Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,301 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1062649 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by katolistic(m): 8:55pm On Dec 16, 2012
Please NL's is it possible to fill in a new DS-160 form evening after submitting one before?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sndrmrtns: 10:22pm On Dec 16, 2012
katolistic: Please NL's is it possible to fill in a new DS-160 form evening after submitting one before?
Very possible but make sure you update your new DS -form number in profile as well...Goodluck.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 4:30pm On Dec 17, 2012
katolistic: Please NL's is it possible to fill in a new DS-160 form evening after submitting one before?

yes
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 4:32pm On Dec 17, 2012
edun.o:
It was d white girl @ d 1st booth dat interviewd me. I feeld skinny white guy with glasses was mean oooo. I was jst ask 3/4 questions. Mayb its because I hav an immigrant visa pending I was denied, ill apply again nxt year
what were you told at the point of refusal? if it had anything to do with that, you would be told.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by eduno: 5:07pm On Dec 17, 2012
Its d normal denial story that she told me o. And she gave me 1 piece of paper.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phatrat: 7:27pm On Dec 17, 2012
Hello Guys Please i need your help on this.... I actually met this lady Like 3 years ago we have been talking everyday and regular contacts she is from the US and she is 52 Im 23 she intends coming to visit me and after that file for a fiancée visa for me , what are the procedures and do you think this will work because of the too much age difference thanks you all
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 7:40pm On Dec 17, 2012
phatrat: Hello Guys Please i need your help on this.... I actually met this lady Like 3 years ago we have been talking everyday and regular contacts she is from the US and she is 52 Im 23 she intends coming to visit me and after that file for a fiancée visa for me , what are the procedures and do you think this will work because of the too much age difference thanks you all

The age gap may cause a lot of problem for you and her, it will be seen as marriage for visa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 9:39am On Dec 18, 2012
edun.o:
Its d normal denial story that she told me o. And she gave me 1 piece of paper.
Then that has nothing to do with it, it could have but there's definitely more serious thing that resulted to the refusal.
Maybe, you were not well prepared or your presentation was poor. They are not spirits, they only act based on the information available to them, sometimes one's personality does it for him/her, hence some are not asked for any document at all.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by meine: 1:27pm On Dec 18, 2012
KK
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sndrmrtns: 4:30pm On Dec 18, 2012
meine: I had my interview at the USA embassy recently and it was approved. I have been denied the student Visa thrice 9 years ago. I Dont believe people should be desperate to travel however, i will give some tips on how to make your Visa Application fool proof. My interview is one of the liveliest anyone can imagine. I was given 2 years multiple and the VO did not check one single document to verify my claims. Here are few tips:

1. If you dont have a strong link to Nigeria,i wont advise you to apply yet wait for the right time. Links include a good job, being part of the exco of a reputable social or professional association like JCI,ICAN,NBA, family links etc.
2. Travelling to UK is not enough, the Americans know that getting a UK visa is easy. Visit at least one other reputable country e.g. Germany,France, Canada etc. before applying to US. They want to be sure you are a traveler with history.
3. Be very free and confident, rehearse the common questions but let your intended reply sound different from other people. There is no 100% correct answer to any question just be yourself. If you get nervous along the way slow down and start again.(I stuttered when i started my interview but i calmed down later)
4. Dress the part. If you are a student you dont need to show up in blazers and ties. If you manage a company dress responsibly,Not T shirts and denims.
5. Tell some little lies if it is necessary. Little lies wont hurt you as far as your case is strong. Nobody can have a perfect application so be prepared to defend your weak points if the VO should raise them. For example i was denied the US visa 3 times 9 years ago but on my form i claimed that i have never been denied. Back then there were no finger prints so i can defend that record. Secondly, I am a single guy and the VO asked about my marital status,cos i filled single in the form. I told her i had my introduction last month and that my wedding comes up in march. she was happy and congratulated me, i smiled at her and i promised to send her some IV. the confidence was really high on my part. Here is the interview summary.

