Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,908 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) (89786 Views)

What Lekki, Lagos State Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) / What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) / Lagos City: What Adeniyi Jones Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by tot(f): 9:01pm On Aug 27, 2020
monfizzy:

As a resident of London and widely travelled around the U.K. and conversant with Ikoyi and VI I find it demeaning to Great Britain to compare it with anywhere in Nigeria moreso anywhere in slum Lagos. Be guided please.

That dude likely hasn't gone past MMIA, cos no one who has truly visited the UK and the GCC countries would make such an ignorant statement.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by monfizzy(m): 9:02pm On Aug 27, 2020
The entire Lagos is a slum and inhabitable compared to cities in developed countries. Big houses with poor drainage system and dirty borehole water makes Lagos a slum

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 9:02pm On Aug 27, 2020
anonimi:

You have not heard of Exide Batteries in Ibadan?
Leyland, Peugeot, Volkswagen, Mercedes Benz, Steyr assembly plants?
Dunlop and Michelin factories?
Emzor pharmaceuticals?

And you have the effrontery to parrot a useless minister’s justification for his incompetence, that we import toothpick. Are you for real
Have you heard that Exade batteries have stopped manufacturing for years now?

I am from Ibadan so I know.

Same as Leyland, Dunlop and Michellie

Do you know asides from Paracetamol and minor pain killers, Nigeria actually import Tablets for ordinary Malaria?

Stop being a kid bro.

3 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 9:04pm On Aug 27, 2020
tot:

One of the earlier comments made mention of Lagos being at par with what is found in other countries, even mentioning GCC countries.

We need to be honest with ourselves to grow as a nation.
That was not the op maam

The first person to compare Lagos to Dubai on this thread criticized Lagos.
Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by anonimi: 9:04pm On Aug 27, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Have you heard that Exade batteries have stopped manufacturing for years now?

I am from Ibadan so I know.

Same as Leyland, Dunlop and Michellie

Do you know asides from Paracetamol and minor pain killers, Nigeria actually import Tablets for ordinary Malaria?

Stop being a kid bro.

You are the toddler here with your baseless nonsense about toothpick imports.
If you don’t retract that, it shows how unserious you are.

3 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Omoslim26: 9:04pm On Aug 27, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
Looks like a ghetto area in Singapore

the fact dat you do not like someone does not mean you should tell lies even to yourself how on earth does dat place looks like a slum

1 Like

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 9:05pm On Aug 27, 2020
anonimi:

This thread is not about Edo.
I have not said that Lagos is like London.
You have said that it is not a first world country and city. So give us the global cities to compare it with. Simple.
Your lacklustre attempt to divert attention and change the narrative has failed woefully!
Of course it is not about any PDP state but Lagos because of Tinubu.

Lagos is the only state in Nigeria.

Hypocritical much!

2 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 9:06pm On Aug 27, 2020
anonimi:

You are the toddler here with your baseless nonsense about toothpick imports.
If you don’t retract that, it shows how unserious you are.
Nigeria imports Toothpicks and Matches

I thought you were smart enough to know that.

2 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by anonimi: 9:08pm On Aug 27, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Nigeria imports Toothpicks and Matches

I thought you were smart enough to know that.

Because toothpicks and matches are not made here?

3 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by IBvoss(m): 9:08pm On Aug 27, 2020
anonimi:

I am not interested in tallest building.
I clearly talked about cleaning and clearing gutters, government schools, clinics, electricity, water, roads etc.
Lagos lacks the very minimum of these things, hence why it is one of the worst places to live, just ahead of war torn cities like Damascus.

Hahaha, It's so easy to look at Lagos weak points and compare it to other bad or great cities abroad but what you've failed to realize is that those studies and reports that rank cities worldwide didn't include any other place. To them, Lagos may be the worst city in the world, but the other so-called 'cities' in the country are so bad they aren't even qualified to be mentioned at all. Let that sink in very well...

3 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 9:09pm On Aug 27, 2020
anonimi:

Because toothpicks and matches are not made here?
See for yourself
https://dailytrust.com/nigeria-spent-n26m-importing-toothpick-from-china-germany

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 27, 2020
Sholaco:
if he ever thief your lazy pathetic father's money grin

Mumu go and read for your waec

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by anonimi: 9:14pm On Aug 27, 2020
Iamgrey5:
See for yourself

https://dailytrust.com/nigeria-spent-n26m-importing-toothpick-from-china-germany

I see that you don’t understand simple English.
I asked if we import because we don’t manufacture?
We import beers and other beverages, while we still produce here.

Nigeria has manufacturing capacity to make minister Onu’s claim about importing toothpicks a useless lie to cover up for his incompetence and stealing.

Meanwhile that does not mean that we were not in the league of Mexico, Indonesia and Turkey by 2015.
That is the focus of all these.

2 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Nitah1: 9:14pm On Aug 27, 2020
IamWonderful:
People from the poverty capital of the south have started venting hatred, bitterness and frustration on the place like it was bourdillion that make their land prone to erosion desecration
Where are the Tinubu haters?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by maak400: 9:15pm On Aug 27, 2020
IamWonderful:
People from the poverty capital of the south have started venting hatred, bitterness and frustration on the place like it was bourdillion that make their land prone to erosion desecration
Chai see upper cut, I like how you give it to these potor potor erosion people

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Dextre(m): 9:16pm On Aug 27, 2020
crackhaus:
Nigeria my Nigeria... this is what is used to represent an affluent area in a country with the resources to compete with Dubai.

Kwantinu celebrating mediocrity oo, no offence to you OP.

