Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,185 members, 7,811,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1359765 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 10:31pm On Sep 21, 2020
nekkyblues:

What if I don’t have a father or mother?

Your case is different and i honestly don’t know how to advise...

Cc ednut1, mamaroon...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 10:32pm On Sep 21, 2020
listowell:

I have advised an applicant to leave the cash intact but he has said he must trade with it. Mine is to advise, let the cash no depreciate or disappear.

I get your advice now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by whatx: 10:36pm On Sep 21, 2020
Good day,
Given the recent low interest rate of investment in Naija, i decided to let my POF lie low in a savings account.
Please i would like to know if any issue with such move with regards to my SNIP application when the time comes, ie will savings account balance be sufficient or there is benefit in mutual fund?.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 10:36pm On Sep 21, 2020
MayorOfEdmonton:
That's how someone was advising a guy the other day to reject ITA simply because he remarked his IELTS? Another said BC doesnt use headphone in 2020 Èdakun èbèru Òlorun ooo
People make important life changing decisions with information gotten on this thread please let's endeavour to confirm the information before giving it out as much as we want to help with advise. Especially if it's a stage of the process you've personally not gotten to nor successfully crossed. God will bless us all.
Cheers

The BC was me and i remember stating that it was to my best knowledge besides people on this thread have said they had listening without headphones And just speakers so i don’t understand the jabs you are throwing. All you had to do was clarify.

When i post, i state what i know with clauses like “i think”. If an adult cannot do their own research, how is that my problem
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 10:41pm On Sep 21, 2020
When i respond to posts, it’s based on what i know or may have read on this very NL thread. If it’s wrong, come with your evidence and i’ll retract. We are here to learn not prove superiority.

If you get advice from this thread and fail to do your own due diligence because someone on NL said, good luck to you when your application gets to the VO.

This journey requires patience and plenty reading, money cannot be wasted because you are impatient.

Apologies to anyone who feels i go overboard with my advice here, i’ll be minding my business henceforth.

May this journey favour us all...Love and light.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 21, 2020
Dimple10:
When i respond to posts, it’s based on what i know or may have read on this very NL thread. If it’s wrong, come with your evidence and i’ll retract. We are here to learn not prove superiority.

If you get advice from this thread and fail to do your own due diligence because someone on NL said, good luck to you when your application gets to the VO.

This journey requires patience and plenty reading, money cannot be wasted because you are impatient.

Apologies to anyone who feels i go overboard with my advice here, i’ll be minding my business henceforth.

May this journey favour us all...Love and light.

Ahhhhh!!!! Dont mind your business please. We’re learning from each other and I really do like reading your responses.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 11:13pm On Sep 21, 2020
Sandy10:

Ahhhhh!!!! Dont mind your business please. We’re learning from each other and I really do like reading your responses.

Thank you, i try and will keep trying but i’m honestly discouraged before they say i mislead someone.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Atdeejay12: 11:29pm On Sep 21, 2020
I have been unable to pay for 305$ for wes evaluation . I have used all my debit cards UBA ZENITH ACCESS GTB it doesnt work... same response . P
How to solve this please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by lasignor(m): 11:31pm On Sep 21, 2020
Atdeejay12:
I have been unable to pay for 305$ for wes evaluation . I have used all my debit cards UBA ZENITH ACCESS GTB it doesnt work... same response . P
How to solve this please
Try Access Bank or get a dollar card.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 22, 2020
Ramblings Of An Applicant.....................sooooooo I've been thinking...............in an ideal world, there would probably be no need for this thread wink

The Canadian Government have gone out of their way to explain the programmme in such detail, that it is mind boggling. They even go as far as to tell us their process for processing our applications

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/post.html

We're largely here for moral support, to learn from the experiences of others and to ask for "advice" on "grey" areas.

Since we are different, our views will vary.....sometimes widely!!! I worry that visa officers are just are diverse as we are, and where a matter is not explicitly covered in writing by IRCC, their conclusions may vary, I guess that's why LOEs are so critical sometimes.

