Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

I Just Got Scammed - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Just Got Scammed (78701 Views)

I Almost Got Scammed On Jumia / Here Is How I Got Scammed Of 320k Yesterday At Computer Village / Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Godons1: 10:01pm On Aug 27, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
You just had to mention the tribe of the seller. SMH

Why won't he mentioned the tribe of the seller, when the Sellers is from a tribe that's known for fraud and other criminal vices.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed by JoshB92: 10:01pm On Aug 27, 2020
But I thought after payment the next thing is to open and test it for you before issueing a receipt sef??
How can u take a phone you bought brand new without testing
when it's not blind market ....ah o deep o
Re: I Just Got Scammed by jaxxy(m): 10:01pm On Aug 27, 2020
Boozah:
Hello nairalanders. I would love to share my bitter experience today. It all happened by 5.30pm. I had a chat with a seller on jiji and we agreed on a price. I got to his shop and inspectred and saw all phones were sealed. So a receipt was issued and it was written tested and okay. I paid through transfer and left thanking god i managed to get a brand new phone.

By the time i got back home, I tore the nylon as usual. However i heard a sound . I opened the box and saw the phone had flipped. I took out the screen protector, the phone was on. Inshort the phone was a refurbished phone. I felt sad and scammed. I called the shop and they start telling me sorry, that they did not know its refurbished .but i saw them all sealed in nylon. I later discover that the seal tape was missing. The imei sticker at the back was missing, lo and behold the screen was poorly glued. They promised to replace a brand new one. Now the question is how will i be sure brand new one is brand new one.

Nigerian crooks can get anywhere to get the seal sticker before opening it as brand new. I feel so stupid right now. All this happened at iwo road, inside a nice shop to fool ppl. I feel so ashmed. i paid 135k but got refurbished phone of 70k worth.

Get them arrested damn it or they give u ure money back. Nobody is a fool here. That’s obviously not a new fone. It’s none of ur business who their suppliers is cos that’s their specialization which is fones not urs. They shud know what they are selling for such a shop.

Refund ur money or get them arrested. And do this immediately or they will give excuses of u didn’t bring it ontime. Imagine scam of brandnew fone undecided
Re: I Just Got Scammed by heendrix(m): 10:01pm On Aug 27, 2020
MajorOvakporaye:
life nor easy
Anyway, you deserve it because ah nor sure say your hands clean.
Lol grin
Re: I Just Got Scammed by UDUJ(m): 10:02pm On Aug 27, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
Op no think am
He don happen to me before
Just go and report at the nearest police station
Even holding that phone is very risky
Might be a stolen rebranded phone
Who knows

You are very correct. I think it's a stolen phone because the op even said the imei sticker at the back was missing.

cc: Boozah
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Obynolee(f): 10:02pm On Aug 27, 2020
Boozah:
Why are you so pained. I will get a replacement tomorrow and def gonnabe brand new I only came to share my experience.everyone is not poor and bitter just as you are.

Till you get the replacement,dull boy

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed by sexdoll: 10:02pm On Aug 27, 2020
this is just one reason why your country will never progress.

people are just looking out for their next victim to defraud.

it's really a pity.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Lamba42(m): 10:03pm On Aug 27, 2020
You are a learner brother ,Awilo better pass you.If you buy new phone unless na gift for person. Open and test it there where you buy am .Also only buy phones from reputable shops
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Harbeeorlar(m): 10:03pm On Aug 27, 2020
So you bought phone of such amount and ypu dont test it before leaving? When i say test as in insert ur sim card, make calls, listen to music? Well juju may be at work sha. But which shop in Iwo Road?

If what you are saying is the truth, call the shop again, this time put ur conversation on record and ensure they attest u buy from them in ur conversation and keep it as evidence. Give Army man 5-10k and i promise you will get ur money or worthy phone. Don't call Police o, they know most of them
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Vikalinda(m): 10:03pm On Aug 27, 2020
Plkm12:

KINDLY CLICK HERE TO REACH US
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12218963_rtgy54ry54ry_jpeg6162185fa082a9a66155538ca94a157e
CLICK HERE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH US OR TO KNOW MORE
oga we know scammers are many now, but I don't see anyone scamming you here, you paid for a phone not online but in their office, you had the right to open your phone and test it before leaving. they have told you that they will resolve it tomorrow, what if the refurbishing was not from them, you know their office so where is the scam, this things happen in business. just calm down, I know you are.
Re: I Just Got Scammed by jaxxy(m): 10:04pm On Aug 27, 2020
ipobarethieves:
sad Shine your eyes.Next time,let dem unbox it themselves.It won't cost u nothing to spend even 2 hours to check,test/charge the phone to sure.That's how ALABA boys dey do sharp sharp thing.Those pipu have any brand sticker.They'll sell refurbished thing and glued/plaster Samsung sticker with tested Ok sad grin grin.God help if u reach home and Grundig symbol show instead of branded Samsung

Bt they won’t unbox for u until u pay
Re: I Just Got Scammed by ednut1(m): 10:04pm On Aug 27, 2020
Who buys a new phone on jiji Next time go to recognized stores like slot

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed by TheManofTomorrow(m): 10:04pm On Aug 27, 2020
MajorOvakporaye:
life nor easy

Try and be reasonable na
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Obynolee(f): 10:05pm On Aug 27, 2020
Boozah:
Why are you so pained. I will get a replacement tomorrow and def gonnabe brand new I only came to share my experience.everyone is not poor and bitter just as you are.

