Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,858 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060004 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Omooso(m): 2:24pm On Jul 18, 2014
hi all
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Omooso(m): 3:03pm On Jul 18, 2014
good day nairalanders,thank you all for your contribution towards my US non immigrant visa.
i will like to travel to the US by October but i never have any specific state in mind,i will need from from anybody there who can accommodate me for a while and also i need help on good church conference which i will get invitation from them. thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shollyboy2: 3:28pm On Jul 18, 2014
its just so bad, they dont even tell you on what ground they are rejecting you....well will see if i can try again, and i pray it would be my last too.. does it make sense reapplying a month after one was rejected?

Sacluxpaint:
Please let us know your excerpts so that we can discover what went wrong, anyway I heard most of the COs are high school leavers and are inexperienced
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 18, 2014
Bro not that I am the best visa adviser, I am an applicant like yourself but its advisable you apply in 6 months time, until there is a major change in your circumstances. You might have been rejected for the following reasons;

1. You might not have proved to them about your strong economic ties.
2. Maybe your application was not coherent with your answers.
3. Maybe you didnt give them enough eye contact.
4.They could have noticed your nervousness

But if you could share the excerpts of the questions that were asked, experts in this forum can help in order for you to avoid future mistakes.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by choco2014: 4:06pm On Jul 18, 2014
hi
i jst want to ask about bank statement.. each member of group hv to show his r her statement individually or a statement of parents is enough to show which is enough strong to cover the expense of all children in USA.
also tell me the form name which we have to fill online for visa.
thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shollyboy2: 7:29pm On Jul 18, 2014
For those asking for the Questions that was asked....

V.O.......... Good Morning..and How are you.
Me...... Morning.. I'm fine.
V.O.. where are you going to..
Me........ california
VO.........why are you going there.
Me.......to spend my Holiday
V.O....... Are you Married?
Me......Yes i am Married.
V.O..........Are you travelling all alone..
Me.......Yes.
V.O...........Why aint you going with your wife.
Me....she cant go with me, cos she would be working next month, when i am on leave.
VO.....How long you staying..
Me.....21days..
V.O............... where do you work...
Me.....MUs"""""""" Limited.
VO....... whats your position.
ME...... I am the personal assistant to the Managing Director of Mus"""" Limited.

These are the Questions asked from me.. but yet was still turned down... i thinkt he answers are accurate.. still cant figure out why they rejected me..
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dammy1102(m): 11:05pm On Jul 19, 2014
i can help you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adigunomomama(m): 3:42pm On Jul 20, 2014
pls for someone going for a conference, is it B1-B2 or jus B1 visa application he/She will fill. pls help
Re: Usa Visit Visa by nwajuanthony: 7:49pm On Jul 20, 2014
iluvweed: Pls Good people of NL....Is it true that when coming back from USA by direct flight, its between 12hrs-17hrs direct flight depending on the airline?
Do they take longer route back because when going its shorter distance.....Pls I need clarifications because I doubt if everyone coming from the USA sits on a single plane for 12hrs!!!........Chai..I don die oooh!

Baba you never see anything.. I de inside plane for almost 16 hours, nor be you wan go Yankee?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by VBNET: 8:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
VBNET: Hi Nairalanders,

Pls I need a clarification on this:

My relative who happens to be an American citizen sent my grandma a letter to visit him. My grandma is old(around 68 years) and he has instructed me to accompany her to the states. I am married and also working and we've booked our interview date.
My question is this...
When I was filling the DS160 form, there was a place I was asked who will be funding my own trip and I put my relative's name there since he sent the invitation letter. Can one be denied a visa because of this? Or will it be proper if I fill it that I will sponsor my own trip and my grandma will be sponsored by my relative.
Thanks in advance for your prompt suggestions.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 20, 2014
VO,

I have edited my submitted ds-160, I have done that already but was told 2 bring the 2 new confirmation numbers , so I am asking will the CO look into the 1st submitted form?Please reply

NB: My cousin has sent me his IV using the previous confirmation number, will this contradict my interview?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by VBNET: 10:52am On Jul 21, 2014
All gurus in the house, can you pls answer my question. God bless you as you do. Thanks.

