Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,110 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination (28421 Views)

UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) / 27 Months Salary Arrears: Osun Tertiary Institutions Embark On Industrial Action / SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 28, 2020
Sis, do u mean lead city university or Leeds university.. hvnt heard of Leeds anyways
Queenlovely:
University cut off Mark is 180
polytechnic cut off Mark is 100

so how can you compare apples with orange

college of education is even worst,
their cut off Mark is 25.

I beg swerve let us hear better gist. even with the hnd what can you construct.

BSC is respected worldwide, who know hnd, very soon ond students will want to rub shoulders too.

mind you I am a graduate of Leeds University, we no be mate

team BSC hit love button, team hnd ffffuck off
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by bootycapon(m): 7:13pm On Aug 28, 2020
They are not crying foul, they are asking for justice. You and your likes are not in anyway better than them. The only reason you can open your mouth recklessly and vomit, is that holders of HND have not been accorded their rightful places in the scheme of things.
But it will happen and things will fall in place so you will know that the bottom rung is where block head like you belongs.
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 28, 2020
mydivinely in the north, nepotism sometimes occur. Many hausa boys who are attendants are members of the family of the petrol station owner (more like illiterate distant relative or some sort of connection) especially in jigawa. No one cares if you are academically sound. I'm even talking about some popular fuel stations even Kano and in Kaduna. It's given to ND holders and they receive an average of 40k (in some cases). You people on social media lie a lot
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 28, 2020
IncredibleWrite:
I can see how you are running from pillar to post trying to sell the narrative that the Polytechnic is not only equal but better than Universities. This is nothing but self-delusion!

Be sincere to yourself, if you had both opportunities on a platter; which would you go for?

I know there are brilliant and dumb people in both institutions, but you certainly can't compare them in proportion.

The University standard is higher. The infrastructures are better equipped. The entry qualifications aren't the same. And you want them to be equal?

It is good that there are some Poly graduates out there doing well for themselves, but you will be making a joke of yourself by trying to sell the narrative that they are equal or even better than Universities! Not even in the next 1000 years...

I'm a university graduate. Not even here. But I MUST SAY THE TRUTH
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by ojib(m): 7:22pm On Aug 28, 2020
thanks with your pride that leads you always to the canal.

I pay salaries of BSc holders with my HND. and make an HND HOLDER their boss.. Most of you can't think beyond what you see.

keep bragging with your BSc while we keep making it..

Olodo.

Queenlovely:
University cut off Mark is 180
polytechnic cut off Mark is 100

so how can you compare apples with orange

college of education is even worst,
their cut off Mark is 25.

I beg swerve let us hear better gist. even with the hnd what can you construct.

BSC is respected worldwide, who know hnd, very soon ond students will want to rub shoulders too.

mind you I am a graduate of Leeds University, we no be mate

team BSC hit love button, team hnd ffffuck off
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by IncredibleWrite: 7:22pm On Aug 28, 2020
sbaks:
I'm a university graduate. Not even here. But I MUST SAY THE TRUTH
Then the fault must be from the University you attended. Not here...Cotonou I guess then.

1 Like

Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Chukwudi4naija(m): 7:22pm On Aug 28, 2020
Chukwudi4naija:
These HND holders with their entitlement mentality. This discrimination has been there for ages and you think this is the right time to change the status quo, having lagged behind in intellect with your contemporaries who struggled so hard to beat the admission standard obtainable in universities.

