Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060630 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Vipskinju: 7:03pm On Aug 19, 2015
Dear sir,
My wife had a US visa rejection in her Unmarried state because of Illegal Pitition filing in 2002, now after marriage we are planning for US visitor visa. Is there any impact of that rejection in current US visitor Visa? Kindly reply sir Because we are in dillema.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by simababe(f): 7:08pm On Aug 19, 2015
Abeg come to my rescue ooo. Was going tru my documents only to find out that I skipped an alphabet in my baby's name on his MRV fee payment but it is correct on his DS-160 form and on his gtb receipt. Pls how can I correct this and still maintain d same appointment date.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by spykid014(f): 7:20pm On Aug 19, 2015
I have a question guys...

During my interview, I stated that I will be staying in the US for 9 days, if I decide to change it to 12 days when buying my ticket, please will I have an issue with the CBP guys at POE?

Cc LagosNIV LadyGuinivere
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 19, 2015
NanaF:

LagosNIV, Thanks for this. Just to clarify, can the 'permanent stain' cause a ban?

It depends on how far the lie is taken, but usually not. You will just have to overcome the doubt in the VOs mind when they are reading about your previous stories that you used to try to get a visa. If you make it past the VO and get to the border, you can get turned around at the POE and that can incur a ban.

In the most severe cases, you can get disqualified under section 6(c)(1) because of the nature of the false information that you've provided - and that carries a lifetime ban.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Goddey1975: 7:43pm On Aug 19, 2015
Vipskinju:
Dear sir,
My wife had a US visa rejection in her Unmarried state because of Illegal Pitition filing in 2002, now after marriage we are planning for US visitor visa. Is there any impact of that rejection in current US visitor Visa? Kindly reply sir Because we are in dillema.
@vipskinpu,kindly b inform dat ur last refusal wil not affect ur present application once u can keep d information in d ds160 constant,then mak sure ur social economic status hav change since ur last denial b4 u reapply wit ur wife,then tell me ur dillema,peace
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 19, 2015
Vipskinju:
Dear sir,

I really don't have enough information to answer this question... Was she made ineligible by filing a petition illegally? The 'illegal' part is going to be key here.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by omoakinn: 8:52pm On Aug 19, 2015
Good evening everyone. Please my uncle wanted to invite me for a visit and he wanted to send me invitation letter thru is friend that is coming home .pls I want to ask is there anything that I will send to embassy? Thanks and any oher things
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 9:14pm On Aug 19, 2015
simababe:
Abeg come to my rescue ooo. Was going tru my documents only to find out that I skipped an alphabet in my baby's name on his MRV fee payment but it is correct on his DS-160 form and on his gtb receipt. Pls how can I correct this and still maintain d same appointment date.
Hmm orisirishi issues. Thids one na u go solve am then teach us. Try going back to GTB for another printut ( I doubt this will work or winnd carry it like that. I serzly doubt anybody will notice or just email the embassy to ask
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 9:16pm On Aug 19, 2015
omoakinn:
Good evening everyone. Please my uncle wanted to invite me for a visit and he wanted to send me invitation letter thru is friend that is coming home .pls I want to ask is there anything that I will send to embassy? Thanks and any oher things
Nothing to send
For documents needed, anything to support what u filled. The list is not exhausticve and most times ur docx are not checked.
Read back on the thread thou
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 19, 2015
LadyGuinivere pos

=37133092:

Nothing to send
For documents needed, anything to support what u filled. The list is not exhausticve and most times ur docx are not checked.
Read back on the thread thou

Lady G and the house, I don come back to Nija oooo, I hail una,
Re: Usa Visit Visa by simababe(f): 9:42pm On Aug 19, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Hmm orisirishi issues. Thids one na u go solve am then teach us. Try going back to GTB for another printut ( I doubt this will work or winnd carry it like that. I serzly doubt anybody will notice or just email the embassy to ask

The name on my GTB receipt is correct but an alphabeth is missing on my MRV page. Will call the embassy tomoro. Tnks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bigfido: 11:52pm On Aug 19, 2015
It doesn't matter, i made the same mistake too while i filled my daughter's form. in fact i misspelled her name on her ds-160 form..lmao! i didn't notice until i saw the print out. it didn't matter at the end of the day. visa usually is printed with the passport i guess cos the error was not on her visa. good luck

simababe:

The name on my GTB receipt is correct but an alphabeth is missing on my MRV page. Will call the embassy tomoro. Tnks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 12:02am On Aug 20, 2015
@hodusglobal

I pray thee , maintain peace with all men, and teach by example. This thread is a place where we all come to relax after a hard day's work and not a coliseum. God bless

@Worry u haff too worry today o! Haba mana cheesy What's the point in kicking a dog already down? Young man made a mistake, paid and is still paying for it. I'm certain he knows he goofed (cos he has a brain) so I humble suggest as u have made your point (agents are thieves, don't misrepresent) leave him to his devices. The US embassy is able and capable to detect inconsistencies.

