Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? (71969 Views)

Twitter Slay Queen Who Cheated On Boyfriend With Twitter Slay King Trends Online / I Served My Boyfriend With Jollof Mixed With My Shit – Ex-girlfriend Discloses / Lady Catches Boyfriend With Another Girl At Dominos After He Lied About Headache (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by favour32(m): 10:31pm On Aug 26, 2020
Long distance relationship na waste of time for Nigeria.
E go end in tears.
Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by TheSociopath(m): 10:31pm On Aug 26, 2020
Don't jump into a marriage when half of what you are seeing already doesn't favour you. I'm looking for a gf by the way
Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by millionboi2: 10:32pm On Aug 26, 2020
thorpido:
How old is your boyfriend?He's acting like a kid.You sound like it's a campus relationship.
To be honest with you,he is not the kind of man to marry.........at least not yet.He needs to grow.
What you have as you rightly defined is a 'roleship'.
hear from both sides b4 u conclude.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 10:32pm On Aug 26, 2020
dukeprince50:
every relationship has its problem, there is no guarantee that the one u will marry won't give u problems.
u think happily married couples don't have misunderstandings? my friend work on ur relationship and stop asking questions, u will throw a relationship of 5yrs cos of this minor issue? I even thought he slapped and beat u up.
whenever something like this comes up again, u too should say some hurtful words to him as u seem fit.
No relationship is like what u see on movies, u have to build it. u haven't seen him for a year, there is a high chance the love has reduced, u have to pour more fuel again, stop doing delaytionship
run
Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by DelTom(m): 10:32pm On Aug 26, 2020
Shoot your shot ���
Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by abbey621(m): 10:32pm On Aug 26, 2020
Your problem na for your head o, I mean this literally, your brain is not functioning properly and neither is the guy's. What is this? Secondary school? Sounds like the guy is not capable of taking care more than himself and also your reasoning is too childish. You actually hold on to every little thing you do for a guy instead of just seeing it as normal relationship things. Your guy no get, so you took care of it and automatically you think you've done him a favor? Girl wait till you marry and see how one minute you can be high and the next you can be struggling. True marriage involves both individuals working together towards a common goal, your money is his money, your problems are his problems as well. If he is shamed, you are also shamed!

What the guy said was harsh and could mean he has hidden tempers that could explode when things goes kaput! Make sure you know him and his family well well before getting more serious, remember this life no get part 2!
Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by millionboi2: 10:33pm On Aug 26, 2020
TheSociopath:
Don't jump into a marriage when half of what you are seeing already doesn't favour you. I'm looking for a gf by the way
I won give out
Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by instinct57vm(m): 10:33pm On Aug 26, 2020
Localchampion:
I'm really confused about my boyfriend if hes worthy of getting married to.
We are in a long distant relationship, we hardly see, sometimes thrice in a year, but I believe the reason we are still together is because its a distant relationship, as each time I go to Enugu to greet him and stay for 2weeks, my love for him is always reduced.
So much this time around, we haven't seen for a year, and I had something important to do in Enugu, so I decided to stay in his place and use the opportunity to greet him. The first 4days, we were totally fine with each other, as I was busy with doing the stuff I came to do. Meanwhile, I didn't spend his money, as I came with my money and give him money to buy me food, so for the first 3days he was the one buying the cooked foods we ate, but I would give him 1k. Naturally, I don't eat outside, nor do I eat junks, but because he said he doesn't have money, I just pitied him and did not mention the fact that he should get foodstuffs, I don't want him to start feeling bad that he has no money plus I was even busy, remember I came for a purpose. And I don't use it as attitudes for him, I'm a very happy enduring lady.

