Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,646 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? (11165 Views)

2023: Northerners Need Someone From North, Not Igbo Or Yoruba – Atiku / The House King Jaja Of Opobo Lived In Exile In The 1880's In ST Vincent / See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 26, 2020
Obalatule:
Anytime I want to laugh I go Ayegba Abdullahis wall on Facebook grin grin, Best fantasy story teller

Dude said igala is in 27 states of Nigeria
Lol! From a joker, the Ayegba dude is becoming a voice to reckon with in Igala land. He is now seen as an Igala leader, boosting much followers in their thousands, who go to Anioma and other Igbo Facebook pages to spew the trash Ayegba tells them.
Are you aware that this dude has published historical accounts of how Igala owns Igboland. When I mean historical accounts, I don’t mean palmflets. I mean bulky books with fraudulent claims. Until Igbos begin to tell their own expansion stories as the Bini’s, Igala, Ijaws, Yoruba’s etc are doing, Igbo heritage will continue to suffer external aggression.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SLAP44: 11:42pm On Aug 26, 2020
UdechiHD:
Lol! From a joker, the Ayegba dude is becoming a voice to reckon with in Igala land. Are you aware that this dude has published historical accounts of Igala owns Igboland. Until Igbos beginnig to produce fake histories as the Bini’s, Igala, Ijaws etc are doing, Igbo heritage will continue to suffer external aggression.

Its laughable really, dude says Igala owns Osun, Ogun, Ondo, Oyo, Ekiti, Plateu, Katsina, Kano and sokoto states grin The guy must be as high as a pole.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by kollinzgee(m): 11:45pm On Aug 26, 2020
SLAP44:
I don't know why people can't see that Opobo is a cultural and historical landmark town left there by God. Any attempted attempt by anyone to attempt to attempt to use any forms of attempted attempt to disparage the land will be resisted.

Wanne opobo is for Igbos don't worry everything will follow its natural course when Yugoslavia broke up the Serbs new their territory,The Croats knew theirs and the rest was history, and if the ijaws claim opobo all we have the do is arm the local indigenes with sophisticated weapons , you can never beat an Igbo man I land dispute .

1 Like

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SlayerForever: 11:46pm On Aug 26, 2020
I'm talking Ijaw and I didn't even know of this new Igala man. But he's a clown any which way.
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Obalatule: 11:46pm On Aug 26, 2020
UdechiHD:
Lol! From a joker, the Ayegba dude is becoming a voice to reckon with in Igala land. He is now seen as an Igala leader, boosting much followers in their thousands, who go to Anioma and other Igbo Facebook pages to spew the trash Ayegba tells them.
Are you aware that this dude has published historical accounts of Igala owns Igboland. Until Igbos beginnig to produce fake histories as the Bini’s, Igala, Ijaws etc are doing, Igbo heritage will continue to suffer external aggression.
that one na their matter, All Igbos around the world know themselves, Anybody suffering identity crisis should knock himself out

I just go to ayegbas page to laugh is all grin grin
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SlayerForever: 11:46pm On Aug 26, 2020
kollinzgee:

Wanne opobo is for Igbos don't worry everything will follow its natural course when Yugoslavia broke up the Serbs new their territory,The Croats knew theirs and the rest was history, and if the ijaws claim opobo all we have the do is arm the local indigenes with sophisticated weapons , you can never beat an Igbo man I land dispute .

The local indigenes are not inclined to Igbo.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 26, 2020
SLAP44:

Its laughable really, dude says Igala owns Osun, Ogun, Ondo, Oyo, Ekiti, Plateu, Katsina, Kano and sokoto states grin The guy must be as high as anything.
Ayegba is very smart to be fair to him. He has learnt well. At least from the Yoruba Ife fairytales, the Benin fraudulent ancestral claims and the Ijaw abracadabra history. He is currently trying as much and in the interest of his ethnic group to grab as much territory in an event of the dark times.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by kollinzgee(m): 11:51pm On Aug 26, 2020
SlayerForever:

The local indigenes are not inclined to Igbo.

That's why I said don't worry when the time comes, don't force an unripe mango down, true nations are built by people with similar cultures and beliefs in the end the opobos will choose who they are similar to in culture and and language for better coexistence we will Just reopen history books and that's all..
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SLAP44: 11:55pm On Aug 26, 2020
UdechiHD:
Ayegba is very smart to be fair to him. He has learnt well. At least from the Yoruba Ife fairytales, the Benin fraudulent ancestral claims and the Ijaw abracadabra history. He is currently trying as much and in the interest of his ethnic group to grab as much territory in an event of the dark times.

While he has been using words and building castles in the air, Fulani has been removing all his people from the ground. Nnamdi Kana needs to teach the man some tactics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SLAP44: 11:57pm On Aug 26, 2020
SlayerForever:
I'm talking Ijaw and I didn't even know of this new Igala man. But he's a clown any which way.

The igala are a very strong tribe which you should talk about. The Igala is indegenous to 28 states, they might even be larger than the Yoruba which are in only 6 states.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by AlphikkaTech: 12:07am On Aug 27, 2020
Iamgrey5:
They say Jaja of Opobo is igbo, but he ruled over Ijaw people.

Yes, Jaja was originally an Igbo man. The Ijaw society accepts anyone into our fold after the necessary rituals has been performed and an individual after performing the requirements can rise to become King if capable, and in the case of Jaja, he was one of the greatest rulers in precolonial Ijaw history.
God bless his soul.

