Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1358699 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 11:06am On Sep 23, 2020
hazel01:
I am just about applying,so what will one do?
If you’re applying from PG school you can do the whole thing online from payment to application and it will be processed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by IlesanmiG: 11:11am On Sep 23, 2020
Ive sent you a mail
hazel01:
are you in Ibadan...I am in Ibadan,send your number lets connect
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Omodollyp: 11:13am On Sep 23, 2020
Mamaroon:

Does his account mean your husband's or father-in-law's?

If father-in-law's, I don't think a gift he has given you can remain in his own account.

If husband's see below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

Thank you so much. I mean my husband's account. We will go ahead to open a joint account.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ankaravillageng: 11:20am On Sep 23, 2020
Ddnazy:

Good morning. Have you been able to register for the exams. I have tried to but I am having issues. I sent you a PM pls

Yes I have, there is a WhatsApp group. And I can also put you through. Whichever you prefer, hurry as there is a 15% discount for the 1st week or so which would end on Friday I think. I don't think we are allowed to post number so maybe you can send a mail.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by DebbieWilliams: 11:31am On Sep 23, 2020
Omodollyp:

Thank you so much. I mean my husband's account. We will go ahead to open a joint account.

You don’t need to open a joint account. Let the money be in your husband’s account and he gives you a letter of consent saying you have full access to the funds.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MamaHeaven: 11:31am On Sep 23, 2020
Debbieeeeeee:

This is what most schools say until you land there yourself , another thing that worked for my cousin was she went to school and got the official email of the school and called wes to tell them this is where they should send it to , apparently she discovered Wes had uest. sending the verification to the school but not the department concerned with the verification so they kept saying they didn’t see anything from WES. If you can get the contact of the person that handles verification in your school it’ll make things easier too.

Thank you very much. We're trying to get the school to send a mail to Wes stating that they are yet to receive the verification request. That way wes can respond with it. I hope this works out
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by mobenjackson(m): 11:40am On Sep 23, 2020
MamaHeaven:

Thank you very much. We're trying to get the school to send a mail to Wes stating that they are yet to receive the verification request. That way wes can respond with it. I hope this works out

This route is called WES access, and for your school to be able to get in touch with WES, they will have to go via the contact us form but they will state reason on form as "OTHERS". I believe WES will correspond with your school going forward once this is done.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by selenium(m): 12:02pm On Sep 23, 2020
IELTS results came in.

First attempt with 3 days of study.

My advice is prioritizing practice to tutorials. Read books (2 per week), listen to podcasts and try to summarize afterwards, make a habit of writing properly (most especially abbreviations) irrespective of the forum and most importantly, not being averse to corrections.

Wish success to everyone on the IELTS journey.

24 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by flashycleo: 12:07pm On Sep 23, 2020
please im really confused dont know if my degree matches my experience, i Have a degree in linguistics and 9yrs experience in human resource can i go ahead with sasketchewan PNP?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by vitrendy4eva: 12:13pm On Sep 23, 2020
Send me a pm. I’d send you the link to one.
Papafri:
I will kindly want to know if there are any groups for September AOR. Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by achmed1(m): 12:26pm On Sep 23, 2020
Hey guys I need some advice... submitted oinp application recently...went back to check again and noticed a small mistake...

Under a section were we indicate how much is available to us as settlement funds I indicated 12900 cad instead of 12960 cad Which is ircc requirement for a single applicant.

Although my pof as per documents submitted and letter of explanation is well in excess of the required amount.

Should I be worried? or do I contact them to make the correction?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Neam9: 12:44pm On Sep 23, 2020
Ohh so it means I've to process it before leaving naija?

Debbieeeeeee:

But when you settle and you want to convert your degree you’ll need it to be sent to NCA alongside your transcripts

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Hydra1(m): 1:09pm On Sep 23, 2020
Pls house I need a little clarification on my pof issue.
Mid March when a decline in naira value was looming, I decided to liquidate my t-bills to keep my pof in USD dom instead.