Now after the fourth day that I finished the program I originally came for, I lost my money, about 150,000, truth is when I'm sad, im usually harsher, and would not talk much, would become exessively quiet, because if I talk, I may start to cry, this is when problem started between us, he acted unconcerned about my predicament, I just ignored him, trying to see how I can get back my money. And the truth is, if I get the money, I will surely give him part of the money, there's no time I will make money and not give him. So for like two days, I was in depression due to my money, I didnt sweep, I was just sighning, and not cheerful to him, the next day afterwards, was when he bursted, and started talking
1. He said I'm useless to him
2. He compared me with other people's girlfriend, how they take care of their boyfriend, how they cook for them, cook extremely homey food for them.
3. He said his friends couldn't visit him because I'm in his house, and thus hes missing because the fact that I'm in his house I'm useless, not doing anything for him, and yet his friends couldn't come.
4. He said his cousins girl did this and that.
5. He said I'm talking of marriage, he said what is he marrying, he said when I'm not even showing any readiness bla bla bla
6. He said I should look at his house, does it look like a girl is there, he said his friend told him that since I'm around now, his cheeks would become bigger, and in his mind, he knew he would only grow thinner.
7. He said I should leave his house first thing tomorrow morning, since I'm not useful.
8. He said at this point, hes confused, if i want to break up, I should just let him know, because what is the point of our stay together
He said just too many hurtful things and those are the ones I could remember.
I was able to record some of those things, so I can relisten to them later. But he collected my phone and deleted all I recorded.

All through, I was just quiet and smiling because I don't even know where to start replying him and he was very serious, his face was in a fight mood, I don't wanna talk because I really don't like problems or fight. Then later, he said I must say something, he seized my phone, and almost made me loose a deal.

I just kept quiet, later when I started talking, he denied having said USELESS, something he mentioned more than twice and apologized swiftly.

All his accusations were wrong because the reason I didn't cook is because he has no single food at home and hes the one always complaining he has no money, so I just taught that, I wouldn't make my stay to disrupt his life, he knew I hate eating outside, and the fact that we buy food is something I am enduring, because the foods makes me nauseated each time I eat them. He knows how much i cook for him when he comes visiting me, I will cook several things, what I can't even eat myself due to financial problems, I am the one always fighting him to cook that Junks are unhealthy. But just because I was pitying him, I didn't bring up the idea of cooking, he accused me of being useless, he said I'm the one to bring up the idea as a girlfriend, bla bla bla.

Later that day, I brought the idea and he gave me 5k to the market, I cooked and did everything. I didn't buy a single food I could eat (I don't eat pasters), because the money isn't enough, so I just bought foods he likes and made a nice sauce. His friend came visiting, I packed foods for her and did normal. His friend called him to relate how I treated her, this is when my boyfriend started filling extremely happy, and thanking God for meeting me, saying nice things.

Since then, he has been saying stuffs of how much he's been gifted to have me bla bla bla, to me, whatever I have for him has greatly reduced, because I don't know the Essence of the relationship, because to him, its a roleship, where I must do my roles and if I miss, he won't even think why could I have missed it, if its intentionally, was it because I'm sad, the next thing he would be saying is if we should break up or not. Now, this is someone I never compared with anyone, I don't even compare people, I just do normal to him, like I will do to a brother, plan for him, etc, yet he compares me all the time and wants me to live like the other average girls that are using iphones.

I told him yesterday that since he wants a roleship, he would also man up, and for the first time in our 5years relationship, I started behaving like the normal girls, I asked him for money to make my hair, he doesn't have, I asked him for money for cream, he doesn't have and he has been angry because I told him I don't care whether he has money or not, since I must do my roles, he should also do his roles, and for the first time I also compared him and told him what men are doing for their girls.

He has been frowning and sad since I said those words to him, because they are deep, I just served him exactly what he did to me. I'm not happy, I'm doing that to him, I'm even sad I'm telling him all these because this is not me. I'm still going to make him realize how useless he is in my life, absolutely useless, and that is the truth, since he sees our relationship as a role one, then hes useless.

I can't marry him like this, God forbids, someone who can't endure due to the situation of things and understand, and he wants me to understand his own and endure for him, its not just possible for me, and he's good at talking, abusing, bullying, etc. Hes the one that will tell me to snap pictures for him, I will tell him I don't have clothes, he will say ''Go and Buy now'', He will bully me with my hair and compare it with that of other girls. He wasn't broke before the lockdown, but I didn't collect money from him because I want him to achieve and grow with the money, so that by the time we get married, he would be financially very okay.

Please should I marry this kind of Man? I really don't know why I should because it seems his happiness towards me, his affection and romance is dependent on fulfilling ROLES in his head.

But seriously you could have used the time spent typing all these to cook for real. You could have suggested buying foodstuffs to him. So ure not without fault too.

