Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,085 members, 7,828,810 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1062042 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Green120: 1:36pm On Oct 14, 2014
Hello housemates,

Kindly advice a brother. My wife,myself and two kids applied for a usa study visa in June,my wife was the main applicant while myself and the kids were her dependant and our visas were refused, she applied again in July with my 8 month old daughter and were still refused.

My question is if I can apply for a visit visa with my family for the Xmas after my wife being refused a study visa

Thanks.
Please gurus in the house I am still hanging on for your advices.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Dogzimalon: 4:31pm On Oct 14, 2014
Dogzimalon:
thanks. Well i have to be plain to you. I was asked where i was going and i replied North Carolina instead of chicago illinois that was the mistake
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kayfuture: 5:48pm On Oct 14, 2014
Got denied on Oct 10... last WK Friday precisely..
7:00 appointment.. People were denied Massively including married couples. And the few ones given were scrutinized well above 10-15 mins i swear .
Aged citizens above 65yrs were "dashed visas".... All genres were denied by a particular young CO male... he will allow you blab wella oo, sotey you go dey get small hope but blue paper no far from him at all..
He even denied a popular music video director on d day...
The VO at window 8 was the most lenient that day.. come see peeps dey pray make dem no. fall for there .Often times , the guy denying peeps for fun will call those attendants to please call ther names out for him despite their number popping out on d screen.. Peeps there fear die.. come dey fake sleep! ..
All I can say for peeps having interview soon , just zero your mind say good or bad... !
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 14, 2014
^^^ Sorry for your denial. Can you give your interview transcript? Just so we know if there was a reason for that.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by fatfatty: 8:58pm On Oct 14, 2014
Hello house, is it compulsory I send a copy of invitation letter to lagos us embassy? If yes, Kindly help me with d email address. Thank
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 14, 2014
fatfatty:
Hello house, is it compulsory I send a copy of invitation letter to lagos us embassy? If yes, Kindly help me with d email address. Thank

You don't have to. You can't take it with you to the interview.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 14, 2014
Tzetze pls a friend of mine was rejected in 2002 when he wanted to go for study,does he still need to put it in d form moreover it was in d old passport. And now he is working.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 14, 2014
obakovich:
Tzetze pls a friend of mine was rejected in 2002 when he wanted to go for study,does he still need to put it in d form moreover it was in d old passport. And now he is working.

Yes. He should state it.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shamecurls(m): 2:06am On Oct 15, 2014
Hello House,

How many years visa does the us embassy issue for renewal imagining that first visa had a duration was 2 years?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:47am On Oct 15, 2014
shamecurls:
Hello House, How many years visa does the us embassy issue for renewal imagining that first visa had a duration was 2 years?

Mostly, 2 years multiple entry.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gozychuks(m): 8:21am On Oct 15, 2014
I intend to relocate to the US. I am single nd 32yrs old. My younger broda is a US citizen he is in d miiitary. What are my chances wat is the best way to go about it. Can I apply for visit visa. first then visit and come back before he can file for me or should he just file for me and how long will that take. If there is a better option or way am open to advice nd suggestions
Re: Usa Visit Visa by fatfatty: 9:19am On Oct 15, 2014
Phema:

You don't have to. You can't take it with you to the interview.

Thanks. Nice day
Re: Usa Visit Visa by yemad(f): 10:24am On Oct 15, 2014
hello house, pls i have interveiw in a few days time. i plan to go for vacation with my son for 13days in dec, my hubby is not going with us. pls what and what do you think i shd take along or the likely questions i might be asked. thanks!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 15, 2014
Gozychuks:
I intend to relocate to the US. I am single nd 32yrs old. My younger broda is a US citizen he is in d miiitary. What are my chances wat is the best way to go about it. Can I apply for visit visa. first then visit and come back before he can file for me or should he just file for me and how long will that take. If there is a better option or way am open to advice nd suggestions

Your brother can file for you. It will take about 11-13 years for your case to become current. This could be a little less cos I think people in the military are given some sort of priority. I'm not sure though. Afterwards, you get scheduled for an immigrant visa interview.

You can get a visiting visa now before he files for you. Once he files, it will become very difficult to get one.

Another option will be to go with a Student visa. Graduate and hope a company files for you when you get a job.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gozychuks(m): 12:32pm On Oct 15, 2014
Phema:

Your brother can file for you. It will take about 11-13 years for your case to become current. This could be a little less cos I think people in the military are given some sort of priority. I'm not sure though. Afterwards, you get scheduled for an immigrant visa interview.

