Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,413 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1062248 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by segzy2020: 7:19am On Oct 25, 2012
Seyi... Please what are the likely questions to be ask at the us port of entry? Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 10:13am On Oct 25, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

I think that Congratulations statement is an insult to us as Nigerians simply because the visa officer approve the application. What do they even think of us? Whats so special in their country. Nonsense.!
I disagree to this, it happens everywhere, it becomes degrading when your intent is to go and donate some relief materials to the flood victims in the floodrida USA cheesy and I doubt that for now but for business/adventure wise, it is congratulatory. you know why, it is a prerequisite to the success of your entire set goal, and believe me, it is the hardest and the most troublesome part.
Maybe, a little check on what other foreigners go through seeking a Visa to Nigeria would show you that it is not easy in either side. So every progressive stage reached should be celebrated. cool

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 25, 2012
topsyking:
Dotcom..for the first time in ur life..u made a sensible statement..dat why I like it...

for the first time and you like him?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by usewisdom: 3:44pm On Oct 25, 2012
topsyking:
Dotcom..for the first time in ur life..u made a sensible statement..dat why I like it...

grin abi na, always on red eye b4, i'm born again now o bro.. grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by topsyking: 7:57pm On Oct 25, 2012
usewisdom:

grin abi na, always on red eye b4, i'm born again now o bro.. grin
U are very funny...when u won curse u use dotcom but if u won do born again..na usewisdom...I like ur parol
Re: Usa Visit Visa by usewisdom: 1:00am On Oct 26, 2012
topsyking:
U are very funny...when u won curse u use dotcom but if u won do born again..na usewisdom...I like ur parol

Na my way grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ayobj: 10:00am On Oct 26, 2012
segzy2020: Please house, how much can I get a cheap flight from lagos to chicago this coming december?

You must be very rich to be talking about lagos direct to chicago.
Let me confirm your fears,there is no direct chicago flight.
If you want a plane that will take you from lagos to chicago with stop-overs likely new york,atlanta,detroit(via KLM) or Houston(via United)
This will cost at least $2500 to $3000.usually around 400k naira
This can however be subverted if you are interested.
I travelled to the USA and chicago for the first time last year.
Left lagos by emirates at 2:30pm nigerian time 25/11/2012.
Then we got to dubai at 1am.Had a 8 hour stop-over.
We left dubai at 8am on the 26th and reached new york by 1pm 26/11/2012.
I paid N225,000 for return ticket LOS-DXB-JFK and back.
At JFK,after passport control,I went to a lot of terminals within JFK but could not get a chicago ticket.Got jetblue at $380.
So I went to LGA-la guardia airport like 30 minutes drive from JFK.
I got a united airlines for $250 to ORD-ohare chicago.
After my conference,I got a cheaper ticket for $ 150.
So saved some funds and had a great time.
All the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by usewisdom: 10:55am On Oct 26, 2012
FAST-LINK:

I disagree to this, it happens everywhere, it becomes degrading when your intent is to go and donate some relief materials to the flood victims in the floodrida USA cheesy and I doubt that for now but for business/adventure wise, it is congratulatory. you know why, it is a prerequisite to the success of your entire set goal, and believe me, it is the hardest and the most troublesome part.
Maybe, a little check on what other foreigners go through seeking a Visa to Nigeria would show you that it is not easy in either side. So every progressive stage reached should be celebrated. cool

Now answer just this question. Is there no other country for your business wise/adventure? YES or NO pls. Simple question....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ayobj: 11:20am On Oct 26, 2012
segzy2020: Please house, how much can I get a cheap flight from lagos to chicago this coming december?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by BayoAdex(m): 6:59am On Oct 27, 2012
Hi all, appreciate u guys/ladies so much on this forum. May God bless all. Pls i ve a question: i ve already booked interview date for nov 14 and jst discovered d passport wit which i booked d interview appointment will be expiring february. I check and realised my passport need too be valid for @ least 6months ahead of my interview. I ve gotten a new passport now...My wuestion is do i need to book another appointment wit d new passport. ( Cos d passport nos r different) or i shld go with both passports Need ur help asap especially those experienced or dat ve encountered this kind of prob before. Thanks sirs/mas
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 7:15am On Oct 27, 2012
Bayo Adex: Hi all, appreciate u guys/ladies so much on this forum. May God bless all. Pls i ve a question: i ve already booked interview date for nov 14 and jst discovered d passport wit which i booked d interview appointment will be expiring february. I check and realised my passport need too be valid for @ least 6months ahead of my interview. I ve gotten a new passport now...My wuestion is do i need to book another appointment wit d new passport. ( Cos d passport nos r different) or i shld go with both passports Need ur help asap especially those experienced or dat ve encountered this kind of prob before. Thanks sirs/mas

You don't have to schedule another appointment but you may have to refill another Visa form.

