Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,571 members, 7,840,350 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy (13713 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Flies In A Private Jet Ahead Of London Summit . Photo / CCT Trial : Saraki Flies In Experts From US, Israel, Scandinavian Countries / Rear-admiral Alison Madueke (rtd) Flies In Legal Team To Defend His Wife Diezani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by fstranger3(m): 12:27am On Feb 22, 2011
Could Obojunkie stop talking for once?
Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by Kobojunkie: 12:28am On Feb 22, 2011
Woman interviewed on AlJazeera -- Not all the mercenaries are black africans . . . they are people of different colours -- all from Africa -- we have some of their passports to prove it.
Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by Nobody: 12:30am On Feb 22, 2011
interesting grin grin
Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by johnie: 12:32am On Feb 22, 2011
Libyan envoy to US condemns "repression of protesters" and calls for international action to stop the killings. Says Saif used the language of war in his speech.

He says he has no information from Libya except what he hears from the nedia. He has no info on Gaddafi's whereabouts.
Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by aljharem03: 12:40am On Feb 22, 2011
check this out

Al Jazeera: Rights Source: Pamphlets in Guinea & Nigeria asking for mercenaries to fight in #Libya for a wage of $2,000 a day.
19 minutes ago via web
Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by johnie: 12:44am On Feb 22, 2011
Some military officials have called for Gaddafi's ouster.

There are calls on UN to immediately declare military no-fly zone over Libyan airspace to protect civilians. Says NATO should enforce the ban. Former British foreign secretary David Owen says many countries are t
oo "compromised" to act appropriately.

Emergency meeting of Arab League called to discuss Libya.
Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by johnie: 12:49am On Feb 22, 2011
Quatari PM condemns violence in Libya and calls for international action to protect civilians.
Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by johnie: 1:02am On Feb 22, 2011
Can you believe that Bahrain spends USD60m every year to host Motor GP Grand Prix?

Built race track with USD250m?

Is ruled by Sunnis who are about 20 percent of population. Shias are the remaining 80 percent.

Na wa o!
Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by fstranger3(m): 1:03am On Feb 22, 2011
^^^

How is that any of your business?
Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by cap28: 1:11am On Feb 22, 2011
Since the "revolutions" in the middle east have been so successful , perhaps they could be replicated in africa, i would recommend that the people of Cameroun rise up and overthrow Paul Biya who has been in power since 1982, the Burkinabe people should also consider giving Blaise Campaore the boot,  after all he's been in power since 1987 (after overthrowing and murdering his supposed best friend Thomas Sankara), I also hope Omar Bongo's son Ali Bongo of Gabon who recently  took over the reins of power from his father following his death after 42 years in office is sleeping with one eye open at night   - or could it be that they are regarded as "good" dictators as opposed to "evil" ones.
Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by aljharem03: 1:12am On Feb 22, 2011
fstranger3:

^^^

How is that any of your business?

kobo, seriously needs to tame u or better-still chase u out of her bedroom ( i really wonder wat she sees in you).  what is your problem young man? u re everywhere and anywhere attacking and making incendiary remarks on peoples personality. STOP IT!
Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by Mobinga: 1:12am On Feb 22, 2011
LMAO!! This fsranger dude sef  cool
Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by fstranger3(m): 1:16am On Feb 22, 2011
aljharem03:

kobo, seriously needs to tame u or better-still chase u out of her bedroom ( i really wonder wat she sees in you).  what is your problem young man? u re everywhere and anywhere attacking and making incendiary remarks on peoples personality. STOP IT!

Ezeuche, so you had to change your username just so you could have my undivided attention?

Na wa oooooooo

SO I am now a superstar on NL. . . I really do need to come up with ways on how to profit from my new found fame.
Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by johnie: 1:17am On Feb 22, 2011
Fstranger, who? Me?
Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by Kobojunkie: 1:19am On Feb 22, 2011
cap28:

Since the "revolutions" in the middle east have been so successful , perhaps they could be replicated in africa, i would recommend that the people of Cameroun rise up and overthrow Paul Biya who has been in power since 1982, the Burkinabe people should also consider giving Blaise Campaore the boot,  after all he's been in power since 1987 (after overthrowing and murdering his supposed best friend Thomas Sankara), I also hope Omar Bongo's son Ali Bongo of Gabon who recently  took over the reins of power from his father following his death after 42 years in office is sleeping with one eye open at night   - or could it be that they are regarded as "good" dictators as opposed to "evil" ones.

