Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? - Events (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? (55774 Views)

The Pool Party That Got Many People Wasted(wet Wild 'n' Wasted By Dj Val) / Big Boys Slap Their Friend With Money, Wake Him Up With Money On His Birthday / Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by AfroKnight: 7:23pm On Aug 26, 2020
Funny thread. Many people spend beyond the budget because of peer pressure. cheesy

That peer pressure sh!t is real pressure. Compelling. It can make you overdo and you’d be justifying your actions. That’s the first thing a prospective groom should tackle before proposing to his babe.

Anyway, that’s for middle class families. If you come from a wealthy home, disregard this. Your money no dey finish.

2 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by DelphiOracle(m): 7:25pm On Aug 26, 2020
RapistOnBail:
I wasted money in hiring some bouncers who we later had an orgy together undecided
o boy
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Ishilove: 7:29pm On Aug 26, 2020
Funny thread.
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by AfroKnight: 7:29pm On Aug 26, 2020
Omoluabi16:
Especially those lashes. It does not add a single drop of beauty to women. I wish they knew.Their eyes get reddened, they keep blinking non-stop. Hair do and facial make-up is okay, but not lashes.

Help me tell these women o. cheesy

They can do all the foundation, eye shadow and lipstick in the world. That’s fine. But you see that extra long eyelashes? That thing makes them look somewhat haggard and it reduces the beauty. Like you said the eyes will be irritated. Looking at that thing irritates me a lot!

Me I appreciate makeup. I appreciate anything art but I just can’t appreciate those wipers they call eyelashes. Nah!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by intruder15(m): 7:31pm On Aug 26, 2020
Lexusgs430:
I did not experience any waste...........

My Tux was hired, gown was hired, friends suits hired, shirts hired, trousers hired, our shoes from the one's we already had etc etc

I planned it meticulously.......... grin

Although we had over a thousand people in attendance (was happy with that expense)...... It was a wedding on a Thursday (the attendance shock us)..... But i was fully prepared for them too...... cheesy

NB : The money saved was spent on very expensive rings (still looks new). Over 20 years later.......

Which ring dealer can you recommend? And like how much should one budget for a ring like yours
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Salem92: 7:42pm On Aug 26, 2020
Heavenschild:
Renting a hall when I could have just used my parlour.

Hahahahaha, u get mind sha...
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Crusader1: 7:42pm On Aug 26, 2020
I had the option of using a hall but nope, I felt the hall won't take my over 500 guests, so I opted for a very big tent and the decoration cost me over 250k, paid for DJ 80k, paid MC in full.

Boom, came the rain immediately after the church joining, I didn't see the decoration, the winds and rains were so massive that all electrical connections were disconnected, DJ didn't play, MC didn't perform, decoration was of no effect, myself and wife just walked round to greet our guests who defied the rain.

Till date, I won't forget the verse of the bible that says vanity upon vanity

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by tot(f): 7:44pm On Aug 26, 2020
Brachaa:

The design would have been outdated by now. The rate at which new designs are coming up everyday, no body will want to use a wedding gown of six months old. Trust me. The change in trend is crazy.

Not everyone is crazy about following trends, as long as a dress looks good, it's not a biggie.

Don't follow trend / society and end in debt.

3 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Fejimummy: 7:45pm On Aug 26, 2020
taiwo92:
I have 1.5m and I plan to marry soon. Have been away from Nigeria for a while now, what n what will u advise me to do and don't.
if you are marrying an isoko girl 700k is more than enough for your introduction, traditional, registry and reception that's if you are not going to use a church...
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 26, 2020
angry
Bros there's is God O
Nanorest:
Buying cars worth 800million just to showcase my wealth. I am still regretting it till date
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by LadySarah: 7:47pm On Aug 26, 2020
Kwinesther:
I wish my fellow ladies knew this or maybe it's because I don't really like it.

I hate that shii. Omg! I detest it with all Fibre of my being.

3ach time my sisters wear it they look like they came back from night vigil. Red puffy eyes, blinking every second and just looking off.
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Ishilove: 7:48pm On Aug 26, 2020
0 as
pocohantas:

Should be banned and punishable by 5yrs imprisonment.

Dodges Ishilove’s shoe. lipsrsealed
You are mistaken. My favourite missile is turn-eba

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 26, 2020
grin
kizwid:

and when you die oneday, God will judge you for this lie and you will have nothing to say, then devil to lead you to hell fire
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by charlsecy(m): 7:48pm On Aug 26, 2020
I should have hired suits instead of wasting money sewing them.
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by kennypedia(m): 7:51pm On Aug 26, 2020
Pr0cter:

Righteousness89 come and claim spending money on wedding is vanity.

I could have said Uganda tales but what's my business. It's been a while bro.
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 26, 2020
tot:

Not everyone is crazy about following trends, as long as a dress looks good, it's not a biggie.

Don't follow trend / society and end in debt.

I'll follow the trend. That doesn't mean it has to be expensive. Of course you don't expect me to wear what my mum wore during her time, do you? Its no longer trendy therefore I ain't wearing it.

Hope you got my drift of "trendy" here.
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by tot(f): 7:58pm On Aug 26, 2020
Brachaa:

I'll follow the trend. That doesn't mean it has to be expensive. Of course you don't expect me to wear what my mum wore during her time, do you? Its no longer trendy therefore I ain't wearing it.

Hope you got my drift of "trendy" here.

It's your life, your choice. No one said you should wear a dress from the1800s, the point was don't follow trends or put yourself in debt simply for trend sake.

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by greenguy: 7:59pm On Aug 26, 2020
The white wedding itself.

We for don enter house and live our lives after our traditional. Trust women, she agreed with this after thought.

