Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,331 members, 7,819,137 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? - Events (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? (55792 Views)

The Pool Party That Got Many People Wasted(wet Wild 'n' Wasted By Dj Val) / Big Boys Slap Their Friend With Money, Wake Him Up With Money On His Birthday / Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by showafrica(m): 12:09am On Aug 27, 2020
DEXTROVERT:
My wife's wedding gown
Rented It at 17k
she wore it for 2hrs
And that's all
imagine that.

I thank
God
it was during corona
so the total money spent for the wedding was 37k..
We later got 2.5plots with the money we should have wasted
Was done in a congregation of 15
Her family cooked for them
We snapped with the Wedding gown
got the soft copies on my flash
Used my one of my suits
Although some people still quarelled that we didn't invite them..i tell them say na "Coro things"

You are very lucky bro...
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by paul100(m): 12:19am On Aug 27, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Before we even enter Hall, I gave instructions that, nobody should wait for the bride and groom....... wink

The moment you sat down, your Agenda 7 started........... grin
Oga boss,i hail ooo.
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by dave4rella(m): 12:20am On Aug 27, 2020
shocked
Following, don't want to spend more than 300k on my wedding.
Then get a car for my wife and make my house comfortable for the knacks!

I can't trade our comfort after wedding for anything!

2 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Lexusgs430: 12:28am On Aug 27, 2020
paul100:

Oga boss,i hail ooo.

Why invite guests and starve them.......... grin

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by missiret(f): 12:36am On Aug 27, 2020
afonjabreed:
See as People dey lie
as in ehn��
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Ghallant01(m): 2:09am On Aug 27, 2020
Liposure:
virgins are scarce
Then save your money
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by AmuDimpka: 3:02am On Aug 27, 2020
Smile4mee01:
This thread will put Many event planners business @ risk.
Corona has made obvious what really matters.

Guys, focus on the basics. Pay her bride price and receive blessings from both parents. Notify the registry and get your certificate and move on with your life. Go to your pastors office for blessing if need be.

Dont let anyone bamboozle you into spending over and beyond. I remember tiwari savage wedding that year even toke makinwa.... no be by extravagant the wedding be oo.

exactly what I did years ago...drove in did the registry and left ..with my man...then do the trad

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by afilaka(f): 6:04am On Aug 27, 2020
Didnt waste money on anything. As far as everything served their own purpose and we didnt borrow a kobo for the wedding, infact my parent bought land from the cash gift people gave dem and myself and husband bought some of our stuffs from the cash gift too. All my kitchen appliances ar al gift, Right now sef, i have a whole room cupboard filled wit lots of gift, i got 3 big microwave, washing machine and a whole lot that i dont stil knw aw to deal wit it.

My dearest, Enjoy ur day, Big or small wedding, the only attention that day wz my hubby for me. I cant settle for a small wedding cos of the kind of people my parents are, so many ve bin waiting to celebrate with dem cos they celebrate people too alot. We stil have our dress of almost 300k intact, got people that wanted to buy but i said no, i love to keep memories. Also work and biz is doin just fine for myself n hubby. I cant count how many people ve come to snap 1 or 2 things from my wedding album.

Regrets? Not 1.
Advice? Plz be happy on that day and stop any regret after.

4 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by ringi82(m): 7:00am On Aug 27, 2020
Heavenschild:
Renting a hall when I could have just used my parlour.
Guy are you for real grin grin
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Drizzy5001(m): 8:10am On Aug 27, 2020
See as People just dey lie anyhow for here. Even people wey Neva marry o
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by EmzyT: 8:18am On Aug 27, 2020
Nanorest:
Buying cars worth 800million just to showcase my wealth. I am still regretting it till date

See young man, you think we're here for Children play? sad If you no get anything reasonable to say, better leave this thread now angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Ishilove: 8:53am On Aug 27, 2020
CoCoLav:
The effing white wedding.

I should have only done the traditional marriage and gone to court after. We could have bought a house with the money we spent on that white wedding.
White weddings aren't even scriptural to start with.

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by RayRay06677(m): 9:21am On Aug 27, 2020
Cake, decorations, court process, camera man(both still and video), my wife's wedding gown, and other stuffs too numerous to mention here. The only thing I wouldn't regret about is the drinks, drinks and drinks. It was sufficient, used drink meant for TM to continue till church wedding, a span of 3 days, Thursday through Saturday.

Please why do we have to cut cake during weddings Looking for answers immediately after my wedding, I don't eat cakes.
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Saintinoo(m): 9:56am On Aug 27, 2020
Built2last:
Married folks,
What was that thing you later realised you wasted your money on during your wedding ceremony?

For me was Wedding IV. Spent money printing quality IV. I should have just used WhatsApp, Facebook and SMS and people would still have come. My mums friends and associates was enough crowd.

I travelled with my woman to UK to shop for wedding gown, shoe and wrist watch. Spent £2,200 on gown. £800 wristwatch I cant remember the price of the shoe now. That's for madam alone.

Madam now forced me to buy wedding suits for me and my best man.

Looking back, I would have built a bungalow with this stupid expense. Even my madam now regrets spending such money on wedding gown that she wore for 2 hours and that was it. The gown is wasting somewhere now.

I know I wasted money unnecessary. My only joy is the good wife I married.