As for the guy, he’s an entitled idiot. I see a relationship founded on what you as a lady can offer and nothing from him, except ure purposely ignoring his good side, coz women ehn una sabi make men look useless. If you’re right anyways then this is a wrong relationship. Evrybody deserv the same energy they put in a relationship in return
Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by SweetCunt97(f): 10:33pm On Aug 26, 2020
Localchampion:
We are in a long distant relationship, we hardly see, sometimes thrice in a year, but I believe the reason we are still together is because its a distant relationship, as each time I go to Enugu to greet him and stay for 2weeks, my love for him is always reduced.
So much this time around, we haven't seen for a year, and I had something important to do in Enugu, so I decided to stay in his place and use the opportunity to greet him. The first 4days, we were totally fine with each other, as I was busy with doing the stuff I came to do. Meanwhile, I didn't spend his money, as I came with my money and give him money to buy me food, so for the first 3days he was the one buying the cooked foods we ate, but I would give him 1k. Naturally, I don't eat outside, nor do I eat junks, but because he said he doesn't have money, I just pitied him and did not mention the fact that he should get foodstuffs, I don't want him to start feeling bad that he has no money plus I was even busy, remember I came for a purpose. And I don't use it as attitudes for him, I'm a very happy enduring lady.

Now after the fourth day that I finished the program I originally came for, I lost my money, about 150,000, truth is when I'm sad, im usually harsher, and would not talk much, would become exessively quiet, because if I talk, I may start to cry, this is when problem started between us, he acted unconcerned about my predicament, I just ignored him, trying to see how I can get back my money. And the truth is, if I get the money, I will surely give him part of the money, there's no time I will make money and not give him. So for like two days, I was in depression due to my money, I didnt sweep, I was just sighning, and not cheerful to him, the next day afterwards, was when he bursted, and started talking
2. He compared me with other people's girlfriend, how they take care of their boyfriend, how they cook for them, cook extremely homey food for them.
3. He said his friends couldn't visit him because I'm in his house, and thus hes missing because the fact that I'm in his house I'm useless, not doing anything for him, and yet his friends couldn't come.
5. He said I'm talking of marriage, he said what is he marrying, he said when I'm not even showing any readiness bla bla bla
6. He said I should look at his house, does it look like a girl is there, he said his friend told him that since I'm around now, his cheeks would become bigger, and in his mind, he knew he would only grow thinner.
7. He said I should leave his house first thing tomorrow morning, since I'm not useful.
8. He said at this point, hes confused, if i want to break up, I should just let him know, because what is the point of our stay together
I was able to record some of those things, so I can relisten to them later. But he collected my phone and deleted all I recorded.

All through, I was just quiet and smiling because I don't even know where to start replying him and he was very serious, his face was in a fight mood, I don't wanna talk because I really don't like problems or fight. Then later, he said I must say something, he seized my phone, and almost made me loose a deal.

I just kept quiet, later when I started talking, he denied having said USELESS, something he mentioned more than twice and apologized swiftly.

All his accusations were wrong because the reason I didn't cook is because he has no single food at home and hes the one always complaining he has no money, so I just taught that, I wouldn't make my stay to disrupt his life, he knew I hate eating outside, and the fact that we buy food is something I am enduring, because the foods makes me nauseated each time I eat them. He knows how much i cook for him when he comes visiting me, I will cook several things, what I can't even eat myself due to financial problems, I am the one always fighting him to cook that Junks are unhealthy. But just because I was pitying him, I didn't bring up the idea of cooking, he accused me of being useless, he said I'm the one to bring up the idea as a girlfriend, bla bla bla.

Later that day, I brought the idea and he gave me 5k to the market, I cooked and did everything. I didn't buy a single food I could eat (I don't eat pasters), because the money isn't enough, so I just bought foods he likes and made a nice sauce. His friend came visiting, I packed foods for her and did normal. His friend called him to relate how I treated her, this is when my boyfriend started filling extremely happy, and thanking God for meeting me, saying nice things.

Since then, he has been saying stuffs of how much he's been gifted to have me bla bla bla, to me, whatever I have for him has greatly reduced, because I don't know the Essence of the relationship, because to him, its a roleship, where I must do my roles and if I miss, he won't even think why could I have missed it, if its intentionally, was it because I'm sad, the next thing he would be saying is if we should break up or not. Now, this is someone I never compared with anyone, I don't even compare people, I just do normal to him, like I will do to a brother, plan for him, etc, yet he compares me all the time and wants me to live like the other average girls that are using iphones.

