Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,910 members, 7,956,421 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:39 AM

Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) (82825 Views)

17-Year-Old Girl Accuses Justin Ugonna Of Statutory Rape. He Reacts / 77-Year-Old Man Released From Prison Deemed Too Old To Be Dangerous, Kills Again / Man Released By Ritualists After 2 Years In Ibadan Because He Wasn't Useful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Onlinebar: 4:52pm On Aug 29, 2020
Of course, it's a black man. Cognitive bias.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Wettoid123: 4:52pm On Aug 29, 2020
Blackman has been suffering *black live matters*
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by sammysmiles(m): 4:53pm On Aug 29, 2020
dingbang:
Blessed are those who are wrongly accused and persecuted, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

No more better truth than this.
May this be your portion.... You better reply with Amen, so you can receive the blessing of those wrongly accused...
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Sarita01(f): 4:54pm On Aug 29, 2020
Blackmoran:
rape allegation is not a thing of race is a great problem between sexes, it goes beyond your colour.. check how many men both black and white that have been falsely accuse.. and the worst part is when a man is accuse of rape the society instinctively judge him guilty even without evidence...
But if the person's white they'll look into the case thoroughly,a white man won't spend up to that 44years in jail,but if it's black they'll just brush it aside and not investigate thoroughly and reject appeals made to the court

2 Likes

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by RTSC: 4:58pm On Aug 29, 2020
What is now sad is Nigerians go to America and prance about like model minorities, call the local blacks derogatory names like "akata" without understanding their history.

Their black ancestors built America and made it great.

If your Nigerian ancestors built Nigeria, you wouldn't be running to America to enjoy other people's labours.

2 Likes

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by cococandy(f): 4:59pm On Aug 29, 2020
Let the ignorant oversabi ones come tell us how blacks in America should behave to avoid situations like this.

3 Likes

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 29, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:
Akóbà ádaba, Olohun ma je ka ri o.

Iru akoba wo leleyi bayi?
Amin na ya allah
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 29, 2020
Make person just go Canada or Netherlands jeje
US is not for a black man
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by RTSC: 5:01pm On Aug 29, 2020
cococandy:
Let the ignorant oversabi ones come tell us how blacks in America should behave to avoid situations like this.
They are stupid people.

Willfully ignorant and loud.

3 Likes

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Investnow2017: 5:01pm On Aug 29, 2020
Talknochip:
L. I. F. E lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Living
In
Fear
Everyday

LIFE = Living In Fear Everyday
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Jdbrasco2: 5:02pm On Aug 29, 2020
Women and wrong sexual assault claim every time. Its scary to be a man in the US.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by cococandy(f): 5:03pm On Aug 29, 2020
RTSC:

They are stupid people.

Willfully ignorant and loud .
very very loud
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by maestro299: 5:05pm On Aug 29, 2020
madridguy:
Subhanalah, 44 good years for crime he didn't commit. This is racism against the man.

May God Almighty no let us see akoba, adaba, Amin.

The man should jejely sue them for 100 Billion dollar.
Racism, you say? Well, you may be right. But I would like your sincere opinion on the judgement handed out to that musician in Kano who was condemned to death,.by his fellow tribesmen, for insulting a god that is powerless to fight for itself.

1 Like

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by sonchuks1(m): 5:07pm On Aug 29, 2020
Why didn't Obama release him during his 8 years as POUS? Trump will take the credit now and people call him racist.

1 Like

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by RTSC: 5:08pm On Aug 29, 2020
Up till now the comments on daily mail is just one.
And some people still deny racism.

1 Like

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Blackmoran(m): 5:08pm On Aug 29, 2020
Sarita01:

But if the person's white they'll look into the case thoroughly,a white man won't spend up to that 44years in jail,but if it's black they'll just brush it aside and not investigate thoroughly and reject appeals made to the court
it is you that see it that way, any offence that as to do with rape in the western world there legal system don't take it kindly they are brute to the core, it a battle between men whether black or white against a bias legal system and a society that sees men as aggressors it doesn't favors men.. rape allegation goes beyond playing the race card and victimization.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Rhea(f): 5:10pm On Aug 29, 2020
Explorers:
A North Carolina man who spent 44 years in prison for a rape he didn't commit was freed on Thursday.

Mr Ronnie Long, 64, was a 20-year-old Black man living in Concord when he was accused of raping a white woman, Sarah Judson Bost, at knifepoint in her home on the evening of the 25 April 1976.

Long was sentenced to 80 years in prison for the first-degree rape of Sarah Bost and first-degree burglary by an all-white jury in the 70s.

Despite decades of appeals to overturn the conviction, and though DNA evidence obtained throughout the years pointed to his innocence, he remained in jail.

Photo of Mr Ronnie Long, an inmate in 2017 fighting for his freedom.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8674499/Black-man-spent-44-years-prison-rape-says-didnt-commit-freed.html?ito=social-facebook

https://independenttribune.com/obituaries/craven-juddie/article_7653077b-9761-5af5-8bd1-8a1468d6aa6a.html

And that's the woman she was accused of raping. She's probably continuously popping, cracking and sizzling to a fine crisp somewhere in the hottest part of hell

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by udemzyudex(m): 5:11pm On Aug 29, 2020
Eriokanmi:
I no say na black man e go be before opening the news post. I remember Henry McCollum and Leon Brown his brother who spent over 30 years on death Row in same NC prison for a similar offence they didn't commit until DNA evidence reversed the sentence. They just wasted their lives for nothing. when driven home by their aged dad, he asked them to use their seat belt but they said they didn't know how to use a seat belt. They found it to be strange cos it was never introduced in the automobile industry before they left for prison.The eldest was less than 20 years old when arrested and were both in their 50s when released in 2014. Even after their release, the then white judge was still alive. He said he showed no remorse for what he did. So much injustice dey yankee. May we not fall in wrong hands.