At least I no dull,no make trouble there before them changi am for you

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Boozah: 10:06pm On Aug 27, 2020
Spare me the nonsense
Obynolee:

At least I no dull,no make trouble there before them changi am for you

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Ihatemumu: 10:07pm On Aug 27, 2020
Boozah:
Hello nairalanders. I would love to share my bitter experience today. It all happened by 5.30pm. I had a chat with a seller on jiji and we agreed on a price. I got to his shop and inspectred and saw all phones were sealed. So a receipt was issued and it was written tested and okay. I paid through transfer and left thanking god i managed to get a brand new phone.

By the time i got back home, I tore the nylon as usual. However i heard a sound . I opened the box and saw the phone had flipped. I took out the screen protector, the phone was on. Inshort the phone was a refurbished phone. I felt sad and scammed. I called the shop and they start telling me sorry, that they did not know its refurbished .but i saw them all sealed in nylon. I later discover that the seal tape was missing. The imei sticker at the back was missing, lo and behold the screen was poorly glued. They promised to replace a brand new one. Now the question is how will i be sure brand new one is brand new one.

Nigerian crooks can get anywhere to get the seal sticker before opening it as brand new. I feel so stupid right now. All this happened at iwo road, inside a nice shop to fool ppl. I feel so ashmed. i paid 135k but got refurbished phone of 70k worth.

Use Jumia next time, at least you can return it in 7 days and I think they do quality checks too.

Avoid platforms that won't go the extra mile to perform quality checks

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed by OdefaGirl(f): 10:07pm On Aug 27, 2020
MajorOvakporaye:
life nor easy

Which kind talk be this?

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Royalfurnitures: 10:07pm On Aug 27, 2020
It's possible they too don't know it's refurbished

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you to

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed by ipobarethieves: 10:08pm On Aug 27, 2020
jaxxy:

Bt they won’t unbox for u until u pay
@least nah dem unbox it themselves.Y expect me to collect/go home with such defective phone.Trust me, they'll return my money sharp.I dnt joke with something like dat

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Benwallt(m): 10:08pm On Aug 27, 2020
If you are buying any phone above 100k go to big store like slot, n co. Most of those small stores na scam. They have shined my eyes once n my brother I almost died. Almost all the money I save during NYSC gone in d name of buying good phone. Wosrt was I couldn't recognize the store on going back there. It was a terrible experience.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 27, 2020
Scam everywhere, including this.
Re: I Just Got Scammed by emmnprince(m): 10:09pm On Aug 27, 2020
Breaks my heart!

Remind me of my brother, my cousin and a friend, who were also scammed at Computer Village, Ladipo and Alaba int'l markets respectively. They paid for new phones, but got phones that contains akpu (fufu) inside! And they tested the phone before leaving the shop.

Involve the police in this matter! Mind you, involve credible police men! But if you have can involve soldiers, kindly do. That man will transfer your money back or get you an original (new) one! speaking from experience!

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Champneys: 10:10pm On Aug 27, 2020
Boozah:

Ok.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Timijo(m): 10:11pm On Aug 27, 2020
Boozah:
I am very devastated. Its a different thing if i got uk used. However it was sealed as brand new so i wasnt bothered. Not knowing i was scammed. The shop is owned by an igbo man and he claimed he bought it brand new.now im scared that the one they will give me tomorrow will still be refurbished and nicely sealed as brand new. I went to a shop withh my intention to buy a brand new never before used phone and i paid via real transfer .but look at what i was giving. Thats the phone as i got it from the shop before tearing away the nylon
Dear Boozah,

I feel sorry for your ordeal and I apologise on behalf of my countrymen.

The Bible says, "The heart of a man is desperately wicked, who can know it?" And what has happened to you confirms the scripture that I quoted.
Because of my experience with Igbo traders, I stop patronising them. I apologise to those who might feel bad because I mentioned Igbo, I am not a tribal bigot but that is just the bitter truth. I prefer to buy things from Hausa traders because a very good number of them are honest.
Now, I will advise you not to collect the replacement. Those guys cannot be trusted, they are like leopards that can not change the colour of their skin. Once beaten, twice shy. Collect your money and go to a reliable phone store to get a better one. If the so called scammer refuses to give you your money, don't quarrel with him. Just walk away to look for two soldiers who will help you to get your money. 3k or 5k will do the magic.

I hope this piece of advice will help you recover your money and get you what you need.

Good luck,

Timijo Sympathiser.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Vikalinda(m): 10:11pm On Aug 27, 2020
Godons1:

Why won't he mentioned the tribe of the seller, when the Sellers is from a tribe that's known for fraud and other criminal vices.
LOL una no go kill us oo. do you know if op is also from same tribe you never can tell.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed by DedeNkem: 10:11pm On Aug 27, 2020
Boozah:

You behaved like someone who has no brain! When you buy any phone in Nigeria, open it on the spot to test it before leaving! Make sure you buy from a reputable phone shop!
Re: I Just Got Scammed by enilowo(m): 10:15pm On Aug 27, 2020
Boozah:

Stop decieving yourself you cannot get a brand New Note 8 anywhere now. Na refurbished u go get

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed by vivypretty(f): 10:15pm On Aug 27, 2020
Samsung in a note 5 carton ����
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Omooba77: 10:16pm On Aug 27, 2020
Boozah:

Jiji na scammers site broda.......
Jumia and konga more reliable......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Mtn Unveils New Night Data Plans / Get 23GB For #1000 And 4GB For #200 Only Airtel User Check It Out / Which Data Plan Are You Using On This Lockdown?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.