Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,809 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) (89865 Views)

What Lekki, Lagos State Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) / What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) / Lagos City: What Adeniyi Jones Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Bluntemperor: 10:26pm On Aug 27, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
excuse me you dont know anything about lagos development by your first comment, lagos state doesnt have enough space and land to cater to for the mass migration .over 5 millions cars on lagos roads, over 21millions people of which a lot re destitute constituing nuisance. There can only be sanity if lagos is decongested.
Other states govs too should work to improve economic activities in their respective states.
Lagos can't continue cater for their people while they collect Abuja allocation without doing anything

You are not correct and biased in your analysis.Your last paragraph even makes you naked as a bitter soul.
Who is collecting Allocations? What has Abuja contributed to the Nigerian State? We thought that since the Babangida and his cronies there ran away with June 12,it will be peaceful..a.. haha.Now every day crimes,kidnapping and political jingoism that has made other States at almost crumbling to be begging the Master at FEC Meetings! Tell us the Products and outcome of making Abuja a Capital that Nigerians are proud of except those directly or indirectly having Politicians as friends to share in the cooking jar! We wish Justice Akinola Aguda can come back alive to see what has become your Abuja where Unity of the Country is being watched because of nepotism,tribalism and Corruption.We hope the current Govt can correct and bring it back to normalcy.
In comparison,
Lagos is self-funding-although the issue of how it's resources being utilized is topic for another day.One thing is that you can't carry the Lagos -Lagoon-it is natural,w with its Aquatics splendor!
Lagos is the closest City to Other Nations of the World in the whole West Africa,Africa Continent and Other Continents as a whole.Eko o ni baje...You can come and decongest Lagos and be ready to make huge losses either in terms of Kilometers,Time,Distances, Revenue(Money) and Human Capital Development.
That in consideration,makes White Men wiser whenever in Nigeria! But for you, just receive sense.

2 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by mattfeuter(m): 10:40pm On Aug 27, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
Looks like a ghetto area in Singapore

Not Singapore lol cheesy grin
Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Fexholic(m): 10:54pm On Aug 27, 2020
It amazes me how some people on this platform got through school. Imagine someone saying eko Atlantic is a white elephant project. What a scumberg he must be.

2 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by zomby(m): 10:56pm On Aug 27, 2020
hedonister:
When you hear Bourdillon, chances are that the first thing that comes to mind is the home of former Governor of Lagos state and Leader of APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. He is also known as the Lion of Bourdillon because that is where he lives and the area has long being associated with him.

Bourdillon is one of the areas that make up Ikoyi which is an affluent area in Lagos State.

I took time out to drive almost the stretch of Bourdillon for your viewing pleasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-WfrzsSvCk

@Afam:
In this video I see nothing but a good road For about 8 minutes straight. I was expecting to see structures or buildings (both residential and commercial).
There is absolutely nothing in this video that makes Bourdillon stand out...In fact, I can show you another road leading to an area here in Abuja that looks just like your video.

In a nutshell, I learned nothing about Bourdillon or Ikoyi or Lagos from watching this video.

Not trying to burst your bubble, just expressing my opinion...I hope your next video is much more educational, and not just 8 mins of a black tar road.

2 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by pseudaria: 10:56pm On Aug 27, 2020
Iamgrey5:
@ emboldened

Does Dubai also have the population of Nigeria?

Meanwhile, I am sure that place might look better than your current residence.

And so because it is better than my neighborhood I should celebrate when it is not half as good as Bonny island talkless of Dubai, we have the potential to make our cities just as urbanized and beautiful as Dubai so therefore I will not celebrate mediocrity. ..and by the way that is the home of a drug Baron and corrupt personality so no apologies

1 Like

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by pseudaria: 10:58pm On Aug 27, 2020
techmo:

If anything I have traveled to Most GCC countries, and UK and I can tell you for free Ikoyi, VI, Banana island, Asokoro , Maitamah and Eko Atlantic all have as much infrastructure as you can get in top world class real estate

Either you are suffering from inferiority complex or just an Ipob, regardless you need to travel more

This must be the biggest bullshit I've read this year.

3 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by SpicyMimi(f): 11:03pm On Aug 27, 2020
Ajibel:

Seriously I miss those BRF Flowers and gardens. His successor didn't consider landscaping a priority
At all, instead they are taking off all those beautiful sculptures that beautified our roads...so sad!