VBNET: VBNET: Hi Nairalanders,

My relative who happens to be an American citizen sent my grandma a letter to visit him. My grandma is old(around 68 years) and he has instructed me to accompany her to the states. I am married and also working and we've booked our interview date.
My question is this...
When I was filling the DS160 form, there was a place I was asked who will be funding my own trip and I put my relative's name there since he sent the invitation letter. Can one be denied a visa because of this? Or will it be proper if I fill it that I will sponsor my own trip and my grandma will be sponsored by my relative.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Temmysteel: 4:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
ozycy: i attended my interview yesterday, many pple dt were interviewed before me were for conference. Some were given while some were not, even a company dat had 5 representatives going for one conference, dey were interviewd one after d oda, 3 pple were given while 2 denied. It depends on ur circumstances, how beneficial d conference will be to u or ur company. Dey didn't ask dem for much docs except d conference papers I think. D company was sponsoring dem

Bro..pls permit me to ask u,am having appointment anytime frm now for a conference I AND TWO other colleague of mine ,i work wit one of the Largest manufacturing company in nigeria,d company is sponsoring the trip,pls what are likely questions to be expecting and mo
re so do i need Company Bank statement or mine alone?pls ur reply is so important
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Temmysteel: 5:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
Sacluxpaint: VO,

I have edited my submitted ds-160, I have done that already but was told 2 bring the 2 new confirmation numbers , so I am asking will the CO look into the 1st submitted form?Please reply

NB: My cousin has sent me his IV using the previous confirmation number, will this contradict my interview?

All u jst need is to mail the authentic DS160 to the help desk using the profile you created with your Log on details,The help desk will update it automatically for u,but pls remember to go along with the new DS 160 when u re going to the embassy
Re: Usa Visit Visa by rolled: 5:57pm On Jul 21, 2014
Shebi you said your company is sponsoring you
Your company should have briefed you that your bank statement is not needed
Except your are not been truthful

Temmysteel:

Bro..pls permit me to ask u,am having appointment anytime frm now for a conference I AND TWO other colleague of mine ,i work wit one of the Largest manufacturing company in nigeria,d company is sponsoring the trip,pls what are likely questions to be expecting and mo
re so do i need Company Bank statement or mine alone?pls ur reply is so important
Re: Usa Visit Visa by mrbamo(m): 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2014
@tzetzefly......must i apply at Beijing embassy or I can apply at other consulate that is in the city i live? What other supporting documents can you suggest?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:21pm On Jul 21, 2014
mrbamo: @tzetzefly......must i apply at Beijing embassy or I can apply at other consulate that is in the city i live? What other supporting documents can you suggest?

You can apply at any of the U.S. Diplomatic Mission to China if you can show sufficient tie there.

It is very unlikely you're issued a visa in China due to the strigent procedure in permit issuance.

It will be better you apply from Nigeria.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:29pm On Jul 21, 2014
VBNET: VBNET: Hi Nairalanders,

My question is this...

This situation about lack of clarity on sponsorship alone, is sufficient enough for refusal.

An adult is expected to be able to sponsor him/herself on a trip such as this. Your grandma being sponsored by the relative is acceptable. But for you, it is a different ball game (you must be able to cater for your expenses).
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:31pm On Jul 21, 2014
adigunomomama: pls for someone going for a conference, is it B1-B2 or jus B1 visa application he/She will fill. pls help

Either one you chose, doesnt matter. They are most often classified as the same category. You should be fine whichever you indicate.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
choco2014: hi
i jst want to ask about bank statement.. each member of group hv to show his r her statement individually or a statement of parents is enough to show which is enough strong to cover the expense of all children in USA.
also tell me the form name which we have to fill online for visa.
thanks

All adults are expected to show proof that they can cover their expenses while in the States.

So yes, each adult must show financial document as a means of being able to take care of their stay in States.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 21, 2014
What can one use to show evidence of strong ties as the US interview is only a few minutes. My interview is coming up on the 7th of August and I am 28 years old unemployed. My dad and my 1st cousin that is a US citizen is sponsoring the trip. I recently just concluded my NYSC after studying in the UK?

NB: My cousin is getting married on the 9th of August and we have received the IVs.

What are my chances?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by soladnet14: 6:22am On Jul 22, 2014
soladnet14:

Thanks oga mi
Sir, I'll also need a vivid description on how to get to US Embassy, Abuja from Lagos, and if possible list of cheap hotel(s) close to the Embassy.

