Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,583 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? (11164 Views)

2023: Northerners Need Someone From North, Not Igbo Or Yoruba – Atiku / The House King Jaja Of Opobo Lived In Exile In The 1880's In ST Vincent / See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by AlphikkaTech: 9:04am On Aug 28, 2020
SlayerForever:

I asked you why Opobo yesterday. You've not responded.
Why is it Igbo is spoken throughout Bonny?

Present day Ibani people (Bonny and Opobo) are decendands of both original Ijaws and Igbo slaves/free people.

Speaking Igbo doesn't make them Ibos. They identify as Ijaws. The people of Bonny and Opobo consider it insulting to regard them as Ibos the same way a man from Niger State feels when called an Hausa man because he speaks Hausa.

This is not an argument please. I detest tribalism.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SlayerForever: 11:54am On Aug 28, 2020
AlphikkaTech:

Present day Ibani people (Bonny and Opobo) are decendands of both original Ijaws and Igbo slaves/free people.

Speaking Igbo doesn't make them Ibos. They identify as Ijaws. The people of Bonny and Opobo consider it insulting to regard them as Ibos the same way a man from Niger State feels when called an Hausa man because he speaks Hausa.

This is not an argument please. I detest tribalism.

But they don't readily identify as Ijaw either, even if inclined towards that side.

Bolded: I'll take that with a pinch of salt.
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 28, 2020
nsiba:

Touch which nerve? I don't like lose mouths that tells lies to pamper their years of boundage
How many ports were used during the time of slavery?
How long did the Europeans stay onboard their ships before slaves were brought to them?

If you don't know anything just keep shut, while some tribes chop goats meat and drank palmwine upandan during slave trade, others they run inside bush for their dear lives?
Which stock are you?
we don't use google we get manuscript's of those sold via Itu, Ikotabasi inland waterways to Calabar the Mother of all.
Google na for toodlers, I will give you information only Encyclopedia Britannica and Museums in England have in their archives

Lemme tell you again Arros never saw the Atlantic not to talk of Merchants, they only brought slaves from all over IBO land to slave merchants and returned back for more slaves...
They know their history and roots and the people they brought as slaves to us, tell me your stock of IBO?

3 paragraphs ? I truly touched a nerve (maybe your next reply would be 4). I guess your point is that their wasn't any of your people sold by the Aro Confederacy as slaves ? that your peeps where the slave Masters -what rubbish!!! if that is so,why couldn't you guys regain Aro land from them? why where you guys continually loosing land to the Igbo clans -if you guys had such power ? The great Malian empire sold slaves yet they where nowhere near the Atlantic.
You obviously don't know your history if you did,you would know the position of things during this period.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by nsiba: 3:17pm On Aug 28, 2020
eduj:

3 paragraphs ? I truly touched a nerve (maybe your next reply would be 4). I guess your point is that their wasn't any of your people sold by the Aro Confederacy as slaves ? that your peeps where the slave Masters -what rubbish!!! if that is so,why couldn't you guys regain Aro land from them? why where you guys continually loosing land to the Igbo clans -if you guys had such power ? The great Malian empire sold slaves yet they where nowhere near the Atlantic.
You obviously don't know your history if you did,you would know the position of things during this period.

But can people be this DUMB, so the entire Ibibio stocks all lived in Ibom( Arrochukwu)?

Even the tribes men that left Ibom the Villages they now reside now is bigger than Arrochukwu not less 3times, my village farm land is bigger than the entire Arrochukwu

3 paragraphs is small, I will give a Bible of your ancestors scampering in bushes when others were drinking palm wine.
Give me the ports your imaginary Arros used?
Give me the stock of Igbo you are?
Simple questions you are running ya mouth like KANU
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 28, 2020
nsiba:

But can people be this DUMB, so the entire Ibibio stocks all lived in Ibom( Arrochukwu)?

Even the tribes men that left Ibom the Villages they now reside now is bigger than Arrochukwu not less 3times, my village farm land is bigger than the entire Arrochukwu

3 paragraphs is small, I will give a Bible of your ancestors scampering in bushes when others were drinking palm wine.
see as you just the shift goal post ? weren't ibibio's sold as slaves ? is is your gross because I said the aros sold you guys ? no problem,you ibibio's sold fellow ibibio's-hope you are happy now.
please read about the British conquest of the Aro Confederacy that cemented their rule and ended slave trade (along with the fall of Jaja) in the SS and SE

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Bkayyy: 5:02pm On Aug 28, 2020
nsiba:

Oga it is not about land mass but the people in it. Have you ever asked yourself this question, why are ijaws, Ibibios and other southern ethnic groups very small when compared to Igbos?
It is better you know this now, "present day Igbo is in need of expansion" the population density in South East is too much

1 Like

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by nsiba: 6:07pm On Aug 28, 2020
Bkayyy:

Oga it is not about land mass but the people in it. Have you ever asked yourself this question, why are ijaws, Ibibios and other southern ethnic groups very small when compared to Igbos?
It is better you know this now, "present day Igbo is in need of expansion" the population density in South East is too much

