Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

I Just Got Scammed - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Just Got Scammed (78738 Views)

I Almost Got Scammed On Jumia / Here Is How I Got Scammed Of 320k Yesterday At Computer Village / Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
Where in iwo road? Make person no go make that kind mistake.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed by MrOjay1(m): 9:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
Sorry
This is why it's good to buy gadgets from recognised malls
Re: I Just Got Scammed by michaellovaldo(m): 9:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
Nawa oo
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Egoat(m): 9:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
ojun50:
Every soul in this country is Red

If them no refund ur money carry men in green uniform enter the shop
That will be a very bad idea. grin

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed by gungab(m): 9:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
Common Meeenh

Something you suppose put inside your pocket and bounce

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Wizpa(m): 9:42pm On Aug 27, 2020
Thank God say no be fufu dem give you
Re: I Just Got Scammed by bamasite2: 9:42pm On Aug 27, 2020
Sorry
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Sheuns(m): 9:42pm On Aug 27, 2020
The kind cheating mentality most of we Nigerians get ehn. Always looking to play a fast one and we’ll call ourselves smart. Smart for cheating?

5 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed by KindlyAssist: 9:42pm On Aug 27, 2020
Fex
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Tillatalk: 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2020
donbachi:
E no shock u?
E shock me
Re: I Just Got Scammed by viccozy(m): 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2020
Runjozi:
Pls if you have diamond bank MasterCard even though it's expired pls pm

Na dem

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2020
Boozah:
I am very devastated. Its a different thing if i got uk used. However it was sealed as brand new so i wasnt bothered. Not knowing i was scammed. The shop is owned by an igbo man and he claimed he bought it brand new.now im scared that the one they will give me tomorrow will still be refurbished and nicely sealed as brand new. I went to a shop withh my intention to buy a brand new never before used phone and i paid via real transfer .but look at what i was giving. Thats the phone as i got it from the shop before tearing away the nylon

Who you got or bought the phone is not necessary rather stick and get what you paid for.

Any other thing you wrote is gibberish.

next time check your product before leaving..#Very important

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Scammed by justus7: 9:44pm On Aug 27, 2020
it's a sad one..

Some people in this country are potential scammers, just that they haven't seen the opportunity..

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Razzman1: 9:44pm On Aug 27, 2020
Runjozi:
Pls if you have diamond bank MasterCard even though it's expired pls pm
I have it cool

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed by madgoat(m): 9:44pm On Aug 27, 2020
Boozah:
Hello nairalanders. I would love to share my bitter experience today. It all happened by 5.30pm. I had a chat with a seller on jiji and we agreed on a price. I got to his shop and inspectred and saw all phones were sealed. So a receipt was issued and it was written tested and okay. I paid through transfer and left thanking god i managed to get a brand new phone.

By the time i got back home, I tore the nylon as usual. However i heard a sound . I opened the box and saw the phone had flipped. I took out the screen protector, the phone was on. Inshort the phone was a refurbished phone. I felt sad and scammed. I called the shop and they start telling me sorry, that they did not know its refurbished .but i saw them all sealed in nylon. I later discover that the seal tape was missing. The imei sticker at the back was missing, lo and behold the screen was poorly glued. They promised to replace a brand new one. Now the question is how will i be sure brand new one is brand new one.

Nigerian crooks can get anywhere to get the seal sticker before opening it as brand new. I feel so stupid right now. All this happened at iwo road, inside a nice shop to fool ppl. I feel so ashmed. i paid 135k but got refurbished phone of 70k worth.

Go back there tmr and make a scene. How can u pay 135K for rubbish. Insist on getting ur money back or get a new fone. If u see a new fone in box thats sealed, it will be obvious. Go with a frnd, dont go alone.

5 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed by opius: 9:44pm On Aug 27, 2020
Next time try and open it in their presence
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Obynolee(f): 9:44pm On Aug 27, 2020
Boozah:
Hello nairalanders. I would love to share my bitter experience today. It all happened by 5.30pm. I had a chat with a seller on jiji and we agreed on a price. I got to his shop and inspectred and saw all phones were sealed. So a receipt was issued and it was written tested and okay. I paid through transfer and left thanking god i managed to get a brand new phone.

