Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,428 members, 7,812,261 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? (2313 Views)

Does Marriage Bring Blessings And Prosperity? / What's One Sex Myth You Know Is A Lie But Everyone But Everyone Seem To Believe? / Does A Lady Really Bring Luck To A Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:16pm On May 20, 2021
I have met a lot of late 20s to early 30s men who are very broke and even in that brokeness this men dream and wish for marriage believing it to bring some sort of blessings but does marriage really bring any positive blessings, especially for men. I have looked all around me and honestly, I don't envy married men especially with the state of things in the country.

A very distant relative of ours was able to get a good job in an oil company in 2013. As of then, his salary was 350k. This was after being unemployed for close to ten years. 3 months after being employed, the first thing he did was to run go get married. No professional certifications to make him indispensable, no advanced degree, nothing nothing. The company later sacked him. By then he already had two kids. Life was tough and hell on earth. He was suggested to come to lagos learn trading since there was no oil company job again. Life has been very tough for the guy and he just called yesterday that his wife has given birth. Wife and husband in the village both unemployed yet still giving birth. Looking at him, honestly his life went worst once he got married.

This is not just one scenario, its everywhere in Nigeria now. Man gets married, he either looses his job or his earnings are not enough to sustain his family. You cant compare a 100k in 2018 to a 100k in 2021 especially with the rising cost of things. Wife is either unemployed or doing some petty kobo business which brings in peanuts and gbam poverty everywhere. Children are hungry and malnourished, no good education absolutely nothing so where exactly is the blessing of marriage?

I feel men should postpone marriage till a man is financially capable. Even if one cant hold body and gets married, childbirth should be postponed indefinitely. Nigerian government bad but many Nigerians dey take their hand do themselves o. Its not funny at all and things are bound to continue getting worst honestly. Once you marry in poverty, theres a 99.9 percent chance of dying in poverty o.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? by marveangel(m): 1:22pm On May 20, 2021
Recently I find myself doubting everything I was taught growing up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSQc_XQfppI

1 Like

Re: Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? by lilvicky68(m): 1:28pm On May 20, 2021
Yes..if you marry better God sent woman..but I no know where you go find them..
Re: Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? by WiszyFraud: 1:28pm On May 20, 2021
Marriage is the worst.

If you want kids..Get a child (either from babymama or adoption) and live your life..

There’s this happiness and peace of mind when you don’t have any permanent dealings with any woman.... especially our African women.

lipsrsealed

9 Likes

Re: Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? by thatsleepboy1: 1:29pm On May 20, 2021
It brings blessings but our girls of nowadays are sth else.

1 Like

Re: Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 20, 2021
aside bearing children, marriage na scam, pure scam! especially if u marry jezebelic type of woman.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? by SportsHD: 1:36pm On May 20, 2021
Get your finances in order and plan for the future before you get married. No, dem no dey hear word.

The way we attribute everything to spiritualism is alarming.

You no get your affairs into order, you con marry, more responsibilities show you con dey complain. Mehn gtfoh

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? by longetivity(m): 1:41pm On May 20, 2021
When u find the right partner there will be blessings

2 Likes

Re: Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? by The5DME(m): 1:43pm On May 20, 2021
No. It's a big lie.

5 Likes

Re: Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? by Yusufisraelj(m): 1:44pm On May 20, 2021
Your argument speaks to the current reality, however I fundamentally think, that everyone is responsible for their reality (experience).

I said this somewhere, let me say it again, a man's life (male or female) is chiefly a representation of:

1. Their mindset

2. Their relationships (the advantageous connections they have)

3. The God factor principle (the spiritual advantages they've secured)

More so when it comes to money there are three levels to this;

1. Poor mindset - poor physical reality

2. Wealthy mindset - poor physical reality

3. Wealthy mindset - wealthy physical reality

To leave level one (1) you must learn to read and learn from those doing well financially, to leave two (2) you must learn to take action and calculated risk in your chosen asset class.

When a man sustains this kind of thinking, I think he should look for an industrious lady and marry to build a better home.

Personally I think marriage is advantageous and brings blessings, the challenge most times, is the willingness of people to pay the required price for the experience they want.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? by GeeConn(m): 7:36pm On May 20, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Once you marry in poverty, theres a 99.9 percent chance of dying in poverty o.
This guy your word always carry weight very reasonable too. more strength jare.

So true, I can relate with all you said bro.

