Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,819 members, 7,820,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? - Events (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? (55806 Views)

The Pool Party That Got Many People Wasted(wet Wild 'n' Wasted By Dj Val) / Big Boys Slap Their Friend With Money, Wake Him Up With Money On His Birthday / Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Liposure: 9:31pm On Aug 26, 2020
ojun50:

Guy we did rice and pounded yam, for refreshment every body enjoyed them self oh...

Pride price guy I cut am 50.... 50 ( the father understand )
you be ijebu man
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Satoshi9ja: 9:36pm On Aug 26, 2020
So after everything, She is a good woman blah blah blah....Na una don marry all the good women finish. Leave us with subformena....

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by alllivesmatter(m): 9:38pm On Aug 26, 2020
LadySarah:
grin
This one pained me much. My MC.He was already paid in full!
By 11am,we were already at the reception hall.

Dude came drunk claiming he was waiting for us for reception and decided to take some bottles.

It was the chairman that took over and handled everything. Thank God for that man that day.

When he started talking nonsense,we felt like the ground should just swallow us!

Let me not even remember "the church committee of friends from the choir that stole our wines and wedding gifts.Expensive wines he bought to show off. Wines were missing on the tables.Gifts nko?

The caterer later called us at night that they were fighting over who gets what! Lol

My husband regretted so much!

You hired a Marlian as the MC
������������

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Liposure: 9:40pm On Aug 26, 2020
Fejimummy:

lol you sound like my father I really laughed when my father told my in-laws to be that he doesn't want more than 20 persons in his house for my traditional
lol l know u want it more persons. Nothing do you
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by taiwo92(m): 9:44pm On Aug 26, 2020
Ghallant01:
Marriage with a non-virgin lady is a waste of resources..

What of the that was disvirgin by the man
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Baybii: 9:45pm On Aug 26, 2020
shadeyinka:

Cheers then.
And stay blessed

You too.

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Liposure: 9:49pm On Aug 26, 2020
Shassyzi:
This is so funny.
I regretted the money I used for make up. After the wedding when I was washing my face, I saw my money going down the drain (70k).

I nor see small chops n meat wet I pay for.

DJ was changed, because the hall comes with it's own DJ. And they did not tell me they had changed the DJ I had already planned with. The DJ played the worst songs ever and my Dad is a pastor (you can only imagine the look on people's face, I could not explain why the guy did not even have a single Christian song grin). And I could not even dance to his songs.

The cake, hahahahhahaa na another thing the baker bring come. Food nko I nearly cry. They brought the food very late with no plate to serve.

Las Las my traditional wedding n church was great, but the reception was complete zero

When we are advising you now not to spend to much money you wouldn't understand. But your eyes will clear later.

All the best to all uples.
i'm touched by your testimony. HML
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Liposure: 9:51pm On Aug 26, 2020
pocohantas:

The Great Hirer. At least you no hire your manhood join. Na you get that one.
you are mean
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Liposure: 9:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
paul100:
A thousand what!! You know people oooo
the guy do crusade
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by OscarJaden(m): 9:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
pocohantas:

The Great Hirer. At least you no hire your manhood join. Na you get that one.
off your mic Poco..u have said all
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Lexusgs430: 10:00pm On Aug 26, 2020
intruder15:

Which ring dealer can you recommend? And like how much should one budget for a ring like yours

Was bought at Diamond Heaven in United Kingdom...........
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Ygrette(f): 10:01pm On Aug 26, 2020
Stallion93:
Bride price, i paid 800k plus for the kindred 500k that amounted to 1.3mila. E pain me wela but life goes on

Hahahaha igbo people. Yorubas don't tax like this. Some don't even accept bride price.
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by ojun50(m): 10:02pm On Aug 26, 2020
Liposure:
you be ijebu man
No from delta

Guy no be the wedding you go look na after you go dey calculate
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by fidelson(m): 10:05pm On Aug 26, 2020
Since everybody dey drop their own make i drop my own too. Make anybody no quote me oh.

