Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? (55751 Views)

The Pool Party That Got Many People Wasted(wet Wild 'n' Wasted By Dj Val) / Big Boys Slap Their Friend With Money, Wake Him Up With Money On His Birthday / Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by DelphiOracle(m): 4:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
izywzy:
Nice thread, as I never marry make I join queue dey observe.
observe well o
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by shadeyinka(m): 4:16pm On Aug 26, 2020
Baybii:
Can't you resell some things? Like the gown. If you feel you wasted so much money. I'm sure a gown of that price would still be good enough to fetch you some money.
How much do you think you can buy a second hand gown?

You'll probably be thinking between #25k-30k while the gown's original price is #180k
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Goalnaldo(m): 4:17pm On Aug 26, 2020
Built2last:
Married folks,
What was that thing you later realised you wasted your money on during your wedding ceremony?

For me was Wedding IV. Spent money printing quality IV. I should have just used WhatsApp, Facebook and SMS and people would still have come. My mums friends and associates was enough crowd.

I travelled with my woman to UK to shop for wedding gown, shoe and wrist watch. Spent £2,200 on gown. £800 wristwatch I cant remember the price of the shoe now. That's for madam alone.

Madam now forced me to buy wedding suits for me and my best man.

Looking back, I would have built a bungalow with this stupid expense. Even my madam now regrets spending such money on wedding gown that she wore for 2 hours and that was it. The gown is wasting somewhere now.

I know I wasted money unnecessary. My only joy is the good wife I married.

Share the mistakes you made in expense planning wedding

Do giveaway for us na
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by MrBONE2(m): 4:17pm On Aug 26, 2020
RapistOnBail:
I wasted money in hiring some bouncers who we later had an orgy together undecided
grin

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Deborah98(f): 4:17pm On Aug 26, 2020
Wow am learning a lot, hope oga dey see am so undecided

3 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Japhtee(m): 4:18pm On Aug 26, 2020
gurujoe:
Bought 700 crates of Hero beer because I didn't want any disappointment

Because each guest got a crate or what?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by hakeemhakeem(m): 4:19pm On Aug 26, 2020
linsa01:
Engagement cloths. Especially the agbada(aso oke/ofi). I have not used it for one after my wedding.

Sew it for your children (cultural days things at schools)

7 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 26, 2020
Rosarie:
The number of card we printed.500.
The food we cooked,buying cow ,chicken and turkey.
Three bags of rice.
Bachelor's Eve with was not important.
The traditional musician who never played.
We doing trad and white on different days.
So many unecessary expenses.
My hubby learnt the hard way cos all I said then fell on deaf ears.
His relatives kept encouraging him to plan a big wedding.after wedding it was very tough .thank God for God.
Now he does not joke with my opinion.
He is even the one advicing people to do a very small wedding and plan with the rest after marriage.

Hmm..

I dont really believe in impressing any one by spending unnecessarily. Life after marriage needs all that money people waste on ceremonies.

16 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Asiseeit: 4:20pm On Aug 26, 2020
The problem nah say, dem no go gree say nah waste until after they've wasted it. OP, I'm sure someone, or even your mind was telling you that "don't do it", you just refused.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by ArcFresky(m): 4:20pm On Aug 26, 2020
DEXTROVERT:
My wife's wedding gown
Rented It at 17k
she wore it for 2hrs
And that's all
imagine that.

I thank
God
it was during corona
so the total money spent for the wedding was 37k..

Lol
You didn't even buy beer
Mine is going to be court, me and my wife will use the money to enjoy ourselves and be uploading pictures for people to enjoy

27 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Sholaco: 4:21pm On Aug 26, 2020
Built2last:

My wife wont agree oooo.

she said her daughter will wear it if her daughter refuses, she will auction it.
Hahahahahaha bro, change is dynamic o, you see, i believe she didn't wear her mother wedding gown when you married her undecided therefore, i don't think her daughter will oblige to have her wedding gown as a choice wedding gown

10 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by NELLY1990: 4:21pm On Aug 26, 2020
Thank God for wisdom both from my husband’s end and my end, nothing was a waste. It was a memorable and a blessed day. Thank God. Counting 2years in marriage now and it’s been God all the way.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by OdogwuAkataka1(m): 4:22pm On Aug 26, 2020
Built2last:
Married folks,
What was that thing you later realised you wasted your money on during your wedding ceremony?

For me was Wedding IV. Spent money printing quality IV. I should have just used WhatsApp, Facebook and SMS and people would still have come. My mums friends and associates was enough crowd.

I travelled with my woman to UK to shop for wedding gown, shoe and wrist watch. Spent £2,200 on gown. £800 wristwatch I cant remember the price of the shoe now. That's for madam alone.

Madam now forced me to buy wedding suits for me and my best man.

Looking back, I would have built a bungalow with this stupid expense. Even my madam now regrets spending such money on wedding gown that she wore for 2 hours and that was it. The gown is wasting somewhere now.

I know I wasted money unnecessary. My only joy is the good wife I married.

Share the mistakes you made in expense planning wedding
Na the Bleep wey me wan go Bleep na im dey my mind

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by stevups(m): 4:22pm On Aug 26, 2020
DEXTROVERT:
My wife's wedding gown
Rented It at 17k
she wore it for 2hrs
And that's all
imagine that.

