Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments (19707 Views)

CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent / Lauretta Onochie To Oyedepo Over Rejection Of CAMA: Build Your Own Country / Buhari’s title: No law states how a President should be addressed - NBA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by DEmejioba1: 7:28am On Aug 28, 2020
Openbusiness:
No, I don't want Buhari to do that. My answer was in response to your question about what Osinbande proposed, which you said was brilliant but I was letting you know was not automatic and so not practical to address the immediate concerns of the religious organizations. Then as per constitution, Buhari signed the bill; without his signature it won't be law. Same Constitution gives power to make executive orders that can suspend or halt implementation of certain aspects or totality of a law. It is within his constitutional powers. What he cannot do is scrap it but he can pause or suspend the implementation by executive order. But outside of all that, what I want Buhari to do is to start a fire that will consume his regime and destroy whatever chance they have to retain power in 2023. And FYI, your sly exaggerated understatement of less than "1,000 pastors" is contradicting your very logic, because those less than 1,000 pastors have millions of congregation who are citizens spread across the country and whatever affects their Church affect the congregation. So they have a right to be heard. And next time, employ a better statistician because there are hundreds of thousands of clergymen, if not millions in this country, not to mention other religions. Don't just pull up unintelligent figures from the wind

And these are coming out for someone who say that Nigeria is very bad everyday.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Guyman02: 7:29am On Aug 28, 2020
MikkieEl:

The abuse is as inevitable as death.
Why did you quote the whole article, please modify your post, quoting everything makes the site clumsy. Thanks
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by eplanning: 7:29am On Aug 28, 2020
Grandmeister:

The ignorant white lady you posted just buttresses my point. I don’t even know who is more ignorant between the both of you. Was Jesus white? A lot of negros today are even more light skinned than the Jews of the time of Jesus.

The Jews are negroes, period.

SEE: Negroes, Negroland And The True Biblical Israelites
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by okefrancis: 7:30am On Aug 28, 2020
Divisco:
[why is this man still one of RCCG pastor
What type of rubbish and idiotic question you are asking
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by eplanning: 7:31am On Aug 28, 2020
Naija4love:
to be serious with you. I just don't like how we take religion in this country this thing is dividing us all and the politics are using it on us all.

TRUE.
Religion has done much harm.
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by almarthins(m): 7:32am On Aug 28, 2020
yerokunphilips:
Wait ooo don't we have Christian in the house when the so called law was passed ? What were the Christian law makers looking ,? Some people are blaming Mr President for this ? Mr President is not the problem here, is our Christian law makers that should carry all the insults .
I think is time for CAN to call all Christian law makers and explain the sensitivity of such bill to them ,and pick one of them to lead the needed amendment of the law .
ONE THING I KNOW FOR SURE ,IF THE VICE PRESIDENT IS THE PRESIDENT THAT BILL ,WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF THE DAY . CHRISTIAN ARE TOO DOCILE ON THE ISSUE OF THEIR FAITH ,DO YOU THINK MY MUSLIMS BROTHERS IS ACCEPT SUCH BILL IN THE HOUSE ? WE ARE PEACE LOVING DOESN'T MEAN WE SHOULD BE FOOLISH . DO YOU HEAR WHAT THE GOVERNOR OF KANO SAID ,HE IS READY TO SIGN THE KILLING OF THAT MAN .HE IS DEFENDING HIS FAITH , CHRISTIAN TOO SHOULD STAND UP AND DEFEND THEIR FAITH LEGALLY AND PEACEFUL .
BEING A CHRISTIAN IS NOT SAME AS BEING STUPID .
WE SHOULD ALWAYS REMEMBER TURKEY THE HOME OF APOSTLE PAUL .
CHURCH SHOULD STAND UP AND DEFEND THIS FAITH , WITHOUT CARRYING STICK NOR GUNS.
GET THE BEST WRITERS LET THEM START WRITING AGAINST THE LAW AND CALL FOR AMENDMENT . TALK TO CHRISTIAN SANS TO STAND UP , FOR THEIR FAITH .
THANKS THE VICE PRESIDENT FOR SHOWING US THE WAY OUT .
GOD BLESS CHRISTIANS , MUSLIMS , TRADITIONAL WORSHIPPERS AND OTHER RELIGION.
GOD MR PRESIDENT
GOD BLESS THE VICE PRESIDENT
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

They have sold themselves to money. I no come even understand osibanjo again. Is he not a christian again? Abi dem don islamize am for aso rock?
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 28, 2020
unclemaths:
I don't know shit about CAMA but this I know:
KAMA is a bitch!

