Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Women's Greatest Weapon Over Men; Sitting On A Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women's Greatest Weapon Over Men; Sitting On A Man (1804 Views)

Women Have A Huge Natural Advantage Over Men: Opinion / "Men Are Useless But Everyday Nigerian Women Are Fighting Over Men" / Man Blasts Sexy Slay Queen For Sitting On His Expensive Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women's Greatest Weapon Over Men; Sitting On A Man by cyrux: 5:39am On Aug 27, 2020
It is easy to think in today's world that sexual appeal is a woman's greatest weapon over a man however, while this might control certain men, it works best in households and has little to do with affecting national issues. History has proven that there is a more potent weapon especially when married men and men in power are concerned. This weapon was popularized by the Igbo women when they employed it during the colonial era to end oppressive policies and force politicians and men with guns to run.

Sitting on a Man
When men enact policies and refuse listening to their women, or situations when a man maltreats his wife, the women band together to "war on the man". This became known as "Siting on a Man".

What it basically involves are activities that constantly keeps the man uncomfortable in both his household and in public places. The activities these women will embark on will call more than the wanted negative attention to a man and his family, belittling his struggles as a man before his family, his peers and the public which will then result in scrutiny and ostracism from social interaction and institutions thereby forcing him to reconsider his actions or stance on a particular issue.

These activities includes painting their faces with charcoal and carrying sticks wreathed with Palm fronds, singing and dancing around the homes and offices of the men in question and invading their person space. They'll beat the walls of his home with yam pestles and occasionally tear the roof off his hut, throwing pellets and other items at his hut, including striking and boycotting functions.

It became a thing of record in late October, 1929 when the Women led by Nwanyeruwa employed this tactic to force the British Authority to remove the Warrant Chiefs they had previously installed to govern the people and on some occasions imprisoned them. It also led to the issuance of an official assurance exempting women from paying taxes when they surprised the Warrant Chief by sitting outside the district office for several days.

Its effect was great because while the women did this to the men in question publicly, the wives of this men became uncomfortable and had to carry the grievances of the women outside into their homes and demanded from their husbands to pay attention to the concerns of the community women.

These concerted efforts are no longer found in today's society as the Mikiri societies were demonized as pagan by the British Missionaries thereby taking away the power of women to feel safe to speak up in forums of their own. This relegated their powers in politics as the Colonial missionaries taught them that it was more important to be good Christian wives.

These acts however has not been totally lost. It is still found in subtle forms in homes and relationships when wives and girlfriends refuse to talk to their husbands or boyfriends and/or boycott some conjugal obligations just to get the man to listen or see things their way.

https://www.operanewsapp.com/ng/en/share/detail?news_id=7cae78de758cb323fc8fab94e381b649&news_entry_id=s1adf0817200823en_ng&open_type=tanscoded&request_id=8a5c443c41d66067714963c8ef65ce32cfa199e9&from=publisher

Re: Women's Greatest Weapon Over Men; Sitting On A Man by chinchonglee(m): 5:56am On Aug 27, 2020
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Women's Greatest Weapon Over Men; Sitting On A Man by LawLab247: 6:09am On Aug 27, 2020
Hmm
Re: Women's Greatest Weapon Over Men; Sitting On A Man by skywalker240(m): 6:36am On Aug 27, 2020
Hmm! hmm!
Re: Women's Greatest Weapon Over Men; Sitting On A Man by otipoju(m): 6:57am On Aug 27, 2020
I dey face this situation for but I just dey laugh all the women...den no know sey I get PhD in stubbornness when I am convinced beyond doubt that I am right.
Re: Women's Greatest Weapon Over Men; Sitting On A Man by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 27, 2020
See what a Nigerian is posting early in the morning undecided

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Kneel Down And Proposed To Her Long Time Boyfriend In The Public / . / Help! My Godmother Wants To Date Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.