ME: Gud afternoon
VO: Gud afternoon, can i have your passport
VO: why do you wanna travel to the USA
ME: I got an invitation letter from the US commercial services dept to attend so and so exhibition in Las Vegas.
VO: OK, SO What do you do
ME: I manage so and so company,we currently have few projects in bla bla bla. Secondly in may this year,i was elected as the bla bla of so and so professional body. (NOTE: that my answers were specific,a man was asked the same question and he said he is "Self employed". that's a vague answer in my view)
VO: OK,what do u call the name of the association where you were recently elected president? I told her and corrected her that i was elected treasurer not president, she was impressed.
VO: What were you doing in Canada in so and so year?
ME: i attended a similar exhibition in Ontario for 4 days, i checked Quebec for 3 days and got back into the country (I got the hint on the number of days from this thread)
VO: What about France
ME: I spent my 5 days vacation in Paris in 2010
VO: What about Dubai
ME: I am currently running my Online MBA with so and so school and i often travel to Dubai for my lectures

At this point she smiled and said "You have many reasons to come back", to which i replied " Yes have got a lot on my plate". The pretty girl didn't check any document, i was almost toasting her sef. Any genuine business traveler with the strong proofs i listed above can contact the US commercial services dept in V.I to know the available exhibitions they can attend. The US commercial service will charge you $200 dollars to invite you for exhibitions directly or through their travel agents. I guess their invitations also gave me some respect with the VO. Above all trust God for favors. Best of luck.

Congrat

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Usa Visit Visa by phatrat: 7:27pm On Dec 18, 2012
So it wont work you mean please advise thanks
justwise: [/b]

The age gap may cause a lot of problem for you and her, it will be seen as marriage for visa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sholastewart(m): 12:16am On Dec 19, 2012
NL Kindly respond is it helpful 4 me lie to d VO on number of countries have been inorder to enhance MY chance or will dey verify
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 10:49am On Dec 19, 2012
Anyone using a conference I will advice you to make sure
you pay for the conference and get the receipt before your
interview date.

Wish you all luck. Whose interview is coming up next?

Sheyi
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 12:24pm On Dec 19, 2012
sholastewart: NL Kindly respond is it helpful 4 me lie to d VO on number of countries have been inorder to enhance MY chance or will dey verify

If you lied about visiting a country, are you also going to fake the visa and immigration stamp of those countries? Well...you are walking towards a life ban by US embassy.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 12:25pm On Dec 19, 2012
phatrat: So it wont work you mean please advise thanks

I'm not going to say whether it will work or not but you have a fight in your hands.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shessyfavour: 1:18pm On Dec 20, 2012
Hello everybody,I have been a silent reader on this thread and i must commend the good work you are doing here.Well i had my interview yesterday at Abuja consulate it was 9am but i was interviewed at 11 am a white guy at window 9 and here is how it went.

VO....Good morning sir with a smile
Me....Good morning sir!

Vo....where are you going in the US sir?
Me... St Leo to attend the 4th international Business Conference which will be held Wednesday Feb 13 through Friday Feb 15 2013 at st leo University,Fl.

Vo...How did you come about this Conf sir?
Me...I attended a seminar at the University of Ibadan and the guest speaker was advising the attendee to try and attend conferences abroad if they can afford it and he mentioned a few he had attended so i noted it and did a lil research on net when i got home then registered and paid the conference fee then i got invited.

Vo...whats the conf all about sir?
Me.. its about issues and ideas relating to international business sir

Vo.. how would this benefit you?
Me.... Its going to benefit me because i am going to gain more exposure,ideas and opportunity to network with colleagues interested in variety of business field which will help me to expand my business and increase my profit margin which primary goal of every business man and perhaps after the conf i would be able to travel back and forth to the US on business trips.

Vo.. So you been to the UK sir, holiday or business?
Me..Yes twice last year first time holiday and second time Business

VO...so you own your own business and what kind of business?
Me..Yes i own my business and tried to show him business registration but didn't bother and i said i am a dealer in computers,electronics and electrical fittings and occasionally do car business which is one area i am looking forward to be well established

Vo so you attended Polytechnic sir?
Me..Yes sir i studied electrical engineering 20006

Vo...How much do you make every month?
Me....300,000 and above

Vo..so you are married?
Me..Yes

Vo kids?
Me..i am expecting a baby

Vo..what does your wife do?
Me..Shes a Nurse

Vo..How much does she earn monthly
Me..100K

Vo..Do you have any relation in the US sir?
ME.. No sir

Vo..Brought out a white paper put in between my passport and returned it along with my DS160 not sure if he made a mistake returning that because i was at the same embassy in Feb this year for student visa which was refused but my DS160 was withheld that time..I want Gurus in the house to please correct my mistakes before i reapply and i am considering of going to Lagos this time. Note, nothing changed in my application from the first application other than i am now married and going for business conference that will benefit my business. Thanks so much
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sndrmrtns: 2:41pm On Dec 20, 2012
shessyfavour: Hello everybody,I have been a silent reader on this thread and i must commend the good work you are doing here.Well i had my interview yesterday at Abuja consulate it was 9am but i was interviewed at 11 am a white guy at window 9 and here is how it went.

