Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) (89783 Views)

What Lekki, Lagos State Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) / What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) / Lagos City: What Adeniyi Jones Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 8:28pm On Aug 27, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
saying rubbish with confidence. Bourdilon, parkview banana island, vi, Gerrard ,Osborne e.t.c was a surrounded by bush in 1990s. Urbanization of that axis started in early 2000. Lagos infrastructures is stretched due to mass migration to the tiny state, despite this fact it didnt stop lagos from progressing.
Except you re mischevious you can't compare lagos of 1990s early 2000s to this present lagos.there is massive infrastructural development compare to then
So u wanna compare Lagos with Abuja now?
Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 8:29pm On Aug 27, 2020
Shattuck:
I don't need the history you made reference to dubai's population as the reason for their development, that's why I made reference to nations with more population, south Africa and Nigeria are not in the same class of development please Nigeria is way behind abeg
@ emboldened What part of my post suggested this sir?

I am glad you are making my point for me tho.

2 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by tareigns(m): 8:29pm On Aug 27, 2020
majamajic:

The costliest house on that road is owned by easterner , besides lagos is collective efforts , talk about your state

Please what's the easterners name?

2 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by majamajic(m): 8:31pm On Aug 27, 2020
tareigns:

Please what's the easterners name?

Go verify , not one but 1st and second

1 Like

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Shattuck(m): 8:32pm On Aug 27, 2020
Rossinky:

What is that '''great standard of things outside Nigeria''?

Is everywhere outside Nigeria like Germany?

Is there no poverty in Brazil?

Is there no poverty in China?

Should I start posting images of slums in those two countries?

We will spend all night here.

You people have the worst inferiority complex I've seen of any African people.

This is why you have bankers and graduates leaving their jobs to go and work as slaves in Libya, and get thrown dog food to eat. This idea that everywhere else is ''better'' than Nigeria.

Disgusting people.
for a start a nation without electricity, do you even have a stadium, how many standard recreation parks do you have, do you even have a standard uni with modern infrastructure bros there are more areas I am not a pessimist, neither do I have a complex issue little things like landscape architecture tells a lot about urbanization or proper city planning. Nigeria has so many issues to many to mention, I never said China does not have poor people

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by anonimi: 8:33pm On Aug 27, 2020
IBvoss:
If you really understood my post, you'd see I'm looking at it from another angle. Rather than concerning ourselves with building the tallest skyscraper or developing the most beautiful city in the continent in one area(which is really only useful for tourist purposes), while the remaining areas are all undeveloped areas, we should be focused on making other states and the majority of Nigeria more urban.

Although Lagos is still lacking in many areas if compared to other countries, if all states in Nigeria had the level of urbanization Lagos has today; Security, Transportation Network, Commerce, Roads, Commercial Buildings, Paved Streets, Housing, Real Estate, Electricity, I.C.T, Communication, etc. wouldn't Nigeria be a lot better on average than it is right now? Instead of aiming for something more advanced, I think we should be more focused on the basics as that would raise the level of Nigeria as a whole!

I am not interested in tallest building.
I clearly talked about cleaning and clearing gutters, government schools, clinics, electricity, water, roads etc.
Lagos lacks the very minimum of these things, hence why it is one of the worst places to live, just ahead of war torn cities like Damascus.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by nsilordgmail(m): 8:34pm On Aug 27, 2020
OP u Bleep up to bring this shyt here

5 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by ghuzy01: 8:35pm On Aug 27, 2020
tiger28:
Not impressed.....Check out ORDINARY Gaborone,Botwana or Kigali, Rwanda.
Those one city countries
Try and compare Nigeria with countries that deserve comparison,not those tiny countries not up to the size of Asaba
Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by bigplantainn: 8:36pm On Aug 27, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
Looks like a ghetto area in Singapore
exactly. lol.
Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by jaxxy(m): 8:37pm On Aug 27, 2020
It’s nice bt not spectacular. And not much has changed in the last 10 years.

1 Like

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by tareigns(m): 8:37pm On Aug 27, 2020
majamajic:

Go verify , not one but 1st and second

Smiles....you must be an architect or civil engineer that partook in the construction of those houses for you to have this info. You must have really gone places.

2 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Shattuck(m): 8:38pm On Aug 27, 2020
Iamgrey5:
@ emboldened What part of my post suggested this sir?

I am glad you are making my point for me tho.
in the last sentence of your post you said sa and Nigeria are in the same level of development that's why I contradicted you

3 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 8:38pm On Aug 27, 2020
anonimi:

You should pick up a book and read about the MINT countries:

Mexico
Indonesia
Nigeria
Turkey

before incompetent Barawo Bubu scattered everything in 2015!
So what is about MINT ?.