Let me guess, is not the people of Cameroon, or the people of Gabon that will themselves decide if they will rise up and protest?? You expect people from others to come in to do it for them? I am going to guess you somehow do not believe the millions protesting in Libya, or those who protested in Egypt, or even in Tunia were citizens of those arab nations? Let me guess, they were americans and westerners flown in to protest and die for the people of the listed countries  
Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by Mobinga: 1:27am On Feb 22, 2011
^^^^ Haba naauu you nor dey tire?? Have mercy on your husband undecided
Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by fstranger3(m): 1:29am On Feb 22, 2011
^^^^
People like that dont have husbands

This is how she gets her dose of orga-sm, electronically!
Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by johnie: 1:29am On Feb 22, 2011
Gaddafi has reportedly appeared on TV saying he is still in Tripoli
Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by shotster50(m): 2:24am On Feb 22, 2011
Cap28 and fstranger
Can you even look yourselves in the mirror.  E be like say afrocentrismm don dey make una dey craze.
Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by Kobojunkie: 2:34am On Feb 22, 2011
^^^ This is not in any way Afrocentric. . . . . this is something els.e
Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by Beaf: 2:40am On Feb 22, 2011
johnie:

Can you believe that Bahrain spends USD60m every year to host Motor GP Grand Prix?

Built race track with USD250m?

Is ruled by Sunnis who are about 20 percent of population. Shias are the remaining 80 percent.

Na wa o!

I beg you in the name of the Lord, leave Formula 1 out of politics; except you a game for a wicked flurry of dazing left hook / straight jab combinations.
Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by Algerian: 2:44am On Feb 22, 2011
Hi all,

this is my first post here and I must admit that I registered just because I read some "astonishing" things said in this topic, so please bare with me  smiley

To make things short (and sorry, I didn't follow all the discussion), I'm Algerian (you've probably guessed that), I'm Arab (which is NOT an ethnicity!) even if arabic, as MILLIONS of north africans, is NOT my mother tongue and my ethnicity is from Africa even if I'm whiter than many Westerners. Yeah, that's right, saying African ethnicity=black people is as true as saying Asian ethnicity=slanting eyes people.

So why North Africans call black people "Africans"? Well this has to do with History and politic correctness. The popular name there is just "Black people" but it seems that some think that is offensive (while "white people" isn't!!!) so they don't use it in media. For the History part, the name "Africa" was originally meant by Greek/Romans to call JUST North Africa where people have always been white as all mediteraneans, then it was used by Arabs (the real ones this time) to call "Tunisia" of nowadays and finally by Europeans during colonisation for the whole continent minus the northern countries which were called affectionately the "Barbarian States".

Btw, slaves in North Africa (at least the Turkish/Ottoman part) were White Europeans, was it the same in "Black Africa"?  undecided
Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by Beaf: 2:54am On Feb 22, 2011
^
Dude, welcome to NL. Are you on the ground in Algeria or abroad? Can you furnish us with any first hand info of whats going on?
Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by Algerian: 3:05am On Feb 22, 2011
Thanks!  smiley

Well I'm abroad, in France precisely. For Libya, I can't tell much more than what is said on Al Jazeera (Libya is the North African counterpart of North Corea), ie. many freed cities (mostly in the East), bombings of the protestors by (forerign?) Army Jets in the capital city and a 10 sec appearance at 2AM of the Mad Man saying "I was going out to talk to the people but too bad, it's raining".
For Algeria, everything is clear : protests were big failures!
And in France, it's raining  grin
Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by Beaf: 3:15am On Feb 22, 2011
Algerian:

Thanks! smiley

Well I'm abroad, in France precisely. For Libya, I can't tell much more than what is said on Al Jazeera (Libya is the North African counterpart of North Corea), ie. many freed cities (mostly in the East), bombings of the protestors by (forerign?) Army Jets in the capital city and a 10 sec appearance at 2AM of the Mad Man saying "I was going out to talk to the people but too bad, it's raining".
For Algeria, everything is clear : protests were big failures!
And in France, it's raining grin