I spent £20k Inviting Bubu, he came late & started talking about kwaruption.
Spent £10k inviting Tacha.
Spent 80 Million inviting Burnaboy who came fighting people.
Spent 60 million to invite Dj Kaywise but the DJ way come nor get laptop or Speaker.
Spent 90 million to cook jollof rice & Coconut rice na area chop am.
Sew Ashoebi for my area children. 54 kids
Buy zobo 30 million mix with ogogoro to form Assorted drink.

2 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Liposure: 10:07pm On Aug 26, 2020
maasoap:

I don't see lies here, people are wasting money on marriages all the time. My doctor friend spent close to 2 million naira on his wedding, yet his guests couldn't say that they actually ate at that wedding.
no be small thing oh
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by ahmedio: 10:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
DEXTROVERT:
My wife's wedding gown
Rented It at 17k
she wore it for 2hrs
And that's all
imagine that.

I thank
God
it was during corona
so the total money spent for the wedding was 37k..
We later got 2.5plots with the money we should have wasted
Was done in a congregation of 15
Her family cooked for them
We snapped with the Wedding gown
got the soft copies on my flash
Used my one of my suits
Although some people still quarelled that we didn't invite them..i tell them say na "Coro things"

You are very smart. My wedding cost me about 100k. Registry then we went to the church for blessing. It was on a Thursday so no crowd. Went back home and entertained some guests till the end of the day. I did traditional with about the same amount. No wedding gown. I have never been a fan of white wedding. Never liked it. Though my wife wanted it at the beginning but had to settle for traditional and registry as the other option was to postpone indefinitely

2 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Liposure: 10:18pm On Aug 26, 2020
Stallion93:
Bride price, i paid 800k plus for the kindred 500k that amounted to 1.3mila. E pain me wela but life goes on
i dey fear
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by CoCoLav(f): 10:18pm On Aug 26, 2020
The effing white wedding.

I should have only done the traditional marriage and gone to court after. We could have bought a house with the money we spent on that white wedding.

2 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Liposure: 10:21pm On Aug 26, 2020
Brachaa:

Lol... This really got me. The Drunk MC grin
maybe she invited klint da drunk brother
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Liposure: 10:28pm On Aug 26, 2020
Goalnaldo:
I'm sure you used the lashes to sweep off your husband's feet during honeymoon wink
maadoo
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by bukolabeauty09(f): 10:30pm On Aug 26, 2020
I wasted money sewing prewedding clothes which the tailor didnt sew when I wanted to take the prewedding pictures and the clothes up till today I didn't collect from the tailor because I was very annoyed that I didn't go back to his shop again because the purpose of the clothe was forfeited......my heart never forgives him, I recently unlocked him on my phone and on all my social media platforms after 2 years of marriage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by ArcFresky(m): 10:32pm On Aug 26, 2020
Ishilove:
You're missing the point. You're renting a gown that other people like have rented, worn and returned. That is second hand.

The point is, its better to rent a gown than buy a second use gown.
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by milann: 10:34pm On Aug 26, 2020
pocohantas:
I have never been a fan of weddings. I even struggle to honour wedding invitations, so I always knew it will totally wear me out.

Stress, wearing tight fitted clothes, greeting so many people that do not like or wish you well! Ewww! I can’t deal with all that inside one hall. I’ll pass out!!!

I am the type to marry quietly today and greet you tomorrow like nothing happened. Shebi it is my husband and marry? grin grin
you of all people
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Archtype(m): 11:13pm On Aug 26, 2020
gordus:
Mine was not a regret cos of the wisdom I apply,my wife and I have been planning the wedding before I travel down to Nigeria,on getting to Nigeria the expenses she brought to me was over 5m, I noticed she wanted to impress her friends and family,is not just right spending money unnecessary so I apply wisdom,I don't want to hurt her feeling by telling her I can't spent that kind of money on wedding,two days later I told her I'm going to the bank to withdraw cash with my foreign card so that we can start preparing,I went back home told her my account has been blocked for using the card in another country so I can't get money and the money in my Nigeria account is around 600k,she was disappointed,she told me she has 300k in her account.ladies and gentlemen,we plan all the wedding expenses on the 900k and I'm happy with my action till date.
lol..this one did his wife yahoo..#Wisdom, don't leave me oo

