Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,306 members, 7,815,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating (39311 Views)

BBNaija: Erica's Igbo Cultural Presentation Impresses South Africans / Biggie Tells Dorathy To Leave Diary Room Over Indecent Dressing / Dorathy, Busty BBNaija 2020 Housemate Trending (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by christopher123(m): 1:45am On Sep 02, 2020
Igboid:

Edo has people of Edo, Ijaw, Igala, Igbo, Nupe, Yoruba origins living there.
Can we now say that Edo is no longer Edo because they accommodated people of various origins in the past?

Yorubas have people of Edo, Nupe (Tapas), origin living among them. Can we now claim there are no Yoruba again since they are of diverse origins? Ijebu even claim Sudan origin.

Anioma is Igbo if we are being honest.

do you know that obaseki has Igbo origin
do you know that the oba has Yoruba origin
do you know that some quarters in Benin have igala origins

today they are all Benin ...I wonder why many of these agbor folks are daft not as if we in Igbo are begging them ....I don't see what they are bringing to the Igbo general table...they are not richer than Anambra per say or more educated or .ore enterprising or more developed or more technically advanced....Anambra alone dust the whole ika ...Nnewi alone dust the whole agbor and their ika stuff...an average Anambra dude doesn't give a freaking damn how they see themselves

an average Anambra man is at home with Enuani delta and Aboh because they have been neighbours centuries and inter married and shared same culture...but many ika think that damn are given about them...

trust me , no damn is given about ika and that is why Anambra don't even engage them,they are the ones that try to engage Anambra...they have started wearing our red caps and using our terms of leaderships like obi and ichie
Re: Dorathy Cultural Presentation: My people are Accomodating by christopher123(m): 3:00pm On Sep 02, 2020
Awoo88:

Culturally and traditionally, the anioma people of delta state are not Igbo's. The language might be similar. The core Igbo's refers yo delta igbo are 'Igbo Hausa". Which is derogatory and a classification. To avoid long explanations like in case of Derbi, average aniomas might call him/herself Igbo. We don't say Igbo kwanu in our meetings.

have you gotten the difference in culture and traditions of Anioma and Igbo people

let's start with
names
village names
village festivals
village deities
village heads titles
maiden names
market days
names of their gods
names of their village founders

this would make me to know if they are Benin related or Igbo related

or are you now shutting up ? just asking not insulting

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BBNaija: CeeC Warns Her Father, Others Ahead Of The End Of The Show / Uti Nwachukwu Reacts To Pere And White Money Fight On Bbnaija / #bbnaija: Ceec Commends Diane For Speaking Against Tacha (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.