Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,100 members, 7,849,433 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:31 PM

Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem (1234 Views)

Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? / He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents / At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by Pamfresh(m): 1:03pm On Aug 27, 2020
cooooooks:
It's like you want to generate a problem.
How?
Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by stanliwise(m): 1:07pm On Aug 27, 2020
@Pamfresh
Biologically - Yes and please never ignore this. Age is so so important that Age and biological functioning goes hand in hand. Depends on how much care though

Psychological - Yes, it has a lot to do with how you think things and how you react to them. But age and psychology are a bit technical, some are more mature in mind despite their young age. While some are not so mature despite being so old.

Socially - Not at all, anyone can share, love and interact, there is no limitations.

Now in reference to your question.
it depends on your angle, 32 isn’t biologically bad , psychological ok for you but depends on how mature you do things too, if she is too mature for your liking then you might not be compatible, socially she is very fit for you as you fall in close age bracket and if you ask my opinion I will say you should not go ahead until you think otherwise.
Reason is you already now have an insecurity on the age of thing. You need to get to specifics of what you fear in the future and consider what you will do in worst case scenario.
For the child bearing of thing, consult a medical expert and stop draining your brain power on something you are not technical about.
Happy thinking.
Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by tunize(m): 1:11pm On Aug 27, 2020
She is a virgin at 32 na waitn she tell u or na waitn u know? because both na two different thing.
3yrs is no big deal though me i can cope with 3yrs but above that lia lia
Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by Pamfresh(m): 1:15pm On Aug 27, 2020
stanliwise:
@Pamfresh
Biologically - Yes and please never ignore this. Age is so so important that Age and biological functioning goes hand in hand. Depends on how much care though

Psychological - Yes, it has a lot to do with how you think things and how you react to them. But age and psychology are a bit technical, some are more mature in mind despite their young age. While some are not so mature despite being so old.

Socially - Not at all, anyone can share, love and interact, there is no limitations.

So it depends on your angle and if you ask my opinion I will say you should not go ahead until you think otherwise.
Reason is you already now have an insecurity on the age of thing. You need to get to specifics of what you fear in the future and consider what you will do in worst case scenario.
Happy thinking.
I'm looking at it from the biological angle. I see it that in the next decade she's probably ageing faster than I n it might affect me in the future. But she has most of the qualities I want in a woman when it comes to spec.
If u were me, would u go ahead and marry her?
Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by Pamfresh(m): 1:18pm On Aug 27, 2020
tunize:
She is a virgin at 32 na waitn she tell u or na waitn u know? because both na two different thing.
3yrs is no big deal though me i can cope with 3yrs but above that lia lia
She told me and I also found out it's true
Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by stanliwise(m): 1:23pm On Aug 27, 2020
Pamfresh:

I'm looking at it from the biological angle. I see it that in the next decade she's probably ageing faster than I n it might affect me in the future. But she has most of the qualities I want in a woman when it comes to spec.
If u were me, would u go ahead and marry her?
With what you said then I can conclude your insecurities is just your making and I can predict most of your thinking are based on popular speculations and opinions of what you hear people say.
You are neither a medical expert nor are you a gynecologist. You should get into the specific of your doubt and meet a medical professional, explain to him about the age considerations. They are well vast in this topic and can give you insightful ideas.

I think you are just insecure about the whole thing. Let me give you a quick tip to verify it.
Jot down the exact things you fear that could happen and make credible research on them or ask opinions from expert who gives you holistic opinions. And if you turn out to be right then fine but if not, you need to step back and deal with those insecurities before talking of marriage.

1 Like

Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by Quality20(m): 1:39pm On Aug 27, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
Lai lai... I can't marry someone older than me... During s*x, it whould look as if am doing it with grandmama
. It's OK to marry a much older lady, it's only gonna feel like u with ur grandmother if u are not a real man
Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by tunize(m): 1:45pm On Aug 27, 2020
Pamfresh:

She told me and I also found out it's true
If she's all u claim she is bro marry her no waste time i'd rather marry a girl older than me and same time gives me peace than to marry a girl younger or my age mate that would not allow me have peace."respect and loyalty is the key bro"

1 Like

Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by Bennysam: 3:02pm On Aug 27, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Can you state your reasons for saying this angry
She's more exposed than you even more experience and she will control you with all those things she had
Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 27, 2020
Pamfresh:
I had to create a new account because of this topic.
Mod please help me push this to front page as it would help mould or mar my relationship. Thanks!!!
Please my fellow nairalanders I need advice on this age of a thing. It has been bothering me.
I'm 29 years old and currently dating a lady older than me by 3 years. Our relationship is still in its early stage ( 4 months plus) but I need to here people's opinion about our age differences.
This lady is a lady after my heart, she's very understanding, pretty, hardworking and above all a virgin (a proof that she's not promiscuous even at 32). I really want to settle down with her but whenever I remember the age discrepancy I usually ve a second thought. Recently, she just told me she dreamt of when I left her for another girl and according to her most of her dreams come to pass. I have bn troubled since then cos I don't want to shatter her heart. I am kind of the only son of my family (my younger brother is a senior seminarian) and my family has bn putting pressure on me to get married. I'm planning on getting married late next yr or early next two years and I wish to have like four to five children with good spacing and each time I remember my girlfriend's age it gives me a concern besides there is this saying that ladies age faster than men and I wouldn't like that. Apart from the age barrier she's really my spec but I ve bn trying so hard to overlook that n I can't still get over it.
Please, help me out with the pros and cons of a man getting married to someone older than him by 3 years. Is it advisable?

WHAT CONFIRMATION DO YOU HAVE THAT ASCERTAINED THAT SHE IS A VIRGIN. MORE THAN A MILLION LADIES THAT AGE PULL SUCH TRICK ON NAIVE CLUELESS GUYS IN A BID TO BECOME MARRIED. 99% OF THE TIME IT IS A BLATANT LIE..

Re: Is Age Barriers In Marriage Really A Problem by crystalmoon(m): 7:46pm On Aug 27, 2020
?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Obnoxious Cultural Practice Is About To Tear Our Relationship Apart / Take 1m Or Toss A Coin To Win 1billion / How To Measure Your Dick Size. Visa To Woman's Gate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.