I told him yesterday that since he wants a roleship, he would also man up, and for the first time in our 5years relationship, I started behaving like the normal girls, I asked him for money to make my hair, he doesn't have, I asked him for money for cream, he doesn't have and he has been angry because I told him I don't care whether he has money or not, since I must do my roles, he should also do his roles, and for the first time I also compared him and told him what men are doing for their girls.

He has been frowning and sad since I said those words to him, because they are deep, I just served him exactly what he did to me. I'm not happy, I'm doing that to him, I'm even sad I'm telling him all these because this is not me. I'm still going to make him realize how useless he is in my life, absolutely useless, and that is the truth, since he sees our relationship as a role one, then hes useless.

I can't marry him like this, God forbids, someone who can't endure due to the situation of things and understand, and he wants me to understand his own and endure for him, its not just possible for me, and he's good at talking, abusing, bullying, etc. Hes the one that will tell me to snap pictures for him, I will tell him I don't have clothes, he will say ''Go and Buy now'', He will bully me with my hair and compare it with that of other girls. He wasn't broke before the lockdown, but I didn't collect money from him because I want him to achieve and grow with the money, so that by the time we get married, he would be financially very okay.

Please should I marry this kind of Man? I really don't know why I should because it seems his happiness towards me, his affection and romance is dependent on fulfilling ROLES in his head.
Your so-called boyfriend is a biitch and you should be the one fvcking him. I think say guys with that kinda mentality exist only in Abuja o. Omo free the lazy broke nagging man now while there's still hope.

Unfortunately you both are useless to yourselves so kindly do the needful and look for someone else. U not getting any younger with such rubbish relationship.
Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by freshkpomo(m): 10:34pm On Aug 26, 2020
Localchampion

This your story reminds me of someone I know. The truth of this whole thing is just play your cards right and you will not have a single issue with this guy. From the way you portray him, he is the emotional type who cannot hide the way he feels. Most of the words he said only came from his lips not his heart, trust me if you play your cards well you will enjoy your marriage, but be ready for once in a while teasing lol...

2 Likes

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by SweetCunt97(f): 10:35pm On Aug 26, 2020
instinct57vm:

But seriously you could have used the time spent typing all these to cook for real. You could have suggested buying foodstuffs to him. So ure not without fault too.

As for the guy, he’s an entitled idiot. I see a relationship founded on what you as a lady can offer and nothing from him, except ure purposely ignoring his good side, coz women ehn una sabi make men look useless. If you’re right anyways then this is a wrong relationship. Evrybody deserv the same energy they put in a relationship in return
D guy bring money to buy foodstuff? From January to this month an adult complaining of no money! Not like he's married with kids o

2 Likes

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by Oizee(f): 10:35pm On Aug 26, 2020
U just wasted my time reading all this? Pls marry him bcuz he's going to be a wonderful and amazing husband to u.

He will support you physically, emotionally and financially. He will surely know when you are in pain and when you are much more happy. So after 5 yrs of dating he just realized u are good bcuz his friend feel so?
What's even annoying is that u ve'taken ur decision that you know is best and u want us to give you our own opinion again?

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by codesngr(m): 10:36pm On Aug 26, 2020
i dont really get . i sense a bit of lies in ur write-up . which one is i feed him , i buy things , i keep quite , i do this , i do that . painting yourself white then the guy black . this write up is full of lies . u re here trying to play victim.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 26, 2020
Localchampion:

I'm the one stopping him from doing that. The reason His yet to lay his hands on me is because I'm the quiet type when I'm very angry.
Also, till now, hes yet to give me money for those things I asked for, that would be a one sided role
Your boyfriend is a narcissist. Period.
Manipulative, gas lighting you... Etc are all traits of NPD.
Secondly, you need to work on your attitude. Giving a cold-shoulder is also a form of emotional abuse.
In all, both of you aren't ready for marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by DedeNkem: 10:37pm On Aug 26, 2020
Localchampion:

The idiot can't be your boyfriend! He's a f*cking jerk! When people show you who they are, believe them. Don't think he'll change if you marry him!

If you want to live long, don't make the huge mistake of marrying that idiot.

It seems you're a smart and ambitious woman, there are many men out there who will appreciate you! Don't be desperate, you can do better than having such an as*shole as boyfriend. You deserve better!

Don't waste your life with such a loser! Dump his as*s now. Good luck! smiley

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by luminouz(m): 10:37pm On Aug 26, 2020
Oh God!!!

