Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

I Just Got Scammed - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Just Got Scammed (78733 Views)

I Almost Got Scammed On Jumia / Here Is How I Got Scammed Of 320k Yesterday At Computer Village / Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Nobody: 5:42am On Aug 28, 2020
[s]
Boozah:
I am very devastated. Its a different thing if i got uk used. However it was sealed as brand new so i wasnt bothered. Not knowing i was scammed. The shop is owned by an igbo man and he claimed he bought it brand new.now im scared that the one they will give me tomorrow will still be refurbished and nicely sealed as brand new. I went to a shop withh my intention to buy a brand new never before used phone and i paid via real transfer .but look at what i was giving. Thats the phone as i got it from the shop before tearing away the nylon
[/s]

You are very stupid for telling us the tube of the owner. Who asked you? Useless tribalist
Re: I Just Got Scammed by saggitus: 5:47am On Aug 28, 2020
the question is how will you see a brand new note 8 this time wen samsung has dropped support for the phone to get any major os update the only phones you will still as new are s10 note 10 note 20 bros so na you still do yourself too
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Nobody: 5:52am On Aug 28, 2020
This one na moi moi case nah, arrest them shebi dem give you receipt?
Re: I Just Got Scammed by SideInkom: 5:57am On Aug 28, 2020
T'is really bad
Re: I Just Got Scammed by liztop2012(f): 5:59am On Aug 28, 2020
Pls report them to FCCPC, Babatunde Irukera
Re: I Just Got Scammed by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:00am On Aug 28, 2020
Boozah:
I am very devastated. Its a different thing if i got uk used. However it was sealed as brand new so i wasnt bothered. Not knowing i was scammed. The shop is owned by an igbo man and he claimed he bought it brand new.now im scared that the one they will give me tomorrow will still be refurbished and nicely sealed as brand new. I went to a shop withh my intention to buy a brand new never before used phone and i paid via real transfer .but look at what i was giving. Thats the phone as i got it from the shop before tearing away the nylon

I have been buying my phones from Slot for almost 20 years.

Buy from Slot and you will be sure of what you have bought
Re: I Just Got Scammed by adisaaowala: 6:04am On Aug 28, 2020
Squillaci:

Why not go to SLOT?

My brother - I tire oh.
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Boozah: 6:06am On Aug 28, 2020
Its all my fault,i bought it brand new for 135k and was intending to resell for 170k,i felt everyone was honest as i am,the guy has called me enough times to apologise.i will be going back there by 9am. If i dont see brand new phone that is sealed is not broken.i go shine my eyes,if after that i got a brand new one.i would expose the shop. This shop am talking about are selling iphones,samsungs only.sealed. sealed.na me Bleep up sha. Wilk keep thread updated
Re: I Just Got Scammed by luluosas(m): 6:11am On Aug 28, 2020
Don't accept any change, demand for full refund of your money and go buy from genuine store
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Boozah: 6:12am On Aug 28, 2020
I was carried away cos i was used to getting orders online .i felt everyone is honest.im npt really too bothered. I wikl be going back by 9.
So i will know a refurbished phone and brsnd new one.some people sre saying note 8 nit in production. How about if they got them online. Well experience don make me smarter now,i trust no one again. I got carried away thats all. Thank God i have not sold it to the person that placed order. I will know a brand new and used phone now. The only ish is i didnt test it br leaving cos i assumed its brand new.
emmanuelewumi:

I have been buying my phones from Slot for almost 20 years.

Buy from Slot and you will be sure of what you have bought
Re: I Just Got Scammed by bammydhele(m): 6:12am On Aug 28, 2020
I don't trust JiJi goods...even the price is enough reason not to trust them
Re: I Just Got Scammed by zedegit: 6:14am On Aug 28, 2020
sojayy:
Guy u don f-up o, dem for test n confirm d phone was ok for u b4 paying nah......... Shine ur eye next time b4 dem monkey u bro shocked shocked

If it's sealed, you have to pay before confirming.
Re: I Just Got Scammed by just2endowed: 6:19am On Aug 28, 2020
Scammers are just too much
Re: I Just Got Scammed by smasher1(m): 6:27am On Aug 28, 2020
Boozah:
Hello nairalanders. I would love to share my bitter experience today. It all happened by 5.30pm. I had a chat with a seller on jiji and we agreed on a price. I got to his shop and inspectred and saw all phones were sealed. So a receipt was issued and it was written tested and okay. I paid through transfer and left thanking god i managed to get a brand new phone.