What goes around comes around.
CAMA is an act that governs the regulation of businesses/organizations made for profit or otherwise.
It means COMPANIES AND ALLIED MATTERS ACT.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Vikynas: 7:34am On Aug 28, 2020
This is targeted on Christianity in Nigeria take Mosques or whatever out of CAMA it was mainly put in place because of churches the truth be told there is nothing like one Nigeria.VP is just shaking in his position he can't speak freely because forces are hovering around him to strike

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Joyce95: 7:36am On Aug 28, 2020
This is why I love to hear to my VP speak, he always speaks with wisdom.

God will continue to strengthen you sir.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 28, 2020
Need for more money has triggered the government to force CAMA on churches. Once agreement is reached over this issue I am very sure churches will start to pay TAX. And that's the major move of the government on this issue from my own personal observation.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by okefrancis: 7:37am On Aug 28, 2020
Openbusiness:
No, I don't want Buhari to do that. My answer was in response to your question about what Osinbande proposed, which you said was brilliant but I was letting you know was not automatic and so not practical to address the immediate concerns of the religious organizations. Then as per constitution, Buhari signed the bill; without his signature it won't be law. Same Constitution gives power to make executive orders that can suspend or halt implementation of certain aspects or totality of a law. It is within his constitutional powers. What he cannot do is scrap it but he can pause or suspend the implementation by executive order. But outside of all that, what I want Buhari to do is to start a fire that will consume his regime and destroy whatever chance they have to retain power in 2023. And FYI, your sly exaggerated understatement of less than "1,000 pastors" is contradicting your very logic, because those less than 1,000 pastors have millions of congregation who are citizens spread across the country and whatever affects their Church affect the congregation. So they have a right to be heard. And next time, employ a better statistician because there are hundreds of thousands of clergymen, if not millions in this country, not to mention other religions. Don't just pull up unintelligent figures from the wind
I will like you to do proper investigation or read to understand all the vp osinbajo means before you open you dirty buccal cavity to address what you don't have knowledge about and one thing more if you are not satisfy then write proposal and submit it

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by almarthins(m): 7:37am On Aug 28, 2020
martineverest:
it's a pity that a learned Christian still think someone will force Qur'an on him in this space age

No wonder that guy call u a fool. Though i am nt saying you are. But try and open ur eyes. The seven churches that was mentioned in revelation are in asia minor, the present day turkey. So how did they root out all the seven churches?

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Guyman02: 7:37am On Aug 28, 2020
martineverest:
is the law meant for Christianity alone..Muslims and non profit organizations are all affected too,but pastors only lamented cos of their shady dealings
The law was made by Muslims for Christians. Why is CAMA not saying that a court cannot sentence a member of a charity to death for blasphemy?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by SmartPolician: 7:37am On Aug 28, 2020
RuddyFusion:
Osibade is only speaking grammar

No, he actually made sense
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by okefrancis: 7:38am On Aug 28, 2020
Nigeria needs someone like VP OSINBAJO that always speaks the truth

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by simpleseyi: 7:41am On Aug 28, 2020
Divisco:
[why is this man still one of RCCG pastor

because idiots and nincompoops cannot curse whom God hath blessed.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Deputy1111(m): 7:41am On Aug 28, 2020
cool
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by simpleseyi: 7:42am On Aug 28, 2020
RuddyFusion:
Osibade is only speaking grammar

And what are you speaking? Nonsensical nonsese of course.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by desiredhome: 7:44am On Aug 28, 2020
phemmie06:

It will affect Christians more than any religious body.
How ? Pls explain
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by simpleseyi: 7:46am On Aug 28, 2020
martineverest:
I'm a Christian.the law. wasn't meant for Christians alone,why are they the only one lamenting?

They are lamenting because they are the ones passing Church leadership from Father to Son. Oyedepo just made his son the heir in chief about three years ago. Have you heard G.O. Adeboye rant about the Law? No, he does not own the Church and the next head of the Church after him is not his Son or wife or Daughter like Benson Idahosa did which Oyedepo has copied.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Openbusiness: 7:47am On Aug 28, 2020
DEmejioba1:

And these are coming out for someone who say that Nigeria is very bad everyday.
Terrorists that killed thousands of civilians and soldiers and stole + destroyed properties of civilians + military assets worth billions have legal backing of being protected, cared for, "rehabilitated" and reintegrated into society as free men. But someone that made a "controversial" statement or song that some people deemed as insult to their religous beliefs has been legally by Sharia laws (which is operating legally because it has legal backing in the Constitution) been arrested, prosecuted and sentenced to death, with the Governor of that jurisdiction allegedly saying that he is ready and eager to sign off the implementation of his execution. Now tell me your kind Honorable Sir, is that good thing or a bad thing? Share your views please.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by lisa286: 7:48am On Aug 28, 2020
yerokunphilips:
Wait ooo don't we have Christian in the house when the so called law was passed ? What were the Christian law makers looking ,? Some people are blaming Mr President for this ? Mr President is not the problem here, is our Christian law makers that should carry all the insults .
I think is time for CAN to call all Christian law makers and explain the sensitivity of such bill to them ,and pick one of them to lead the needed amendment of the law .
ONE THING I KNOW FOR SURE ,IF THE VICE PRESIDENT IS THE PRESIDENT THAT BILL ,WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF THE DAY . CHRISTIAN ARE TOO DOCILE ON THE ISSUE OF THEIR FAITH ,DO YOU THINK MY MUSLIMS BROTHERS IS ACCEPT SUCH BILL IN THE HOUSE ? WE ARE PEACE LOVING DOESN'T MEAN WE SHOULD BE FOOLISH . DO YOU HEAR WHAT THE GOVERNOR OF KANO SAID ,HE IS READY TO SIGN THE KILLING OF THAT MAN .HE IS DEFENDING HIS FAITH , CHRISTIAN TOO SHOULD STAND UP AND DEFEND THEIR FAITH LEGALLY AND PEACEFUL .
BEING A CHRISTIAN IS NOT SAME AS BEING STUPID .
WE SHOULD ALWAYS REMEMBER TURKEY THE HOME OF APOSTLE PAUL .
CHURCH SHOULD STAND UP AND DEFEND THIS FAITH , WITHOUT CARRYING STICK NOR GUNS.
GET THE BEST WRITERS LET THEM START WRITING AGAINST THE LAW AND CALL FOR AMENDMENT . TALK TO CHRISTIAN SANS TO STAND UP , FOR THEIR FAITH .
THANKS THE VICE PRESIDENT FOR SHOWING US THE WAY OUT .
GOD BLESS CHRISTIANS , MUSLIMS , TRADITIONAL WORSHIPPERS AND OTHER RELIGION.
GOD MR PRESIDENT
GOD BLESS THE VICE PRESIDENT
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

This particular issue covers both the churches, mosques and charity organisations.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by simpleseyi: 7:48am On Aug 28, 2020
Openbusiness:
Terrorists that killed thousands of civilians and soldiers and stole + destroyed properties of civilians + military assets worth billions have legal backing of being protected, cared for, "rehabilitated" and reintegrated into society as free men. But someone that made a "controversial" statement or song that some people deemed as insult to their religous beliefs has been legally by Sharia laws (which is operating legally because it has legal backing in the Constitution) to be arrested, prosecuted and sentenced to death, with the Governor of that jurisdiction allegedly saying that he is ready and eager to sign off the implementation of his execution. Now tell me your kind Honorable Sir, is that good thing or a bad thing? Share your views please.

All these rants are just in one sentence. What type of sensetense is this? Simple Sentence? Complex Sentence? Compound Sentence? Or Senseless Sentence?
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by RuddyFusion(m): 7:53am On Aug 28, 2020
able20:

No blame Osinbajo, the poor man has multiple Bosses, Buhari, Adeboye and Cabals he must be careful with words.

Correct.... exactly his problem
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by RuddyFusion(m): 7:54am On Aug 28, 2020
babaztee:

You have not read what he said.

I did ....that's how a man who doesn't know what to do on a matter that's he's expected to have a say speaks.....

Just like his statement on southern Kaduna issue...
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by desiredhome: 7:55am On Aug 28, 2020
Jamjoon:

You claim to be a christian, yet you don't know that islamization of this country is in force.
SHAME ON YOU!

Propaganda/ignorant is killing Nigerians faster than any other thing....

Are you people not tired of this islamization nonsense?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by RuddyFusion(m): 7:56am On Aug 28, 2020
Nauttyprof:

He had risen to his responsibility as the Vice president who is also a Christian and all you thought of was that it is purely grammar. If he had kept mute, you all will complain. Now, he is talking you are saying otherwise.

May God help this country.

Is speaking grammar part of his responsibility as VP?

What will he do after the grammar?

Does he have any influence over the cabal that's pursuing their agenda through the law?

Nah
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by Ayiba0911: 7:58am On Aug 28, 2020
aremuforlife:

Who should it be?
Why are they afraid of the law?
It's like the Christians leaders are afraid of accountability.

I don't think they are afraid of accountability but the ABBUSE of the law. The Government is known for the abuse of law, one has to be afraid because the next one might affect you.

Look at the international travel ban, does it concern them and their families?
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:58am On Aug 28, 2020
[quote author=osarog post=93302281]I support CAMA in its entirety. Pastors are scammers. They collect tithe and offering from the poor to build hospitals and schools for the rich. Buy prevent jets and live opulently.

One day government will be in total control of the all the money the gullible in our society give to these organized religious scamming bodies. [/quote

the whole loans and other money that the government has, please tell me, what have they done with it, aside looting endlessly
Re: Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments by michoim(m): 8:00am On Aug 28, 2020
Nice one from our ever able vice president...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Yoruba Scholars, Monarchs Caution Igboho, Demand Decentralised Govt / Hope, Sylva, Ododo: Tinubu Presents Flags To APC Candidates For Nov 11 Election / Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.