Share the mistakes you made in expense planning wedding
Don't tell me you wasted that amount of money and you still don't have a house of your own.
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Sike(m): 10:23am On Aug 27, 2020
RapistOnBail:
I wasted money in hiring some bouncers who we later had an orgy together undecided
hahahaha
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by PAQ(m): 10:24am On Aug 27, 2020
Booze! I bought so much booze to do two weddings.
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Crystademus: 11:05am On Aug 27, 2020
Touring the whole fct Abuja in a open roof Lamborghini, distributing IVs and making announcements on speakers. Also making adverts on Bisi olatilo show on AIT, Events on NTA and Weddings on LTV. Giving cars as gifts to invitees. The list is endless! Should I continue?
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by baratech: 11:50am On Aug 27, 2020
Rosarie:
The number of card we printed.500.
The food we cooked,buying cow ,chicken and turkey.
Three bags of rice.
Bachelor's Eve with was not important.
The traditional musician who never played.
We doing trad and white on different days.
So many unecessary expenses.
My hubby learnt the hard way cos all I said then fell on deaf ears.
His relatives kept encouraging him to plan a big wedding.after wedding it was very tough .thank God for God.
Now he does not joke with my opinion.
He is even the one advicing people to do a very small wedding and plan with the rest after marriage.

Very interesting...

Please how does one do trad and white wedding on the same day?

How does it work? How does it save cost...

Please I want to learn... Thanks
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by wellingtongrey(m): 11:54am On Aug 27, 2020
Stallion93:
Yea But Life goes on, by the way na her Nyash dey Pay back now with steady Knacking from my hyperactive Brown 8.3inches center leg

See this man shocked! She is enjoying it gidi gan and thanking God ,it's hyperactive tongue. Why she never pack her load run comot for your house? So, no payback grin
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by wellingtongrey(m): 11:59am On Aug 27, 2020
Saintinoo:

Don't tell me you wasted that amount of money and you still don't have a house of your own.

He never said he doesn't have a house of his own.

Instead of wasting such a huge sum of money on wedding preparation..such money could build him a bungalow, back then.
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by QuinieR(f): 12:16pm On Aug 27, 2020
Nanorest:
Buying cars worth 800million just to showcase my wealth. I am still regretting it till date

This lie is too big nah
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Amorprincesa24: 12:28pm On Aug 27, 2020
I regretted a big wedding. I would have just told hubby to pay bride price then do signing of marriage register. All that expenses for reception for white wedding was totally unnecessary and avoidable. E no make sense to me right now. But before wedding it made sense. Now i see, it was just a waste of resources. Experience makes you learn.

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Mizfabulous18(f): 1:54pm On Aug 27, 2020
DEXTROVERT:
My wife's wedding gown
Rented It at 17k
she wore it for 2hrs
And that's all
imagine that.

I thank
God
it was during corona
so the total money spent for the wedding was 37k..
We later got 2.5plots with the money we should have wasted
Was done in a congregation of 15
Her family cooked for them
We snapped with the Wedding gown
got the soft copies on my flash
Used my one of my suits
Although some people still quarelled that we didn't invite them..i tell them say na "Coro things"
Ur lying so after renting a gown of 17k u spent just 20k extra ...dat nt possible please give us a breakdown of the stuff u did with just 20k .....
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by DEXTROVERT: 2:29pm On Aug 27, 2020
Mizfabulous18:

Ur lying so after renting a gown of 17k u spent just 20k extra ...dat nt possible please give us a breakdown of the stuff u did with just 20k .....

Gave Officiating minister 5k
Fuel to and fro, drove me and my wife interstate 7k
studio Wedding picx 3k
others miscellaneous

No Hall renting, no wines,no MC, no canopy was done in church yard with church chairs,
her sister did make up.
didn't buy new shoe, used one of mine ,
what again
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by missyojo(f): 3:37pm On Aug 27, 2020
baratech:

Very interesting...

Please how does one do trad and white wedding on the same day?

How does it work? How does it save cost...

Please I want to learn... Thanks

You do the traditional marriage early in the morning like say 7am and fix the white for 10am.
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Tonyspecial(m): 3:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
OscarJaden:
off your mic Poco..u have said all
grin
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by misskungfup: 3:56pm On Aug 27, 2020
Interesting thread ;I sell wedding shoes and purses ooo you can wear them after the wedding .contact us on WhatsApp:09054780645
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by romenna: 4:13pm On Aug 27, 2020
Mine has to be video n foto coverage.
Wifee wasted all d money her bro gave us on dat shit.
Had to let go after serious warning.
Won't allow such foolishness ever again.
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Tonyspecial(m): 4:34pm On Aug 27, 2020
Mizfabulous18:

grin Hanty! Leave Him Be, Everyone Is Free To Blow Lies, It's Alowed
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Tonyspecial(m): 4:37pm On Aug 27, 2020
misskungfup:
Interesting thread ;I sell wedding shoes and purses ooo you can wear them after the wedding .contact us on WhatsApp:09054780645
Do U Rent Too?
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Stallion93(m): 4:46pm On Aug 27, 2020
wellingtongrey:

See this man shocked! She is enjoying it gidi gan and thanking God ,it's hyperactive tongue. Why she never pack her load run comot for your house? So, no payback grin
grin

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by baratech: 5:37pm On Aug 27, 2020
missyojo:

You do the traditional marriage early in the morning like say 7am and fix the white for 10am.

Wow.... Interesting... Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Retired Naval Officer Buried In A Ship-Like Casket In Cross River (Photos) / Best Man Dozing Off At A Wedding Ceremony In Church (Photo) / Bride Chases Groom Who Cancelled Wedding Minutes Before Saying I Do - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.