Me....Good morning sir!

Me... St Leo to attend the 4th international Business Conference which will be held Wednesday Feb 13 through Friday Feb 15 2013 at st leo University,Fl.

Me...I attended a seminar at the University of Ibadan and the guest speaker was advising the attendee to try and attend conferences abroad if they can afford it and he mentioned a few he had attended so i noted it and did a lil research on net when i got home then registered and paid the conference fee then i got invited.

Me.... Its going to benefit me because i am going to gain more exposure,ideas and opportunity to network with colleagues interested in variety of business field which will help me to expand my business and increase my profit margin which primary goal of every business man and perhaps after the conf i would be able to travel back and forth to the US on business trips.

Me..Yes i own my business and tried to show him business registration but didn't bother and i said i am a dealer in computers,electronics and electrical fittings and occasionally do car business which is one area i am looking forward to be well established

Me....300,000 and above

Vo..so you are married?
Me..Yes

Vo kids?

Me..Shes a Nurse

Me..100K

ME.. No sir

Vo..Brought out a white paper put in between my passport and returned it along with my DS160 not sure if he made a mistake returning that because i was at the same embassy in Feb this year for student visa which was refused but my DS160 was withheld that time..I want Gurus in the house to please correct my mistakes before i reapply and i am considering of going to Lagos this time. Note, nothing changed in my application from the first application other than i am now married and going for business conference that will benefit my business. Thanks so much

Improve your education and your travel history because you can see that VO asked that from you because you applied for student in feb and now conf. business i would have advise you go back with student than Conf.business and now you cannot go back to school visa agaain becos it will show desperation than to improve your education and travel history and go for conf. business. Good luck.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 4:13pm On Dec 20, 2012
shessyfavour: Hello everybody,I have been a silent reader on this thread and i must commend the good work you are doing here.Well i had my interview yesterday at Abuja consulate it was 9am but i was interviewed at 11 am a white guy at window 9 and here is how it went.

Me....Good morning sir!

Me....300,000 and above

Vo..so you are married?
Me..Yes

Vo kids?

Me..Shes a Nurse

Me..100K

ME.. No sir

You presented your kinda business as anything goes, direction yet to be established and wouldn't mind staying back in the USA should anything better come your way.

in the issue of your DS160 paper, your information is already in their database and withholding the paper makes no difference for them.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shessyfavour: 4:21pm On Dec 20, 2012
@Fast Link, how do i present it then? Thank you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 8:57pm On Dec 20, 2012
shessyfavour: @Fast Link, how do i present it then? Thank you.
You've gone for the interview already, so you can't change much as per your business and what you make in a month.
As a business owner, the amount you make monthly can't be the same and I know there's possibility of making up to 1M or something close and even less than 300K, some people also add whatever profit they make to the business to expand it hence bank statement shouldn't be used to judge them.

