Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060313 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by na2(f): 10:37am On Mar 12, 2013
Hello house. i applied 4 my american visa and my interview is on 27th, but only to print out my data page and found out that I mistakenly spelt my native name- skiped S - oshorenoyah (ohorenoyah ).please, I want to know if this has a negative impact and what are my chances, can it be change without them being suspicious ?
Thanx
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phemobay: 1:51pm On Mar 12, 2013
please helpe me with how to book appointment, av paid and av bn trying to scheldule appointment but av bn having issue. below is d level i am in d process... am unable to progress... kindly help me asap...
tanks and God bless.....

Please enter valid CEAC Barcodes
All applicants scheduling an appointment must have entered their correct CEAC barcode. The applicants listed below have entered CEAC barcodes that do not match the personal information entered in this system. Please edit your records below to ensure that the names entered match the data in the CEAC form.
Your update is being processed, please wait 30 seconds and press the continue button. If the data entered below matches the data in your CEAC form, you will be allowed to schedule an appointment.
name........ DS-160 Confirmation Number: * ..........
Re: Usa Visit Visa by aniffy4eva(m): 3:54pm On Mar 12, 2013
na2: Hello house. i applied 4 my american visa and my interview is on 27th, but only to print out my data page and found out that I mistakenly spelt my native name- skiped S - oshorenoyah (ohorenoyah ).please, I want to know if this has a negative impact and what are my chances, can it be change without them being suspicious ?
Thanx
Where did you make this mistake? On your DS-160 form? If that's the case, you'll need to fill a new DS-160 form. Please i would advise you not to go to the embassy with a passport that bears a different name when compared to your confirmation page. And in this case: oshorenoyah is different from ohorenoyah.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phatrat: 5:35am On Mar 13, 2013
Gbenge 77: @phatrat,To be honest,your chances of getting a visa are very slim.Should i expantiate?
@ Gbenga please expantiate thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 6:09am On Mar 13, 2013
phatrat:
@ Gbenga please expantiate thanks
I do not intend to discourage you here,but I ve gotta be brutally frank with you.The fact that you intend to visit a random lady ,whom you have never met before will appear implausible to the Consular Officer.That does not appear as a compelling reason to visit the US.In fact,is gonna be extremely difficult to prove your non immigrant intentions to the CO,considering your situation.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by phemobay: 6:48pm On Mar 13, 2013
please no one has try to respond to my issue since, so am posting it again please and please

please helpe me with how to book
appointment, av paid and av bn trying to
scheldule appointment but av bn having
issue. below is d level i am in d process...
am unable to progress... kindly help me
asap...
tanks and God bless.....
All applicants scheduling an appointment
must have entered their correct CEAC
barcode. The applicants listed below
have entered CEAC barcodes that do not
match the personal information entered
in this system. Please edit your records
below to ensure that the names entered
match the data in the CEAC form.
Your update is being processed, please
wait 30 seconds and press the continue
button. If the data entered below
matches the data in your CEAC form, you
will be allowed to schedule an
appointment.
name........ DS-160 Confirmation Number:
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sndrmrtns: 7:17pm On Mar 13, 2013
phemobay: please no one has try to respond to my issue since, so am posting it again please and please

please helpe me with how to book
appointment, av paid and av bn trying to
scheldule appointment but av bn having
issue. below is d level i am in d process...
am unable to progress... kindly help me
asap...
tanks and God bless.....
All applicants scheduling an appointment
must have entered their correct CEAC
barcode. The applicants listed below
have entered CEAC barcodes that do not
match the personal information entered
in this system. Please edit your records
below to ensure that the names entered
match the data in the CEAC form.
Your update is being processed, please
wait 30 seconds and press the continue
button. If the data entered below
matches the data in your CEAC form, you
will be allowed to schedule an
appointment.
name........ DS-160 Confirmation Number:

fill new DS form ( https://ceac.state.gov/GENNIV ) and enter it into your appointment profile for update ( http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng ) and save
Re: Usa Visit Visa by israel007: 1:29pm On Mar 14, 2013
Took me a long time to finally post this but glad i have the courage to do so now. here is my story:

back in 2006, a friend of mine, who was down with Cancer (white guy) invited me to visit in WV. i was naive and all. i filled the form with the help of one man and took the invitation letter to the embassy in Lagos. on getting there, i was standing before the VO and she asked my name, i told her, she looked at my form and incidentally, the space for occupation was no filled. i was a student. she asked me if i was a student i said yes and she asked why i didn't fill that info. i said sorry. at this point she was furiously typing in the system and when she was done, she stamped my passport and said sorry you don't qualify. passed me a document and said it would explain to me why i was denied. and that was it.

i have not applied since then. i got a visa to go to brunei back in 2010 but didn't go because my boss was out of work and i had to cover for him and my visa expired.

2011, i lost my passport, though i still have the soft copies (old passport and the E-passport)and my visa for Brunei.

Now i want to reapply but i can't remember what information the guy filled in the former form. i am thinking of sending a letter ahead to explain the situation to them before i reapply. don't know what to expect. i got a new passport in december, i work in oil and gas sector (work directly with Oando though i am not a direct employee of Oando). i head a dept and pay is good.

what do you think i should do please.