For US embassy Abuja, it is not a problem and I suppose it's also obtainable in Lagos, however, calling them for confirmation is just ok.

Cheers!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Enlightened1: 9:58am On Oct 27, 2012
@ Fast-Link

Bro, I've got a serious problem! I had paid my US visa fee and scheduled since July and had scheduled an interview for Oct 24, which was last Wednesday. I got to the US embassy only to find out my name was not on the rooster, hence I wasn't allowed to appear for the Interview. I went and check the appointment portal only to find out my interview date was rescheduled from October 24 to October 9. My Interview had passed without me knowing. I swear after the day I schedule the interview for October 24, i never login into that portal. How the date got changed is beyond me!. Now I'll need your advice on what to do, If I pay another visa fee money, can I get an interview date before 20th of next month? I understand you specialize in getting early date. Can you help me out bro?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 11:24am On Oct 27, 2012
I am so sorry for everything, you must have selected the auto reschedule of a thing.
Did you get to speak to any of the officials there?
They may activate it for you if your case is genuine, on the issue of getting another date pretty soon, yes, I have replied to your PM.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Enlightened1: 12:14pm On Oct 27, 2012
@ Fast- Link

Kindly drop your email address, so that I can correspond with you! And, yes i spoke with the official their respond wasn't positive! I am going for a Conference/Workshop which is billed for Nov 26- 29
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 2:32pm On Oct 27, 2012
Enlightened1: @ Fast- Link

Kindly drop your email address, so that I can correspond with you! And, yes i spoke with the official their respond wasn't positive! I am going for a Conference/Workshop which is billed for Nov 26- 29
you will make it to your conference/workshop my dear. that could be a blessing in disguise for you.

Anyway, check your mail
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 2:39pm On Oct 28, 2012
Enlightened1: @ Fast-Link

Bro, I've got a serious problem! I had paid my US visa fee and scheduled since July and had scheduled an interview for Oct 24, which was last Wednesday. I got to the US embassy only to find out my name was not on the rooster, hence I wasn't allowed to appear for the Interview. I went and check the appointment portal only to find out my interview date was rescheduled from October 24 to October 9. My Interview had passed without me knowing. I swear after the day I schedule the interview for October 24, i never login into that portal. How the date got changed is beyond me!. Now I'll need your advice on what to do, If I pay another visa fee money, can I get an interview date before 20th of next month? I understand you specialize in getting early date. Can you help me out bro?

We met here on NL right? We had lot of transaction involving money?
Please for the sake of those in doubt, can you kindly say the truth about me?

The other guy talking about appmnt with fastlink, it was during the time that
the crazy and stupid dotcom was spitting rubbish that he committed a good amount
of money to me and I did what he asked for, simple as that!

Sheyi
Re: Usa Visit Visa by jub009: 2:43pm On Oct 28, 2012
@ Sheyi, wats up wit ur bb?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by walexy(m): 1:45pm On Oct 29, 2012
Hi good people,

My cousin is currently having a challenge booking an appointment. The system keeps saying his details had been used with a different e-mail address in the past, hence he wasn't allowed to move further in scheduling the appointment.

He was trying to use a tout initially to book his appointment who he couldn't find till now. He was even forced to go and pay another visa fee as a result.

What can be done to correct this anomaly as he doesn't know the e-mail the tout created on his behalf to book the initial appointment?

Please help and treat as urgent.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 2:35pm On Oct 29, 2012
walexy: Hi good people,

My cousin is currently having a challenge booking an appointment. The system keeps saying his details had been used with a different e-mail address in the past, hence he wasn't allowed to move further in scheduling the appointment.

He was trying to use a tout initially to book his appointment who he couldn't find till now. He was even forced to go and pay another visa fee as a result.

What can be done to correct this anomaly as he doesn't know the e-mail the tout created on his behalf to book the initial appointment?

Please help and treat as urgent.

who should treat as urgent, your business partner, staff or who?

The system does not allow duplication of bio-data details, so your cousin should try and get in touch with the agent.
Send me a PM, lemme see if your case is redeemable.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by walexy(m): 4:22pm On Oct 29, 2012
FAST-LINK:

who should treat as urgent, your business partner, staff or who?

The system does not allow duplication of bio-data details, so your cousin should try and get in touch with the agent.
Send me a PM, lemme see if your case is redeemable.

