Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,002 members, 7,814,416 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) (89795 Views)

What Lekki, Lagos State Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) / What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) / Lagos City: What Adeniyi Jones Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Rossinky: 8:03pm On Aug 27, 2020
anonimi:

Infrastructure like the supply of electricity, water, clean and clear gutters, gardens and green spaces, most children in government schools

In ALL THOSE AREAS, Lagos has IMPROVED since 1960.

Do you realise Nigeria did not have its first power plant till 1964 after independence? Kainji Dam.

There was no electricity on Lagos mainland before independence. The British imported industrial generators to power Ikoyi and other 'G.R.A.'s across the country where their own people were staying. The rest of Nigeria used candle and lantern. No one could afford generators assuming they actually had wiring in their homes which was very rare.

You disgruntled youths of today have NO IDEA how far we have come.

Keep typing garbage online.

5 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by lastclaire4(f): 8:04pm On Aug 27, 2020
Femsyn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhPI38MJ1tg

Not to burst anyone's bubbles. Attached is a virtual tour of Toronto, ON.

Compare and make your conclusion.

Personally, I saw a couple of places there that looks exactly like Marina, Lagos.
Comparing Bourdillon to slums in some Countries is quite overreaching.

There's YouTube to view these cities virtually, without stepping foot.

Great cities by the way.
Dont mind them, people always show hatred when it is not their region or state. I dont know where they have been to in the countries they mentioned. T

2 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by marylandcakes: 8:04pm On Aug 27, 2020
I was expecting something more outstanding than what the op showed. Nothing special the painted black and white paving stones is an overkill.

5 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by anonimi: 8:05pm On Aug 27, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Name the cities and countries.

Bear in mind that Nigeria is not a first or second word country, neither is Nigeria a very rich country.

Still being defensive about the mediocrity of Lagos trash life?

5 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Shattuck(m): 8:07pm On Aug 27, 2020
crackhaus:
Nigeria my Nigeria... this is what is used to represent an affluent area in a country with the resources to compete with Dubai.

Kwantinu celebrating mediocrity oo, no offence to you OP.
I tell you bros even the so called banana island is just like every other neighborhood even in south Africa but here we hype shit, the entire nation is a ghetto whether we accept it or not

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 8:07pm On Aug 27, 2020
anonimi:

Still being defensive about the mediocrity of Lagos trash life?
Nigeria is amongst the poorest countries in the world, yet you expect its most congested city to look exactly like best locations in rich first world countries.

Isn't that a joke

2 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by IamWonderful: 8:07pm On Aug 27, 2020
macaranta:

Do you own a house in Lagos?
Yes I own a house in Lagos State

1 Like

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Crownstar01: 8:08pm On Aug 27, 2020
IBvoss:

If you're smart you'd probably know I was talking about states in Nigeria and not Internationally and as I said before, Lagos is not perfect. Its poor waste management and drainage system is one of its weak points.
Refrain from quoting me. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by lastclaire4(f): 8:09pm On Aug 27, 2020
Propsvilla:

You can't tell me about Lagos Development
I know what I am talking about
Lagos is supposed to be above where it is today no matter the population. The City represent average Nigeria City without proper physical planning and maintenance

Mention the city in Nigeria with proper planning.
Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Crownstar01: 8:09pm On Aug 27, 2020
Shattuck:
I tell you bros even the so called banana island is just like every other neighborhood even in south Africa but here we hype shit, the entire nation is a ghetto whether we accept it or not
Exactly. Let the dude go to any city in Japan and see how it looks.

5 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by lastclaire4(f): 8:10pm On Aug 27, 2020
techmo:

If anything I have traveled to Most GCC countries, and UK and I can tell you for free Ikoyi, VI, Banana island, Asokoro , Maitamah and Eko Atlantic all have as much infrastructure as you can get in top world class real estate

Either you are suffering from inferiority complex or just an Ipob, regardless you need to travel more

Gbam!!

1 Like

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Shattuck(m): 8:13pm On Aug 27, 2020
Iamgrey5:
@ emboldened

Does Dubai also have the population of Nigeria?

Meanwhile, I am sure that place might look better than your current residence.
does Nigeria have the population of China or Brazil people like you are the reason why Nigeria can hardly improve, I guess you don't even know about the standard of things outside Nigeria,that why you are used to mediocrity.