You only know how to run you mouth, better be grateful the Missionaries to save you primitive arses
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Bkayyy: 6:10pm On Aug 28, 2020
nsiba:

You only know how to run you mouth, better be grateful the Missionaries to save you primitive arses
LOL grin was there any notable victory you people had on Igbos as the case of Arọ Chukwu? Individual Igbo clans dealt with you guys without being United under the "Igbo" banner, how do you think you lots can stand us now. The worst thing the Missionaries did to you small ethnicities is uniting the mega ethnicities like Ndigbo, Yoruba and Hausa

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by nsiba: 6:16pm On Aug 28, 2020
eduj:

see as you just the shift goal post ? weren't ibibio's sold as slaves ? is is your gross because I said the aros sold you guys ? no problem,you ibibio's sold fellow ibibio's-hope you are happy now.
please read about the British conquest of the Aro Confederacy that cemented their rule and ended slave trade (along with the fall of Jaja) in the SS and SE

You brain is filled with puss
Why are you ashame of telling us your stock of Igbo?
Slave trade ended many years back, while others started going to school Aros were still using you lots like guinea pigs and you are here talking, Aros, Jaja soon you will start talking OJUKWU and KANU

Tell me your Igbo stock and stop talking like someone sell Okrika cloth
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Bkayyy: 6:22pm On Aug 28, 2020
nsiba:

Slave trade ended many years back, while others started going to school Aros were still using you lots like guinea pigs and you are here talking, Aros, Jaja soon you will start talking OJUKWU and KANU

You could have fetched a fortune if not for the white.
Damn you people for abolishing slave trade.
Ps "joking" don't be afraid
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by nsiba: 6:36pm On Aug 28, 2020
Bkayyy:

LOL grin was there any notable victory you people had on Igbos as the case of Arọ Chukwu? Individual Igbo clans dealt with you guys without being United under the "Igbo" banner, how do you think you lots can stand us now. The worst thing the Missionaries did to you small ethnicities is uniting the mega ethnicities like Ndigbo, Yoruba and Hausa

So the betrayal of the village chief of Ibom by his brother together with settlers over a land not bigger than CORE Ibibios village farm is what you are singing and fanning yourself
Your fathers couldn't have land in the ancient time it is now you want to try....don't make my chickens to laugh
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by nsiba: 6:37pm On Aug 28, 2020
Bkayyy:

You could have fetched a fortune if not for the white.
Damn you people for abolishing slave trade.
Ps "joking" don't be afraid

I like jokers, just like the way you Igbos are entertaing us
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Bkayyy: 7:23pm On Aug 28, 2020
nsiba:

So the betrayal of the village chief of Ibom by his brother together with settlers over a land not bigger than CORE Ibibios village farm is what you are singing and fanning yourself
Your fathers couldn't have land in the ancient time it is now you want to try....don't make my chickens to laugh
You know within yourself that where you typing from will soon be either Igbo, yoruba or fulani land. It's the rule of nature, the strongest always dominate
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by nsiba: 8:27pm On Aug 28, 2020
Bkayyy:

You know within yourself that where you typing from will soon be either Igbo, yoruba or fulani land. It's the rule of nature, the strongest always dominate

That was what OJUKWU told you ever greedy insatiable set of being.... When Adaka Boro demanded freedom you lots sent him to jail, but when the tide turned against you lots, ye all shouted Biafra and where did it get you?

I pity you and generation lining behind a 419, from the start you are already DOOMED from the word go
Entering any part of SS land is sure suicide for you " mouth running touts"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Bkayyy: 8:53pm On Aug 28, 2020
nsiba:

That was what OJUKWU told you ever greedy insatiable set of being.... When Adaka Boro demanded freedom you lots sent him to jail, but when the tide turned against you lots, ye all shouted Biafra and where did it get you?

I pity you and generation lining behind a 419, from the start you are already DOOMED from the word go
Entering any part of SS land is sure suicide for you " mouth running touts"
We already have Arọ Chukwu.
But tell me, how does it feel to be a minor ethnic group? I can imagine the fear and insecurity from here

1 Like

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by nsiba: 1:37am On Aug 29, 2020
Bkayyy:

We already have Arọ Chukwu.
But tell me, how does it feel to be a minor ethnic group? I can imagine the fear and insecurity from here
. Plz tell me how does it feel to be this dumb?

KANU really took his time and selected the DUMBEST of the DUMBS
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 29, 2020
nsiba:

hahahaha o boi see vex oh! you're the one bringing in kanu and ojukwu now . Am an ngwa guy hope that satisfies you ? just going through my profile would have answered your query but I guess your iq is so low it never occurred to you.
Now can you tell the house who made the error of selling of the bright ones in ur Villa while leaving the dumb ones ?is it the Aro Confederacy or your fellow ibibios ?