I'm sad to hear the protests failed in Algeria, but you guys don't have a monster like Gaddafi that can bomb protesters. Thats got to be a first and right up there with Hitler!
Gaddafi is surely on his last legs and that video could have been shot anywhere, there are dark alleys all over the World. grin
I really don't see how the man can get away with the latest atrocities; if not for European interests, I'm quite sure the security council would have sat by now.
Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by Nobody: 3:17am On Feb 22, 2011
Algerian said:

For the History part, the name "Africa" was originally meant by Greek/Romans to call JUST North Africa where people have always been white as all mediteraneans

You must be drunk or ignorant to write that garbage. North Africa has most certainly NOT been ''always white'' any more than Australia has, and for the same reasons. Now run along and learn where you really came from.
Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by Kilode1: 3:17am On Feb 22, 2011
@Algerian, what do you think about Bouteflika and his 3rd term in office?

You said Arabic is not your mother tongue, What about your culture before Islam and Arabnization? And which one do you prefer?
Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by sage(m): 3:18am On Feb 22, 2011
Algerian:

Hi all,

this is my first post here and I must admit that I registered just because I read some "astonishing" things said in this topic, so please bare with me  smiley

To make things short (and sorry, I didn't follow all the discussion), I'm Algerian (you've probably guessed that), I'm Arab (which is NOT an ethnicity!) even if arabic, as MILLIONS of north africans, is NOT my mother tongue and my ethnicity is from Africa even if I'm whiter than many Westerners. Yeah, that's right, saying African ethnicity=black people is as true as saying Asian ethnicity=slanting eyes people.

So why North Africans call black people "Africans"? Well this has to do with History and politic correctness. The popular name there is just "Black people" but it seems that some think that is offensive (while "white people" isn't!!!) so they don't use it in media. For the History part, the name "Africa" was originally meant by Greek/Romans to call JUST North Africa where people have always been white as all mediteraneans, then it was used by Arabs (the real ones this time) to call "Tunisia" of nowadays and finally by Europeans during colonisation for the whole continent minus the northern countries which were called affectionately the "Barbarian States".

Btw, slaves in North Africa (at least the Turkish/Ottoman part) were White Europeans, was it the same in "Black Africa"?  undecided

Welcome to nairaland

many people here dont know anything about North Africa. they think the word Africa = Black and people in North Africa are invaders

many people here dont know that North Africans are a majority Berber people who are indigenous Africans like the "black" people of the South

They wrongly assume that North Africans are invaders because of the skin colour which they are not

The word Africa never even referenced "black" people, but originally refered to North Africa
Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by sage(m): 3:19am On Feb 22, 2011
ROSSIKE:

Algerian said:

You must be drunk or ignorant to write that garbage. North Africa has most certainly NOT been ''always white'' any more than Australia has, and for the same reasons. Now run along and learn where you really came from.

North Africa has always been "white"
stop talking garbage and do some research before making a buffon out of yourself
Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by sage(m): 3:25am On Feb 22, 2011
Berbers are the indigenous peoples of North Africa west of the Nile Valley. They are discontinuously distributed from the Atlantic to the Siwa oasis, in Egypt, and from the Mediterranean to the Niger River.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berber_people

people should stop talking garbage when they dont have any idea of what they are talking about
Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by sage(m): 3:27am On Feb 22, 2011
Kilode?!:

@Algerian, what do you think about Bouteflika and his 3rd term in office?

You said Arabic is not your mother tongue, What about your culture before Islam and Arabnization? And which one do you prefer?

Arabic is not the mother tounge of Ethnic groups in North Africa like Kabyles, Riffs etc

many people on the African continent dont even know the full history of the continent.
Re: Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy by Kobojunkie: 3:27am On Feb 22, 2011
Algeria failed?? NO!!! Those folks need to try again  . . . and push till they succeed. A lot of issues,most especially discrimination towards women, needs to change in that country.  shocked

Democracy is the key  . . . well, according to Egypt, Tunisia and now Libya!!  grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Boko Haram Victims Funds: Buhari Speaks On Wrongdoings, Vows To Punish Culprits / BREAKING: After Three months Senate Passes mtef/fsp / Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.