Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,633 members, 7,958,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:44 AM

How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination (56859 Views)

Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? / Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. / Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Samfloxin(m): 4:50pm On Sep 13, 2020
wunmi590:

My story is not for everybody, I'm just here to let people know my ordeal.

My reason for posting this is not to garner cheap like, but to let people know that even where people think they would find solace, they are being rejected there too.

If you like believe or not, I'm not here to force it on you.

Have a nice day
Your story is not real. So you were always online waiting for the WhatsApp call,? Are you sure you are not a bomboclat Muslim trying to tarnish the image of Christianity?
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 13, 2020
benjijosh:

If this is true or not, I don’t really care. I have seen people lose opportunities cos of their religion which isn’t fair enough or should I shy away from that fact?

My point was stated clearly in the second paragraph of my comment. What follows is just sympathy/motivation for a fellow human. Critical thinkers yeah?!!!!

Lies is very bad. I hate a liar more than a thief.

She or he didn't need to use a lie to pass a message. This is not only lie but slander and deformation of character.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Olafisoyem: 4:51pm On Sep 13, 2020
wunmi590:

My reason for posting this is not to garner cheap like, but to let people know that even where people think they would find solace, they are being rejected there too.

Have a nice day

Boss cheap likes are exactly what you’re getting from people who can’t think deep or ask questions. You’re discouraging people and not giving them anything to learn from asides the fact that hope is lost.

What job was it?

What organisation?

Where is it based?

What was the role of the job?

This will help us understand the motives of the interviewer and why they don’t want catholic’s.

Before then we can only assume they are silly but we don’t know for sure.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 13, 2020
Samfloxin:

Your story is not real. So you were always online waiting for the WhatsApp call,? Are you sure you are not a bomboclat Muslim trying to tarnish the image of Christianity?

He or she can't even give out the name and contact of the organization. Why?
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Samfloxin(m): 4:52pm On Sep 13, 2020
ATTAHDYE:
You can make a case of discrimination on the basis of faith. Hope you recorded the call, even if you didn't you can get the call record from MTN and Co.

Gather all your correspondence with them as evidence. Get a good lawyer or go to the office of the Public Defender, Industrial Court, Consumer and Competition Protection Commission and sue them for a good amount of money.

Research their foreign connections and sponsors and petition them too. They may lose their sponsorship if it gets out that they practice this type of discrimination.

Don't let it go like that.
Take it easy, the story is fake
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 13, 2020
Olafisoyem:

Boss cheap likes are exactly what you’re getting from people who can’t think deep or ask questions. You’re discouraging people and not giving them anything to learn from asides the fact that hope is lost.

What job was it?

What organisation?

Where is it based?

What was the role of the job?

This will help us understand the motives of the interviewer and why they don’t want catholic’s.

Before then we can only assume they are silly but we don’t know for sure.

Thank you. If we have a few like you, politicians wouldn't be taking us for a ride.

The amount of people who agreed with the op shows the number of people destroying this country with low IQ.

3 Likes

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by femi4: 4:54pm On Sep 13, 2020
Irojonun:
what make one born again Christian? I guess by worshiping daddy G.O? U were not taught to honour Mary the mother Jesus Christ the saviour of the world but u were taught to honour daddy G.O? Religion is actually the opium of the black people.
None of the above.

Follow the scripture and emancipate yourself from spiritual illiteracy
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by SaRoofingscoy: 4:55pm On Sep 13, 2020
Its happened to me some years back.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Thomthom(m): 4:55pm On Sep 13, 2020
F****ing fake news... If you have been told to bring members to your church with this crap.. try another means... But wait fes, if you like go to river Jordan and Baptise, it will not save yoi if you are a sinner

1 Like

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Thomthom(m): 4:58pm On Sep 13, 2020
Samfloxin:

fake made up story to get at Catholics.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 13, 2020
wunmi590:

Have a nice day

What are you hiding that you can't give out the contact of the organization in a faceless forum?
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 13, 2020
Thomthom:
fake made up story to get at Catholics.

Oil dey your head. E no go dry
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Thereishel: 5:03pm On Sep 13, 2020
wunmi590:
Good day nairalanders,

Sorry I have to write this, I have decided to keep it to myself but, I decided to let it out.

Just like every other job seekers who are looking for jobs either to switch to a better pay or change environment.

Though I have been out of job since the COVID-19 pandemic started, I worked in a retail company, but since we have not been called back, I decided to search for job.

I saw an advert and decided to submit my application, just like every other people, luckily after one week or two, I got a mail that I have been shortlisted for their online test and after I pass, I will move to the next stage which is virtual interview before coming to their office to sign my employment letter.

After the mail, like 3 days I got a mail containing my ogin and password for the test, fiam, I opened and I did the test.

After like another 3days, I got a mail from them that I passed the test and i should be expecting a whatsap call from one of their head office in Europe.

