Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,420 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? (11161 Views)

2023: Northerners Need Someone From North, Not Igbo Or Yoruba – Atiku / The House King Jaja Of Opobo Lived In Exile In The 1880's In ST Vincent / See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SLAP44: 10:14pm On Aug 26, 2020
SlayerForever:

Gbam! Your head dey there.

I agree completely grin
Another way of looking at the issue is to juxtapose the territorial vulnerability of cosmopolitan entities in sub Saharan Africa to explain the sudden and unexplained ubiquitousness of regional urbanisation.

The results will surprise you.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by helinues: 10:16pm On Aug 26, 2020
SLAP44:

Have you forgotten that Adaka Boro, a staunch Opobo son was instrumental to Oduduwa creation in 1989 during the era of Saraki senior?

What else did you think made made Kudirat Abiola relocate to the house of IBB?

Just look at yourself again...

Your artiste that is singing nonsense supposed to dey get time listening to your rythm now

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 26, 2020
Igboid:

Lol!

IPOB are so out of touch with reality.
It's funny and entertaining watching them.

You call people (Ijaws, Igala, etc) who are aggressively expanding their territories into Igboland your delusional Biafra brothers.
So blind that they can't even see under their noses. grin cheesy
Lol! Igala dropout historian Ayegba Abdullahi is really gingering his people with his fake publication. As a matter of fact, he called the whole of Anioma, Enugu and Anambra Igala owned. Currently, the dude isn’t giving up. I saw where he called the people of Ebonyi Igala’s.

What made me laugh out my eyes was where some Benin historian are now going as far as label Abriba as Benin heritage. And IPOB are there singing their two wrapper anthem with people eyeing Igbo territories. Who knows the next slogan of the Benin Descendants Forum. I see them visiting Abriba in the future to announce and reclaim the long lost Children of Great Benin.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SLAP44: 10:20pm On Aug 26, 2020
Anyiamaka:
Originally, Igbos own Ijaws that's why Jonathan claimed he' an Igboman

How can you say Igbos own Africa when Igbos come from Israel and are a chosen people of God? Did you consider that there is an existing ethnological concomvience attributable to the emancipation of ihediches from the borders of Opobo and Port Harcourt?

It's in the history books but people just log onto nairn land and chat as if they know it all.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by IDENNAA(m): 10:22pm On Aug 26, 2020
Igboid:
As for the topic.
The most Opobo people I have met are more comfortable in Ijaw skin. So let them be.

Maybe when IPOB stop their clowning and become real Igbo pressure group they are supposed to be, bring on their A game, gain political control of five SE states, show competence in government, develop Igboland more than it currently is, promote Igbo nationalism, maybe then, the likes of Opobos who are actually an amalgam of Igbo and Ijaw, might decide to stop being Ijaw and become Igbos, maybe by then the whole Bini irrational stories in Igboid Delta and Rivers will die naturally.

Aku na Ike n'ebe okwu. Make Igboland prosperous and position Igbo nationality in places of power both politically and economic and watch even non Igbo speaking groups start plotting graphs of how their ancestors were Igbos who lost their Igbo language.
This is not rocket science.
But you tell them(IPOB), and they will not listen

For now, INC And IYC are strong and weLil positioned to defend the rights and privileges of any body that accepts they are Ijaw, regardless of the whether such group speak an Ijoid language or totally divergent language.
Opobo people recognizes this and so rightly align with Ijaw.
Even Ndoki in Rivers are considering aligning with the INC and IYC.

Onye aghogbu ka agbaa.

Odogwu Nnaa N'Ide , ikwulu ifea ofuma.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SLAP44: 10:25pm On Aug 26, 2020
UdechiHD:
Lol! Igala dropout historian Ayegba Abdullahi is really gingering his people with his fake publication. As a matter of fact, he called the whole of Anioma, Enugu and Anambra Igala owned. Currently, the dude isn’t giving up. I saw where he called the people of Ebonyi Igala’s.

What made me laugh out my eyes was where some Benin historian are now going as far as label Abriba as Benin heritage. And IPOB are there singing their two wrapper anthem with people eyeing Igbo territories. Who knows the next slogan of the Benin Descendants Forum. I see them visiting Abriba in the future to announce and reclaim the long lost Children of Great Benin.