9 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by ebby9z(m): 8:13pm On Aug 27, 2020
Considering the cost of real estate in these places, many of Nigeria's "premium neighbourhoods" are ugly and lack aesthetics.

Our so called "highbrow" areas are nothing but painted roads and apartment buildings, something that's an everyday sight in other countries.

Nigerians REALLY celebrate mediocrity.

5 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by sirp9898(m): 8:13pm On Aug 27, 2020
Yeloba ana lagos this tired me so no other city they can boast of expect this our former capital they can proud of tufiakwa
Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Rossinky: 8:14pm On Aug 27, 2020
afroxyz:

Please just shatap

No, YOU shut up. Ignorant dunce.

Mr ''everywhere is better than Nigeria''.

This is how you imbec.ile.s fuill of self-hate and inferiority complex end up as slaves in Libya snd Lebanon, and start begging the same Nigeria you trash daily to come and rescue you.

2 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by anonimi: 8:14pm On Aug 27, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Nigeria is amongst the poorest countries in the world, yet you expect its most congested city to look exactly like best locations in rich first world countries.

Isn't that a joke

Who talked about the best locations?
How did middle income translate into best locations in the rich first world countries?
The joke is on you.

A city of less than 10 million (2006 census), that claims to be 20 million but no metro or light rail, and you are still talking?

Is Addis Ababa in a rich first world country?
Or Bangkok?
Or Kuala Lumpur?

Stop embarrassing yourself with your joke.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by tareigns(m): 8:14pm On Aug 27, 2020
Crownstar01:
I have nothing to prove here but meet me in person, then you know that I have lived abroad, in world class cities. Lagos is not a world class city. Not even in top 50.

You were the one that started the so called " been to a place" discussion. Just know that when you start something, be ready to go through with it. You guys just shifted the whole ikoyi issue to a Lagos as a whole issue.... What up with that.... Oh and if you have traveled far and wide, you should know better than to engage yourself in these "obviously tribalistic" topics. Leave the fools with their folly

1 Like

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 8:17pm On Aug 27, 2020
Shattuck:
does Nigeria have the population of China or Brazil people like you are the reason why Nigeria can hardly improve, I guess you don't even know about the standard of things outside Nigeria,that why you are used to mediocrity.
Is Brazil same with Nigeria?

Have you picked up a book to read the history of the BRICS countries?

Brazil

China

India

South Africa are not the mate of Nigeria in anything when it comes to development.

1 Like

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by anonimi: 8:17pm On Aug 27, 2020
ebby9z:
Considering the cost of real estate in these places, many of Nigeria's "premium neighbourhoods" are ugly and lack aesthetics.

Our so called "highbrow" areas are nothing but painted roads and apartment buildings, something that's an everyday sight in other countries.

Nigerians REALLY celebrate mediocrity.

Is it not sad?
We truly deserve our leaders, or more appropriately our looters!

3 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by anonimi: 8:19pm On Aug 27, 2020
Iamgrey5:

Have you picked up a book to read the history of of the BRICS countries?

Brazil

China

India

South Africa are the mate of Nigeria in anything when it comes to development.

You should pick up a book and read about the MINT countries:

Mexico
Indonesia
Nigeria
Turkey

before incompetent Barawo Bubu scattered everything in 2015!

5 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Shattuck(m): 8:20pm On Aug 27, 2020
techmo:

If anything I have traveled to Most GCC countries, and UK and I can tell you for free Ikoyi, VI, Banana island, Asokoro , Maitamah and Eko Atlantic all have as much infrastructure as you can get in top world class real estate

Either you are suffering from inferiority complex or just an Ipob, regardless you need to travel more

keep quite bros make shame dey catch you talking about infrastructure, do you count private homes of individuals with stolen wealth as infrastructure? how many public infrastructure are there, how many standard public parks or beautiful sporting facilities or landscape architecture are there you know nothing bros

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Rossinky: 8:21pm On Aug 27, 2020
Shattuck:

What is that '''great standard of things outside Nigeria''?

Is everywhere outside Nigeria like Germany?

Is there no poverty in Brazil?

Is there no poverty in China?

Should I start posting images of slums in those two countries?