No one in Nigeria would have desired polytechnic education if given an option to attend university. So why crying foul now. It's never a rewarding adventure to compromise standard. Always aim to be among the best to avoid unnecessary struggle to upturn reality.
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 28, 2020
feranmi76:

Then you get it wrong here and you need to step up in your research. BTW, what's the name of your organization and what your area of specialization, maybe I should just give you one university I. T student so that you will understand.
I'm not talking about discrimination here, but I'm telling you that their role is different, thy they aren't equal. If I give your polytechnic I. T student a role of university student a bet with you that he/she will find it hard to comprehend at that instance. And if you don't agree, send one if them to Lagos here, electrical engineering to be precised.
Thanks
What is this one saying? I SAID I HAVE BOTH AND BOTH HAVE BEEN WORKING. FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS, IVE BEEN RECRUITING BOTH. SO WHAT ARE YOU SAYING OGA. I currently have 2 first class graduates who are giving me headache. So shameful an IT student from a Polytechnic in Jos was who came and did simple stuffs/calculations these full-time new recruit were to do. What I heard is that they've not been taught. Till that boy left, I asked him to put them through cos I couldn't drive them considering the condition of this country. I promised myself, when that boy finishes his hnd, I'll employ him FULL TIME and make him head a new and sensitive unit I'm thinking of creating. So pathetic!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by joyandfaith: 7:25pm On Aug 28, 2020
sbaks:
So sad! TBH the students universities graduate these days are Nothing to write home about. All they are interested In is social media. University education has lost it's relevance in recent times and operate in "PAST GLORY". To my greatest shock, a lot of Polytechnic students have been delivering of late (and even college of health tech.). Very intelligent and serious minded people even in the field. I was made to understand that due to the "practical nature of the Polytechnic system" they get more serious and are exposed to a lot hence their ability to deliver.
As an employer of labour, I'd rather go for a Polytechnic graduate (who knows the job and need not be told what to do) than a university graduate who knows nothing. I'll not have to spend money on training them (Polytechnic graduates) as they are really no freshers and are exposed more in the job environment. Their SIWES (nd1), full IT (After ND which they naturally go look for full time jobs) gives them edge over university graduates. I must confess, they really deliver in the field (At least from all I've worked with TRUTH BE TOLD). IT SHOULD BE EQUATED
I have been maintaining that most universities should be converted to polytechnic or technical colleges. We need only few universities for certain courses. if we are to develop as nation, we need to develop technical education.
HND holders should progress in their careers as BSc holders. when people say school is scam, I say university education is scam.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Austeen007(m): 7:25pm On Aug 28, 2020
nigeria isn't ready
sbaks:
So sad! TBH the students universities graduate these days are Nothing to write home about. All they are interested In is social media. University education has lost it's relevance in recent times and operate in "PAST GLORY". To my greatest shock, a lot of Polytechnic students have been delivering of late (and even college of health tech.). Very intelligent and serious minded people even in the field. I was made to understand that due to the "practical nature of the Polytechnic system" they get more serious and are exposed to a lot hence their ability to deliver.
As an employer of labour, I'd rather go for a Polytechnic graduate (who knows the job and need not be told what to do) than a university graduate who knows nothing. I'll not have to spend money on training them (Polytechnic graduates) as they are really no freshers and are exposed more in the job environment. Their SIWES (nd1), full IT (After ND which they naturally go look for full time jobs) gives them edge over university graduates. I must confess, they really deliver in the field (At least from all I've worked with TRUTH BE TOLD). IT SHOULD BE EQUATED
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 28, 2020
IncredibleWrite:
Then the fault must be from the University you attended. Not here...Cotonou I guess then.
Look at this fool! Am I your mate? When did cotonou start UNIVERSITY? Do you know how old I am? Is every commenter on nairaland a kid? I schooled in England and have 2 masters (one here from South west). Besides I'm not your mate. I can tell you are a kid and it reflects a lot.
Back to the topic, University students of NOW don't deliver.
Well this is in faceless forum. Feel free to run your mouth. But I bet you in real life you wouldn't dare.
BETTER TO GO TO A PRIVATE UNIVERSITY OR ABROAD FOR STUDIES. NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY SYSTEM IS A MESS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by maasoap(m): 7:30pm On Aug 28, 2020
sbaks:
As an employer of labour, I'd rather go for a Polytechnic graduate (who knows the job and need not be told what to do) than a university graduate who knows nothing. I'll not have to spend money on training them (Polytechnic graduates) as they are really no freshers and are exposed more in the job environment. Their SIWES (nd1), full IT (After ND which they naturally go look for full time jobs) gives them edge over university graduates . I must confess, they really deliver in the field (At least from all I've worked with TRUTH BE TOLD). IT SHOULD BE EQUATED