Luckily I got the call, from one of the European country number from a Nigerian, believing is the call that would change my life forever.

After the normal introduction and other things like the job functions, the real bible questions started which I was able to scale through it.

Towards the end of the virtual interview, the last question was are you a born again Christian, have you been baptised and what denomination are you?.

And I said yes I'm a born again Christian, I've been baptised and I'm a Roman Catholic.

At the end of my speech his response was, is not possible to be a Catholic and be born again.

He said once you were not taken to the river to be baptised that's not a baptism.

Catholics are not born again Christians and I'm not baptised too just because I was not taken to the river to be baptised.

His last statement was, you actually have the experience but, we need other denomination not Catholic that the job entails somebody who is a real born again Christian.

That was how I lost the job, thinking today being my birthday, I will go to church and do special thanks giving.

God is teaching you to be born again for real join Deeper life Bible Church and you will understand. There's more important thing than job, kingdom of God.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by simpleseyi: 5:04pm On Sep 13, 2020
Since Christians hate fellow Christians of other denominations this much, why should I a Muslim then complain that Christians hate me?

1 Like

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Ikennamurphy: 5:06pm On Sep 13, 2020
Bluffly:

Quote the scripture for me Oga Judge
Go and read the scriptures
You didn't quote any scripture to support your claim u agent from hell and u demand same from me... I command u to return back to hell
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by cyrilamx(m): 5:07pm On Sep 13, 2020
fof1:

Thanks,Though You qualified but You were dropped. Pls Reat Ur Mind. You were not Judged. Clearly You were told,the Job is not Meant for a Catholic Christian but Other Sect Preferred by the Employers. So Move on
However,To be a Born Again Christian, You Must Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as Your Lord and Personal Saviour. You MUST Believe and Accept His Sacrifice and Atonement for Our Sins and Take the Scriptures as Ur Final AUTHORITY on the Balance of Truth, filled with the Holy Spirit Baptism,not just Water Baptism, not to talk of Sprinkling. We are not talking about Denominational Creed here,Pls. Martin Luther of Blessed Memory Could not Stay under the Catholic Dogma after He came to the Realisation of the True Gospel of Jesus Christ, So CAN YOU AFTER BEING BORN AGAIN? Pls Seek the Lord in True and Genuine Repentance and Conversion,Pls. Not Engaging in Penance and Confession to a Rev.Father. Christ sets Free and only His Shed Blood is Required for ur Cleansing and Purifications not Holy Water and incense Burning. You are engaged in Religious activities not the New Testamental Creed of True Christianity,Where Holiness and Personal Integrity is what God Demands from us.Thanks.
You Pentecostals will never ceases to amaze me. Every day u keep bring up ur conjectures as truth. May I ask you how the Bible came to be and how the early Christians carried out their worship prior the codification of the Bible in late 4th century? May I ask you how those who professed Christianity during the persecutions, night b4 their execution were baptised since baptism was a prerequisite of christian initiation? Where they taken to the river or baptised there same night via sprinkling? May I also asked you the meaning of Jn. 20:23? Truth is you Pentecostals are really shallow.. you don't have documented evidence of what the early church went Tru save for few narratives in the Bible, yet your so called "mog" consults most of these Catholics books to start teaching you, you applaud him that it is the holy Spirit that inspire him. Maybe you should read the Didach of the early church and see if they were Pentecostals or Catholics. If you hate the Catholic church, stop using the Bible cos they selected the new testaments books from all ranch of existing books and added to the 46 books of the old testament, they called it the Bible. Stop worshiping on Sundays, cos the Catholic Church fixed Sundays as worship for christians. Stop observing Christmas and Easter since they were set as feast by Catholic church u love to hate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Ikennamurphy: 5:07pm On Sep 13, 2020
Powerfly:

BY Immersion.. As the other disciples and JESUS Did. Not water sprinkling.
Be gone u pharisees and hypocrites who turn upside down the teaching of christ.. I command u to return back to hell where u were sent from

1 Like

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by executive12: 5:11pm On Sep 13, 2020
wunmi590:
Good day nairalanders,

Sorry I have to write this, I have decided to keep it to myself but, I decided to let it out.

Just like every other job seekers who are looking for jobs either to switch to a better pay or change environment.

Though I have been out of job since the COVID-19 pandemic started, I worked in a retail company, but since we have not been called back, I decided to search for job.

I saw an advert and decided to submit my application, just like every other people, luckily after one week or two, I got a mail that I have been shortlisted for their online test and after I pass, I will move to the next stage which is virtual interview before coming to their office to sign my employment letter.

After the mail, like 3 days I got a mail containing my ogin and password for the test, fiam, I opened and I did the test.

After like another 3days, I got a mail from them that I passed the test and i should be expecting a whatsap call from one of their head office in Europe.