MINT was just created to Rival Brics and G20

Mint countries don't have similar histories like BRICS countries sir

Mexico have always had a large manufacturering and Tourism industry because of its closeness to the USA

Turkey have always been the the most developed country in the Muslim world since the time of the Ottomans and it's actually a member of NATO

Indonesia is the country with the closest history to Nigeria but it has enjoyed significant growth driven by export of raw materials and Tourism for nearly five decades.

Nigeria imports toothpicks!

4 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 8:40pm On Aug 27, 2020
Shattuck:
in the last sentence of your post you said sa and Nigeria are in the same level of development that's why I contradicted you
Read it again.

1 Like

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Minjim: 8:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
Looks like a ghetto area in Singapore

You don't even know the meaning of ghetto
Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by jrusky(m): 8:43pm On Aug 27, 2020
I can see them talking oh it look like ghetto in Singapore oh it look like ghetto in Malaysia as if those places are thair papa land always pride in another maan's things.

That is why you will see them in Nollywood acting stupid movies with title "Malaysia Don" Malaysia thief" Malaysia returnee" Malaysia idiot" blablabla shits.

If you are upset by my post huge transformer with power.

Brain to hussle but no common sense to apply it.

4 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 8:44pm On Aug 27, 2020
tot:

In that case, people should not attempt to compare its "affluence" with reference to the developed countries. It doesn't measure up at all, that's the honest truth.
I don't think the op was comparing Lagos to Dubai.

He only posted Pictures of what he thought were a bit better than average in Nigeria and some people took exception to that.

3 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by anonimi: 8:46pm On Aug 27, 2020
Iamgrey5:
So what is about MINT ?.

MINT was just created to Rival Brics and G20

Mint countries don't have similar histories like BRICS countries sir

Mexico have always had a large manufacturering and Tourism industry because of its closeness to the USA

Turkey has always being the the most developed country in the Muslim world since the time of the orthmans and it's actually a member of NATO

Indonesia is country with the closest history to Nigeria but it has enjoyed significant growth driven by export of raw materials and Tourism for nearly five decades.

Nigeria imports toothpicks!

What nonsense is that about Nigeria importing toothpicks?
I ask, what nonsense is that?

Nigeria that manufactures drugs, toilet paper, stationery, tyres, batteries, assembled cars, produces Coca-Cola and other nonalcoholic and alcoholic beverages etc?
What is the useless noise about toothpick?

2 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by crackhaus: 8:46pm On Aug 27, 2020
bigfish3k:

Be deceiving your self
Does Lagos have centralized sewage disposal system, centralized cooking gas distribution system, standard waste disposal system, portable water system, 24/7electricity, street lights that always work, good drainage, wide roads with parking space along its stretch, agbero free roads etc.
Let me just stop here because I just don't understand your basis of comparison of Lagos with the first world countries

He was so confident to type the word infrastructure. you can imagine the ignorance.

Overpriced buildings mostly built by people who stole government money, is infrastructure. Lol

9 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by anonimi: 8:49pm On Aug 27, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Name the cities and countries.

Bear in mind that Nigeria is not a first or second world country, neither is Nigeria a very rich country.

I said the medium income area of any city that Lagos wants to be seen as.
So you in your defensive mode, should name just a few of such cities and then we will see how Bourdillon compares with their medium income area.
Got it

2 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 8:53pm On Aug 27, 2020
anonimi:

What nonsense is that about Nigeria importing toothpicks?
I ask, what nonsense is that?

Nigeria that manufactures drugs, toilet paper, stationery, tyres, batteries, assembled cars, produces Coca-Cola and other nonalcoholic and alcoholic beverages etc?
What is the useless noise about toothpick?
@ emboldened

You are obviously not serious

First of all, Nigeria hardly manufactures Battery nor tires as you claim.

Most of the stationaries used in Nigeria are imported from China and India

70% of prescription drugs in Nigeria are imported from India and south east Asia countries

Almost every country in the world manufactures carbonated drink

And how many people can actually afford the cars assembled in Nigeria?

Please do not Compare Nigeria to other Mint countries.

3 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by jrusky(m): 8:53pm On Aug 27, 2020
Nothing in life pleases them but if it concern our region oh it is so good oh its so beautiful but when it comcern other region oh it is bad or its slum oh its ghetto.

Nothing in life give them joy and 2023 presidency must be given to them as if its chinchin and sweet given to kids going to school.

Pls I'm out here just returned from office don't want to be upset this evening.

3 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Rossinky: 8:53pm On Aug 27, 2020
Shattuck:
for a start a nation without electricity, do you even have a stadium, how many standard recreation parks do you have, do you even have a standard uni with modern infrastructure bros there are more areas I am not a pessimist, neither do I have a complex issue little things like landscape architecture tells a lot about urbanization or proper city planning. Nigeria has so many issues to many to mention, I never said China does not have poor people

Nigeria is a developing nation like 80% of nations on earth.