1 Like

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Bobby95(m): 11:06pm On Aug 27, 2020
pseudaria:

This must be the biggest bullshit I've read this year.
majority are underexposed. A state goverment built a hosiptal looking like a 4 bedroom duplex and they were all shouting my able governor. Nigeria is not ready for the 21st century i swear

2 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Clothingonline9(m): 11:13pm On Aug 27, 2020
They hate Lagos but if they don’t have there generation in Lagos they are not made

3 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Simi8(m): 11:14pm On Aug 27, 2020
Same pics of desame angle

1 Like

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by ehinmowo: 11:29pm On Aug 27, 2020
Iamgrey5:
@ emboldened

Does Dubai also have the population of Nigeria?

Meanwhile, I am sure that place might look better than your current residence.

Population does not determine development. Neither does size. Those points have been proven zillion times over.

Either his current place of residence is not comparable to Bourdillon or not is immaterial. Stop attacking the messenger and understand the message.

If in an area of 900k+ squares kilometers, about 200 hectares is celebrated as elite area which is not at par with ghettos in some country, then there is a serious problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by ehinmowo: 11:31pm On Aug 27, 2020
Iamgrey5:
How is a Malaysian slum better than this

Slum is actually different from ghetto. Though some people might them as being synonymous. But they are not.

Don't bother showing me internet dictionary. I no get energy.

1 Like

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Hedonisco: 11:42pm On Aug 27, 2020
ebby9z:
Considering the cost of real estate in these places, many of Nigeria's "premium neighbourhoods" are ugly and lack aesthetics.

Our so called "highbrow" areas are nothing but painted roads and apartment buildings, something that's an everyday sight in other countries.

Nigerians REALLY celebrate mediocrity.

These overpriced eyesores are a sad and ever-present reminder of Nigeria's iron-clad matrimony with corruption. Ninety-nine percent of these supposedly high value real estate were/are purchased/built with black money....Political/business corruption, drug dealing, grand fraud, and everything in between. That explains the head turning prices you would hear for properties in these awfully overrated locations.

It's not real market forces at play, so you might see crooks like the Elephant of Bourdillon and his many thieving minions building hundreds of "luxury" apartments in these areas with less than 10% occupancy. And they wouldn't flinch because they aren't depending on or even looking forward to rental income to recoup their 'investment'.

2 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by TruthinAction: 11:44pm On Aug 27, 2020
The person who posted these pictures is probably visiting Lagos for the first time or just coming to town from his village. What is special about the pictures?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 27, 2020
Mchenryfreeman:

Wetin cosine slum and ghetto matter it seems you don't understand English
is this emeribe henry?
Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by BabaRamota1980: 12:08am On Aug 28, 2020
Op stop perambulating Bourdillon and wasting people data with a dead or close to dead video. angry you spent whole day just trespassing. What do you need on Bourdillon? You lost something? angry

1 Like

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by perdollar(m): 12:24am On Aug 28, 2020
okpara avenue in enugu is far better than ds
Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Beautyaddy: 1:03am On Aug 28, 2020
eni4real:
You are comparing a developing Country with a developed Country?? shocked shocked

Are you serious

The Same Singapore that got its Independence two or tree years after Nigeria

What happened to Nigeria that it is not as developed as Singapore
Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by kvngmaxy(m): 1:04am On Aug 28, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Once I heard Bourdillon.... Bullion Van came straight to my mind. grin grin grin
correct guy
Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 1:37am On Aug 28, 2020
ehinmowo:

Slum is actually different from ghetto. Though some people might them as being synonymous. But they are not.

Don't bother showing me internet dictionary. I no get energy.
A ghetto is actually a slum.

They are synonymous even in the most prestigious dictionaries.

2 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by olumide4christ: 1:43am On Aug 28, 2020
Iamgrey5:
You are just in hurry to criticize Lagos because of political affiliations and nothing more.

Didn't I see you praise Obaseki earlier today?

Is Edo now looking like London?

You are very correct on your assertion. He has been a PDP supporter and apologist at least since the 2015 elections.
They are rubbishing Lagos, but they are yet to rubbish their poorly developed PDP states and in addition, their fellow Southerners who have been in charge of their NDDC for 20 years and abandoned 12,000 projects after collecting N5 trillion as allocation within the period under review.
Some Nigerians will never cease to amaze me!

1 Like

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 1:45am On Aug 28, 2020
ehinmowo:

Population does not determine development. Neither does size. Those points have been proven zillion times over.

Either his current place of residence is not comparable to Bourdillon or not is immaterial. Stop attacking the messenger and understand the message.

