Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060490 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
Isjaymoh: Hello, pls advice me on this issue. Can my Aunt invitation letter work for me to apply for visit visa? She's a citizen of US, was born and brought up in the US and she has never been to Nigeria. I'm a guy of 26yrs, am working and well pay. No travel experience, and i have a virgin passport. Can i sponsor myself or can she sponsor me?

At 26yrs, you will have to sponsor yourself.

Your sister doesn't need to send an IV to invite you as it normaly doesn't get read.

Apply for a visit and mention her as your host. This should do. Remember to know everything about her situation in the States.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:11pm On Oct 01, 2014
flyingbuddie: @tzetzefly pls i need your opinion in this matter ;

I am a married man with a daughter who is about 15 months old. I have a cousin in the US who is a legal Permanent resident and is married to an american, now the wife is the one inviting myself and my family as relative to the husband. first i want to know, what are the chances of success since my cousin doesn't think he is financially buoyant enough to invite me hence the reason his wife is the one inviting us. Secondly, someone told me i don't need to pay visa fee for my daughter cos she's still a toddler while the other person said i do. All efforts to confirm from the embassy have proved abortive. Please i need urgent advise. thanks y'all.

Telephone: To speak with a U.S. call center representative, call: +23414406294.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by nkkystel(f): 9:17pm On Oct 01, 2014
tzetzefly:

Yes, someone with an IV Petition can be issued with a B category visa, subject to a very strong tie to Nigeria.

It is however difficult to convince a CO though.
Thank you and pls in my case, strong ties like.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:32pm On Oct 01, 2014
KweenCee:

@Tzetzefly,thanks for ur prompt response.Lemme xplain further.I and my fiance filed for a fiance visa.D rule is dat dia shouldn't be any form of wedding for such type of petition.I want to have my wedding here in Nigeria before going to d states as it will be very hard to come back for d wedding after relocating to d states.So that was y i asked dat if we do d wedding before my interview,will d Lagos consulate find out as dat could lead to outright denial.I will be glad if u can throw more light as Ђǿw they could find out.Thanks once more.

1, Immigrant visa for a Spouse of a U.S. Citizen (IR1 or CR1) - An immigrant Petition for Alien Relative, Form I-130 is required.

2, Nonimmigrant visa for spouse (K-3) - It is important to note that application for the nonimmigrant visa for spouse (K-3) who married a U.S. citizen must be filed and the visa must be issued in the country where the marriage took place.

After the visa process has been completed, and the visa is issued, the spouse can travel to the United States to wait for the processing of the immigrant visa case.

These are the two procedures you can follow to legalise your union.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
nkkystel:
Thank you and pls in my case, strong ties like.

Good job, solid social and family ties, long term business establishment among others.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
Ok, Thank you much

Phema: @ifemsh. My advice will be; maintain your vacation story. If asked if you are pregnant, make sure you say. And emphatic"yes" and add that you may also use the visa for birthing next year. But that that is not in the immediate plan as you just want to go on family vacation for now.

Again, even if you are not asked, still chip in that you are a few weeks pregnant and may use the visa for birthing next year.

This is to avoid future problems. Being deported at POE and getting banned is not something you will like to experience.

Goodluck in your interview.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 01, 2014
Alright bt am Not sure we can do all dt befr our interview date. Tnk you fr yur input

worry359:
First look back in this section and seek information.
Contact hospitals / birth centres and get prices.
Look for accomodation and get prices.
Get quotations for everything including flights.

THEN
You can say "I am pregnant",
Say that you want to have baby in USA.
You can show costs and bills and show bank statements to cover these costs. (You then look like honest genuine person.)
If all ok you can pay the bills before applying for visa stating that it is to birth.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ykjnr(m): 3:13am On Oct 02, 2014
@Tzetzefly and all, kindly help a friend out please.. He want to update his profile with a new DS160 number and he had entered the new DS160 code but after clicking the Save button it was displaying "ERROR: Error occurred while loading the Visualforce page". Please what is the way forward?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by nkkystel(f): 9:31am On Oct 02, 2014
tzetzefly:

Good job, solid social and family ties, long term business establishment among others.
Thank you!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by charloo911: 12:54am On Oct 03, 2014
Hello house members, i need an answer to my question that has been giving me sleepless night as my interview date is very close.

i have been bidding for cars online and shipping it into the country for two years now from a car shop in New york and now the managment are inviting me for a car dealership business meeting on how to open a office in Nigeria. i have an invitation letter from the company. what oda document do i need to go with to the embassy ? i need ur responds asap cos my interview date is very close
Re: Usa Visit Visa by esteltiarra: 4:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
You don't have to be abusive to those who got visa's and shared it here, to each his own, conduct yourself with respect to others in a public forum.... undecided
Re: Usa Visit Visa by esteltiarra: 7:21pm On Oct 03, 2014
@Justwise, kindly do the needful here...thanks........ tongue

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by barkays001: 2:25pm On Oct 04, 2014
The gurus in the house I want to know if it is possible to apply for student visa since b1/b2 visa is still valid. what happens if the student visa is denied will the b1/b2 visa will still be usable to travel?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tayoamos: 2:42pm On Oct 04, 2014
barkays001:
The gurus in the house I want to know if it is possible to apply for student visa since b1/b2 visa is still valid. what happens if the student visa is denied will the b1/b2 visa will still be usable to travel?
Your b1b2 visa cannot be changed to an f1 visa here in Nigeria unless it expires then u apply for a student visa. If u have a visit USA visa and u want to school in the USA, better u go to the school in the USA, process your admission, pay your school fees and your school will issue you I-20 form, the school will be the one to change your status for u at the relevant quarters...this is very legal.
However, lets hear from chief Tzetzefly

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 04, 2014
tayoamos:

Your b1b2 visa cannot be changed to an f1 visa here in Nigeria unless it expires then u apply for a student visa. If u have a visit USA visa and u want to school in the USA, better u go to the school in the USA, process your admission, pay your school fees and your school will issue you I-20 form, the school will be the one to change your status for u at the relevant quarters...this is very legal.
However, lets hear from chief Tzetzefly

I doubt that is possible. She will have to apply for an F1 visa. I doubt she can just adjust her status in the US on a B1B2 visa.

If however her F1 visa is denied, the B1B2 will still be valid.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Isjaymoh(m): 8:27pm On Oct 04, 2014
tzetzefly:

At 26yrs, you will have to sponsor yourself.

Your sister doesn't need to send an IV to invite you as it normaly doesn't get read.

Apply for a visit and mention her as your host. This should do. Remember to know everything about her situation in the States.

Thanks so much. But what the right document i need to carry along to the embassy? And when is the best time to apply for visiting visa?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by charzyh2: 8:49pm On Oct 04, 2014
abeycityx:
@charzyh2 I went there on Monday and Tuesday they told me to check back ... I don't know what is wrong ..
there's no probs sir. I guess it's general. You can contact them.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Juliansamuel: 2:30pm On Oct 05, 2014
Good evening all and happy sallah...pls I applied for a non immigrant visa with my 4yr old daughter but was denied and I think it's because I just collected her birth certificate frm the hospital this year and it dated 2014 cos d vo asked aw come I just collected it this year and I told dt it wasn't given to me when I had her and since then I didn't go to collect it until I needed it this year...I want to reapply and I Dnt knw aw to convince them that she's my daughter and dt the birth certificate is genuine....pls I need ur answers Fastlink and co...pleeeease.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by acadollar(m): 4:02pm On Oct 05, 2014
Somebody shud help pls
How do i apply for conference..is it just paying the conference application or do i need to prepare presentations too ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shithapuns: 1:27pm On Oct 06, 2014
HELLO HOUSE, NEED SOME ADVICE... i work in a major energy firm and my company is sending me on a 10 day course, of which they would assist me with official docs/backing to get a us visa, i intend to travel with my wife for the course, and i intend to get a letter from the company stating that she is my wife etc..in addition to her going to the visa interview with our marriage cert/my acct statement/copy of my company id/copy of letter inviting me for the course etc, have booked an interview for her in the coming days, and am wondering what else i need to do?