Get that simple fact into your thick skull.

It is nothing to be ashamed about, or to run down the nation online about.

We have some GOOD universities for a developing nation.

What do you mean ''do you even have a stadium''? Err yes we have loads of stadiums in Nigeria.

And you are LYING when you say we have ''no electricity''.

Having power cuts does not mean you have ''no electricity''.

SO STOP LYING.

Most developing nations experience regular power cuts, especially larger nations like India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia etc.

It takes DECADES to build power infrastructure sufficient for 100s of millions of people.

The day you people rid yourselves of inferiority complex will be a great day in heaven.

5 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Ajibel(m): 8:55pm On Aug 27, 2020
SpicyMimi:
Okay, I miss Fashola’s regime, no more beautiful gardens and infrastructures in Lagos like previous years.

By the way, we have new cooooooool polos and other clothings for Men! 100% cotton! And extremely affordable... 50% discount off! Kindly check my profile for pics and prices.

Seriously I miss those BRF Flowers and gardens. His successor didn't consider landscaping a priority
Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by monfizzy(m): 8:55pm On Aug 27, 2020
techmo:

If anything I have traveled to Most GCC countries, and UK and I can tell you for free Ikoyi, VI, Banana island, Asokoro , Maitamah and Eko Atlantic all have as much infrastructure as you can get in top world class real estate

Either you are suffering from inferiority complex or just an Ipob, regardless you need to travel more

As a resident of London and widely travelled around the U.K. and conversant with Ikoyi and VI I find it demeaning to Great Britain to compare it with anywhere in Nigeria moreso anywhere in slum Lagos. Be guided please.

6 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by tareigns(m): 8:55pm On Aug 27, 2020
First off, topic is Ikoyi, not lagos.... Secondly,let me tell you guys about some things you have to know about the houses there in ikoyi. About 85% of the houses there are either old or refurbished but trust me, if you have the opportunity to go into some of those compounds, you would marvel at their architectural magnificence. Julius Berger built/ refurbished almost all the houses there o so think about that. Those rich guys won't build sky scrappers embedded with stained glass and stones for you guys na, everyone don wise. Nothing like all eyes on me again. I now understand what most of you take as development... "Flashiness". It's a pity though cos if na by flashiness, Kuwait money no go get levos pass some other world currencies.

2 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 8:55pm On Aug 27, 2020
anonimi:

I said the medium income area of any city that Lagos wants to be seen as.
So you in your defensive mode, should name just a few of such cities and then we will see how Bourdillon compares with their medium income area.
Got it
You are just in hurry to criticize Lagos because of political affiliations and nothing more.

Didn't I see you praise Obaseki earlier today?

Is Edo now looking like London?

2 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by anonimi: 8:57pm On Aug 27, 2020
Iamgrey5:
@ emboldened

You are obviously not serious

First of all, Nigeria hardly manufactures Battery nor tires as you claim.

Most of Nigerian stationary is imported from China and India

70% of prescription drugs in Nigeria are imported from India and south east Asia countries

Almost every country in the world manufactures carbonated drink

And how people can afford the cars assembled in Nigeria?

Please do not Compare Nigeria to other Mint countries.

You have not heard of Exide Batteries in Ibadan?
Leyland, Peugeot, Volkswagen, Mercedes Benz, Steyr assembly plants?
Dunlop and Michelin factories?
Emzor pharmaceuticals?

And you have the effrontery to parrot a useless minister’s justification for his incompetence, that we import toothpick. Are you for real

3 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Ajibel(m): 8:58pm On Aug 27, 2020
fredylee:
Calling on our ever listening Governor Sanwo-Olu to restore the street lights that disappeared after Ambode's departure.

Tweet at @lseb_gov. They'll attend to you sir

2 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by passiveincome01: 8:58pm On Aug 27, 2020
HMmm
Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by tot(f): 8:59pm On Aug 27, 2020
Iamgrey5:
I don't think the op was comparing Lagos to Dubai.

He only posted Pictures of what he thought were a bit better than average in Nigeria and some people took exception to that.

One of the earlier comments made mention of Lagos being at par with what is found in other countries, even mentioning GCC countries.

We need to be honest with ourselves to grow as a nation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by anonimi: 9:00pm On Aug 27, 2020
Iamgrey5:
You are just in hurry to criticize Lagos because of political affiliations and nothing more.

Did I see you praise Obaseki earlier today.

Is Edo looking like London?

This thread is not about Edo.
I have not said that Lagos is like London.
You have said that it is not a first world country and city. So give us the global cities to compare it with. Simple.
Your lacklustre attempt to divert attention and change the narrative has failed woefully!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Visa-free Countries For Nigerian Citizens / Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family / Moving Back To Nigeria From USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.