By the time i got back home, I tore the nylon as usual. However i heard a sound . I opened the box and saw the phone had flipped. I took out the screen protector, the phone was on. Inshort the phone was a refurbished phone. I felt sad and scammed. I called the shop and they start telling me sorry, that they did not know its refurbished .but i saw them all sealed in nylon. I later discover that the seal tape was missing. The imei sticker at the back was missing, lo and behold the screen was poorly glued. They promised to replace a brand new one. Now the question is how will i be sure brand new one is brand new one.

Nigerian crooks can get anywhere to get the seal sticker before opening it as brand new. I feel so stupid right now. All this happened at iwo road, inside a nice shop to fool ppl. I feel so ashmed. i paid 135k but got refurbished phone of 70k worth.

You bought a phone without opening and testing in the shop and signed a receipt stating that you tested it,who does that?
Yeah you do not look stupid but you are.

25 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed by StubbornGENIUS: 9:45pm On Aug 27, 2020
Boozah:
I am very devastated. Its a different thing if i got uk used. However it was sealed as brand new so i wasnt bothered. Not knowing i was scammed. The shop is owned by an igbo man and he claimed he bought it brand new.now im scared that the one they will give me tomorrow will still be refurbished and nicely sealed as brand new. I went to a shop withh my intention to buy a brand new never before used phone and i paid via real transfer .but look at what i was giving. Thats the phone as i got it from the shop before tearing away the nylon
You just had to mention the tribe of the seller. SMH

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed by mrgbenga1: 9:45pm On Aug 27, 2020
Why are people so heartless in this country

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed by einsteine(m): 9:45pm On Aug 27, 2020
Always better to go to the likes of Slot and MChris.
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Morganaliticus: 9:45pm On Aug 27, 2020
Boozah:
Where did you buy the phone?
Re: I Just Got Scammed by masterflowx(m): 9:45pm On Aug 27, 2020
MMWandali:

The works were finished from the foundation of the world Heb.4:3

You better go and learn work from Rightousness20.

You no try at all...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 27, 2020
If you ask me if you buy such gadgets from a Nigerian start using it as soon as you complete your payment ...what am I saying as soon as you give him cash open up the phone case and start pressing your phone until you get home simple
Re: I Just Got Scammed by temmienewells(m): 9:45pm On Aug 27, 2020
ojun50:
Every soul in this country is Red

If them no refund ur money carry men in green uniform enter the shop
The best way!!
The average civilian would pee in their shorts at the sight of a dwarf sojaman grin.
Re: I Just Got Scammed by kheleaxy(m): 9:45pm On Aug 27, 2020
nawa oo...of all place to buy good phones..you go JIJI��...na you go enter am yourself oo..���
Re: I Just Got Scammed by aywhy93(m): 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2020
Boozah:
Hello nairalanders. I would love to share my bitter.

Information is really key!!! That phone you got for 135k, you'd have gotten it way cheaper with even better quality through a thread on NL tech market. Funny enough, you're even in Ibadan, where so many trusted NL Samsung deal hunters reside. I feel so sorry.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Karlifate: 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2020
Too bad. Boozah, which Samsung be dat?
Re: I Just Got Scammed by dubeygol: 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2020
Go there with a soldier. They'll give you a new phone and your transport to and fro.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed by ojun50(m): 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2020
Egoat:

That will be a very bad idea. grin

Ok
Re: I Just Got Scammed by PureGoldh(m): 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2020
Dx country matter don tire person
Re: I Just Got Scammed by kolade560: 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2020
same thing that happened to me in Emeka ofor plaza in Onitsha. That guy no go know peace in his remaining life on earth.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed by UDUJ(m): 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2020
Obynolee:

You bought a phone without opening and testing in the shop and signed a receipt stating that you tested it,who does that?
Yeah you do not look stupid but you are.

I was just shaking my head while reading what the dude wrote. He played himself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Mtn Unveils New Night Data Plans / Get 23GB For #1000 And 4GB For #200 Only Airtel User Check It Out / Which Data Plan Are You Using On This Lockdown?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.