Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,143 members, 7,829,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1062073 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 13, 2015
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Solo84(m): 8:23pm On Feb 13, 2015
mikeud22:
Micky
Hello Nairalanders, I just had my interview today, it was awesome, I made it, i just discovered that all you need to get this Visa is God’s Favor and sincerity. I prepared as if as was going for a multimillion dollar job interview. I prayed like I have never prayed before. Then God proved it in my life that he still remains the “Ancient of days”.
I read a lot of testimonies about people that made it and pple that didn’t make it. I prepared myself with this nairaland.
A lot of people were turned back because they were not sincere, some could not prove what they filled in their form, someone was asked the hotel he lounged when he travelled to Germany, he couldn’t remember, a lady said she is a manager in a company bt she doesn’t know her company’s website. Some couldn’t describe their job description in details. It could be that they were naïve, fear or lying (you can cheat, cram your book in school but when it comes to job experience, it flows). Others did everything write but were not favored. That’s y u need God.
See the truth is that this consulates are not wicked neither are they selfish or self centered. They are well trained, so they know when u are lying or telling the truth. If not for nairaland I would have lied that I have travelled as an infant (because I read a documentary that if you have not travelled to other countries before that America will not offer you their visa) but I also read someone’s testimony he said he has not travelled out before and he was offered visa), who knows I would have been denied.
This was how my interview went:
Vo: Good morning
Me: Good morning
VO: were in America are you going to
ME: I am goin to bla bla bla
VO: have you travelled outside Nigeria before
Me: Nup
VO: what are you goin to do in the USA
Me: Vacation
VO: who are you going to visit
Me: my Uncle
VO: whatz his name
Me: I told her
VO: were do you work
VO: tell me about your job
VO: Tell me more about your job
(then it became interesting)
ME: I then explained in details what she doesn’t understand about my job description but because she observed that I knew what I was saying, she then said oh you work in soo soo soo industry I said yes.
That was all.
VO: you can come back in two days and pick up your passport
Me: thanks
I am not writing this cos I want to write, I don’t even have the strength, I am doing it because the post in this house gave me hope n serious understanding about what is happening at the embassy, so when I went, there was no difference. Am also given you hope that if you believe in God n believe yourself, the sky is your limit.
The Truth is that I bore the mark of “God’s Favor” on my forehead. Because I was scared when I saw them turned some VIP’s back.

That was very brief. congrats bro.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by judefab: 8:49pm On Feb 13, 2015
mikeud22:
Micky
Hello Nairalanders, I just had my interview today, it was awesome, I made it, i just discovered that all you need to get this Visa is God’s Favor and sincerity. I prepared as if as was going for a multimillion dollar job interview. I prayed like I have never prayed before. Then God proved it in my life that he still remains the “Ancient of days”.
I read a lot of testimonies about people that made it and pple that didn’t make it. I prepared myself with this nairaland.
A lot of people were turned back because they were not sincere, some could not prove what they filled in their form, someone was asked the hotel he lounged when he travelled to Germany, he couldn’t remember, a lady said she is a manager in a company bt she doesn’t know her company’s website. Some couldn’t describe their job description in details. It could be that they were naïve, fear or lying (you can cheat, cram your book in school but when it comes to job experience, it flows). Others did everything write but were not favored. That’s y u need God.
See the truth is that this consulates are not wicked neither are they selfish or self centered. They are well trained, so they know when u are lying or telling the truth. If not for nairaland I would have lied that I have travelled as an infant (because I read a documentary that if you have not travelled to other countries before that America will not offer you their visa) but I also read someone’s testimony he said he has not travelled out before and he was offered visa), who knows I would have been denied.
This was how my interview went:
Vo: Good morning
Me: Good morning
VO: were in America are you going to
ME: I am goin to bla bla bla
VO: have you travelled outside Nigeria before
Me: Nup
VO: what are you goin to do in the USA
Me: Vacation
VO: who are you going to visit
Me: my Uncle
VO: whatz his name
VO: were do you work
VO: tell me about your job
VO: Tell me more about your job
(then it became interesting)
ME: I then explained in details what she doesn’t understand about my job description but because she observed that I knew what I was saying, she then said oh you work in soo soo soo industry I said yes.
That was all.
VO: you can come back in two days and pick up your passport
Me: thanks
I am not writing this cos I want to write, I don’t even have the strength, I am doing it because the post in this house gave me hope n serious understanding about what is happening at the embassy, so when I went, there was no difference. Am also given you hope that if you believe in God n believe yourself, the sky is your limit.
The Truth is that I bore the mark of “God’s Favor” on my forehead. Because I was scared when I saw them turned some VIP’s back.