Now my worry is this, when buying the USD, I paid through transfer and got the USD in cash, which I then paid into my new dom acct.
Will this be an issue since I can't show transfer history for the usd? If it is an issue, pls how can I clarify this? Thanks

Pls @mamaroon @kekereekun ��
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 23, 2020
Thank you, doing that right away
vitrendy4eva:
Send me a pm. I’d send you the link to one.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Atdeejay12: 1:34pm On Sep 23, 2020
If any one finds it difficult to pay wes use barter that's what I used

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Omodollyp: 1:40pm On Sep 23, 2020
DebbieWilliams:

You don’t need to open a joint account. Let the money be in your husband’s account and he gives you a letter of consent saying you have full access to the funds.

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by lumide533(m): 2:07pm On Sep 23, 2020
Atdeejay12:

what is barter
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Prisscindy(f): 3:02pm On Sep 23, 2020
Atdeejay12:

What was CAD$230 equivalent in dollars please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Favouredhands: 3:09pm On Sep 23, 2020
achmed1:
Hey guys I need some advice... submitted oinp application recently...went back to check again and noticed a small mistake...

Under a section were we indicate how much is available to us as settlement funds I indicated 12900 cad instead of 12960 cad Which is ircc requirement for a single applicant.

Although my pof as per documents submitted and letter of explanation is well in excess of the required amount.

Should I be worried? or do I contact them to make the correction?

Raise a web form and attach a current bank statement showing the balance to prove that you really have the required funds.

Then you add a letter explaining that there was an oversight.

All the best
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Silversurfer1: 3:11pm On Sep 23, 2020
Atdeejay12:

Is there a limit and can you pay in Naira?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Prisscindy(f): 3:16pm On Sep 23, 2020
Silversurfer1:

Is there a limit and can you pay in Naira?

It's like buying black market dollars into a virtual card and it could be used to make online payment. There's no limit and yes, you pay in naira.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 23, 2020
Hydra1:
Mid March when a decline in naira value was looming, I decided to liquidate my t-bills to keep my pof in USD dom instead.

Now my worry is this, when buying the USD, I paid through transfer and got the USD in cash, which I then paid into my new dom acct.
Will this be an issue since I can't show transfer history for the usd? If it is an issue, pls how can I clarify this? Thanks

If you are post AOR and already gave your tbills as POF, I'm not sure there is anything for you to do now (unless IRCC asks for further details on the status of your POF via an ADR). My thinking is that the money is still intact even though the form has changed from tbills to USD account balance.

If you get an ADR in the future, you could provide USD Statement, previous Naira statement (showing the tbills bought and redeemed as well Naira payment for the USD), LOE with what you told us above and receipt of the FX transaction from BDC (if you have anything like that).

If you are pre ITA/AOR, maybe provide the docs I listed above OR you just give the USD statement and wait for further queries (if any). Your choice.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ecanes: 3:28pm On Sep 23, 2020
I would not advice you to raise any webform for this unless they have specifically requested for updated POF.

You might not get any request. Don't steer up issues where there might not be.

I did the same thing you did initially. Although I have sold most of my dollars now and returned the naira funds to my mutual funds account because of the recent drop in dollars.

If they request for updated POF, I will provide a reference from my mutual funds for them. A friend did same and he is in Canada now....

Hydra1:

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Cyntibarbie: 3:30pm On Sep 23, 2020
Hello everyone,

I am 34, first degree and about 10years experience post NYSC. I run my own business in In the textile industry, my experience is more Busines development because I was also in marketing in my 9-5 before I started my business.
I have not written ielts yet. When I tried simulating my scores with max ielts scores my CRS was 414.

What steps can I take to increase my CRS score?
If I apply for PNP, which one is advisable?

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 23, 2020
Cyntibarbie:
Hello everyone,

I am 34, first degree and about 10years experience post NYSC. I run my own business in In the textile industry, my experience is more Busines development because I was also in marketing in my 9-5 before I started my business.
I have not written ielts yet. When I tried simulating my scores with max ielts scores my CRS was 414.