Like I said, any alteration now may portray you in a bad way, however, you can still make amend but MUST be in line with your earlier submission.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shessyfavour: 9:17pm On Dec 20, 2012
@FastLink, I am not changing anything i am considering of reapplying immediately this time may be going to Lagos the conference will be held Feb 13 next year i believe i can still get a date in Jan or what do you think how do i present my case this time because i believe i had a good one yesterday and almost got it but didn't know the specific reason he denied me and i asked him if i can reapply and he said yes i can. What do you suggest? Thank you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 9:14am On Dec 21, 2012
shessyfavour: @FastLink, I am not changing anything i am considering of reapplying immediately this time may be going to Lagos the conference will be held Feb 13 next year i believe i can still get a date in Jan or what do you think how do i present my case this time because i believe i had a good one yesterday and almost got it but didn't know the specific reason he denied me and i asked him if i can reapply and he said yes i can. What do you suggest? Thank you
yes, you can reapply at anything, it's sure to their own advantage as it means more money in their account.
Just take a clue from my yesterday's post/above post and that is all I can tell you for now.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by shessyfavour: 8:53pm On Dec 21, 2012
@FAST-LINK is there any of my response to the VO's questions that needs to be polished and you mentioned i presented my business as anything goes how do you think i should present it please?. Thanks a lot
Re: Usa Visit Visa by mojisolani: 11:27pm On Dec 24, 2012
Pls I need someone to explain the likely questions they may ask for someone that is going for conference and u have not travel before. Pls am so afraid
Re: Usa Visit Visa by meine: 11:52pm On Dec 24, 2012
shessyfavour: @FastLink, I am not changing anything i am considering of reapplying immediately this time may be going to Lagos the conference will be held Feb 13 next year i believe i can still get a date in Jan or what do you think how do i present my case this time because i believe i had a good one yesterday and almost got it but didn't know the specific reason he denied me and i asked him if i can reapply and he said yes i can. What do you suggest? Thank you
. Hi, I won't advise you to re apply soon, I read thru your answers and they sounded vague. You already applied for a student visa recently,if you don't leave enough gap and you show up the third time they are going to likely deny you. My advise is that wait for your buz and travel history to considerably improve before reapplying. Also a conference on int'l buz is vague, a conference on a specific product or service of your company would have been better. Don't gift them more money,coming to lagos won't change anything. But if you are the spiritual type you can give it a try cos with God nothing is impossible.Merry Xmas.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 10:37am On Dec 25, 2012
mojisolani: Pls I need someone to explain the likely questions they may ask for someone that is going for conference and u have not travel before. Pls am so afraid

Just be urself and be cool.

1st time or not, it doesn't matter.

Sheyi
Re: Usa Visit Visa by funmikosoko: 10:56pm On Dec 26, 2012
I av bn looking forward to an opportunity like dis. Pls kindly advise me on how 2go abt it. I got married dis year Nov,my husband is a Nigerian-British,n by April I'll b processing my settlement visa. Tho I av 2years Uk visa already. Myself n my husband wish 2visit America towards d end of 2013. My questions now are:
1)Where do I apply from?
2)When's d best time 2start d application if we'll b travling around Oct?
3)Since I'll b relocating after I get my settlement visa,whc statement of acct do u think I'll need? I.e UK's or Nig's. As I av already resigned 4rm my work place? Thank you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Goshen360(m): 12:18am On Dec 27, 2012
funmikosoko: I av bn looking forward to an opportunity like dis. Pls kindly advise me on how 2go abt it. I got married dis year Nov,my husband is a Nigerian-British,n by April I'll b processing my settlement visa. Tho I av 2years Uk visa already. Myself n my husband wish 2visit America towards d end of 2013. My questions now are:
1)Where do I apply from?

I think it is okay to apply from the U.K with your husband.

funmikosoko:
2)When's d best time 2start d application if we'll b travling around Oct?

You can apply anytime but preferably 2-3 month to your intended visit to the USA to allow preparation.

funmikosoko:
3)Since I'll b relocating after I get my settlement visa,whc statement of acct do u think I'll need? I.e UK's or Nig's. As I av already resigned 4rm my work place? Thank you

If you get your settlement visa, best to apply from the UK and if not yet, since you still have a valid 2years UK visa, then apply still with your husband, let him apply and you as his spouse.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Goshen360(m): 12:22am On Dec 27, 2012
@ shessyfavour,

I perceive you are already under "microscope"....lolz. You appeared as student and later same year for business conference. They have your information in the system. My advice is, do not say anything contrary to what you have said in both previous application. Also, you may prepare to answer kweshion(s) on your previous denial(s).
Re: Usa Visit Visa by whymyheart: 2:27pm On Dec 27, 2012
i need help i work with cylinder manufacturing company in Ibadan i had took permission from my company to go for 5 days short training in USA and i had paid for the training i need advice what type of visa category i will fall when am paying for my visa fees at GTB bank and i will like to know likely questions the consular may ask from me during my interview and i will like to know if i need to pay for SEVI CHARGES
Re: Usa Visit Visa by vanagon: 4:46pm On Dec 27, 2012
hi N!L,season greetings,been a follower of d travel section for a while.pls can d Guru's in d hse,help me out,was refuse a us visa last april for conference,VO in abuja say's nt convinced,shld try oder time,i left it @ dat. nw want to go on vacation stil wt d same details bt nw @ d lagos consulate already got a date for jan 2013.lukin to visit NYC.being a 2nd time applicant,wat kind of question shld i xpect,av been to d uk b/4 on visit.married wt kid.wat chance do i av.tanx

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (323)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.