Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,970 members, 7,828,439 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem (1220 Views)

Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? / He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents / At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by Pamfresh(m): 1:57am On Aug 27, 2020
I had to create a new account because of this topic.
Mod please help me push this to front page as it would help mould or mar my relationship. Thanks!!!
Please my fellow nairalanders I need advice on this age of a thing. It has been bothering me.
I'm 29 years old and currently dating a lady older than me by 3 years. Our relationship is still in its early stage ( 4 months plus) but I need to here people's opinion about our age differences.
This lady is a lady after my heart, she's very understanding, pretty, hardworking and above all a virgin (a proof that she's not promiscuous even at 32). I really want to settle down with her but whenever I remember the age discrepancy I usually ve a second thought. Recently, she just told me she dreamt of when I left her for another girl and according to her most of her dreams come to pass. I have bn troubled since then cos I don't want to shatter her heart. I am kind of the only son of my family (my younger brother is a senior seminarian) and my family has bn putting pressure on me to get married. I'm planning on getting married late next yr or early next two years and I wish to have like four to five children with good spacing and each time I remember my girlfriend's age it gives me a concern besides there is this saying that ladies age faster than men and I wouldn't like that. Apart from the age barrier she's really my spec but I ve bn trying so hard to overlook that n I can't still get over it.
Please, help me out with the pros and cons of a man getting married to someone older than him by 3 years. Is it advisable?
Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by Timolanki(m): 2:12am On Aug 27, 2020
Lets wait for the elders first

1 Like

Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by Pegi23(f): 2:25am On Aug 27, 2020

1 Like

Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by Pamfresh(m): 2:52am On Aug 27, 2020
Pegi23:
My boo is 31 ND I'm 19. Age is just a number.
That's really commendable but I think it becomes more intriguing when the man is younger.

1 Like

Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by Juliusmomoh: 3:58am On Aug 27, 2020
Lai lai... I can't marry someone older than me... During s*x, it whould look as if am doing it with grandmama

1 Like

Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by 1beat(m): 7:30am On Aug 27, 2020
Age is not a problem at all

Many guys hv gotten married to woman that are older than them and they live happily.

Just don't marry out of pity because any decisions you make now you will live with it forever

But, personally I can't marry any lady that is older than me not that is bad but is against my destiny

1 Like

Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 27, 2020
Pegi23:
Nigalatians 2:16
You will later leave him for another nigga when he's getting old
And you is still looking young and fresh

1 Like

Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 27, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
Lai lai... I can't marry someone older than me... During s*x, it whould look as if am doing it with grandmama
Wayray grin
Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 27, 2020
OP if you think your own bad
Remember the president of France
But make we talk true that Macron don craze O
I see one picture wey him and that woman dey kiss kai grin there are some things I can't just do no matter what

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by Bennysam: 8:18am On Aug 27, 2020
Pamfresh:
Mod please help me push this to front page as it would help mould or mar my relationship. Thanks!!!
Please my fellow nairalanders I need advice on this age of a thing. It has been bothering me.
I'm 29 years old and currently dating a lady older than me by 3 years. Our relationship is still in its early stage ( 4 months plus) but I need to here people's opinion about our age differences.
This lady is a lady after my heart, she's very understanding, pretty, hardworking and above all a virgin (a proof that she's not promiscuous even at 32). I really want to settle down with her but whenever I remember the age discrepancy I usually ve a second thought. Recently, she just told me she dreamt of when I left her for another girl and according to her most of her dreams come to pass. I have bn troubled since then cos I don't want to shatter her heart. I am kind of the only son of my family (my younger brother is a senior seminarian) and my family has bn putting pressure on me to get married. I'm planning on getting married late next yr or early next two years and I wish to have like four to five children with good spacing and each time I remember my girlfriend's age it gives me a concern besides there is this saying that ladies age faster than men and I wouldn't like that. Apart from the age barrier she's really my spec but I ve bn trying so hard to overlook that n I can't still get over it.
Please, help me out with the pros and cons of a man getting married to someone older than him by 3 years. Is it advisable?
Oga let it be only relationship, don't marry her I repeat don't marry her

1 Like

Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by SavageBoy: 8:23am On Aug 27, 2020
As long as she got what you need in a wife,and is very much submissive(which is very vital) then why bother

All of these things that has to do with a man not getting married to someone older than him and stuffs like that are just generally what people think or a societal thing and you don't always have to go by it

Though from the way you sound,there 55% possibility that you'll still leave this girl.But if she will make a good wife,home maker,your pillar of support and a good mother to your kids then why are you hesitating.And as for the spacing, it's not as if you want each of your children to have a five-year gap in between,it can still be done.