Nutin but mediocrity...utter nonsense,dem dey show us road. Rubbish!

3 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by anonimi: 9:16pm On Aug 27, 2020
IBvoss:
Hahaha, It's so easy to look at Lagos weak points and compare it to other bad or great cities abroad but what you've failed to realize is that those studies and reports that rank cities worldwide didn't include any other place. To them, Lagos may be the worst city in the world, but the other so-called 'cities' in the country are so bad they aren't even qualified to be mentioned at all. Let that sink in very well...

There were 140 cities, Lagos came ahead of Damascus.
Why should we limit ourselves to Nigerian cities when Tinubu and his proxy governors talk about world standard bus stops? Why should we

3 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by BigIyanga: 9:16pm On Aug 27, 2020
IamWonderful:
Typical Naija response... from ewarriors that have never visited passport office. Check street view of nations’ capitals like Kigali, Cairo, Algiers, cape town.. To you everything is hate and politics...but ur political elite and leaders dont even like to live your heaven city for more than 2wks untill Covid19 forced them

3 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Rossinky: 9:20pm On Aug 27, 2020
monfizzy:

As a resident of London and widely travelled around the U.K. and conversant with Ikoyi and VI I find it demeaning to Great Britain to compare it with anywhere in Nigeria moreso anywhere in slum Lagos. Be guided please.

SHUT UP THERE. There are MANY parts of Nigeria that look better than many parts of Britain.

Abuja

London:

I DON'T EXPECT YOU TO APOLOGISE FOR THE INACCURATE AND NASTY COMMENT YOU MADE, SINCE YOU'RE FULL OF INFERIORITY COMPLEX AND SLAVE MENTALITY, AND ARE VERY LIKELY UPSET WE SHOWED YOU IMAGES FROM NIGERIA THAT ARE BETTER THAN YOUR ENGLISH ABODE.

3 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Bobby95(m): 9:21pm On Aug 27, 2020
Iamgrey5:
@ emboldened

Does Dubai also have the population of Nigeria?

Meanwhile, I am sure that place might look better than your current residence.
Since when did population become a problem?

1 Like

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by IBvoss(m): 9:22pm On Aug 27, 2020
anonimi:

There were 140 cities, Lagos came ahead of Damascus.
Why should we limit ourselves to Nigerian cities when Tinubu and his proxy governors talk about world standard bus stops? Why should we

You're still not getting it. The truth is that no matter how bad it is, Lagos is still seen as the no.1 city in Nigeria. My point is that rather than shouting how bad Lagos is compared to others, you should be more concerned that your cities are worse than 'terrible' Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 9:27pm On Aug 27, 2020
anonimi:

I see that you don’t understand simple English.
I asked if we import because we don’t manufacture?
We import beers and other beverages, while we still produce here.

Nigeria has manufacturing capacity to make minister Onu’s claim about importing toothpicks a useless lie to cover up for his incompetence and stealing.

Meanwhile that does not mean that we were not in the league of Mexico, Indonesia and Turkey by 2015.
That is the focus of all these.
Which beer or beverages do you spend billions of naira importing.

And please tell me about the tooth pick factories in Nigeria. Since you are so sure we manufacture it in millions in Nigeria.

And yes we were never in the league of Turkey, Mexico and Indonesia in 2015 as we imported nearly 70% of what we consumed as a nation.

2 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Rossinky: 9:28pm On Aug 27, 2020
Bobby95:

Since it became harder to feed 100 people with 1 million naira than it is to freed 10 people with the same amount.

Mosquito brain!!!!

1 Like

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 9:28pm On Aug 27, 2020
Bobby95:
Since when majority of the population is unproductive.

1 Like

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Bobby95(m): 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2020
Rossinky:

Since it became harder to feed 100 people with 1 million naira than it is to freed 10 people with the same amount.

Mosquito brain!!!!
A country dat knows what they are doing population is neva d problem. Is Nigeria more populated than China, usa, brazil? Are they not excelling

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by anonimi: 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2020
IBvoss:
You're still not getting it. The truth is that no matter how bad it is, Lagos is still seen as the no.1 city in Nigeria. My point is that rather than shouting how bad Lagos is compared to others, you should be more concerned that your cities are worse than 'terrible' Lagos.

Which my cities?
How do you know that I am not a tax paying Lagosian? Are you a witch

3 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by kabukabu50(m): 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2020
Dont compare Lagos with London ever.

Even all Nigerian Presidents including the empty vessel that you people elected would never dare to be treated in any hospital in Lagos.

They all fly to London and other foreign capitals.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Icon79(m): 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2020
All these stupid Naija video bloggers. How can you be taking pictures of streets without any sorts of discussion regarding what the viewers are looking at and what makes it prominent??

And by the way, someone needs to take them to the Magnificent Mile (Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL) so they can see what a beautiful street looks like.

O pari

4 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by oshionelecky: 9:54pm On Aug 27, 2020
Mchenryfreeman:

Wetin cosine slum and ghetto matter it seems you don't understand English

Guy just rest. That Iamgrey5 really finish you.

2 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Jimbadly: 9:56pm On Aug 27, 2020
I hate the fact that the kerbs are always painted black and white, no creativity at all. So disgusting!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by humilitypays(m): 10:17pm On Aug 27, 2020
crackhaus:
Nigeria my Nigeria... this is what is used to represent an affluent area in a country with the resources to compete with Dubai.

Kwantinu celebrating mediocrity oo, no offence to you OP.
It is really heartbreaking to read this my brother.

Every country produces leaders that reflect its population angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Visa-free Countries For Nigerian Citizens / Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family / Moving Back To Nigeria From USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.