By the time i got back home, I tore the nylon as usual. However i heard a sound . I opened the box and saw the phone had flipped. I took out the screen protector, the phone was on. Inshort the phone was a refurbished phone. I felt sad and scammed. I called the shop and they start telling me sorry, that they did not know its refurbished .but i saw them all sealed in nylon. I later discover that the seal tape was missing. The imei sticker at the back was missing, lo and behold the screen was poorly glued. They promised to replace a brand new one. Now the question is how will i be sure brand new one is brand new one.

Nigerian crooks can get anywhere to get the seal sticker before opening it as brand new. I feel so stupid right now. All this happened at iwo road, inside a nice shop to fool ppl. I feel so ashmed. i paid 135k but got refurbished phone of 70k worth.

Why didn't you open it and bring it out. put your sim card and pocket it. Like the seller said, he may not be aware it was opened previously.
Re: I Just Got Scammed by EgunMogaji2: 6:29am On Aug 28, 2020
OP, you did nothing wrong and it’s not your fault. The jokes on the douche shop owner. Karma is a female canine. Maybe one day he’ll go to the clinic and a nurse will pay him back with expired injection.

I recently did what you did. Went on Jiji to identify a local seller. Went to his shop at Challenge to buy my iPhone. No issues. It’s not by force to buy on Nairaland.

Good luck.
Re: I Just Got Scammed by SyberKate(f): 6:31am On Aug 28, 2020
Boozah:
Its all my fault,i bought it brand new for 135k and was intending to resell for 170k,i felt everyone was honest as i am,the guy has called me enough times to apologise.i will be going back there by 9am. If i dont see brand new phone that is sealed is not broken.i go shine my eyes,if after that i got a brand new one.i would expose the shop. This shop am talking about are selling iphones,samsungs only.sealed. sealed.na me Bleep up sha. Wilk keep thread updated
Just see your life, you want to buy phone of 135K so you can sell 170K are you yourself honest and you come here talking about you expect everyone is honest.
Please go and sit down and stop giving people/business a bad name

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed by PeachtreeReside(f): 6:33am On Aug 28, 2020
Boozah:
Hello nairalanders. I would love to share my bitter experience today. It all happened by 5.30pm. I had a chat with a seller on jiji and we agreed on a price. I got to his shop and inspectred and saw all phones were sealed. So a receipt was issued and it was written tested and okay. I paid through transfer and left thanking god i managed to get a brand new phone.

By the time i got back home, I tore the nylon as usual. However i heard a sound . I opened the box and saw the phone had flipped. I took out the screen protector, the phone was on. Inshort the phone was a refurbished phone. I felt sad and scammed. I called the shop and they start telling me sorry, that they did not know its refurbished .but i saw them all sealed in nylon. I later discover that the seal tape was missing. The imei sticker at the back was missing, lo and behold the screen was poorly glued. They promised to replace a brand new one. Now the question is how will i be sure brand new one is brand new one.

Nigerian crooks can get anywhere to get the seal sticker before opening it as brand new. I feel so stupid right now. All this happened at iwo road, inside a nice shop to fool ppl. I feel so ashmed. i paid 135k but got refurbished phone of 70k worth.