You can get a visiting visa now before he files for you. Once he files, it will become very difficult to get one.
Another option will be to go with a Student visa. Graduate and hope a company files for you when you get a job.
Am a graduate d cost of masters is d issue am having. Its quite high
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 15, 2014
Gozychuks:

Am a graduate d cost of masters is d issue am having. Its quite high

Then let your brother file for you. It's gonna take some time though.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gozychuks(m): 3:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
Phema:

Then let your brother file for you. It's gonna take some time though.

I want him. To file ialso want somethin else y waitin for dat to work out
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 15, 2014
Gozychuks:
I want him. To file ialso want somethin else y waitin for dat to work out

Your choice then.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Richystar4: 9:47pm On Oct 15, 2014
Does previous unsuccessful application for DV lottery (immigrant intent) in anyway affect a B1/B2 Visa application.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by femredhead: 1:59am On Oct 16, 2014
NO
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shithapuns: 8:20am On Oct 16, 2014
i think it depends on frequency and yr you applied last.eg if you hve been applying for the dv visa non stop for the past 3 or 4 yrs,then i think it will count against you as a possible immigrant......you have to demonstrate extra strong ties to naija...if single
Re: Usa Visit Visa by DobraDobra: 10:12am On Oct 16, 2014
shithapuns:
i think it depends on frequency and yr you applied last.eg if you hve been applying for the dv visa non stop for the,then i think it will count against you as a possible immigrant......you have to demonstrate extra strong ties to naija...if single

I wonder where u get this idea from
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dailydolar(m): 2:52pm On Oct 16, 2014
if u have booked an appointment with d US embassy b4 n did not appear for the scheduled interview due to busy schedule will it affect your new application?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 16, 2014
dailydolar:
if u have booked an appointment with d US embassy b4 n did not appear for the scheduled interview due to busy schedule will it affect your new application?

No. Just in case it comes up, explain that you were busy at that time.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 7:49am On Oct 17, 2014
Hello
I have my visa, travelled to the US a coupla times. Now we're filling for my husband who its his first time but has been to the UK before.
I have a steady income and early not too badly. He's a business man and has some buses for transport. For sponsor, which will be the best option to put? Me as my statement is ok or him then say at the interview that both of us will contribute.
Then I head december is not a good time to apply for vacation. True/false?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by deoladtop: 10:29pm On Oct 17, 2014
Got my visa together with my kids.yipee
Re: Usa Visit Visa by deoladtop: 11:20pm On Oct 17, 2014
Myself and my kids got our visas on Wednesday. By today I received mails dat my children's passport are ready for pick up.but mine is stir at d embassy. What could be wrong
Re: Usa Visit Visa by charzyh2: 11:17am On Oct 18, 2014
deoladtop:
congrats
Re: Usa Visit Visa by oguchi60: 12:53pm On Oct 18, 2014
Anonymous1900:
I guess a little more information might help eg Have you been to the us before? if your answer is yes then i think you have a really good chance, since you dint abscond previously regardless of your ties. I also think some evidence of the procedure your dad went through and when (probably scanned to you) would help during your interview to confirm the surgery and your reason for visiting. If your planning to travel this december then i think your chances are quite good since your already doing your Nysc and its unlikely you abandon it just few months into the nysc program since you came from uk to serve. (your should probably hold your uk certificate or some other type of proof your foreign trained).
You might need to show evidence of leave from your ppa and probably a letter from the nysc secretariat like you suggested to confirm your serving presently. Finally i think honesty is the best policy (eg when asked about your parents status and things like that). Not having strong ties to Nigeria does not disqualify you (probably just means you need to prove harder you wont disappear) and with the approach you are planning to take, I think you should be fine.
In summary i think the kind of support information you need will be invite letter, financial information, accommodation information (all these can be covered by your folks). As for ties, The truth is best rather than lying or making up stuff
Pls house,I have wnt for interview on apirl and they denied me visa becus of pressure in me,and am about to applied again by nxt year febuary,what will I do to removed d fear in me.pls house help me plssss
Re: Usa Visit Visa by femredhead: 3:05pm On Oct 18, 2014
deoladtop:
Congrats ! Kindly share your interview transcript with us.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 19, 2014
deoladtop:
Myself and my kids got our visas on Wednesday. By today I received mails dat my children's passport are ready for pick up.but mine is stir at d embassy. What could be wrong
Go to school!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (323)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.