I thank
God
it was during corona
so the total money spent for the wedding was 37k..
In fact, you tried.

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by ArcFresky(m): 4:23pm On Aug 26, 2020
shadeyinka:

How much do you think you can buy a second hand gown?

You'll probably be thinking between #25k-30k while the gown's original price is #180k

Must u wear second hand thingd in this country.
If you can't afford new, rent naa

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by robosky02(m): 4:24pm On Aug 26, 2020
Corona season wedding is the sure bet

Only couples and both parents

Just a best man and maid

And 2 officiating ministers

Omo nothing to loss �

6 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by nicolasakins: 4:24pm On Aug 26, 2020
Legalcriminal:
You can resell that at good rate.
Sold already
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 26, 2020
No where in the Bible where it was stated that you should cook, bake cake, kill cow, wear suit and wedding gown for marriage to take place. Its something we created to scare low income people from marriage.

That's why many of us between the ages of 23-30 are still single because we don't have the money for a glamorous wedding.
We haven't "hammered" enough to hire 2 baba to sing and Basketmouth to host the wedding.

All this glamour is for prestige and pride nothing else. Especially Ladies with their "pepper dem" competition lifestyle. As if the glamour guarantees a long lasting marriage.

Dr D.K Olukoya, General overseer of Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries said when he married his wife sister Folashade, he didn't cook one grain of rice, no soft drink. People that came for the wedding brought their own food and shared amongst themselves. They didn't even bother to give him from the food.

The most important thing for God to recognise you and your woman as husband and wife is for the man to pay her bride price, both parents of the couples to come together and bless the Union and for an ordained man of God to consummate the union, that's all. Any other thing is for the media.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Mywd: 4:25pm On Aug 26, 2020
afonjabreed:
See as People dey lie
grin grin

Brooo.... U seff see am na cheesy
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by bukatyne(f): 4:25pm On Aug 26, 2020
WandaMaximoff:
Make up. I hated the make up. The lashes were as long as a local broom, I was just flapping my eyes like doll baby. I didn't look like me in the pictures at all. The make up aged me and I've not been able to determine which of my wedding pictures I like.

I have concluded heavy make up and eye lashes aren't for me. Full stop.

cheesy

Hahahahahaha

Or like a bird that wants to fly grin

3 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by bro4u: 4:25pm On Aug 26, 2020
afonjabreed:
See as People dey lie
grin grin let's read and laugh at their lies
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 26, 2020
Baybii:
Can't you resell some things? Like the gown. If you feel you wasted so much money. I'm sure a gown of that price would still be good enough to fetch you some money.

The design would have been outdated by now. The rate at which new designs are coming up everyday, no body will want to use a wedding gown of six months old. Trust me. The change in trend is crazy.

14 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by WandaMaximoff: 4:26pm On Aug 26, 2020
bukatyne:

cheesy

Hahahahahaha

Or like a bird that wants to fly grin

Asswear.

2 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Akanbi123456: 4:27pm On Aug 26, 2020
Dj
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by womenareapes: 4:28pm On Aug 26, 2020
Chrismentor3:

You are damn blessed.
I wish to be rich like you someday
Mr blessings tapper, do you know if he is a ritualist or Yahoo boy? undecided

I remember when hushpuppi was raining! many people was tapping his blessing but not knowing he is a fraudsters.

you foolish men of ignorant! you just limited yourself by spewing this rubbish.

that guy there is not even rich!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by akdjr(m): 4:29pm On Aug 26, 2020
Ring
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by GboyegaD(m): 4:29pm On Aug 26, 2020
Can't say anything really except the cake maybe. Wasn't interested in a reception as such, no guest was given the cake. Just shared the steps to the families and kept the smallest one which I shared to friends upon return to base.

5 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Goalnaldo(m): 4:29pm On Aug 26, 2020
WandaMaximoff:
Make up. I hated the make up. The lashes were as long as a local broom, I was just flapping my eyes like doll baby. I didn't look like me in the pictures at all. The make up aged me and I've not been able to determine which of my wedding pictures I like.

I have concluded heavy make up and eye lashes aren't for me. Full stop.
I'm sure you used the lashes to sweep off your husband's feet during honeymoon wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Greystone: 4:29pm On Aug 26, 2020
JeffreyD1:
Can those that wasted money on relationships in the name of love also share their experiences

grin

I swear.

Na me go dey front for the queue grin

4 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by taiwo92(m): 4:30pm On Aug 26, 2020
Kendumazy:
Nice topic. Upcoming couples will learn alot. Nice one OP.

I stay glue to this as I am also planing to do mine
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by ninocia18(m): 4:30pm On Aug 26, 2020
Baybii:

It will be obsolete by now.
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by SirMichael1: 4:32pm On Aug 26, 2020
DEXTROVERT:
My wife's wedding gown Rented It at 17k she wore it for 2hrs And that's all imagine that.
I thank God it was during corona so the total money spent for the wedding was 37k..
What?!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Retired Naval Officer Buried In A Ship-Like Casket In Cross River (Photos) / Best Man Dozing Off At A Wedding Ceremony In Church (Photo) / Bride Chases Groom Who Cancelled Wedding Minutes Before Saying I Do - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.