Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,740 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

I Just Got Scammed - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Just Got Scammed (78758 Views)

I Almost Got Scammed On Jumia / Here Is How I Got Scammed Of 320k Yesterday At Computer Village / Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got Scammed by kiddkash(m): 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2020
they already said they'd replace it for you

what else do you want

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Karleb(m): 9:47pm On Aug 27, 2020
I could remember when I bought my phone in slot, I was even unpacking the phone before paying. I almost got embarrassed for doing that though. cheesy

I paid when I was assured they have a testing unit.

Bro OP, take heart. Shit happens. But next time, make sure you unpack your product before leaving. Even if the phone worth is N4000.

4 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Imiete(m): 9:47pm On Aug 27, 2020
guy u Bleep up, Dem fit no change am for u o, Dem go revise u till you tire. just forget, ur money Don waka
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Gordson: 9:47pm On Aug 27, 2020
Runjozi:
Pls if you have diamond bank MasterCard even though it's expired pls pm

I have oo, wetin dey sup, wetin you wan use am for
Re: I Just Got Scammed by chrizzyace: 9:47pm On Aug 27, 2020
Boozah:
I am very devastated. Its a different thing if i got uk used. However it was sealed as brand new so i wasnt bothered. Not knowing i was scammed. The shop is owned by an igbo man and he claimed he bought it brand new.now im scared that the one they will give me tomorrow will still be refurbished and nicely sealed as brand new. I went to a shop withh my intention to buy a brand new never before used phone and i paid via real transfer .but look at what i was giving. Thats the phone as i got it from the shop before tearing away the nylon

See my brother. I will advice you ask for a refund. If they say there’s no refund policy then make sure you go there with a force person and ensure that you open the nylon there confirm all the things required from a brand new phone before collecting a replacement if not na another refurbished phone them go give you. People desperate to get money in business in anyway. You’ll see something that is blue they will tell you it’s red... and even give you proof. My brother shine your eyes...

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed by spiceadole: 9:47pm On Aug 27, 2020
I even thought you opened it and saw a wrap of foofoo.

That's how they roll in Lasgidi
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Karleb(m): 9:47pm On Aug 27, 2020
kiddkash:

what else do you want

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Avast(m): 9:47pm On Aug 27, 2020
Boozah:
Hello nairalanders. I would love to share my bitter experience today. It all happened by 5.30pm. I had a chat with a seller on jiji and we agreed on a price. I got to his shop and inspectred and saw all phones were sealed. So a receipt was issued and it was written tested and okay. I paid through transfer and left thanking god i managed to get a brand new phone.

By the time i got back home, I tore the nylon as usual. However i heard a sound . I opened the box and saw the phone had flipped. I took out the screen protector, the phone was on. Inshort the phone was a refurbished phone. I felt sad and scammed. I called the shop and they start telling me sorry, that they did not know its refurbished .but i saw them all sealed in nylon. I later discover that the seal tape was missing. The imei sticker at the back was missing, lo and behold the screen was poorly glued. They promised to replace a brand new one. Now the question is how will i be sure brand new one is brand new one.

Nigerian crooks can get anywhere to get the seal sticker before opening it as brand new. I feel so stupid right now. All this happened at iwo road, inside a nice shop to fool ppl. I feel so ashmed. i paid 135k but got refurbished phone of 70k worth.

Go find correct soldier, your money go come out
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Stephenmoka4(m): 9:47pm On Aug 27, 2020
Re: I Just Got Scammed by dalass(f): 9:48pm On Aug 27, 2020
Boozah:
I am very devastated. Its a different thing if i got uk used. However it was sealed as brand new so i wasnt bothered. Not knowing i was scammed. The shop is owned by an igbo man and he claimed he bought it brand new.now im scared that the one they will give me tomorrow will still be refurbished and nicely sealed as brand new. I went to a shop withh my intention to buy a brand new never before used phone and i paid via real transfer .but look at what i was giving. Thats the phone as i got it from the shop before tearing away the nylon

Go there tomorrow and inform them the matter has been reported to the police. That will make them behave well. No one wants police wahala. Go with at least a friend or family member(s)

You have to make them know say yawa go gasss if they don't give you thevbrand new phone you paid for.....

And next time, you bought something inside fine shop, you no test am? Guy, with 135k You can't test....lailai, I can't buy it.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed by cloud(m): 9:48pm On Aug 27, 2020
Since the seller has admitted his wrongdoing, I suggest you ask for your money back when you get there tomorrow
Re: I Just Got Scammed by olaks4real(m): 9:48pm On Aug 27, 2020
But why will you go to get a new phone (even if na fairly used) without testing it before leaving the shop.
You must have learnt your lessons. Pele
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Positiveme2020: 9:48pm On Aug 27, 2020
Boozah:
Hello nairalanders. I would love to share my bitter experience today. It all happened by 5.30pm. I had a chat with a seller on jiji and we agreed on a price. I got to his shop and inspectred and saw all phones were sealed. So a receipt was issued and it was written tested and okay. I paid through transfer and left thanking god i managed to get a brand new phone.