Who else got confused with the flow of the story? undecided
Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by SweetCunt97(f): 10:37pm On Aug 26, 2020
dukeprince50:
every relationship has its problem, there is no guarantee that the one u will marry won't give u problems.
u think happily married couples don't have misunderstandings? my friend work on ur relationship and stop asking questions, u will throw a relationship of 5yrs cos of this minor issue? I even thought he slapped and beat u up.
whenever something like this comes up again, u too should say some hurtful words to him as u seem fit.
No relationship is like what u see on movies, u have to build it. u haven't seen him for a year, there is a high chance the love has reduced, u have to pour more fuel again, stop doing delaytionship
Minor issue? Issue that will escalate once married? Abeg o. I never see any man that will look me to d face to call me useless sha. Choi!

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by Mvena(f): 10:37pm On Aug 26, 2020
Una just dey catch cruise
Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by Revelation4(m): 10:38pm On Aug 26, 2020
Leave him. I pray had I known won't be your portion after marriage o

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by SweetCunt97(f): 10:38pm On Aug 26, 2020
TheSociopath:
Look well. You done check under your bed?
Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by cedricksly: 10:38pm On Aug 26, 2020
Localchampion:

truth be told judging by what u have said, that guy isn't a nice person.... And u just forgot to add he is MANIPULATIVE, people that behave like him are always manipulative.... Comparing u with other girls is childish and u can never be good enough for him even after marriage no matter how u try to please him... Better run from that guy if u love ur future....... And u on the other hand, retaliation isn't always the way....

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by GindoX(m): 10:38pm On Aug 26, 2020
Seriously, some guys doesn't know the value of their girl until they loss her...

What I think is happening is that, your stay is not allowing his female friends to come around and he is not happy with that.

At least make una dey visit una self once or twice a month.

My dear , God will reset his brain if he is for you... But no wait for the resetting ooo... Take steps towards knowing if he is for you. GOOD LUCK DEAR.. SEE WIFE MATERIAL. GOD REMEMBER ME BIKO

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by akinwale701(m): 10:39pm On Aug 26, 2020
Localchampion:

You're supposed to be flogged for being stupid if you still remain with this girl till next week. Break up with that stewpeed dependent motherfuckin' nigga. He's a shame to the nigga kingdom. Real niggas don't depend on their girls... This one is a simp!
Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by toluleke(m): 10:39pm On Aug 26, 2020
Train dey come you still wait say e go match brake. A guy wey fit insult you when you never marry if you marry nko na beating

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by millionboi2: 10:40pm On Aug 26, 2020
here:
How can you date a man for 5yrs? And saying al these things to each other and all it’s unimaginable
Really I think you both are wasting each other’s time.
My advice, be like a man when entering a relationship, know what you want and always insist on it while playing your part in the relationship. Discuss everything and decide what to do at each instant on how you both can handle it. Just saying I like you and sleeping together isn’t a relationship. Seriously after 5yrs you both are still at this stage then I blame you both. Sit down and talk and if there is no future you both end it peacefully and pls do this talk in the morning so if it ends you part and you leave. At this stage even a new born would have almost entered primary and that’s where you both are still arguing over cooking and sweeping and one party even abusing the other that she is talking marriage. My dear don’t waste your life that’s all I have to say
Relationship is easier to start than to end
Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 26, 2020
You want me to read all this when you're not Stephen King or Dan Brown?? I will not read anything here, come and beat me!!
Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by thymm: 10:43pm On Aug 26, 2020
This is the kind of man that will be blaming the wife as the reason behind his poverty. He will eventually plan to use you for rituals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by streetsoldier1(m): 10:46pm On Aug 26, 2020
Localchampion:

What other saving grace can you ask God for when all these redflags are so glaring. If you don't want to endure marriage, pls steer clear and be at ease.
Re: Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? by pocohantas(f): 10:46pm On Aug 26, 2020
Saintmary:

You are being manipulated. You will fund this marriage, and when you have become old at 35, he will find a younger, richer, beautiful girl to leech on. Take a break, then walk away.

They don’t learn. They will still use her as case study on how women age faster. While the guy will be on NL, claiming to fund 80% recurring expenses. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Lady Dumped By Her Boyfriend After Sex & Eating Her Mum’s Chicken / Stealing Sperm Is The New Thing For Single Girls? / Curvy Dwarf Bares Cleavage, Dances & Twerks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 210
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.