NOC mismatch may likely be common, not because people are sending "anyhow" JDs to IRCC (some of us are o tongue), I'm guessing it's just the subjective side of things. In the same vein, in response to a query, one NLer may say: "go ahead no problem". Another may say: "don't try it, rejection straight". Another may say: "well...ok, but add an LOE". Should we agree to disagree (at least for the next 40 pages)? grin

Ultimately, those of us seeking clarification must take responsibility for the outcome of our choices, whatever the source of the advice given.

#IRCCInducedInsomnia
#Read&Research

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 1:35am On Sep 22, 2020
Mamaroon:
Ramblings Of An Applicant.....................sooooooo I've been thinking...............in an ideal world, there would probably be no need for this thread wink

Ultimately, those of us seeking clarification must take responsibility for the outcome of our choices, whatever the source of the advice given.

#IRCCInducedInsomnia

Exactly @ bolded !!! Thank you and have a blessed night.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Oben209(f): 2:43am On Sep 22, 2020
Hi house, is there any AOR group for august, would like to join
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Betterlife2018: 3:59am On Sep 22, 2020
Atdeejay12:
How to solve this please

Please how come your wes evaluation is $305. I know of $230/$259 depending on the delivery address.
Just curious though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by joselum: 4:23am On Sep 22, 2020
Noted. Thanks

listowell:

Accra option is there. Search some pages back.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by awo666(m): 6:38am On Sep 22, 2020
For those intending to applying for transcript through UI please, UI is no more using ETX.NG to send transcript to WES. This is the situation report as at yesterday. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Yellowmellow(f): 6:49am On Sep 22, 2020
Please when is a person's age locked?
When they receive ITA or after they have submitted their application?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nikkybeth: 7:29am On Sep 22, 2020
Please help. I received ITA on the 16th. I've been trying the numbers of IOM Abuja and they're switched off. Who has any info on whether their office is closed due to the pandemic? I sent an email and got an automatic response which still referred me to those numbers to find out the cost. Please guide me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by DebbieWilliams: 7:56am On Sep 22, 2020
Ganzallo:
Hello everyone, Great job on the write ups and tips it has been really enlightening.

I have 2 questions please,

1. I received my ITA yesterday but didn't include my wife and son as that would have dropped my score and the money to move once no be here, but I added them to my application as not accompanying, now I'm being asked why, is it safe to say lack of funds or a more diplomatic excuse? Pls anyone with experience should help as I'm in uncharted waters.

2.Can a brother in law stand as a relative when the wife is included in the application but not accompanying.

Thanks once again.

According to your first question, sounds like you entered the pool as a Single person cos adding your wife and kid (accompanying or not) would have dropped your score? And now you want to add them to your application as not accompanying? If that’s what you did, it’s clear misrepresentation and you will have to decline the ITA. Whether your wife and kid are accompanying or not, they should be mentioned in your EE profile and your POF should be for 3. If what I described sounds like what you did, decline the ITA or risk a ban.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by DebbieWilliams: 7:57am On Sep 22, 2020
Ascending01:
Hello house, I would like to seek clarifications on a professional certificate evaluation

If I had claimed exemption using ICAN certificate to skip some ACCA papers (say I skipped F1-F9) will my ACCA be evaluated and assessed as equivalent to a Canadian 4 year degree?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by DebbieWilliams: 7:58am On Sep 22, 2020
[quote author=Ascending01 post=94134144]Hello house, I would like to seek clarifications on a professional certificate evaluation

If I had claimed exemption using ICAN certificate to skip some ACCA papers (say I skipped F1-F9) will my ACCA be evaluated and assessed as equivalent
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by DebbieWilliams: 8:01am On Sep 22, 2020
nekkyblues:
Hello guys, I need some clarification concerning POF.

For 1 person, it’s about 12,960 CAD. I have an uncle that wants to pay the money into my account but in US dollars (had to open a domiciliary account for that purpose).

It’s equivalent is about 10,000 USD, told him to pay it in bits, he has paid 3k dollars twice and it’s remaining about 4k. Want him to pay the rest by next month.