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by nsiba: 9:22am On Aug 29, 2020
eduj:

hahahaha o boi see vex oh! you're the one bringing in kanu and ojukwu now . Am an ngwa guy hope that satisfies you ? just going through my profile would have answered your query but I guess your iq is so low it never occurred to you.
Now can you tell the house who made the error of selling of the bright ones in ur Villa while leaving the dumb ones ?is it the Aro Confederacy or your fellow ibibios ?

" I should go thru ur profile?"..pus really fill that brain of yours
Ngwa!
Then you know who sold "who" to who, so anytime you go running those lose mouth of yours better know the "who's" you go about mentioning
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by RobbStark(m): 10:30am On Aug 29, 2020
SlayerForever:

This is just a picture. Go to their page and see people who are bearing Igbo names tell you to your face they are Ijaw.

Can you mention a name the Opobos answer that is Igbo
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by RobbStark(m): 10:32am On Aug 29, 2020
Bkayyy:

Just like ikwerre, opobo is not that strong, they rely on us to speak out for them. They can't stand ijaws alone

Are they fighting with any body that will make them not stand alone.

Opobos are Ijaws.
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by RobbStark(m): 10:41am On Aug 29, 2020
okeyglm:
opobo remain estate of great king jaja. no ijaw can claim over it. in event of new Biafra. opobo shall become sea port belt for igbo. I laugh at the people who calls igbo landlocked

I laff in Opobo shall become sea port belt for Igbo.
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SlayerForever: 11:21am On Aug 29, 2020
RobbStark:

Can you mention a name the Opobos answer that is Igbo

Ubani and Uranta for starters. Hardcore Igbo names.

As well as Chinonso, Somto, Chinyere, Adonye, Adiele, Ajuzie, Akani etc etc etc.

What's your point?

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by RobbStark(m): 12:30pm On Aug 29, 2020
SlayerForever:

Ubani and Uranta for starters. Hardcore Igbo names.

As well as Chinonso, Somto, Chinyere, Adonye, Adiele, Ajuzie, Akani etc etc etc.

What's your point?

Igbo answer ubani. As for the other names you mentioned below, aside Adonye, the rest are not being answered by Opobo people. Do you findings well.

I am from Opobo and my name is Idawarifa. Hope you know what that means in igbo

1 Like

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by nengibo: 12:56pm On Aug 29, 2020
RobbStark:

Igbo answer ubani. As for the other names you mentioned below, aside Adonye, the rest are not being answered by Opobo people. Do you findings well.

Adonye isn't an Igbo name, it means desire, also stop arguing with Ibos especially the brainwashed Igbos ,its a waste of time

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SlayerForever: 1:25pm On Aug 29, 2020
RobbStark:

You're from Opobo and you don't know of Uranta or the rest? Okay.
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SlayerForever: 1:27pm On Aug 29, 2020
[s]
nengibo:

Adonye isn't an Igbo name, it means desire, also stop arguing with Ibos especially the brainwashed Igbos ,its a waste of time
[/s]
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by nengibo: 1:36pm On Aug 29, 2020
SlayerForever:

You're from Opobo and you don't know of Uranta or the rest? Okay.
Uranta is unique to Opobo no other place bears it, Ubani is a surname, and is similar to someone answering Igbo, those other names are foreign, the surname we Ibanis bear is Jaja, Dappa, Peterside, Pepple, Brown, Tolofari, Ogolo, Daminabo, Damingo Minimah, Uranta, Fubara, Finebone etc, the thing your fellow pigs wrote is nonsense

1 Like

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Kinematics: 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2020
nengibo:

Uranta is unique to Opobo no other place bears it, Ubani is a surname, and is similar to someone answering Igbo, those other names are foreign, the surname we Ibanis bear is Jaja, Dappa, Peterside, Pepple, Brown, Tolofari, Ogolo, Daminabo, Damingo Minimah, Uranta, Fubara, Finebone etc, the thing your fellow pigs wrote is nonsense

1 Like

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by nengibo: 1:47pm On Aug 29, 2020
Kinematics:

Imiebam, I have to bust some o these lies they constantly generate on the internet, their whole endgame is obvious they will continue to remain landlocked pigs 4 eternity
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by legitnow: 1:51pm On Aug 29, 2020
nengibo:

Imiebam, I have to bust some o these lies they constantly generate on the internet, their whole endgame is obvious they will continue to remain landlocked pigs 4 eternity

So, Igbo and Ijaw are so daft that Yoruba create a thread to start or cause them to insults and abusing each other, and they cannot tell?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Kinematics: 1:59pm On Aug 29, 2020
nengibo:

If they like they should continue with their land grabbing till Jesus comes. They'll remain landlocked!
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Bonessaw(m): 2:10pm On Aug 29, 2020
RobbStark:

Who dash Bayelsa riff-raff Opobo. You think you’re playing with kids here this Izon man.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi / Buhari Meets Yobe, Jigawa And Kebbi State Governors In Abuja (photos) / Kyari: IGP Didn’t Shut Intelligence, Special Tactical Squads - Muyiwa Adejobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.