The person you call an Igala dropout is doing his his PHD in history at Clattenberg university and he was able to write as his thesis, the etymology of Benin and the old Oyo empire, he mischievously let out the documented history of illorin grin

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 26, 2020
SlayerForever:

The Benin tactics won't stick anymore in Delta. As for those communities in Rivers, to God be the glory. But Opobo has no Benin trace, their situation is still salvageable.
Benin have no interest in Opobo. Check well and you’ll see your fellow Biafrans — Ijaws eyeing that territory.
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SLAP44: 10:26pm On Aug 26, 2020
IDENNAA:

Odogwu Nnaa N'Ide , ikwulu ifea ofuma.

Odogwu bukwa Hero na asusu anyi grin

Hero lager beer. Oh! I miss Hero lager since I left Nigeria.
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by helinues: 10:29pm On Aug 26, 2020
SLAP44:

Have you forgotten that Adaka Boro, a staunch Opobo son was instrumental to Oduduwa creation in 1989 during the era of Saraki senior?

Mynd44
Lalasticlacla
Seun
OAMJ4
Dominique

Kindly assist with this guy that has been derailing almost all threads...

1 Like

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SLAP44: 10:30pm On Aug 26, 2020
UdechiHD:
Benin have no interest in Opobo. Check well and you’ll see your fellow Biafrans — Ijaws eyeing that territory.

Benin is the progenitor of Ikwerre, Lagos, Opobo, Calabar and even Fulanis. Stop sounding like you want to diminish the rich historical background of the old Benin empire which stretched back to 1300bc

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SLAP44: 10:32pm On Aug 26, 2020
helinues:

Kindly assist with this guy that has been derailing almost all threads...

When people have ran out of good point to contribute to a reasonable meeting of high minds, they start calling police on the village meeting.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SlayerForever: 10:33pm On Aug 26, 2020
Having a proper discussion these days with some of us Igbo on nairaland is too difficult. Is it childishness or what? Grown up men a na tu ikpe. I don't get it. It's okay. Let's throw useless banter while the house burns.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by helinues: 10:34pm On Aug 26, 2020
SLAP44:

When people have ran out of good point to contribute to a reasonable meeting of high minds, they start calling police on the village meeting.

Mods are coming to take care of you

1 Like

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by godofuck231: 10:37pm On Aug 26, 2020
how can a man who was sold by his former kinsmen into slavery now being reclaimed as an Igbo man, what so ever a man give away in his lifetime, seizes to be his property.

The Ijaw are also known to practice ritual acculturation
(enculturation), whereby an individual from a different,
unrelated group undergoes rites to become Ijaw. An
example of this is Jaja of Opobo, the Igbo slave who rose
to become a powerful Ibani (Bonny) king in the 19th
century.
the igbos lost him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SlayerForever: 10:41pm On Aug 26, 2020
godofuck231:
how can a man who was sold by his former kinsmen into slavery now being reclaimed as an Igbo man, what so ever a man give away in his lifetime, seizes to be his property.

Fair enough. But they are Igbo acculturated. How's that?
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SLAP44: 10:42pm On Aug 26, 2020
godofuck231:

The history of trans Atlantic slave trade is to blame for the surreptitiously misdignifying contextioulogy in the Niger Delta demagogue. It goes without saying that William Wilberforce should be praised for his intervention in halting the slave trade in Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SLAP44: 10:47pm On Aug 26, 2020
My take on the topic is that both Igbos and Opobos and even Ijaws and Itshekiris and Isokos to a large extent invested in Ikwerre and therefore shares a rich historical concombility that is both beneficial and mutually exclusive in the grand scheme of things.

How else can we approach the issue if not to put both interests side by side and then attempt to dissect the happenings since after the civil war and then adjudicate the propensity of the people of Opobo to develop.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by kollinzgee(m): 10:58pm On Aug 26, 2020
Yorucowards don full this thread as usual Are onokakanfo don give una warning yesterday about an incoming invasion una ignore am because you don't have balls to face fulanis na only una know who be ibo and who no be ibo .who has being grabbing you landsland since 19century no wonders binis hate them like shit.
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Igboid: 11:10pm On Aug 26, 2020
SLAP44:

Adaka boro was from Bayelsa. Opobo is in Rivers state.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SLAP44: 11:14pm On Aug 26, 2020
Igboid:

Adaka boro was from Bayelsa. Opobo is in Rivers state.