My question is hope it won’t look suspicious that I have such amount entering my account, when I request for my statement of account, it will only show that money was paid in 3 times.

Hope this will not be an issue?

Your feedback will be much appreciated.

It’s obviously a gift and you would have to do a gift deed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by DebbieWilliams: 8:02am On Sep 22, 2020
listowell:

Ask IRCC grin

Hahaha
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by rotile247(m): 8:14am On Sep 22, 2020
Atdeejay12:
How to solve this please

1. Go to standard chartered bank or Stanbicibtc or call their customer service online to confirm if their monthly dollar limit for naira debit card is still $500. If it is you can open account there, get the card and use.
Or
2. Get a dollar card from any of your present bank. it could be a prepaid dollar card which you will fund by buying dollars from aboki.

N.B your payment should be 230 Canadian dollar = $175 USD. Just edit your details, choose postal courier $7 (and not express or DHL) and use your Nigeria address as you don't really need the hard copy from express courier. WES will send soft copy to IRCC and you'll have the downloadable soft copy in your profile which you can save on your PC and print if you wish. You are also not supposed to pay tax HST except you just want to dash Canada money, mind you there are still lots of money to spend in this journey hence no need of wastage.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Richdee1(m): 8:20am On Sep 22, 2020
rotile247:

1. Go to standard chartered bank or Stanbicibtc or call their customer service online to confirm if their monthly dollar limit for naira debit card is still $500. If it is you can open account there, get the card and use.
Or
2. Get a dollar card from any of your present bank. it could be a prepaid dollar card which you will fund by buying dollars from aboki.

N.B your payment should be 230 Canadian dollar = $175 USD. Just edit your details, choose postal courier $7 (and not express or DHL) and use your Nigeria address as you don't really need the hard copy from express courier. WES will send soft copy to IRCC and you'll have the downloadable soft copy in your profile which you can save on your PC and print if you wish. You are also not supposed to pay tax HST except you just want to dash Canada money, mind you there are still lots of money to spend in this journey hence no need of wastage.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Violettt(f): 9:08am On Sep 22, 2020
Nikkybeth:
Please help. I received ITA on the 16th. I've been trying the numbers of IOM Abuja and they're switched off. Who has any info on whether their office is closed due to the pandemic? I sent an email and got an automatic response which still referred me to those numbers to find out the cost. Please guide me.

To the best of my knowledge their offices are open. Are u trying to book for medicals? If you are reply the automatic reply with your information and preferred date and they will reply you shortly

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by RTreasure: 9:09am On Sep 22, 2020
I need the link as well. Please guys help

Oben209:
Hi house, is there any AOR group for august, would like to join
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by dami94: 9:26am On Sep 22, 2020
[quote author=rotile247 post=94182199]

Just to support your first point..

This was as at last friday.

1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 22, 2020
Goodday house, please how many months of pay slips should be submitted to ircc
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by lasignor(m): 9:30am On Sep 22, 2020
Nikkybeth:

https://mymedical.iom.int/apps/omas/

Book from here. Look at the available dates and time and choose anyone you are comfortable with.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by rotile247(m): 9:40am On Sep 22, 2020
Grreenk:
Goodday house, please how many months of pay slips should be submitted to ircc

6months or 1 year is fine depending on what you can get but make sure the sum for 1 year tallies with your annual salary stated in your job reference letter.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 22, 2020
I work in a private company, there were two or three months i wasnt paid, cos business was slow, and am still owed the amount down till today, this happened around november, december last year, and then there is the coronavirus period, which i wasnt paid for 3 months as we were told by the company to go home without pay as business was crippled then . So what do i do for this situations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 10:10am On Sep 22, 2020
Grreenk:
I work in a private company, there were two or three months i wasnt paid, cos business was slow, and am still owed the amount down till today, this happened around november, december last year, and then there is the coronavirus period, which i wasnt paid for 3 months as we were told by the company to go home without pay as business was crippled then . So what do i do for this situations
nothing. Submit only reference letter. If they ask you for payslips later provide this explanation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.