congratulations.....that means Monday is the collection

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by burgessdon(m): 10:09am On Feb 14, 2015
I just only want to thank God and every1 in this forum .my brother got his visa approved on Monday with the help of some of the information shared on this forum .I want to sincerely thank everyone that has contributed to this forum . He actual applied to attend a conference without any travel experience in the past . He was asked the state where the conference would be holding,the name of his sponsor,he gave as Mrs Lola Ade (one of his church memebers )and lastly asked to tell them about his church .I once again wanna thank you all.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by onyenaija1: 12:12pm On Feb 14, 2015
I completed and submitted my online visa application form on 31st of Dec 2014 and had my interview on the 2nd of Feb 2015. I was asked about 5 questions bothering on why i want to visit the USA, my contact. (his occupation and state of residence). The Visa Officer (a lady) also asked questions about my job and family. I didnt need any of the documents that i went with eg evidence of employment, tax clearance, confirmation of appointment etc, etc, etc. I was done in about three minutes and i was told to go to DHL head office in Abuja for my visa. I did not tell lies in any way. I have not also travelled outside Naija before but i had my visa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 14, 2015
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 15, 2015
congrats to all those who were successfully. I share your joys.

I hope to share my experience come 2nd march.
#15daystogo.

hey Chloe
hey lady G

where una go?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Omooso(m): 11:44am On Feb 15, 2015
hi good people of nairaland,please i need urgent response,i want to attend a Church conference in Dallas Texas on 19th this month that is 4 days time,i booked hotel online with my Credit card and confirmed it,my problem now is that they did not deduct the money,they said i should pay on arrival,hope this will not affect me at the port of entry? thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 12:14pm On Feb 15, 2015
Omooso:
hi good people of nairaland,please i need urgent response,i want to attend a Church conference in Dallas Texas on 19th this month that is 4 days time,i booked hotel online with my Credit card and confirmed it,my problem now is that they did not deduct the money, they said i should pay on arrival,hope this will not affect me at the port of entry? thanks

You should be happy that they did not ask for money upfront just in case if you don't get the visa.

Not asking for money upfront is normal with hotel reservation.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Omooso(m): 12:44pm On Feb 15, 2015
thank you justwise,i got the visa since last year,i just want to confirm i will not face any issue at the port of entry.please justwise ur reply is highly needed
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Teedle(f): 2:12pm On Feb 15, 2015
Good day everyone,

This is my situation.

I am a final year student from University of Lagos, my convocation ceremony is on March 27 - 30, 2015.

I will start my NYSC on May 5, 2015.

I am in the process of applying for a B-2 tourist visa, I have all the necessary documents and my father is my sponsor. The documents include my passport, print out, dad's bank statement, c of o of our house, family picture, family chart, print out of nysc timetable, letter from school etc

However, 

-the person inviting me is an international student
- I travelled to Dubai and Ghana 2 years ago
- my sponsors bank statement is that of his business.
-I will like to travel on April 1 for 30 days 

Is my NYSC enough to show that I will be back after my short holiday? I also have 4 siblings and both parents here in Nigeria. I'm just concerned because I have read that the interviewer doesn't ask for documents which I feel would show my strong ties.

Can you please advise me accordingly. Thank you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Omooso(m): 2:37pm On Feb 15, 2015
justwise pls i am still waiting for ur reply o
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 7:59am On Feb 16, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

You should be happy that they did not ask for money upfront just in case if you don't get the visa.

Not asking for money upfront is normal with hotel reservation.

Omooso:
thank you justwise,i got the visa since last year,i just want to confirm i will not face any issue at the port of entry.please justwise ur reply is highly needed

I answered your question already.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 10:05am On Feb 16, 2015
fredoricko:
congrats to all those who were successfully. I share your joys.

I hope to share my experience come 2nd march.
#15daystogo.

hey Chloe
hey lady G

where una go?

Good luck nwanne
Travelled and was very busy sightseeing. Now I'm back and ready to get back to my NL hobby! Lol
Re: Usa Visit Visa by solojay2002: 11:06am On Feb 16, 2015
thegreengooner:

It has nothing to do with the VO as its the same questions you will be asked.

Please anyone in the house, I would like you kindly enlighten me on this.