We the Ijaws are never tribalistic

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SlayerForever: 12:08am On Aug 27, 2020
AlphikkaTech:

Yes, Jaja was originally an Igbo man. The Ijaw society accepts anyone into our fold after the necessary rituals has been performed and an individual after performing the requirements can rise to become King if capable, and in the case of Jaja, he was one of the greatest rulers in precolonial Ijaw history.
God bless his soul.

Why are the Opobo people Igbo acculturated?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SLAP44: 12:09am On Aug 27, 2020
I am looking for blackberry bold to buy. Good one, cheap and still working properly.
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SLAP44: 12:11am On Aug 27, 2020
SlayerForever:

Why are the Opobo people Igbo acculturated?

Because of Nnamdi Kanu who took a blackboard to Opobo and taught them Igbo history. The natives so loved the way of the Igbos and became Igbo cultured.
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SlayerForever: 12:14am On Aug 27, 2020
SLAP44:

Because of Nnamdi Kanu who took a blackboard to Opobo and taught them Igbo history. The natives so loved the way of the Igbos and became Igbo cultured.

Allow the Ijaw guy answer.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Obalatule: 12:18am On Aug 27, 2020
I need 2 able bodied men to go and take this lunatic Ayegba to psychiatric hospital grin grin grin

1 Share

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SlayerForever: 12:20am On Aug 27, 2020
Also can one explain to me why majority of them in Opobo bear Jaja as name. It's rather strange seeing so many (unrelated) would be bearing the same name. Considering that the word "Jaja" does not mean anything and is only a poor corruption of something else.
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Bkayyy: 12:30am On Aug 27, 2020
AlphikkaTech:

God bless his soul.

Judging from the culture of Opobo and ibani or bonny it looks like Jaja was the one that performed Igbo acculturization on you guys rather than the other way round. Speaking of tribalism the igbos are known not to take tribal disputes, that is why our son Onoja, the son of Eri and Oboli established Igala and was the first Attah of Igala.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Yujin(m): 12:42am On Aug 27, 2020
godofuck231:
how can a man who was sold by his former kinsmen into slavery now being reclaimed as an Igbo man, what so ever a man give away in his lifetime, seizes to be his property.

The Ijaw are also known to practice ritual acculturation
(enculturation), whereby an individual from a different,
unrelated group undergoes rites to become Ijaw. An
example of this is Jaja of Opobo, the Igbo slave who rose
to become a powerful Ibani (Bonny) king in the 19th
century.
the igbos lost him.
History revisionist. Was Jaja a commodity? Did black Americans cease to be Africans? Did Jaja become the King of Bonny for a single day? You're clutching at straws.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Nobody: 12:44am On Aug 27, 2020
SlayerForever:

Allow the Ijaw guy answer.
You mean IjawYoruba guy. E biara ohuru n.
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Fubyyoung: 12:52am On Aug 27, 2020
SlayerForever:
On several Opobo Facebook pages there's been a renewed effort by Ijaw nationalists to rope in Opobo into the Ijaw fold and the people are not resisting. The people are been encouraged to do away with anything Igbo inclined in favor of Ijaw.
. I'm from Opobo and we're Ijaws.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Fubyyoung: 12:56am On Aug 27, 2020
Bkayyy:
You mean these people from opobo?
. Na so....come to opobo every 1st of January to enjoy our Rich culture
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Forumobserver12(m): 1:49am On Aug 27, 2020
IamWonderful:
Why are igboid running away from igbos like leper, yesterday it was ikwerre, sometimes ago it was anioma, very soon it will be inviable Ebonyi indigenes grin

Who and who in Anioma is running away from Igbo? you can't speak for me because I know who i am, so be guided..
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Graysons: 3:11am On Aug 27, 2020
Anyiamaka:
Originally, Igbos own Ijaws that's why Jonathan claimed he' an Igboman
cc Rosyfina is this the people your useless baysela woman are screwing? They have no respect for ijaw people at all. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Graysons: 3:13am On Aug 27, 2020
Cc sageb grin grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Graysons: 3:16am On Aug 27, 2020
Muna4real:
This one I'm seeing useless monikers below, I'm certain that this thread will turn to tribal bashing. The ones above me have already said rubbish. I'm out of here.
Really so the creator of this thread is not senseless grin grin
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Graysons: 3:18am On Aug 27, 2020
techmo:
cool

Since Opobo's are Ibos let zone 2020 Vice President or Presidency PDP ticket to Opobo people

smart grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Godons1: 5:42am On Aug 27, 2020
SlayerForever:

This is just a picture. Go to their page and see people who are bearing Igbo names tell you to your face they are Ijaw.

Bearing Igbo names doesn't make them Igbo. In the North it's not all those that bear Hausa names that are Hausa. Some of them are Northern Christians from other minority tribes.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by godofuck231: 6:43am On Aug 27, 2020
Yujin:

History revisionist. Was Jaja a commodity? Did black Americans seize to be Africans? Did Jaja become the King of Bonny for a single day? You're clutching at straws.
no wonder, in this age you haven't still leant about the trade houses of Opobo, read the logic, he was sold and he accepted his new tribe, he never went back to Igbo land

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Buhari Meets Yobe, Jigawa And Kebbi State Governors In Abuja (photos) / Kyari: IGP Didn’t Shut Intelligence, Special Tactical Squads - Muyiwa Adejobi / Inflation To Hit 30% By December – KPMG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.