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by taiwo92(m): 8:00pm On Aug 26, 2020
pocohantas:
I have never been a fan of weddings. I even struggle to honour wedding invitations, so I always knew it will totally wear me out.

Stress, wearing tight fitted clothes, greeting so many people that do not like or wish you well! Ewww! I can’t deal with all that inside one hall. I’ll pass out!!!

I am the type to marry quietly today and greet you tomorrow like nothing happened. Shebi it is my husband and marry? grin grin

Please help me tell my fiancee ooooo, she practically refuse us having it in europe except I come home, less than 500e u don marry here

2 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 26, 2020
tot:

It's your life, your choice. No one said you should wear a dress from the1800s, the point was don't follow trends or put yourself in debt simply for trend sake.

You still dont get it. Anyways I'm done here.
Shalom. smiley
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by tot(f): 8:03pm On Aug 26, 2020
Brachaa:

You still dont get it. Anyways I'm done here.
Shalom. smiley

Ciao smiley
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by CChine(m): 8:03pm On Aug 26, 2020
NewSoul:
No where in the Bible where it was stated that you should cook, bake cake, kill cow, wear suit and wedding gown for marriage to take place. Its something we created to scare low income people from marriage.

That's why many of us between the ages of 23-30 are still single because we don't have the money for a glamorous wedding.
We haven't "hammered" enough to hire 2 baba to sing and Basketmouth to host the wedding.

All this glamour is for prestige and pride nothing else. Especially Ladies with their "pepper dem" competition lifestyle. As if the glamour guarantees a long lasting marriage.

Dr D.K Olukoya, General overseer of Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries said when he married his wife sister Folashade, he didn't cook one grain of rice, no soft drink. People that came for the wedding brought their own food and shared amongst themselves. They didn't even bother to give him from the food.

The most important thing for God to recognise you and your woman as husband and wife is for the man to pay her bride price, both parents of the couples to come together and bless the Union and for an ordained man of God to consummate the union, that's all. Any other thing is for the media.
This is the first time in 600years on nairaland that someone spoke using both his brain and kidney. Bless up jor.

2 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Preciouschinwe(f): 8:04pm On Aug 26, 2020
Nanorest:
Buying cars worth 800million just to showcase my wealth. I am still regretting it till date

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by bobokunlexzy: 8:05pm On Aug 26, 2020
Money spent on weddings depends on the couple & family preferences.

Some people plan their budgets very well & avoid the unnecessary.....while some are only after show offs only to realise money wasted wasn't worth it cos it affected their finances after the whole thing.

Though on a lighter mode, some people never regretted spending much or so little cos they are of the opinion that it's a "once in a life time celebration"

Some even prefer to lavish & spend so much money on weddings than burials cos they believe the dead don't see or talk neither will they realise you spent a fortune burying them......they will say "money that should have been spent well on the corpse when alive"

One thing that is certain is that those that did their wedding from April 2020 up till now are the luckiest in terms of money spent. To them COVID-19 was a blessing in disguise to save their pocket.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Willy123(m): 8:07pm On Aug 26, 2020
Built2last:
Married folks,
What was that thing you later realised you wasted your money on during your wedding ceremony?

For me was Wedding IV. Spent money printing quality IV. I should have just used WhatsApp, Facebook and SMS and people would still have come. My mums friends and associates was enough crowd.

I travelled with my woman to UK to shop for wedding gown, shoe and wrist watch. Spent £2,200 on gown. £800 wristwatch I cant remember the price of the shoe now. That's for madam alone.

Madam now forced me to buy wedding suits for me and my best man.

Looking back, I would have built a bungalow with this stupid expense. Even my madam now regrets spending such money on wedding gown that she wore for 2 hours and that was it. The gown is wasting somewhere now.

I know I wasted money unnecessary. My only joy is the good wife I married.

Share the mistakes you made in expense planning wedding
Live Band Stand. They sang trash! I really wasted my money. I DJ would have been better
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Cgame: 8:07pm On Aug 26, 2020
Anytime I think of the expense of my wedding, I get pissed .. All those millions could have been put to better use ..
White weddings are overated!!
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by JeffreyD1(m): 8:10pm On Aug 26, 2020
tenderjunkie:

Chaiii. People plenty for this table ooo grin grin

Hahahahha
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by JeffreyD1(m): 8:10pm On Aug 26, 2020
Greystone:

I swear.

Na me go dey front for the queue grin

My own go plenty

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Baybii: 8:12pm On Aug 26, 2020
shadeyinka:

Ok dear.

Don't make the same mistake when you're getting married. Many young people plan for a spectacular wedding rather than a beautiful marriage.

Thanks for the advice. I wasn't even planning on doing that. I'm one of the best miser out there so I know exactly what to do.
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by kazyhm(m): 8:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
ojun50:
Everything was well manage thanks to my God sent wife............ Na money manager I marry

No regrets at all

But my elder brother is regretting after spending above 1m.

Above 1m and he is regretting ?
How much did you spent biko
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by ojun50(m): 8:18pm On Aug 26, 2020
kazyhm:

Above 1m and he is regretting ?
How much did you spent biko
Guy na compound wedding I do with court with less than 70 people
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Ishilove: 8:23pm On Aug 26, 2020
ArcFresky:

Must u wear second hand thingd in this country.
If you can't afford new, rent naa
You're contradicting yourself. Rented gowns are second hand gowns.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Retired Naval Officer Buried In A Ship-Like Casket In Cross River (Photos) / Best Man Dozing Off At A Wedding Ceremony In Church (Photo) / Bride Chases Groom Who Cancelled Wedding Minutes Before Saying I Do - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.