3 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by SlayerForever: 11:21pm On Aug 26, 2020
gordus:
Mine was not a regret cos of the wisdom I apply,my wife and I have been planning the wedding before I travel down to Nigeria,on getting to Nigeria the expenses she brought to me was over 5m, I noticed she wanted to impress her friends and family,is not just right spending money unnecessary so I apply wisdom,I don't want to hurt her feeling by telling her I can't spent that kind of money on wedding,two days later I told her I'm going to the bank to withdraw cash with my foreign card so that we can start preparing,I went back home told her my account has been blocked for using the card in another country so I can't get money and the money in my Nigeria account is around 600k,she was disappointed,she told me she has 300k in her account.ladies and gentlemen,we plan all the wedding expenses on the 900k and I'm happy with my action till date.

You deserve more than a like for this comment.
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Cindy95(f): 11:32pm On Aug 26, 2020
Almost everything was useful, but we left the bouquet, flowers, few sourvenirs, spray, cake lighter, hand gloves, jewelries, reception slippers and gown, crown, etc, cos I can't mention all..... Intact we practically forgot all those little things that matters inside a box in one of the boot, before we could say jack Robinson, d owner of the said car have traveled back to his state..
But people really didn't take note of all those things... I wonder how my cousin kept our personal stuffs in another person's car thinking it was ours?
Truth is, they didn't matter, we only noticed while watching the video... We were still d happiest couple and we are yet to get our box of wedding items waybilled back to us, though I don't need most of the stuffs again... But the money would have been used for something better..
All that matters is your happiness...

3 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Cindy95(f): 11:34pm On Aug 26, 2020
Almost everything was useful, but we left the bouquet, flowers, few sourvenirs, spray, cake lighter, hand gloves, jewelries, reception slippers and gown, crown, etc, cos I can't mention all..... Intact we practically forgot all those little things that matters inside a box in one of the boot, before we could say jack Robinson, d owner of the said car have traveled back to his state..
But people really didn't take note of all those things... I wonder how my cousin kept our personal stuffs in another person's car thinking it was ours?
Truth is, they didn't matter, we only noticed most stuffs while watching the video... I used my wedding gown for reception... We were still d happiest couple and we are yet to get our box of wedding items waybilled back to us, though I don't need most of the stuffs again... But the money would have been used for something better..
All that matters is your happiness...

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by earnit3: 11:38pm On Aug 26, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by paul100(m): 11:49pm On Aug 26, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Food, drinks, suya, small chops was over surplus........ cheesy

They even took takeaway, took away my fresh decoration flowers etc etc
Wow,that nice.At least,no grumbling here and there because of food.
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Lexusgs430: 11:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
paul100:

Wow,that nice.At least,no grumbling here and there because of food.

Before we even enter Hall, I gave instructions that, nobody should wait for the bride and groom....... wink

The moment you sat down, your Agenda 7 started........... grin
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by showafrica(m): 12:00am On Aug 27, 2020
Rosarie:
The number of card we printed.500.
The food we cooked,buying cow ,chicken and turkey.
Three bags of rice.
Bachelor's Eve with was not important.
The traditional musician who never played.
We doing trad and white on different days.
So many unecessary expenses.
My hubby learnt the hard way cos all I said then fell on deaf ears.
His relatives kept encouraging him to plan a big wedding.after wedding it was very tough .thank God for God.
Now he does not joke with my opinion.
He is even the one advicing people to do a very small wedding and plan with the rest after marriage.

Ah I no no say some women get sense like you sha. The average Nigerian woman wants a big wedding.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Retired Naval Officer Buried In A Ship-Like Casket In Cross River (Photos) / Best Man Dozing Off At A Wedding Ceremony In Church (Photo) / Bride Chases Groom Who Cancelled Wedding Minutes Before Saying I Do - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.