guy, leave him and try another. at least you're sure now of what you don't like in a man
Okay, thanks
Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by michkosi(m): 8:36am On Aug 26, 2020
Chaiii long distance always has a big toll on relationship.... My dear... Nah ur kind person I dey find shaa let's jus grow together

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Man From Lagos Visits Girlfriend In Warri, Catches Her With Lebanese Sugar Daddy / Why I Disrupted My Wife And Her Boyfriend's Wedding - Jilted Husband / Nigerian Twins Marry Same Bride On The Same Day (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.