By the time i got back home, I tore the nylon as usual. However i heard a sound . I opened the box and saw the phone had flipped. I took out the screen protector, the phone was on. Inshort the phone was a refurbished phone. I felt sad and scammed. I called the shop and they start telling me sorry, that they did not know its refurbished .but i saw them all sealed in nylon. I later discover that the seal tape was missing. The imei sticker at the back was missing, lo and behold the screen was poorly glued. They promised to replace a brand new one. Now the question is how will i be sure brand new one is brand new one.

Nigerian crooks can get anywhere to get the seal sticker before opening it as brand new. I feel so stupid right now. All this happened at iwo road, inside a nice shop to fool ppl. I feel so ashmed. i paid 135k but got refurbished phone of 70k worth.
Go there with military men if you know any.
Re: I Just Got Scammed by jamace(m): 9:48pm On Aug 27, 2020
And on Friday/Sunday the crook will go to thank Allah/God for prosperous business...Stealing religiously.. Na wa o...

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 27, 2020
Runjozi:
What for? You seem to be a criminal, or don't you know what you are asking for?
Re: I Just Got Scammed by zudozz: 9:48pm On Aug 27, 2020
135k!

Thank ur star that Magu has been tamed by karma!
Re: I Just Got Scammed by fof1: 9:49pm On Aug 27, 2020
Boozah:

Before U Speak Latin Join, who sol athis item to You? Iwo Road, in which State? Why Didn't You open and inspect what you are buying in d Shop at once.? How true is ur Story?
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 27, 2020
You mean you didn't even check the phone you bought from a shop? Not even to test if it's working?
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Gordson: 9:49pm On Aug 27, 2020
kiddkash:

what else do you want

Should they be selling refurbished as new?

E be like say you dey affiliated with the criminal grin

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 27, 2020
u neva see anything !!!cheesy
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Runjozi(m): 9:49pm On Aug 27, 2020
[quote author=Razzman1 post=93296590]

send me a pm boss
Re: I Just Got Scammed by kolawo(m): 9:51pm On Aug 27, 2020
The nice shop thing no surprise me!
I've been scammed too by a beautiful shop like that bear ijigbo junction in Ado. Bought a laptop battery for 15k and only worked for barely a week. And the worst part, couldn't get my refund till today.
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Twelfthman: 9:51pm On Aug 27, 2020
Zyxzzzz:
anytime I need new fone I'll just go to slot, after everything I will open the fone there in case anything

I nor get power to shout..
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Godons1: 9:51pm On Aug 27, 2020
Igbo Amaka.

Na so we wan take make money pass Dangote

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Runjozi(m): 9:51pm On Aug 27, 2020
Gordson:

I have oo, wetin dey sup, wetin you wan use am for
let's talk send me a pm
Re: I Just Got Scammed by wisesoul(m): 9:51pm On Aug 27, 2020
Report them to Consumer protection agency, within 24hours they will take them up. The manin charge of the agency is really doing wonders.

Boozah:

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Anny505(m): 9:52pm On Aug 27, 2020
Runjozi:

Baba
Re: I Just Got Scammed by HBsoap: 9:52pm On Aug 27, 2020
You should definitely request for a refund.
When buying it's best to ask for the package opened and you see it yourself. Standard stores usually open the pack for you, give it to you to see and test and close it in your presence.
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Boozah: 9:52pm On Aug 27, 2020
I wanted to resell as unopened snd still sealed that was why i told not to open ot. Well o will be going back tomorrow and will get a replacement. I have already visited youtube so without the seal sticker i know its refurbished.
fof1:

Before U Speak Latin Join, who sol athis item to You? Iwo Road, in which State? Why Didn't You open and inspect what you are buying in d Shop at once.? How true is ur Story?
Re: I Just Got Scammed by 9gerian: 9:52pm On Aug 27, 2020
Even if it’s brand new, always open the seal before payment to check and confirm that the actual content is really new to avoid stories that touch...
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Obynolee(f): 9:53pm On Aug 27, 2020
Boozah:

Nobody scammed you,you deserve it,since you have agreed on the price why keeping the seal,why waiting to reach home before opening it?,to cap it all,you signed a receipt that you tested it and it was OK,in this modern day?,and you went to school?,if I were the shop owner,if you come to my shop to make trouble, I will get you arrested and present my receipt to the police and you will turn the scammer.
It's your type that will buy cloth and wear it with the label,you wan brag say you buy new phone, Ode.
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Runjozi(m): 9:53pm On Aug 27, 2020
Razzman1:
I have it cool
pm me boss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Mtn Unveils New Night Data Plans / Get 23GB For #1000 And 4GB For #200 Only Airtel User Check It Out / Which Data Plan Are You Using On This Lockdown?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.