@Valley u don chop agidi jollof calm ya borry? grin

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Alubosa: 6:01am On Aug 20, 2015
I see no justification for deleting @hodusglobal's post. i think the moderator is being biased. Why wasn't the worry359 guy posts hidden too? Esp. where he went to say mention someone's mama's skirt!!! That was absolutely uncalled for! The dude must be a failure and i hope he doesn't take that as a strong word either.

@ valley of peace i doff my hat @ ur maturity

5 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 6:25am On Aug 20, 2015
Alubosa:
I see no justification for deleting @hodusglobal's post. i think the moderator is being biased. Why wasn't the worry359 guy posts hidden too? Esp. where he went to say mention someone's mama's skirt!!! That was absolutely uncalled for! The dude must be a failure and i hope he doesn't take that as a strong word either.

He used certain words expressely forbidden by NL . See? U made your point without using swear and curse words. Thou he was speaking to worry other people had to read it and some words pained the eye of this lady. Note: I am not siding with anyborry
Btw 'hiding under your mama's skirt' is a phrase to denote childishness or puerile behavior and not a profanity. .
Re: Usa Visit Visa by simababe(f): 7:00am On Aug 20, 2015
bigfido:
It doesn't matter, i made the same mistake too while i filled my daughter's form. in fact i misspelled her name on her ds-160 form..lmao! i didn't notice until i saw the print out. it didn't matter at the end of the day. visa usually is printed with the passport i guess cos the error was not on her visa. good luck

Thanks bigfido. God bless you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 20, 2015
Thanks LadyG.
You've been on point. Wey chloe na?
#Prof. FredoRicko
Re: Usa Visit Visa by vallyofpeace: 8:43am On Aug 20, 2015
Alubosa:

Good morning. Thanks a lot. I've outgrown people who can't make their voice heard without shouting or use words that they wouldn't like to be used upon.

Have a nice day. Am enjoying my leave already in united Lagos state.

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by vallyofpeace: 8:53am On Aug 20, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

He used certain words expressely forbidden by NL . See? U made your point without using swear and curse words. Thou he was speaking to worry other people had to read it and some words pained the eye of this lady. Note: I am not siding with anyborry
Btw 'hiding under your mama's skirt' is a phrase to denote childishness or puerile behavior and not a profanity. .

At ladyG with much respect as a lady or woman i know you wouldn't like someone talk to you in this manner (mama's skirt).

I over cherish that one in a million woman (mom) who through her i came to the world without having to pay for Ds 160 and read from people who can only use strong words to make a point that is 50/50. The Vo at the embassy am sure wouldn't use.

Meanwhile am back to United Lagos State to enjoy my leave as plan B. Kindly recommend other ways of enjoying Agidi and Jollof rice.

Because i fit pay another 31200 for permanent visa to Agidi Continent.

Have a nice day.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 9:41am On Aug 20, 2015
vallyofpeace:

At ladyG with much respect as a lady or woman i know you wouldn't like someone talk to you in this manner (mama's skirt).

I over cherish that one in a million woman (mom) who through her i came to the world without having to pay for Ds 160 and read from people who can only use strong words to make a point that is 50/50. The Vo at the embassy am sure wouldn't use.

Meanwhile am back to United Lagos State to enjoy my leave as plan B. Kindly recommend other ways of enjoying Agidi and Jollof rice.

Have a nice day.
Nwanne u na my guy. Worry na my guy. I don't support foul or insulting language. To clarify what I said, the phrase does not insult your esteemed mom. The barb was targeted at u as being childish (which was uncalled for) but not a barb at your mom.
I don talk finish on top this matter.

Allen nnoooooo! Our puff puff nko?

Prof! Ow u de? Long tym. Chloe de hibernation . Lol

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by homeboy2015: 10:09am On Aug 20, 2015
LadyG (5*****), Lagos-NIV, I still dey wait oo.

I'm about starting my Application process, (1)Can i choose the Common-Law as Marital status.(2) How do i specify in the ds-160 that i school and work? I apprc8.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by spykid014(f): 12:01pm On Aug 20, 2015
LadyGuinivere , you no see the question when I ask you abi? angry

Biko, zaa ajuju if you know the answer abeg. Daluu!