note: my visa is not ready yet, though i hope it will be granted and ready before her interview date, thus she could go with a copy of my passport/visa page.........[is this really necessary?].

she has only been to uae and some african countires, and her passport bears her maiden name [she will go with our marriage cert, and newspaper change of name cutout]. she used the place i would be staying for the course as her place of stay in usa, and also my name as sponsor. she is into biz, and just registered her company [ltd], though zero cash flow in her company acct as the biz is new
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:39pm On Oct 06, 2014
Isjaymoh:

Thanks so much. But what the right document i need to carry along to the embassy? And when is the best time to apply for visiting visa?

Anytime is ok to apply. The document needed is based on your reason for travel.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:44pm On Oct 06, 2014
Juliansamuel:
Good evening all and happy sallah...pls I applied for a non immigrant visa with my 4yr old daughter but was denied and I think it's because I just collected her birth certificate frm the hospital this year and it dated 2014 cos d vo asked aw come I just collected it this year and I told dt it wasn't given to me when I had her and since then I didn't go to collect it until I needed it this year...I want to reapply and I Dnt knw aw to convince them that she's my daughter and dt the birth certificate is genuine....pls I need ur answers Fastlink and co...pleeeease.

How come you think the basis for denial is only due to your recent birth certificate? A transcript of your interview will help to make a basis on your refusal.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:49pm On Oct 06, 2014
shithapuns:
HELLO HOUSE, NEED SOME ADVICE... i work in a major energy firm and my company is sending me on a 10 day course, of which they would assist me with official docs/backing to get a us visa, i intend to travel with my wife for the course, and i intend to get a letter from the company stating that she is my wife etc..in addition to her going to the visa interview with our marriage cert/my acct statement/copy of my company id/copy of letter inviting me for the course etc, have booked an interview for her in the coming days, and am wondering what else i need to do?

note: my visa is not ready yet, though i hope it will be granted and ready before her interview date, thus she could go with a copy of my passport/visa page.........[is this really necessary?].

she has only been to uae and some african countires, and her passport bears her maiden name [she will go with our marriage cert, and newspaper change of name cutout]. she used the place i would be staying for the course as her place of stay in usa, and also my name as sponsor. she is into biz, and just registered her company [ltd], though zero cash flow in her company acct as the biz is new

Is this your first trip to the States? If yes, you have to embark on that trip alone. After all, it is just a journey for ten days. In your subsequent trip to the US, you can then go along with your spouse.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Dogzimalon: 2:37pm On Oct 06, 2014
henrychubayo:
To help you very well. Try and post in details how the interview went. Questions and answers. Everything in details
thanks. Well i have to be plain to you. I was asked where i was going and i replied North Carolina instead of chicago illinois that was the mistake
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Isjaymoh(m): 4:26pm On Oct 06, 2014
tzetzefly:

Anytime is ok to apply. The document needed is based on your reason for travel.

Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mrnicho: 8:53pm On Oct 06, 2014
Hello forummate . A friend of mine is plannig to spend his vacation in usa. but he resided in dubia and he to be invite by a girl friend that base in US . Now what document did he need and what document that the girl need to send to him and what is the procedure ?because she just left his place ,she also came for a visiting to meet my friend in dubai please help
Re: Usa Visit Visa by greggy: 6:11am On Oct 07, 2014
@tzetzefly and every other person that can be of help here.

I wandered into this thread while searching for some info and i must commend what u re doing here.
I need your advice on something bothering me about my visa application. I applied for a conference in Washington DC and my appointment is schedule for friday 10th 7am. What bothers me is that I was processing a student visa last year but aborted it. During that time, i visited the embassy on a notary appointment because the school i applied for stated that my sponsor's form must be notarized at the US consulate but however, i couldn't get that done because they demanded that my uncle must sign in the presence of the consular before they notarize it and i left . I couldn't get it done because my uncle was out of town and had to abort the school process.
Now my question is this, will this pop up in their system even if i never did biometrics or attended any interview.
My conference is for 9days and am been sponsored by my boss. I work in the office of the senior special assistant to the gov.

pls advise

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.