Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,402 members, 7,819,429 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

I Just Got Scammed - Phones (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Just Got Scammed (78764 Views)

I Almost Got Scammed On Jumia / Here Is How I Got Scammed Of 320k Yesterday At Computer Village / Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Boozah: 8:33am On Aug 28, 2020
By mr biggs. A big complex. Iwo road ibadan.
Im heading thr
Jide11CAC:
is it iwo road the one in ibadan

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed by lekankolade(m): 8:34am On Aug 28, 2020
Boozah:
I am very devastated. Its a different thing if i got uk used. However it was sealed as brand new so i wasnt bothered. Not knowing i was scammed. The shop is owned by an igbo man and he claimed he bought it brand new.now im scared that the one they will give me tomorrow will still be refurbished and nicely sealed as brand new. I went to a shop withh my intention to buy a brand new never before used phone and i paid via real transfer .but look at what i was giving. Thats the phone as i got it from the shop before tearing away the nylon

Go there and demand for a brand new phone ( tested and confirmed it’s brand new ), it’s better you go with a friend that can help you confirm it’s actually a brand new...

If the seller want to play smart one on you, report hi to FCCPC ( Federal Competition & Consumer Protection Commission ), look for their office in your state or search for their Twitter handle, or mail them with your complain and every proof you have ..... I’m assuring you that you will get justice
Re: I Just Got Scammed by urbanshoppersng: 8:38am On Aug 28, 2020
Boozah:
Hello nairalanders. I would love to share my bitter experience today. It all happened by 5.30pm. I had a chat with a seller on jiji and we agreed on a price. I got to his shop and inspectred and saw all phones were sealed. So a receipt was issued and it was written tested and okay. I paid through transfer and left thanking god i managed to get a brand new phone.

By the time i got back home, I tore the nylon as usual. However i heard a sound . I opened the box and saw the phone had flipped. I took out the screen protector, the phone was on. Inshort the phone was a refurbished phone. I felt sad and scammed. I called the shop and they start telling me sorry, that they did not know its refurbished .but i saw them all sealed in nylon. I later discover that the seal tape was missing. The imei sticker at the back was missing, lo and behold the screen was poorly glued. They promised to replace a brand new one. Now the question is how will i be sure brand new one is brand new one.

Nigerian crooks can get anywhere to get the seal sticker before opening it as brand new. I feel so stupid right now. All this happened at iwo road, inside a nice shop to fool ppl. I feel so ashmed. i paid 135k but got refurbished phone of 70k worth.

Try to go there with a police officer if possible, that would scare them and please open the phone right there in their store... But then, my mind is telling me, the one who sold the phone to you may not be the owner of the store, which means you may get there and meet someone else who will deny selling you a phone... I feel they may not change the phone, just try to change it anyways

And thank God it is not fufu in the package...

This is why you should allow personal shoppers do the work for you sometimes, they bear the risk and all. We once got called by an old client who found what he wanted on Jiji but wanted us to buy on his behalf instead... which we did, there was a little setback with delivery to Delta but he got his package at long last.
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Jide11CAC: 8:38am On Aug 28, 2020
Boozah:
By mr biggs. A big complex. Iwo road ibadan.
Im heading thr
just go there and if possible record your conversation, you can go with someone who can just use his own phone to record the conversation. So you can pin them with the recording if they want to act funny by not ready to give you your money. I will loke yo know how it goes whe you leave there.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Caseless: 8:38am On Aug 28, 2020
Boozah:
I am very devastated. Its a different thing if i got uk used. However it was sealed as brand new so i wasnt bothered. Not knowing i was scammed. The shop is owned by an igbo man and he claimed he bought it brand new.now im scared that the one they will give me tomorrow will still be refurbished and nicely sealed as brand new. I went to a shop withh my intention to buy a brand new never before used phone and i paid via real transfer .but look at what i was giving. Thats the phone as i got it from the shop before tearing away the nylon
why didn't open what you were buying to confirm? It's all your fault. Because you saw 'tested and okay' means it's a statement of fact.
Re: I Just Got Scammed by zoghys: 8:42am On Aug 28, 2020
Boozah:
Hello nairalanders. I would love to share my bitter experience today. It all happened by 5.30pm. I had a chat with a seller on jiji and we agreed on a price. I got to his shop and inspectred and saw all phones were sealed. So a receipt was issued and it was written tested and okay. I paid through transfer and left thanking god i managed to get a brand new phone.