How can you forget so easily that Bayelsa was a part of Rivers state before states creation by IBB?
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Bkayyy: 11:20pm On Aug 26, 2020
SLAP44:

How can you forget so easily that Bayelsa was a part of Rivers state before states creation by IBB?
Isaac Adaka Boro was from Kaiama in present day Bayelsa. Read his Autobiography, it is even on Wikipedia

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by okeyglm: 11:20pm On Aug 26, 2020
opobo remain estate of great king jaja. no ijaw can claim over it. in event of new Biafra. opobo shall become sea port belt for igbo. I laugh at the people who calls igbo landlocked

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SlayerForever: 11:22pm On Aug 26, 2020
okeyglm:
opobo remain estate of great king jaja. no ijaw can claim over it. in event of new Biafra. opobo shall become sea port belt for igbo. I laugh at the people who calls igbo landlocked

My brother that's not the reality on ground o. Very far from it.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SLAP44: 11:23pm On Aug 26, 2020
Bkayyy:

Isaac Adaka Boro was from Kaiama in present day Bayelsa. Read his Autobiography, it is even on Wikipedia

I know Isaac Boro, and you cannot convince me that he wasn't a Rivers man first before being carved into the new Bayelsa state. He was a proud son of Kaigama in the old rivers state. Opobo was also in the old rivers state.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SLAP44: 11:26pm On Aug 26, 2020
okeyglm:

But the Great Jaja of Opobo is no longer alive and that's why we are saying that jerrymandering systems cannot determine the actual course of electoral collage in a presidential election. That's why Nnamdi Kanu is very confident of a united Biafra devoid of problems.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Bkayyy: 11:26pm On Aug 26, 2020
okeyglm:
You Igbos are the reason we are gradually approaching the brink of extinction. Your misguided and myopic approach to Igbos history is the reason they now term us Meta-ethnicity. What's up with you guys and Jewish historical misconception? Now every rival ethnic group is now doing "bend down select" on Igbo clans. Don't just blame ijaw on this, the Golden rule of humanity is survival of the fittest, they are just trying to increase their chance of survival by claiming opobo, any reasonable group apart from ipob should have seen this coming. Now we are at identity war, from Benin at the west, igala at the North, now ijaw from the south and even yoruba from far away west is claiming one clan in Anioma Delta state all because IPOB out of myopic reasoning said that Igbos are lost jews and strangers in igboland

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Bkayyy: 11:27pm On Aug 26, 2020
SLAP44:

I know Isaac Boro, and you cannot convince me that he wasn't a Rivers man first before being carved into the new Bayelsa state. He was a proud son of Kaigama in the old rivers state. Opobo was also in the old rivers state.
Opobo is very different from Kaiama

1 Like

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SLAP44: 11:30pm On Aug 26, 2020
Bkayyy:

You Igbos are the reason we are gradually approaching the brink of extinction. Your misguided and myopic approach to Igbos history is the reason they now term us Meta-ethnicity. What's up with you guys and Jewish historical misconception? Now every rival ethnic group is now doing "bend down select" on Igbo clans. Don't just blame ijaw on this, the Golden rule of humanity is survival of the fittest, they are just trying to increase their chance of survival by claiming opobo, any reasonable group apart from ipob should have seen this coming. Now we are at identity war, from Benin at the west, igala at the North, now ijaw from the south and even yoruba from far away west is claiming one clan in Anioma Delta state all because IPOB out of myopic reasoning said that Igbos are lost jews and strangers in igboland

There's this bend down select group of shops in Opobo that Biafrans usually import clothes from during the late 1960s, the Jewish historical permutation you are talking about cannot be substituted with grim propensity to save our local history from the Benin empire.
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SLAP44: 11:33pm On Aug 26, 2020
Bkayyy:

Opobo is very different from Kaiama

We are saying the same thing. Opobo is now part of present day Opobo state with Jaja as the governor. It's a crown colony of the Niger Delta and administered by monarchy.
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Obalatule: 11:34pm On Aug 26, 2020
Anytime I want to laugh I go Ayegba Abdullahis wall on Facebook grin grin, Best fantasy story teller

Dude said igala is in 27 states of Nigeria

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SLAP44: 11:36pm On Aug 26, 2020
I don't know why people can't see that Opobo is a cultural and historical landmark town left there by God. Any attempted attempt by anyone to attempt to attempt to use any forms of attempted attempt to disparage the land will be resisted.
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SLAP44: 11:39pm On Aug 26, 2020
Obalatule:
Anytime I want to laugh I go Ayegba Abdullahis wall on Facebook grin grin, Best fantasy story teller

Dude said igala is in 27 states of Nigeria
Igala is in Ogun state for sure, Abeokuta was originally an Igala settlement before the British invasion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Aba Election: APC Candidate, Mascot Kalu Casts His Vote In Eziama / EndSARS, ReformPoliceNG Now And Beyond - Segun Awosanya (Segalink) / Keyamo Seeking Escape Route In Order To Avoid Tinubu’s Imminent Defeat - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.