5 Likes

Re: Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? by BRATISLAVA: 8:14pm On May 20, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
I have met a lot of late 20s to early 30s men who are very broke and even in that brokeness this men dream and wish for marriage believing it to bring some sort of blessings but does marriage really bring any positive blessings, especially for men. I have looked all around me and honestly, I don't envy married men especially with the state of things in the country.

A very distant relative of ours was able to get a good job in an oil company in 2013. As of then, his salary was 350k. This was after being unemployed for close to ten years. 3 months after being employed, the first thing he did was to run go get married. No professional certifications to make him indispensable, no advanced degree, nothing nothing. The company later sacked him. By then he already had two kids. Life was tough and hell on earth. He was suggested to come to lagos learn trading since there was no oil company job again. Life has been very tough for the guy and he just called yesterday that his wife has given birth. Wife and husband in the village both unemployed yet still giving birth. Looking at him, honestly his life went worst once he got married.

This is not just one scenario, its everywhere in Nigeria now. Man gets married, he either looses his job or his earnings are not enough to sustain his family. You cant compare a 100k in 2018 to a 100k in 2021 especially with the rising cost of things. Wife is either unemployed or doing some petty kobo business which brings in peanuts and gbam poverty everywhere. Children are hungry and malnourished, no good education absolutely nothing so where exactly is the blessing of marriage?

I feel men should postpone marriage till a man is financially capable. Even if one cant hold body and gets married, childbirth should be postponed indefinitely. Nigerian government bad but many Nigerians dey take their hand do themselves o. Its not funny at all and things are bound to continue getting worst honestly. Once you marry in poverty, theres a 99.9 percent chance of dying in poverty o.

There's an inner craving for togetherness and intimacy which all humans desire that is best fulfilled in marriage. Despite the ups and downs, there's a fulfillment in being with someone else of your own and building something together. You will see a wretched man tell you that he is blessed just because he has children, yet the one without family and has everything will still feel empty and eventually get married, too, so there is something to it.

The presence of absence of money can't stop that craving. It can be put on hold, but it's always going to be there.

The only down side to such marriages is when they use their failures at provision for said families to inconvenience and disturb other people.

3 Likes

Re: Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? by BRATISLAVA: 8:22pm On May 20, 2021
lilvicky68:
Yes..if you marry better God sent woman..but I no know where you go find them..

There are many angels, but the problem is the devils are always looking for angels. Devils will meet devils until devils learn to be angels themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? by Ajibade123(m): 8:24pm On May 20, 2021
scam don't be deceived if it brings blessings as they say we won't have so many poor family in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? by Ajibade123(m): 8:27pm On May 20, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

There's an inner craving for togetherness and intimacy which all humans desire that is best fulfilled in marriage. Despite the ups and downs, there's a fulfillment in being with someone else of your own and building something together. You will see a wretched man tell you that he is blessed just because he has children, yet the one without family and has everything will still feel empty and eventually get married, too, so there is something to it.

The presence of absence of money can't stop that craving. It can be put on hold, but it's always going to be there.

The only down side to such marriages is when they use their failures at provision for said families to inconvenience and disturb other people.
listen to yourself "a wretched man with thin malnourished children is saying he is blessed" How?? How?? tell me

2 Likes

Re: Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? by lilvicky68(m): 8:35pm On May 20, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

There are many angels, but the problem is the devils are always looking for angels. Devils will meet devils until devils learn to be angels themselves.
Angels are meeting devils in disguise as women..

1 Like

Re: Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? by cassidy1996(m): 9:34pm On May 20, 2021
Yes it does
Re: Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? by FairAdvocate(m): 12:30am On May 21, 2021
Marriage is d coming together of two people...
I have seen two people who came together and went from grass to grace and I have seen otherwise, the bible says he who finds a wife found a good thing.
You have to be with the right people to get it right in life. That is life, so the problem is not the marriage but is it with the right people

1 Like

Re: Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? by LikeAking: 12:50am On May 21, 2021
All of un are so funny.

Marriage has no blessing.

Just marry like that, weda u gt money or not.
Re: Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? by Goldbw122(m): 1:00am On May 21, 2021
Marriage is just like tossing a coin..
Re: Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? by Vision101(m): 1:05am On May 21, 2021
All of you that are painting marriage as evil are you ready to reject the juice in marriage?

Marriage na scam. Marriage na that. You bleep more than those that are married. You love the juice in marriage but you hate the stone in it.