If in an area of 900k+ squares kilometers, about 200 hectares is celebrated as elite area which is not at par with ghettos in some country, then there is a serious problem.
@ emboldened Population and Financial strength of a Nation (Nation's wealth) determines economic development in a third world country.

Do not make the mistake of comparing Nigeria with countries that have spent centuries improving the productivity of its nation.

And I don't necessarily know where I suggested that Land area have anything to do with development.

1 Like

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by MuttleyLaff: 1:47am On Aug 28, 2020
crackhaus:
Nigeria my Nigeria... this is what is used to represent an affluent area in a country with the resources to compete with Dubai.

Kwantinu celebrating mediocrity oo, no offence to you OP.

GamalNasser:
Cool down there is nothing spectacular about bourdillon , same smelly mosquito filled gutters and rats everywhere , after my home which is not far from bourdillon , bourdillon is where I spend most of my idle evening if I am in Lagos ..Good place to jog and cycle and definitely Lagos best road but not much trust me

GamalNasser:
Trust me the place is a total shit hole
[img]https://s8/images/b11_f4.jpg[/img]
Not a single drop kerb or curb cut in sight, for baby strollers, wheelchair users et cetera, on either side of the overrated Bourdillon Road Ikoyi, Lagos long stretch sidewalk

2 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 1:50am On Aug 28, 2020
olumide4christ:

You are very correct on your assertion. He has been a PDP supporter and apologist at least since the 2015 elections.
They are rubbishing Lagos, but they are yet to rubbish their poorly developed PDP states and in addition, their fellow Southerners who have been in charge of their NDDC for 20 years and abandoned 12,000 projects after collecting N5 trillion as allocation within the period under review.
Some Nigerians will never cease to amaze me!
I wonder oh Bros

These are the same set of people that would praise pictures of ordinary two story buildings in Nnewi, Okrika and rest of the patches of developed areas in the eastern end of the country but are quick to condemn places in Lagos that are even looking better and more organized than the patches of development in the east.

3 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 1:53am On Aug 28, 2020
Beautyaddy:

Are you serious

The Same Singapore that got its Independence two or tree years after Nigeria

What happened to Nigeria that it is not as developed as Singapore
Singapore which is city state with particularly one leader since independence.
Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by olumide4christ: 1:53am On Aug 28, 2020
Fexholic:
It amazes me how some people on this platform got through school. Imagine someone saying eko Atlantic is a white elephant project. What a scumberg he must be.

A large proportion of people on this platform are not really schooled...so don't find it strange. Their level of reasoning & self-esteem proves it.
You know, having a smartphone and being able to access the internet these days doesn't really need any form of tertiary education.

1 Like

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by chijokz(m): 2:01am On Aug 28, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
Looks like a ghetto area in Singapore
Exactly! No disrespect to the OP, but when I see pics and videos or hear some Nigerians use the word luxury, affluent, etc when referring to Ikoyi, VI, or Lekki, It's due to the lack of exposure to the true definition of luxury and affluence from an international perspective.

1 Like

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Kingbuhari(m): 2:20am On Aug 28, 2020
crackhaus:
Nigeria my Nigeria... this is what is used to represent an affluent area in a country with the resources to compete with Dubai.

Kwantinu celebrating mediocrity oo, no offence to you OP.
I wonder ooooo, the thing even tire me, if u are privilege enough to visits country like UAE and others and return to Nigeria, u will knw Nigeria is still undeveloped village and u will be wondering where was Nigeria when others were developing

2 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by GamalNasser: 2:38am On Aug 28, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

[img]https://s8/images/b11_f4.jpg[/img]
Not a single drop kerb or curb cut in sight, for baby strollers, wheelchair users et cetera, on either side of the overrated Bourdillon Road Ikoyi, Lagos long stretch sidewalk

Not a single one bro ..I actually sprained my foot when I missed my step off a side kerb there

2 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by AerialMapper: 4:38am On Aug 28, 2020
lastclaire4:

Who says Katampe extension dont have overheads? You dont see so many because it is not as busy as Ikoyi. Katampe with empty houses.

Send me a picture of an overhead wire in Katampe extension. Note the word extension
Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by dangoteinlaw: 5:21am On Aug 28, 2020
As a lagosian myself I will tell you lagos is thr worst place, its sure living innits past glory and honestly I'm even trying to understand how that past glory started. Like this I'm planning to move to either abuja or my state self coz i hate dirty lifestyles

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Visa-free Countries For Nigerian Citizens / Pls Which Country Can I Travel To With ₦1.5 Million To Hustle? / Visa Requirements For Dubai?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.