Lol. Easier to spot OND/HND holder.
The discrimination that got an HND certificate holder a civil defence job and got me disqualified! That day, I wished that my degree certificate turned into HND certificate

1 Like

Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Agbebakun22: 7:32pm On Aug 28, 2020
terens:
My advice to pple seeing themselves being discriminated is that JUST SAVE MONEY after graduation and attend a highly recognized school.

For me, after graduation I splashed money on getting a better school and organization name on my CV

1- Harvard business school
2- World Bank Group certification program

Companies don’t call me for interview they asked me “how much salary do you want?
Before inviting me over.

Do whatever it takes to get a school name among the top 10 in the world, and stop looking at Nigeria ratings.

A friend of my spent 7 million to attend a pilot school in South Africa.

A guy who works in chevron splash 5 million to attend Oxford UNi.

This is after graduation.

I did it, you can too...

Make sure you stop nonsense...

Bro how do you do it I'm still an undergraduate but I will love to further especially for that Harvard business school, is it possible to study part time here in Nigeria
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 28, 2020
maasoap:

Easier to spot OND/HND holder. The discrimination that got an HND certificate holder a civil defence job and got me disqualified! That day, I wished that my degree certificate turned into HND certificate
I'm not even an HND holder. I just observed. Nigeria has a long way to go and the university system is getting either poorly funded or heavily CORRUPT. The graduates produced are not up to HND graduates in the field of DELIVERY. Better to go to a private UNIVERSITY or abroad for studies. Nigerian UNIVERSITY SYSTEM is a MESS
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by stanliwise(m): 7:33pm On Aug 28, 2020
kheny12:
HND and BSC are the same both four years. so why are they discriminating
Different curriculum but the difference is blurry though. I support equal opportunity either ways.
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Dipsaint(m): 7:37pm On Aug 28, 2020
What practical are they talking about sef!

Maybe AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE based polytechnics are better one way or the other.
I've been to polytechnic and I'm presently a University student. From my experience, I can tell you that Universities are long way better than their counterparts.

The whole system is a total MESS!

1 Like

Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Dipsaint(m): 7:37pm On Aug 28, 2020
Who cares about degrees nowadays?
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by ojogbengasamuel: 7:41pm On Aug 28, 2020
There is a clear difference between the two, you can run part-time ND and later come back after 3yrs for your HND full time, which university does that? once you have NR¹ and NR2 in your course form you are gonna,that means the four years have to be a straight one without excuses but it is not so in the case of poly.BSC can never and will never be equal with HND. where did part-time students got their admission letter from? jamb or school?

2 Likes

Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by IncredibleWrite: 7:46pm On Aug 28, 2020
sbaks:
Look at this fool! Am I your mate? When did cotonou start UNIVERSITY? Do you know how old I am? Is every commenter on nairaland a kid? I schooled in England and have 2 masters (one here from South west). Besides I'm not your mate. I can tell you are a kid and it reflects a lot.
Back to the topic, University students of NOW don't deliver.
Well this is in faceless forum. Feel free to run your mouth. But I bet you in real life you wouldn't dare.
BETTER TO GO TO A PRIVATE UNIVERSITY OR ABROAD FOR STUDIES. NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY SYSTEM IS A MESS
You can tell I am a kid? Lol You guys on Nairaland are funny. You assume everyone you meet on the cyber space is a kid.

I would leave you to your rants. Besides I never meant to exchange words with you and my apologies if my post got you enraged.