Someone please answer my question.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by VBNET: 8:47am On Jul 22, 2014
tzetzefly:

This situation about lack of clarity on sponsorship alone, is sufficient enough for refusal.

An adult is expected to be able to sponsor him/herself on a trip such as this. Your grandma being sponsored by the relative is acceptable. But for you, it is a different ball game (you must be able to cater for your expenses).

Thanks a lot tzetzefly for answering my question. The issue here is that my cousin(the invitee) is in the US military and he has accepted that he will take charge of all expenses so long as I'm willing to accompany our grandma. I want it to be that I am saying the truth during the interview. Though, I am capable to take charge of my own travelling expenses, but I see this as an opportunity for me not to spend my own money...Pls, what do you think about this.
Thanks in advance for your prompt response.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by mrbamo(m): 9:23am On Jul 22, 2014
ddv
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:27am On Jul 22, 2014
VBNET:

Thanks a lot tzetzefly for answering my question. The issue here is that my cousin(the invitee) is in the US military and he has accepted that he will take charge of all expenses so long as I'm willing to accompany our grandma. I want it to be that I am saying the truth during the interview. Though, I am capable to take charge of my own travelling expenses, but I see this as an opportunity for me not to spend my own money...Pls, what do you think about this.
Thanks in advance for your prompt response.

Your cousin in the U.S. military cannot spend money on his grandma and spend on you as well.

You're a working adult and so should be able to sponsor your own trip.

Avoid complications for yourself and pay your expenses from your pocket.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:36am On Jul 22, 2014
mrbamo: Ok, I got your reply from the post. What do you think about using the documents below to show social ties:

1, Letter from my school showing that my program ends next year.
2, letter from sponsor with copy of certificate of incorporation
3, my bank statement for my savings acct in nigeria and that of china.
4, statement of purpose from me.

Another worry is that the second person whom we are applying together does not have travelling experience, he has been in china for about 1 year and that is all. Do you think this may affect my application?

Hope to read from you soon.

Mr B

Worry about your own application and leave your friend out (his application does not affect yours).

Every application is treated on its own merit.

Apply from where you have the greater ties such as: long term residence, job, family among others.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 22, 2014
Sacluxpaint: What can one use to show evidence of strong ties as the US interview is only a few minutes. My interview is coming up on the 7th of August and I am 28 years old unemployed. My dad and my 1st cousin that is a US citizen is sponsoring the trip. I recently just concluded my NYSC after studying in the UK?

NB: My cousin is getting married on the 9th of August and we have received the IVs.

What are my chances?

@tzetzefly answer my post abeg
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 22, 2014
Temmysteel:

All u jst need is to mail the authentic DS160 to the help desk using the profile you created with your Log on details,The help desk will update it automatically for u,but pls remember to go along with the new DS 160 when u re going to the embassy

Thanks Steel
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 12:26pm On Jul 22, 2014
Sacluxpaint: What can one use to show evidence of strong ties as the US interview is only a few minutes. My interview is coming up on the 7th of August and I am 28 years old unemployed. My dad and my 1st cousin that is a US citizen is sponsoring the trip. I recently just concluded my NYSC after studying in the UK?

What are my chances?

Sacluxpaint: @tzetzefly answer my post abeg

You dont for now have any form of tie to Nigeria and you're at a suspiciously ripe age for a permanent stay in the States.

You can try if you believe in ''luck''.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
tzetzefly:

NB: My dad frequently visits ,but my cousin is a bluepassport holder. I have thought about my following ties, my landed property in ikorodu and some in my villa, my shares in the stockmarket, using my dad's company as a front.Will this pass? I just hope they will look at these in a few minutes.

You dont for now have any form of tie to Nigeria and you're at a suspiciously ripe age for a permanent stay in the States.

You can try if you believe in ''luck''.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 22, 2014
I am not desperate for the US though, I just want to see all the noise made about it.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by VBNET: 2:10pm On Jul 22, 2014
tzetzefly:

Your cousin in the U.S. military cannot spend money on his grandma and spend on you as well.

You're a working adult and so should be able to sponsor your own trip.

Avoid complications for yourself and pay your expenses from your pocket.

Thanks a lot tzetzefly for these great information. Just one more thing. I do hear people say you need to show a strong economic tie to your country for you to have a successful visa interview. Do you think my court marriage certificate will be enough for me to show I have a strong tie to my country.
Thanks in anticipation to your response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.