Sometimes I don't blame them, I blame God. They useless experiment didn't work out. The color experiment is a failure.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Chicastle: 5:11pm On Aug 29, 2020
I don't like white Americans and don't know why loll
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 29, 2020
I'm not surprised at all that he is a black man. Most convictions at that time was based on racism so many black men of his age are languishing in jails for crimes they didn't commit.

I'm sure his attorney is already getting documents ready to sue the hell outta the govt. angry

1 Like

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by hammer8: 5:15pm On Aug 29, 2020
I DID COME OUT CALMLY AND SAY HI TO EVERYBODY, THEN GO INTO A ROOM AND PUT A BULLET THROUGH MY BRAIN.

THE BRAIN CAN FEEL NO PAIN, THEY SAY, AS LONG AS I DIE, WHO CARES..
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by seunmsg(m): 5:17pm On Aug 29, 2020
What’s there to live for again? They have taken away 44 years of his life; the active years. How will he pick up his life again at 64? So sad!
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by johnnychuks(m): 5:18pm On Aug 29, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:
Akóbà ádaba, Olohun ma je ka ri o.
Iru akoba wo leleyi bayi?
. Amin ooo.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by IBvoss(m): 5:18pm On Aug 29, 2020
I wish someone could understand how much I hate the Judicial profession. For humans to be given the power to decide another's fate...to destroy or save their lives...is UNFORGIVABLE! No living and breathing human except myself would ever decide my fate or how I end up. I would never give the liberty to do so...That power would always remain in my own two hands, no matter what!
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by RioCarputo(m): 5:19pm On Aug 29, 2020
They assassinated his character, wasted his productive years behind the bars and caused him and his family and loved ones such a pain throughout that period of 44 years.

He could as well get them sued and demand for some billion dollars to incure all the losses and pain they had to put him through.

The truth will always prevail no matter what happens

At the ends Mr Long wins.

Thanks be to Almighty God.

2 Likes

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by sisisioge: 5:20pm On Aug 29, 2020
But is the US police or judicial system getting sued for this cruelty? Lordylordy!

And how is rape attracting 80yrs in prison gan when murder gets 15yrs to life? Awon were!

3 Likes

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by focus7: 5:21pm On Aug 29, 2020
The white injustice against the white is high
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by blingxx(m): 5:21pm On Aug 29, 2020
Eriokanmi:
I no say na black man e go be before opening the news post. I remember Henry McCollum and Leon Brown his brother who spent over 30 years on death Row in same NC prison for a similar offence they didn't commit until DNA evidence reversed the sentence. They just wasted their lives for nothing. when driven home by their aged dad, he asked them to use their seat belt but they said they didn't know how to use a seat belt. They found it to be strange cos it was never introduced in the automobile industry before they left for prison.The eldest was less than 20 years old when arrested and were both in their 50s when released in 2014. Even after their release, the then white judge was still alive. He said he showed no remorse for what he did. So much injustice dey yankee. May we not fall in wrong hands.

When people asked Muhammad Ali why he changed his name from carssius clay to Ali he said " carssius clay is a slave name given to blacks by the white man ,but I'm a free man why shouldn't I pick a Name for myself" undecided angry whiteman as been putting us in the grave since the discovery of Africa
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by hammer8: 5:21pm On Aug 29, 2020
RioCarputo:
They assassinated his character, wasted his productive years behind the bars and caused him and his family and loved ones such a pain throughout that period of 44 years.

He could as well get them sued and demand for some billion dollars to incure all the losses and pain they had to put him through.

The truth will always prevail no matter what happens

At the ends Mr Long wins.

Thanks be to Almighty God.

A 64 YEARS OLD MILLIONAIRE OR BILLIONAIRE?

NOW U ARE TALKING. grin grin grin grin grin grin

NO NEED TO TAKE HIS LIFE. cheesy
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by pansophist(m): 5:21pm On Aug 29, 2020
cry
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 29, 2020
KenModi:

Christianity is a cancer to black people. Makes black people docile and foolish.

Let's stop blaming religion or the lack thereof for backwardness.

When black people were not doing the Christian or Islam thing, we were.doimg things like slavery and killing twins and mass massacres.

If anything Christianity has brought a lot of tribes and back people together and helped with things like education and better health care, and crucially preserving our languages.(yes, many missionaries translated the Bible into the local language,and that also meant writing down the language for the first time)

Religions don't cause backwardness, people's choices do. And no, it does not justify racism, or systemic oppression

2 Likes

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by AkwaIbomMan(m): 5:25pm On Aug 29, 2020
Explorers:
He was sentenced to death for a crime he didn't commit.

He spent 28years on death row.

He was saved by a young lawyer.

True life story.

JUST MERCY, 2019.

Must watch, only for the strong heart.

It will shake you to your soul.
I downloaded this movie last year but ended up deleting it without watching cos it wasn't an action movie kind of.
With this story, I'll download it again.
Meanwhile the dude in that movie featured in Black Panther.
R.I.P Chadwick Boseman

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

85-Year-Old Woman Jumps To Death In Anambra State (Disturbing Photo) / Woman Still Strapped To Her Seat Hit By Bullets In Kaduna Train Attack / Rapper, KTS Dre Dies! Shot 64 Times As He Walked Out Of Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.