By the time i got back home, I tore the nylon as usual. However i heard a sound . I opened the box and saw the phone had flipped. I took out the screen protector, the phone was on. Inshort the phone was a refurbished phone. I felt sad and scammed. I called the shop and they start telling me sorry, that they did not know its refurbished .but i saw them all sealed in nylon. I later discover that the seal tape was missing. The imei sticker at the back was missing, lo and behold the screen was poorly glued. They promised to replace a brand new one. Now the question is how will i be sure brand new one is brand new one.

Nigerian crooks can get anywhere to get the seal sticker before opening it as brand new. I feel so stupid right now. All this happened at iwo road, inside a nice shop to fool ppl. I feel so ashmed. i paid 135k but got refurbished phone of 70k worth.

Why the loud noise, when they said you should come back for another one. So many people have lost their cash to scammers all in the name of buying new phone and hasn't gotten the chance you have and most likely have spent more or close to what you have spent. Go get another phone and take a walk.
Re: I Just Got Scammed by shagarinews: 8:51am On Aug 28, 2020
Next time try the process on how to check original Samsung code, go to the dialer, enter the code, after the code is entered, the phone will automatically go into its secret diagnostic mode and display the information the code intends to show you. The codes are: *#0*# (Samsung General Test Mode) *#32489# (Ciphering Info)

I have warned you. if you like fall mugu again
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 28, 2020
Boozah:

How far.. Have u gone back to return it
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 28, 2020
Boozah:
By mr biggs. A big complex. Iwo road ibadan. Im heading thr
How far na... Update us and mention mi
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Respect55(m): 9:04am On Aug 28, 2020
I haven't been scammed at all. They have their shop out there. Go and claim ur money.
Re: I Just Got Scammed by KBdownloads(m): 9:07am On Aug 28, 2020
you paid 135k for a note 8?? you deserve it
Re: I Just Got Scammed by SUPERPACK: 9:18am On Aug 28, 2020
Razzman1:

I have it cool
You better be careful o. That is an attempt to use the card for fraudulent purposes. Be warned.
Re: I Just Got Scammed by SUPERPACK: 9:27am On Aug 28, 2020
Vikalinda:

please don't be anoid. what do you people need expired diamond card for?
To load and withdraw fraudulent funds with it.
Re: I Just Got Scammed by SUPERPACK: 9:32am On Aug 28, 2020
Gordson:

I have all the old ATM of the banks I use with me,Talk here, wetin you wan use am do, abi d thing go dispense cash if I go insert am for ATM cool
For fraudulent purposes.
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Boozah: 9:40am On Aug 28, 2020
I have handed back the phone . Waiting for a replacement.
Pimpmaride:

How far na... Update us and mention mi
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 28, 2020
Boozah:

Shebi dem suppose give u replacement straight

Why u dey wait na
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Boozah: 9:47am On Aug 28, 2020
The guy that sold to me is on his way and im waiting for him. Replacement or refund.
Pimpmaride:

Shebi dem suppose give u replacement straight

Why u dey wait na
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 28, 2020
Boozah:
The guy that sold to me is on his way and im waiting for him. Replacement or refund.

Are they mad?