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Teeboy22(m): 12:05pm On Aug 20, 2015
vallyofpeace:

Have a nice day.
grin like seriously.. grin

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 1:24pm On Aug 20, 2015
spykid014:
I have a question guys...

During my interview, I stated that I will be staying in the US for 9 days, if I decide to change it to 12 days when buying my ticket, please will I have an issue with the CBP guys at POE?

Cc LagosNIV LadyGuinivere
Adanne sowwie
9 days vs 12 days isn't a biggie. That is not prima facie evidence of not planning to return.
I always fill 2 weeks but usually stay 3.
Hope u feel better? And cbp rarely look at tickets except they look into your eye and see ojoro written there. Lol
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 1:31pm On Aug 20, 2015
homeboy2015:
LadyG (5*****), Lagos-NIV, I still dey wait oo.

I'm about starting my Application process, (1)Can i choose the Common-Law as Marital status.(2) How do i specify in the ds-160 that i school and work? I apprc8.
With all due respect some questions are unneccessary.
You are told to answer all questions truthfully and honestly.
Are u in a commonage relationship? That is a fact exclusively within ur knowledge so u put in what the truth is.
Work- u fill in your work experience. Education you fill in your details to date and state what u do during the interview
Re: Usa Visit Visa by maddock(m): 3:06pm On Aug 20, 2015
Justwise,Lagos NIV, Lady G and other person I beg o make una enlighten me o.

Hello Good people of the house,intend applying for US visa. In starting the process do I create a new profile or ask for details of the former profile because this is not my first time of applying. The previous application was a group thing and someone else created the profile and added us as co-applicant Thanks for responses.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by spykid014(f): 3:33pm On Aug 20, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Adanne sowwie
9 days vs 12 days isn't a biggie. That is not prima facie evidence of not planning to return.
Hope u feel better? And cbp rarely look at tickets except they look into your eye and see ojoro written there. Lol

Lol. Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 20, 2015
There's a lot of good information being shared here on Nairaland, and I try to add a VO's perspective when I get the chance, but if you are looking for a quicker response time you can join our Google Hangout on August 28th at 12 noon. Three American Visa Officers and Oluwaseun P of 99.3 NigeriaInfo FM will be responding to your visa related questions live: https://plus.google.com/events/c21kfgf7raio6u0539vn0d8i10o #AsktheVOs

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ivanko: 8:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
Please ooo make ona help me please, I posted a question no one answered it, Biko Answer dis one plzzzz.."...............
Ok the last time I traveled to America was on J1 student exchanged visa (work and travel) I got the visa from Malaysia after my graduation ) but later changed it to F1 after 3monthsand it was successful but I left immediately afterward due to UNCALCULATED ADVERSE CIRCUMSTANCES, I WAS PROMPTED TO HEAD BACK TO Nigeria. I never stayed out of status (over stayed) I was just trying to save cost and d stress of coming back home and going Tru d crazy process again for masters..... Now the issue is I'm planning to go for vacation (b2visa) but I don't know what to fill in the ds160 form, the space that stated "EXPLAIN if u have ever filed for any form of PETITION' I don't know if what I did then was petition for change of status or just normal stuff, I don't understand please can someone help me out plzzz, should I just explain why I changed my visa category while in d states or I should avoid d question, but what if d VO brings it up... Chai i confuse die..... help ooooooooo
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 20, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Adanne sowwie
Hope u feel better? And cbp Abj tops add look at tickets except they look into your eye and see ojoro written there. Lol
Barrister Guinevere
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 20, 2015
Ivanko:
Please ooo make ona help me please, I posted a question no one answered it, Biko Answer dis one plzzzz.."...............
Ok the last time I traveled to America was on J1 student exchanged visa (work and travel) I got the visa from Malaysia after my graduation ) but later changed it to F1 after 3monthsand it was successful but I left immediately afterward due to UNCALCULATED ADVERSE CIRCUMSTANCES, I WAS PROMPTED TO HEAD BACK TO Nigeria. I never stayed out of status (over stayed) I was just trying to save cost and d stress of coming back home and going Tru d crazy process again for masters..... Now the issue is I'm planning to go for vacation (b2visa) but I don't know what to fill in the ds160 form, the space that stated "EXPLAIN if u have ever filed for any form of PETITION' I don't know if what I did then was petition for change of status or just normal stuff, I don't understand please can someone help me out plzzz, should I just explain why I changed my visa category while in d states or I should avoid d question, but what if d VO brings it up... Chai i confuse die..... help ooooooooo

Just explain it. If the VO wants to know more they will ask. If they don't care, they won't ask.

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.