I am sorry for that wrong choice of words. I said that considering the urgency it deserves. Gimme your e-mail addy please.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 4:29pm On Oct 29, 2012
walexy:

I am sorry for that wrong choice of words. I said that considering the urgency it deserves. Gimme your e-mail addy please.
no wahala, I have sent you a PM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by walexy(m): 5:59pm On Oct 29, 2012
@Fastlink

I can't access the PM you sent. I don't know why. Please send me a mail @ talk2walex4life "at" yahoo.com
Re: Usa Visit Visa by temi05: 10:16pm On Oct 29, 2012
Good evening All,
Myself and my husband had an interview last week at the US consulate in Lagos . The interview went on fine until the interviewer asked us how many kids do we have and how long have we been married. We have been married for over 10 years without an issue was our response , after which he asked if we are going to seek medical treatment and our response was No . We are going on vacation.

VO: Your VISA would be issued but it will undergo an administrative proceeding .

He gave us a preprinted letter where he marked for furhter administrative proceeding which might likely take 60 days within which time we are not to contact the consulate.

Can you advice on what our chances are. Thanks for everyone understanding
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 10:45am On Oct 30, 2012
temi05: Good evening All,
Myself and my husband had an interview last week at the US consulate in Lagos . The interview went on fine until the interviewer asked us how many kids do we have and how long have we been married. We have been married for over 10 years without an issue was our response , after which he asked if we are going to seek medical treatment and our response was No . We are going on vacation.

VO: Your VISA would be issued but it will undergo an administrative proceeding .

He gave us a preprinted letter where he marked for furhter administrative proceeding which might likely take 60 days within which time we are not to contact the consulate.

Can you advice on what our chances are. Thanks for everyone understanding
Just like you were told "Your VISA would be issued"
All you need is patience cool

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by jub009: 12:52pm On Oct 30, 2012
@ fast-link. was out of town for Sallah but came back yesterday. will keep u posted.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by 22much(m): 1:22pm On Oct 30, 2012
HELLO GUYS,

I WILL LIKE YUH GUYS TO PUT ME THRU ON THE US VISITATION,& DOCUMENTATIONS. AM PLANNING A VISIT TO THE STATE MAYBE BY DECEMBER OR JANUARY 2013, I'M A FRESH GRADUATE AND I HAD NO EXPERIENCE ABOUT TRAVELING TO THE STATE. SO GUYS WHERE AND WHERE SHOULD I GO FROM HERE I MEAN WHAT ARE MY STARTING STEPS? I GOT NO EMPLOYEE YET BUT I RUN A CASUAL BIZNESS MYSELF SO HOW DO I GO ABOUT THE BANK STATEMENT STUFF. AND WHAT CAN I CLAIM I DO FOR LEAVING HERE SO THESE ARE THE THINGS I REALLY NEED YUH TO PUT ME THRU ON PLS..

MUCH RESPECT..
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 1:47pm On Oct 30, 2012
22much: HELLO GUYS,

I WILL LIKE YUH GUYS TO PUT ME THRU ON THE US VISITATION,& DOCUMENTATIONS. AM PLANNING A VISIT TO THE STATE MAYBE BY DECEMBER OR JANUARY 2013, I'M A FRESH GRADUATE AND I HAD NO EXPERIENCE ABOUT TRAVELING TO THE STATE. SO GUYS WHERE AND WHERE SHOULD I GO FROM HERE I MEAN WHAT ARE MY STARTING STEPS? I GOT NO EMPLOYEE YET BUT I RUN A CASUAL BIZNESS MYSELF SO HOW DO I GO ABOUT THE BANK STATEMENT STUFF. AND WHAT CAN I CLAIM I DO FOR LEAVING HERE SO THESE ARE THE THINGS I REALLY NEED YUH TO PUT ME THRU ON PLS..

MUCH RESPECT..
Must you type in capital letter, that to me is reserved for people that shout too much.

Check out the below link for the details http://www.ustraveldocs.com/.

Bank statement should be yours or your sponsors', if you must use business account statement, you may have to show a proof that the business belongs to you or consent letter from the shareholders, if applicable.

You don't have to claim that you do what you don't do for a living, you can only package yourself very well.

regards!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 2:41pm On Oct 30, 2012
jub009: @ fast-link. was out of town for Sallah but came back yesterday. will keep u posted.
no wahala,
Take your time smiley
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Henries: 4:39pm On Oct 30, 2012
Dear NLers,i nid ur advice on steps 2 tk 2 gt US visa.my wife hs bn in us 4 4yrs n 9mnths nw based on visa lottery her dad won abt 13yrs ago,she left wen w were datin by cms home evry year bt w eventually got married here 2yrs ago she gave birth 2 our first child abt a year n sm mnths nw,she hs bn on vac nw wit me here since spt wit my daughter bt l b goin bk on sunday.she despirately wnt me 2 cm ova though she n her dad hs started fillin 4 me she tink d proces is taken tyme dt i cn do visitin wit all d document she gave me,she is a nurse by profession n am slf employed,pls i nid advice on hw 2 go abt it.tanx

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (323)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.