What steps can I take to increase my CRS score?
If I apply for PNP, which one is advisable?

Thank you so much.

How to increase my CRS

https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/254#85320196

https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/684#92471034

PNP

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/262#53512787

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/works.html - includes province websites

https://www.nairaland.com/4180147/all-canadian-provincial-nominee-programs#62433299 - PNP Thread

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Atdeejay12: 4:02pm On Sep 23, 2020
Please house, to those who sit for IELTS EXAMS please i need specific materials for quick study
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Hydra1(m): 4:15pm On Sep 23, 2020
Mamaroon:

If you are post AOR and already gave your tbills as POF, I'm not sure there is anything for you to do now (unless IRCC asks for further details on the status of your POF via an ADR). My thinking is that the money is still intact even though the form has changed from tbills to USD account balance.

If you get an ADR in the future, you could provide USD Statement, previous Naira statement (showing the tbills bought and redeemed as well Naira payment for the USD), LOE with what you told us above and receipt of the FX transaction from BDC (if you have anything like that).

If you are pre ITA/AOR, maybe provide the docs I listed above OR you just give the USD statement and wait for further queries (if any). Your choice.

Thanks a lot @mamaroon
I am pre ITA (471) and I have a receipt for the fx transaction but I also noticed the name of acct holder (bdc operator) I paid to, is different from that on the receipt I was given. Hope not an issue?
Although the entire transaction from liquidation of tbill to crediting new Dom acct happened within 48hrs.
Thanks for indulging me, just trying to be extra careful.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Hydra1(m): 4:18pm On Sep 23, 2020
Ecanes:
I would not advice you to raise any webform for this unless they have specifically requested for updated POF.

You might not get any request. Don't steer up issues where there might not be.

I did the same thing you did initially. Although I have sold most of my dollars now and returned the naira funds to my mutual funds account because of the recent drop in dollars.

If they request for updated POF, I will provide a reference from my mutual funds for them. A friend did same and he is in Canada now....

Noted thanks
I'm pre ITA, will try and keep it as simple as I can
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 4:19pm On Sep 23, 2020
Neam9:
Ohh so it means I've to process it before leaving naija?

It’s better to do the process when you’re on ground not when you leave and anyone you send starts to take advantage or wasting your time unnecessarily. It can be done anytime but I’ve started mine now and what I have outstanding is this letter of good standing from SC
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 23, 2020
I did mine October last year. It took about a week to get it back. I didn't pay for mine but I hear people say it costs about 5-10k to get it done. Which is far less than Supreme Court's price considering I had to post it myself.
Debbieeeeeee:

Please was your application recent ? If it was then I’m off to my NBA branch. Because the requirements I’m seeing now is giving me headache meanwhile some people got theirs a few years ago without much ado
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Cpearl4u: 5:29pm On Sep 23, 2020
Please help me out as well. I have been able to register as a member.

ankaravillageng:

Yes I have, there is a WhatsApp group. And I can also put you through. Whichever you prefer, hurry as there is a 15% discount for the 1st week or so which would end on Friday I think. I don't think we are allowed to post number so maybe you can send a mail.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 5:37pm On Sep 23, 2020
lawyerintransit:
I did mine October last year. It took about a week to get it back. I didn't pay for mine but I hear people say it costs about 5-10k to get it done. Which is far less than Supreme Court's price considering I had to post it myself.
The latest requirement now is that you need a letter of introduction from the Secretary to the council of legal education to the Supreme Court which is 5k paid via remita then apply with call to bar , qualifying and undergraduate certificates , letter of application etc. The thing weak me too when I hear o because everyone I know got theirs without troubles but they’ve stiffened the process now.
Did you send yours to NCA? NCA is saying the issuing body should be the one to post to them not the individual so I’ll have to use Supreme courts courier

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.