Make. Dt guy no try nonsense ooo
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Akanimoh113(m): 9:50am On Aug 28, 2020
Boozah:

That's good But Mainly they should refund your money not give a another phone cus it could also be refurbished too.
Why not order from Jumia (Wednesdays/Fridays), Get a Cheaper phone

Abeg how you take get that amount na
Me sef I need money to buy phone oo
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Akanimoh113(m): 9:53am On Aug 28, 2020
Nigga you no even purchase Redmi 8 or 9 fa
Re: I Just Got Scammed by SUPERPACK: 9:56am On Aug 28, 2020
ChangedMan1999:

My guy, how una de do dis Bitcoin.
I want to start.
That guy is advertising a ponzi scheme to you be careful.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed by GolDRoger: 9:58am On Aug 28, 2020
You mean u bought a phone, and take it home before opening it? You need serious cane angry angry . . . Even if na for SLOT U buy am. . . What stops u from checking the phone out immediately? Like snap pics to see d quality and other thing. Its not foolishness my brother. It's simply being Wise
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Akanimoh113(m): 10:00am On Aug 28, 2020
I get person were de run Bitcoin
Dude somethings ehn
When you make money like this ehn
Stinginess go de oo
I get rich people for profile but them never bless me because of business
Common WhatsApp I no de
Because of the phone I de use
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Boozah: 10:17am On Aug 28, 2020
The owner said i should come back by 5. So id be going back for refund. Yes they got me another phone and its all the same tin. D sticker has been cut,seal cut and has that celotape igbo marking on it.so they sell refurbished phones as brand new. I would be making order via konga or jumia
Akanimoh113:

That's good But Mainly they should refund your money not give a another phone cus it could also be refurbished too.
Why not order from Jumia (Wednesdays/Fridays), Get a Cheaper phone

Abeg how you take get that amount na
Me sef I need money to buy phone oo
Re: I Just Got Scammed by martyns200(m): 10:21am On Aug 28, 2020
Boozah:
The owner said i should come back by 5. So id be going back for refund. Yes they got me another phone and its all the same tin. D sticker has been cut,seal cut and has that celotape igbo marking on it.so they sell refurbished phones as brand new. I would be making order via konga or jumia

Hopefully they don't give u stories when you go back by 5pm, next time when you buy new phones from reputable shops, even if it's pay before u get the phone, u open it immediately to see it's what u want that was sold to you and make sure u put the phone on rite there and charge it, if possible put your SIM in it to be sure it's a new working P phone. All the best by 5pm
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Toma2: 10:25am On Aug 28, 2020
ipobarethieves:
@least nah dem unbox it themselves.Y expect me to collect/go home with such defective phone.Trust me, they'll return my money sharp.I dnt joke with something like dat
Let's see the menu display
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 28, 2020
That's why buying from trusted retailers like SLOT is better cos the phone is guaranteed to be new and directly from the phone company. You also get to test it before leaving. Just look for a way to get your money back, or any other phone they're giving you must be brand new (that's if they even have). Check well o.
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Boozah: 10:50am On Aug 28, 2020
Owner pleaded with me to come back for my refund after back and forth. I asked for another and open the seal nylon.it ws the sametin not new and seal not on pack before you open it. No sticker at the back or nylon. Its all used. So they selling refurbished phones as brand new and sealed. pe
martyns200:

Hopefully they don't give u stories when you go back by 5pm, next time when you buy new phones from reputable shops, even if it's pay before u get the phone, u open it immediately to see it's what u want that was sold to you and make sure u put the phone on rite there and charge it, if possible put your SIM in it to be sure it's a new working P phone. All the best by 5pm
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Prof0fficial: 10:56am On Aug 28, 2020
why did you go with a sealed pack. to show people that you bought brand new Samsung hmm

I open my new phone, put my sim snap to test the camera before I sign receipt.
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Boozah: 10:57am On Aug 28, 2020
Yes o. By 5pm.i go get my refund.if they told me from start dat see o guy,its refurbished. I would understand. But selling a refurbished phone as brand new sealed.na scam.
martyns200:

Re: I Just Got Scammed by TheEnlightenedO(m): 11:11am On Aug 28, 2020
Boozah:
I will place order on jumia then. Nawa o

Jumia ke, best to go in person and test and verify on the spot yourself boss

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Mtn Unveils New Night Data Plans / Get 23GB For #1000 And 4GB For #200 Only Airtel User Check It Out / Which Data Plan Are You Using On This Lockdown?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.