Do US embassy grant visa more on family visit or conference. Please I need your candid advice. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 16, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Good luck nwanne
Travelled and was very busy sightseeing. Now I'm back and ready to get back to my NL hobby! Lol

oh, ok.
welcome back.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by exboyega: 3:50pm On Feb 16, 2015
Please house....if sum wants to go for a 6day training with an aviation academy in the us,what type of visa category will I apply for?will it be a B1/B2?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 4:23pm On Feb 16, 2015
solojay2002:

Please anyone in the house, I would like you kindly enlighten me on this.

Do US embassy grant visa more on family visit or conference. Please I need your candid advice. Thanks in anticipation

Visas are granted based on the applicant's ability to prove genuineness of the purpose of travel as well as show strong ties to Nigeria as evidenced by gainful employment, socio-economic and family ties and a clear indication that the would be traveller is not intending to emigrate under false pretences.

In plain English, if you can't prove clearly that you are who you say you are, are going for what you say you are going for and can support yourself and return without being a burden to the society, you are most likely going to be refused a visa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by exboyega: 4:42pm On Feb 16, 2015
exboyega:
Please house....if sum1 wants to go for a 6day training with an aviation academy in the us,what type of visa category will I apply for?will it be a B1/B2?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 16, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Good luck nwanne
LadyGuinivere my friend my friend, how you dey? Long time you abandon me grin me sef i've been busy, a today my phone internet decide to work with my lyca mobile sim card since Saturday, although the iPad was working but i'm too used to using this phone for NL, the cold here is neck breaking ehn.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 9:34pm On Feb 16, 2015
chloe7:
LadyGuinivere my friend my friend, how you dey? Long time you abandon me grin me sef i've been busy, a today my phone internet decide to work with my lyca mobile sim card since Saturday, although the iPad was working but i'm too used to using this phone for NL, the cold here is neck breaking ehn.
Baby girl! How body? Drink tea and coffee. U sef go on leave come return. Welcome. Oya start to do your NL work. Lol
Re: Usa Visit Visa by exboyega: 10:03pm On Feb 16, 2015
exboyega:
Please house....if sum wants to go for a 6day training with an aviation academy in the us,what type of visa category will I apply for?will it be a B1/B2?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by exboyega: 10:04pm On Feb 16, 2015
I will appreciate an answer from d gurus....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by exboyega: 10:14pm On Feb 16, 2015
I want to go for a 6day training and I really don't know which visa category I'm to apply to.....maybe a B1/B2 or M visaplsss house....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:10am On Feb 17, 2015
exboyega:
I want to go for a 6day training and I really don't know which visa category I'm to apply to.....maybe a B1/B2 or M visaplsss house....

B1

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:32am On Feb 17, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Baby girl! How body? Drink tea and coffee. U sef go on leave come return. Welcome. Oya start to do your NL work. Lol
cold wan break my head for here o! I don return now cheesy cheesy to work small because i'm more jobless now sef
Re: Usa Visit Visa by gateluv: 8:03am On Feb 17, 2015
Dear nairalander, with a 2 years multiple entry visit visa. what are the possible ways of changing the current visa status to any residence visa status.thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:08am On Feb 17, 2015
[quote author=exboyega post=30797653][/quote]

If it's an uncertified training, I.e no certificate will be issued or no credit accumulated, then a B1/B2 visa would do. But if a certificate will be issued that amounts to earning academic credit, then you'd need another category of visa, I.e M or F visa. Thnks..

#13daysmore#teamsuccess.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by cute2014: 9:46am On Feb 17, 2015
Hello,I have never posted on this particular thread.But its with great joy that I announce to you that my mum has just been given a visit visa some few minutes ago to visit us in the US.I read through this thread from page 1 to this last page and followed through.Details later......

My song again:
Ta ni ng o tun gbe ga o bi kose baba loke
Ta ni ng o tun fi gbogbo ope mi fun
Olorun to da awon oke igba ni
Eyin ni mo fi ope e mi fun.

I want to thank everybody on this forum whose posts have made her successful.God bless you all.

3 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by gateluv: 1:21pm On Feb 17, 2015
gateluv:
Dear nairalander, with a 2 years multiple entry visit visa. what are the possible ways of changing the current visa status to any residence visa status.thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 2:02pm On Feb 17, 2015
gateluv:

To the best of my knowledge, < 0 . Why don't you ask the visa officer on the other thread.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by judefab: 3:15pm On Feb 17, 2015
Hello room. ...pls I need your help...I booked my appointment in Abuja but when I filled my ds 160 form.I made a mistake and filled Lagos as location where my application will be submitted...pls what should I do...my interview is on the 20th...

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (323)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.