Luckily I got the call, from one of the European country number from a Nigerian, believing is the call that would change my life forever.

After the normal introduction and other things like the job functions, the real bible questions started which I was able to scale through it.

Towards the end of the virtual interview, the last question was are you a born again Christian, have you been baptised and what denomination are you?.

And I said yes I'm a born again Christian, I've been baptised and I'm a Roman Catholic.

At the end of my speech his response was, is not possible to be a Catholic and be born again.

He said once you were not taken to the river to be baptised that's not a baptism.

Catholics are not born again Christians and I'm not baptised too just because I was not taken to the river to be baptised.

His last statement was, you actually have the experience but, we need other denomination not Catholic that the job entails somebody who is a real born again Christian.

That was how I lost the job, thinking today being my birthday, I will go to church and do special thanks giving.

I find it difficult to believe your story.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Bloggz74(m): 5:13pm On Sep 13, 2020
My dear you just lied period.

Tell another story.

wunmi590:

Have a nice day
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Powerfly(f): 5:13pm On Sep 13, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

Be gone u pharisees and hypocrites who turn upside down the teaching of christ.. I command u to return back to hell where u were sent from

you're showing yourself.. Quote the scriptures.. Your aimless lopsided rebuke won't stop me from commenting. I say quote or reply with a scriptural backing.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Depressedkidd: 5:15pm On Sep 13, 2020
wunmi590:
Good day nairalanders,

they just did religious discrimination. That's illegal nau. Maybe you could have recorded the interview and put it online. I think there is a law against this, might have even been able to take legal steps so they don't repeat that nonsense with someone else
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Dchampion65: 5:15pm On Sep 13, 2020
wunmi590:
Good day nairalanders,

I smell a lie here

Let's us know the post you applied for that warrant Bible questions.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by superCleanworks(m): 5:16pm On Sep 13, 2020
soulpeppersoup:

You mean you believe the story of a person whose identity cannot be verified in a faceless forum. Who still will not release the information of the said organization?

No wonder APC is having a field day with propaganda in this country.

You mean you can see who I voted for or if i even voted for anyone at all.

You mean I have no freedom to believe what I want to believe? must we be in the same boat?

You mean you just can't give yourself a little tiny respect and ignore if if doesn't agree with your own views?

Let us learn how to respect other people's opinion. That's how grown ups behave.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by donmik: 5:17pm On Sep 13, 2020
U never talk the truth.
And u don't seem like someone in any pain.
U just wan post mek ppl comment.
Well done
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Dchampion65: 5:17pm On Sep 13, 2020
Greatzeus:

Tell us the job you applied for,that demanded you been a born again to perform it. I don't believe your nicely written story. Unless you applied for a clergy work in a church or in a company owned and run with church resources,eg mission schools, church publishing outlets etc.

Gbam!!!
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Dchampion65: 5:18pm On Sep 13, 2020
wunmi590:

Have a nice day

Another Freeze in making.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by aoofbeautifulme(f): 5:22pm On Sep 13, 2020
This one com get as e be
What if you be ifa priest pikin
Abeg this one weak me
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by frajoe2reel: 5:24pm On Sep 13, 2020
Bros the job was not meant for you don't worry for the one for u is by the corner Isaiah 43:18-19
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Burgerlomo: 5:26pm On Sep 13, 2020
wunmi590:
Good day nairalanders,

That's not the end of the world because there's a bright light at the end of the tunnel so move on.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Ikennamurphy: 5:26pm On Sep 13, 2020
Powerfly:

you're showing yourself.. Quote the scriptures.. Your aimless lopsided rebuke won't stop me from commenting. I say quote or reply with a scriptural backing.
You didn't quote a scripture either, be gone from where u came from.. Man shall not live by bread alone but the words that come out from the mouth of God
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by virago(f): 5:30pm On Sep 13, 2020
wunmi590:

Have a nice day

Then your story is false
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by farem: 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2020
wunmi590:
Lala, please come and help me to push this to front page.

If we Christian's don't like each other and we begin to segregate between denomination, I don't see why this country won't divide into two.

I wanted to let it slide that is one of those things when job hunting, but I just have to let the cat out of the bag, because I don't want to start thinking about it as today is my birthday, I need to free my mind.

I am sorry because of your loss. God will open another door.
However, you can't be forcing yourself to be called a Christian when most of the Roman Catholic people prefer to refer themselves as Roman Catholic.
This has sunk into the minds of people for centuries/decades, so it's becoming strange when one of them suddenly claims to be a Christian because of job. Honestly, Catholic members are wont to refer themselves as Catholic than as Christian. Sometimes I am worried whether that's what differentiate Jesus Christ from and the demon of Portugal erroneously called Mary.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Suggest A Good Business That #300k Can Start. / What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him / Funny Teacher Vacancy: Degree 26000 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.