No name of the shop or the person or business name ?
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Boozah: 6:33am On Aug 28, 2020
The seller has told me to come to a replacement. Its a big shop ,im not to bothered.last last i go enter slot.i felt it got it cheap.not knowing ita already been tampered with. This very good experience for me.though i didnt sleep well last nighr,bur God dey my side,im going back by 9
smasher1:

Why didn't you open it and bring it out. put your sim card and pocket it. Like the seller said, he may not be aware it was opened previously.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Obynolee(f): 6:34am On Aug 28, 2020
seanwilliam:
the host of heaven will punish u for this thing wey you talk .. thunder go fire u with full force.. na una dey spoil this country. Oloshi

Dullard spotted, always in support of their fellow, do I have time for them?
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Boozah: 6:38am On Aug 28, 2020
Its a shop at iwo road by the side of mr biggs.
Im going back to ger a brand new one sealed,with double seal sticker. I have visited youtube already.i no fit for wohala o. Its either new one or refund.no time for talk.
PeachtreeReside:

No name of the shop or the person or business name ?

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Ade3131: 6:39am On Aug 28, 2020
emmanuelpopson:

okay.. i pray you make this a headway in Nigeria... that will be so good to have..

Amen. Thanks bro
Re: I Just Got Scammed by GateofJoy(f): 6:43am On Aug 28, 2020
Zyxzzzz:
anytime I need new fone I'll just go to slot, after everything I will open the fone there incase anything

I nor get power to shout..

I think the OP is just a jjc. Who buys a brand new phone without opening everything everywhere to see everything before payment?

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Nobody: 6:44am On Aug 28, 2020
nit only Nigeria o..... dey sold a refurbished Iphone 11 pro max to my friend from China omo phone of 430k l, thank God d phone is still in China before they discover if not he will be on his own by now.
Re: I Just Got Scammed by yommygift15: 6:45am On Aug 28, 2020
And you think this is there fault when you supposed to open the phone, checked and tested it before leaving the spot or even paid for it?
Re: I Just Got Scammed by GateofJoy(f): 6:47am On Aug 28, 2020
zedegit:

If it's sealed, you have to pay before confirming.

Who pays for what you haven't seen?
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Boozah: 6:48am On Aug 28, 2020
As soon as i get a replacement,i will be going to slot to buy a brand new one and sell the replacement or better still get my refund shaply. Its not my fault,i was used to getting phones from amazon.com,konga, so i felt its the same thing.but now my eyes don wide open.
GateofJoy:

I think the OP is just a jjc. Who buys a brand new phone without opening everything everywhere to see everything before payment?
Re: I Just Got Scammed by GateofJoy(f): 6:50am On Aug 28, 2020
Boozah:
As soon as i get a replacement,i will be going to slot to buy a brand new one and sell the replacement or better still get my refund shaply. Its not my fault,i was used to getting phones from amazon.com,konga, so i felt its the same thing.but now my eyes don wide open.

Better. Goodluck to you.
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Boozah: 6:55am On Aug 28, 2020
Bro go to a shop that sell sealed,ane tell them to open it before paying. Thats unsealling it. If they will answer you.i am going back by 9.from there i enter slot.i got it cheap not knowing i got fooled. If im selling a product,my intergrity matters as against tomorrow. Why should i be bothered,the seller said they buy in bulk and i saw about close to 40 phones brand new sealed so i said this people cant be selling uk used,its my fault cos the buyer i had,had paid and thank god i unsealed it. I was shockes to meet the phone on and pack rough,not till i sae the back,no sticker of the imei,no backcase nylon on the phone,all i saw was a double tape .lol.
GateofJoy:

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Boozah: 6:57am On Aug 28, 2020
Sure. I am only after do not accept if the seal is broken. Thats all i'm after.
GateofJoy:

Better. Goodluck to you.
Re: I Just Got Scammed by MarketDispatch: 7:00am On Aug 28, 2020
emmanuelpopson:
online dealings nah NO GO AREA for me.. learned my lessons

But, he didnt even buy it online. He went to the physical shop to buy the phone physically.

You can rely on us to pick up and deliver your goods safely.
Re: I Just Got Scammed by zedegit: 7:02am On Aug 28, 2020
GateofJoy:

So if you want to buy a brand new phone, they will break the seal and remove it for you just to see?

It's okay.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Mtn Unveils New Night Data Plans / Get 23GB For #1000 And 4GB For #200 Only Airtel User Check It Out / Which Data Plan Are You Using On This Lockdown?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.