Government should make fornication a capital offence and there will an upsurge in wedding economy or no economy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? by Me20211983: 1:30am On May 21, 2021
Grandmotha and grandfatha lived poor in the city in Jamaica. So they gave up and went to the countryside. Got chickens, built dem a house and raised my parents. They were no longer poor.

If you can live humble, you can have a lot. I see too many of my sistas and brothas starving and living in tight rooms. Why?! Da land be plentiful. Go to the countryside. Learn how to till the land. You can still
educate and raise the babies to succeed in the West, while slowing down life a bit in the bush.

3 Likes

Re: Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:59am On May 21, 2021
Marriage brings liability. Only responsible people that knows how to manage liability involve in it.
Re: Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:08am On May 21, 2021
FairAdvocate:
Marriage is d coming together of two people...
I have seen two people who came together and went from grass to grace and I have seen otherwise, the bible says he who finds a wife found a good thing.
You have to be with the right people to get it right in life. That is life, so the problem is not the marriage but is it with the right people
That means the marriage institution is just a gamble. The wife that you find must be right for it to be a good thing
Re: Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? by Login12: 4:48am On May 21, 2021
Yusufisraelj:
Your argument speaks to the current reality, however I fundamentally think, that everyone is responsible for their reality (experience).

I said this somewhere, let me say it again, a man's life (male or female) is chiefly a representation of:

1. Their mindset

2. Their relationships (the advantageous connections they have)

3. The God factor principle (the spiritual advantages they've secured)

More so when it comes to money there are three levels to this;

1. Poor mindset - poor physical reality

2. Wealthy mindset - poor physical reality

3. Wealthy mindset - wealthy physical reality

To leave level one (1) you must learn to read and learn from those doing well financially, to leave two (2) you must learn to take action and calculated risk in your chosen asset class.

When a man sustains this kind of thinking, I think he should look for an industrious lady and marry to build a better home.

Personally I think marriage is advantageous and brings blessings, the challenge most times, is the willingness of people to pay the required price for the experience they want.

You just won my respect sir

1 Like

Re: Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? by BRATISLAVA: 9:24am On May 21, 2021
Ajibade123:

listen to yourself "a wretched man with thin malnourished children is saying he is blessed" How?? How?? tell me

I never mentioned thin malnourished children. That's your own addition.

And whether we think it's so it not, our children are blessings. Even a mad woman who gives birth values that child above all else.
Re: Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? by BRATISLAVA: 9:25am On May 21, 2021
Vision101:
All of you that are painting marriage as evil are you ready to reject the juice in marriage?

Marriage na scam. Marriage na that. You bleep more than those that are married. You love the juice in marriage but you hate the stone in it.

Government should make fornication a capital offence and there will an upsurge in wedding economy or no economy.

At the least opportunity they will jump into it. Except the ones who are scared of commitment and cannot stay focused for long.

1 Like

Re: Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? by BRATISLAVA: 9:30am On May 21, 2021
TOPCRUISE:

That means the marriage institution is just a gamble. The[b] wife that you find must be right for it to be a good thing[/b]

Therein lies the failure of marriages, the assumption that it lies on the woman. Many bad men are looking for good women to marry, as if that is the solution to their badness that will eventually spoil the marriage.

Finding a wife is a good thing. But you see, keeping her and the marriage aren't solely dependent on her. That is why the two become one. Not the two become woman.

3 Likes

Re: Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? by livingseed: 9:53am On May 21, 2021
Take anything in life: being fit, being able to master an instrument or write a book - none of it comes naturally. You have to work hard often when you don’t feel like it. Really no guaranteed blessing or curse associated with marriage but whatever the people involved make of it.

3 Likes

Re: Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? by Gerrard59(m): 6:02pm On May 23, 2021
Vision101:

The countries where such can be possible are sh!tholes. So much for fornication being made a capital offence

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Marriage Really Bring Blessings As We Have Been Made To Believe? by Belafonte(m): 10:44am On Jun 20, 2021
Too many incompetent people getting married.

Marriage is not the main goal, the goal is to lack for nothing required to live a decent life while raising a family.

I won't be surprised if he felt pressured to marry his long time girlfriend as soon as he got a job.

Getting married without a productive side hustle is a foolishness no man should try in 2021.

It's time for men to leave superstitions behind and trust their instincts in forging their path through life

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

S*x With My Naughty Step-mom 18+ / What Are The Things Men Find Unattractive But Won't Tell Women? / 10 Things To Never Ask Ur Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.