2 Likes

Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 28, 2020
Saaphiere, Te Bra Ke Lade O? E Be Like Say Na U Dey Reign 4 NL Oo. With D Way D Guys D Crush On U.
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 28, 2020
GboyegaD:

Why can't you state the Polytechnic you attended? Now, I can see why you are trying to amplify any difference(s) whatsoever which exists.

Call it whatever but take the message to the bank.
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by 02Kebreal(m): 7:59pm On Aug 28, 2020
HND holders are gurus.
The worst is what they are being subjected to especially in Public service.
I pity them especially those in some paramilitary agencies like Federal Road Safety Corp.
They are well marginalized

1 Like

Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 28, 2020
Truvel:
Saaphiere, Te Bra Ke Lade O? E Be Like Say Na U Dey Reign 4 NL Oo. With D Way D Guys D Crush On U.
Interpret your first statement please.
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by tunjidj3: 8:01pm On Aug 28, 2020
For HND engineering is most amazing they can not join any professional association talkles of work discrimination so painful
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by afonjabreed(m): 8:02pm On Aug 28, 2020
kelvinunilag:
Do you know the rigorous stress bsc holder have to go through to be admitted in the university? After you score 168 in jamb you are hoping to be admitted into a university, seems you guys are sick, you deserve the HND, HND is for people who perform poorly in jamb, but the truth is that the HND holder ends up becoming academically sound, honestly, I envy them when dey come to unilag dli to run direct entry, they are so good.

Don't say that in the open

I scored 245 in jamb yet I couldn't gain an admission into university (blame it on the Education system ),not all polytechnic students failed jamb
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 28, 2020
saaphiere:
Interpret your first statement please.
Are U Not An Ijaw Lady?
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 28, 2020
ojib:
thanks with your pride that leads you always to the canal.

I pay salaries of BSc holders with my HND. and make an HND HOLDER their boss.. Most of you can't think beyond what you see.

keep bragging with your BSc while we keep making it..

Olodo.

They are just kids who don't know life. I believe you cos a lot of my friends who are established on their own are poly graduates. University graduates are lazy. On the other hand, poly graduates are hardworking. Very smart lots. Even when employed they deliver.
@ the bolded, I intend doing same (making an HND holder their boss). So pathetic! Today is their day (UNIVERSITY graduates). Shameless lots who can't deliver. I'm so angry right now
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Myketuale(m): 8:16pm On Aug 28, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

There is no bullshit greater than this. I was in the polytechnic before heading to the university. They were two of the best schools in their category and I can confidently tell you you're biased and perhaps a victim of the discrimination.

While I don't support or give in to the discrimination, let's quickly be clear on something. The polytechnics house a lot of the dullest Nigerian students. This is not to say there aren't good ones.

Again, the issue of having more practical advantage is another truckload of bullshit. I mean, polytechnics are just far behind and wouldn't catch up because of poor funding. They don't even have electricity to run functional laboratories. Nothing works in the polytechnic.

Many universities alike are so as well but I was in one of the top three universities and polytechnics and the difference is just not quantifiable.

Bro you are right.
One of my friend who attends a polytechnic told me of how they would all gather money to fuel the school generator in order to carry out practical.
And the funny thing is that most of their school fees is too exorbitant.

1 Like

Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Myketuale(m): 8:21pm On Aug 28, 2020
fabienjoe:

Funny reply, beautiful one..what's lame about his effusive admiration of your beautiful looks? You may want to oblige him...who knows, he may have pure intentions..I'll always advise caution, though..

That's how they chase their Future husband away.
Then later they would start lamenting that no one is approaching them.
Mchwwww.
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Yemianne: 8:22pm On Aug 28, 2020
Has bsc holders even gotten job,hnd shouldnt complain o.bsc holders too are still looking for job

1 Like

Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Junior66(m): 8:26pm On Aug 28, 2020
hinere:
University or Polytechnic....once the two have gone for NYSC. They are all GRADUATES

Graduates of COEs also served in the past, does that make us all the same?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet / 5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA / Difference Between BSc And BSc(Hons)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.