My aunt is older than her husband with 3years and believe me when I say that she's one if the best woman any man can ever have as a wife. It's not even as if you'll go on telling people that your wife is older than you.

The ball is in your court bro,but if you know that you can't go ahead with her just tell her soon rather than raise her hopes high and then end up shattering her heart

3 Likes

Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by nuelsam: 8:41am On Aug 27, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
u no wise oga

1 Like

Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by nuelsam: 8:48am On Aug 27, 2020
nuelsam:
u no wise oga
I've been in some sort of relationship with a lady quite older than I was.....I tell u, that was one of the best relationship I ever had....mature, pretty,intelligent and quite reserved......it never felt awkward that I was dating a lady older than me....we just had to break up when she moved to another country...ive never been a fan of LDR .....we still talk tho.

2 Likes

Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by Juliusmomoh: 11:19am On Aug 27, 2020
nuelsam:
u no wise oga
Leave me like dat oga
Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by Jimbadly: 11:22am On Aug 27, 2020
Pegi23:

Awwww.
Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by Juliusmomoh: 11:36am On Aug 27, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
Wayray grin
Meaning ?
Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by cooooooks(m): 12:12pm On Aug 27, 2020
It's like you want to generate a problem.
Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 27, 2020
Leave her. Marry someone younger. Suit yourself.
Virgin @32, her hymen for don turn to kpomo.
grin grin grin just kidding
Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by Pamfresh(m): 12:22pm On Aug 27, 2020
SavageBoy:
As long as she got what you need in a wife,and is very much submissive(which is very vital) then why bother

All of these things that has to do with a man not getting married to someone older than him and stuffs like that are just generally what people think or a societal thing and you don't always have to go by it

Though from the way you sound,there 55% possibility that you'll still leave this girl.But if she will make a good wife,home maker,your pillar of support and a good mother to your kids then why are you hesitating.And as for the spacing, it's not as if you want each of your children to have a five-year gap in between,it can still be done.

My aunt is older than her husband with 3years and believe me when I say that she's one if the best woman any man can ever have as a wife. It's not even as if you'll go on telling people that your wife is older than you.

The ball is in your court bro,but if you know that you can't go ahead with her just tell her soon rather than raise her hopes high and then end up shattering her heart
This is encouraging. Thanks!!!
Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by Pamfresh(m): 12:24pm On Aug 27, 2020
nuelsam:
I've been in some sort of relationship with a lady quite older than I was.....I tell u, that was one of the best relationship I ever had....mature, pretty,intelligent and quite reserved......it never felt awkward that I was dating a lady older than me....we just had to break up when she moved to another country...ive never been a fan of LDR .....we still talk tho.
What was the age difference? Were u willing to settle down with her if it had come to that?
Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by Pamfresh(m): 12:25pm On Aug 27, 2020
Bennysam:

Thanks. I need more opinions
Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by Pamfresh(m): 12:27pm On Aug 27, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
She actually has a baby fine face. U can only tell her age by her hand (has kind of Christian mother hand).
Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by mattfeuter(m): 12:30pm On Aug 27, 2020
Pamfresh:

End of story!

She gets a pass. Wife her up bro cool

1 Like

Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 27, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

Meaning ?
Meaning you're sick bro grin
Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 27, 2020
Bennysam:

Can you state your reasons for saying this angry
Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 27, 2020
Chii59:
Leave her. Marry someone younger. Suit yourself.
Virgin @32, her hymen for don turn to kpomo.
grin grin grin just kidding
Don't worry leave the fresh punanii for me am coming tryna gather maself cheesy
But why did you filter your picture that much in profile
Remove it your husband don't like too much filter sad
Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 27, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Don't worry leave the fresh punanii for me am coming tryna gather maself cheesy
But why did you filter your picture that much in profile
Remove it your husband don't like too much filter sad
Boring
Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 27, 2020
Chii59:

Boring
Yeah you heard me
Remove it now
Unless I'm not interested again cheesy
Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
oga no reason marriage with her,e get why
Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by nuelsam: 12:46pm On Aug 27, 2020
Pamfresh:

What was the age difference? Were u willing to settle down with her if it had come to that?
4yrs....yes I was willing to settle down......she was a virgin.

1 Like

Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by Pamfresh(m): 12:48pm On Aug 27, 2020
SmellySperm:
oga no reason marriage with her,e get why
Please I would be grateful to know ur reasons. That's y I created this thread

1 Like

Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 27, 2020
if you love her and you think she is the right one for you then marry her because good women are hard to find
dont listen to what people are saying because it is your life and any decision you make u are going to bear the consequences..choose wisely.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Increase Girth Size Fast / Video Of Couple Having Sèx Because Of Money Goes Viral / I Want To Start Taking Weed. Is It Addictive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.