We will spend all night here.

You people have the worst inferiority complex I've seen in any African people.

This is why you have bankers and graduates leaving Nigeria to go and work as slaves in Libya, and get thrown dog food to eat. This idea that everywhere else is ''better'' than Nigeria.

Disgusting people.

Meanwhile, the Chinese, Indians, and Lebanese are all rushing into Nigeria to make it big.

They see the value in this country, unlike......you.

Tufia.

4 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Crownstar01: 8:21pm On Aug 27, 2020
tareigns:

You were the one that started the so called " been to a place" discussion. Just know that when you start something, be ready to go through with it. You guys just shifted the whole ikoyi issue to a Lagos as a whole issue.... What up with that.... Oh and if you have traveled far and wide, you should know better than to engage yourself in these "obviously tribalistic" topics. Leave the fools with their folly
Thanks brother. I'm done arguing with retarde.d people overhyping Lagos.
Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 8:22pm On Aug 27, 2020
anonimi:

Who talked about the best locations?
How did middle income translate into best locations in the rich first world countries?
The joke is on you.

A city of less than 10 million (2006 census), that claims to be 20 million but no metro or light rail, and you are still talking?

Is Addis Ababa in a rich first world country?
Or Bangkok?
Or Kuala Lumpur?

Stop embarrassing yourself with your joke.
So the metro train is what makes a city developed all of a sudden?

Regardless, you listed the capital cities of countries, all those cities enjoy multi billion dollars investment from their country's respective federal governments

Meanwhile, Lagos is already developing a Metro line
Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by majamajic(m): 8:23pm On Aug 27, 2020
IamWonderful:
People from the poverty capital of the south have started venting hatred, bitterness and frustration on the place like it was bourdillion that make their land prone to erosion desecration

The costliest house on that road is owned by easterner , besides lagos is collective efforts , talk about your state

1 Like

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Shattuck(m): 8:24pm On Aug 27, 2020
Iamgrey5:

Have you picked up a book to read the history of of the BRICS countries?

Brazil

China

India

South Africa are the mate of Nigeria in anything when it comes to development.

I don't need the history you made reference to dubai's population as the reason for their development, that's why I made reference to nations with more population, south Africa and Nigeria are not in the same class of development please Nigeria is way behind abeg

4 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Shattuck(m): 8:25pm On Aug 27, 2020
Crownstar01:
Exactly. Let the dude go to any city in Japan and see how it looks.
true
Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by IBvoss(m): 8:26pm On Aug 27, 2020
anonimi:

Why limit yourself to states in Nigeria, when the government keeps building things to world standard?
Does your limitation make sense

If you really understood my post, you'd see I'm looking at it from another angle. Rather than concerning ourselves with building the tallest skyscraper or developing the most beautiful city in the continent in one area(which is really only useful for tourist purposes), while the remaining areas are all undeveloped areas, we should be focused on making other states and the majority of Nigeria more urban.

Although Lagos is still lacking in many areas if compared to other countries, if all states in Nigeria had the level of urbanization Lagos has today; Security, Transportation Network, Commerce, Roads, Commercial Buildings, Paved Streets, Housing, Real Estate, Electricity, I.C.T, Communication, etc. wouldn't Nigeria be a lot better on average than it is right now? Instead of aiming for something more advanced, I think we should be more focused on the basics as that would raise the level of Nigeria as a whole!

1 Like

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by tareigns(m): 8:26pm On Aug 27, 2020
Crownstar01:
Thanks brother. I'm done arguing with retarde.d people overhyping Lagos.

You are ok. May your creator be with you.
Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 8:27pm On Aug 27, 2020
IamWonderful:
People from the poverty capital of the south have started venting hatred, bitterness and frustration on the place like it was bourdillion that make their land prone to erosion desecration

You're not wonderful... please change ur name.
I'm sure u haven't been to the south

4 Likes

Re: What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by tot(f): 8:28pm On Aug 27, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Name the cities and countries.

Bear in mind that Nigeria is not a first or second world country, neither is Nigeria a very rich country.

In that case, people should not attempt to compare its "affluence" with reference to the developed countries. It doesn't measure up at all, that's the honest truth.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Visa-free Countries For Nigerian Citizens / Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family / Moving Back To Nigeria From USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.