FYI: NO TRAVEL HISTORY, I HAVE A DAUGHTER, NOT MARRIED BECAUSE I LOST THE LADY DURING CHILD BIRTH OF MY BABY.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 1:39pm On Mar 14, 2013
israel007: Took me a long time to finally post this but glad i have the courage to do so now. here is my story:

back in 2006, a friend of mine, who was down with Cancer (white guy) invited me to visit in WV. i was naive and all. i filled the form with the help of one man and took the invitation letter to the embassy in Lagos. on getting there, i was standing before the VO and she asked my name, i told her, she looked at my form and incidentally, the space for occupation was no filled. i was a student. she asked me if i was a student i said yes and she asked why i didn't fill that info. i said sorry. at this point she was furiously typing in the system and when she was done, she stamped my passport and said sorry you don't qualify. passed me a document and said it would explain to me why i was denied. and that was it.

i have not applied since then. i got a visa to go to brunei back in 2010 but didn't go because my boss was out of work and i had to cover for him and my visa expired.

2011, i lost my passport, though i still have the soft copies (old passport and the E-passport)and my visa for Brunei.

Now i want to reapply but i can't remember what information the guy filled in the former form. i am thinking of sending a letter ahead to explain the situation to them before i reapply. don't know what to expect. i got a new passport in december, i work in oil and gas sector (work directly with Oando though i am not a direct employee of Oando). i head a dept and pay is good.

what do you think i should do please.

FYI: NO TRAVEL HISTORY, I HAVE A DAUGHTER, NOT MARRIED BECAUSE I LOST THE LADY DURING CHILD BIRTH OF MY BABY.

Why do you keep posting this over and over again? I have seen this more than 4times now, why?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 14, 2013
justwise:

Why do you keep posting this over and over again? I have seen this more than 4times now, why?

4? I've seen up to 8 oh. They are answering him, he is acknowledging and keeps re-posting. May be he's sick.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lankywizar(m): 6:29pm On Mar 14, 2013
My Background:

Age 30
Monthly income: 250k + bonuses

Salary account balance: about 1.2mill

Travel history: dubai+ UK severally within the past 3 yrs

Marital status: single but about getting married.

Purpose of travel: honey moon

Fiancee's background
Income: about 210k monthly

Salary acc bal: about 1 million

Travel history: Nil

We intend to get married in may and I intend to pick a date for the interview a little after d wedding.

What are our chances?

I also own a furniture manufacturing business with an impressive turnover, would it be wise to talk about it. The company is a limited liability with an impressive income.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ighojohn: 6:44pm On Mar 14, 2013
sndrmrtns:

what is your travel history?

I HAVE JUST BEEN REFUSE THE VISA, AND KNOWING THE REASON WHY I WAS REFUSED AM THINKING OF REAPPLY AGAIN IN A DAY OR 2DAYS TIME , IS IT WISE. PLS ADVICE

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by ighojohn: 6:46pm On Mar 14, 2013
edun.o:
@ighojohn: don't tell dem you want to stay 3months. Say u'll stay 5days cos u don't want to leave your family for so long. U could take ur marriage cert and a pic. Emphasize d fact that u have a child in nigeria. U shld be fine. D v/o might nt even check any doc.

I HAVE JUST BEEN REFUSE THE VISA, AND KNOWING THE REASON WHY I WAS REFUSED AM THINKING OF REAPPLY AGAIN IN A DAY OR 2DAYS TIME , IS IT WISE. NO DOCUMENTS WAS CHECK PLS ADVICE
Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry359(m): 7:05pm On Mar 14, 2013
ighojohn:
Now you must calm down!
You have been refused and now have black mark!!!!!!!!
Be VERY sure that you are meeting requirements or you will just be throwing money into drain.
If you are too desparate then this alone can be refusal.

Calm down!
Also do not post all in CAPITALS! It looks like shouting.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 8:43pm On Mar 14, 2013
ighojohn:

I HAVE JUST BEEN REFUSE THE VISA, AND KNOWING THE REASON WHY I WAS REFUSED AM THINKING OF REAPPLY AGAIN IN A DAY OR 2DAYS TIME , IS IT WISE. NO DOCUMENTS WAS CHECK PLS ADVICE
We do know that visas are refused under section 214B,221G and 212A,with 214B,failure to overcome an intending immigrant presumption,the most common.Do not re apply until your situation changes,or if you have new information which was not presented to the Consular officer at the interview.The problem is,how do you convince the CO that you will return to your country at the end of your visit?Are you married?Do you have a good job with a good income?You gotta sort out some things before re applying
Re: Usa Visit Visa by KEMER(f): 10:38pm On Mar 14, 2013
Gbenge 77: Oh,sorry I didnt see you original post.You would need to take along your statement of accounts and all documents that will prove that you are able to sponsor our trip.Generally,you would need to have upwards of 750,000 or even a million to show that you are able to finance your trip.Also,you might take any property docs along.All these could help you prove you are not an intending immigrant.Nonetheless,while docs are important,Consular officers do not place a priority on them.They are usually pressed for time and seldom check documents.In addition,I must say that being single is a negative,but does not necessarily hinder you from getting a visa.The married could be denied,and the single granted .Crux of the matter,go with all financial docs you can just in case,provide brief answers to the questions asked,but explain if you are asked to,and most importantly: DO NOT APPEAR DESPERATE FOR A VISA.THATS ACTUALLY THE REASON FOR THE INTERVIEW.Prove that you dont intend to elope and even if they dont grant you a visa,you will be just fine.Thats the kinda attitude the co wanna see.With such an attitude,consider the visa yours.Best wishes:does this suffice?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by KEMER(f): 10:39pm On Mar 14, 2013
Gbenge 77: Oh,sorry I didnt see you original post.You would need to take along your statement of accounts and all documents that will prove that you are able to sponsor our trip.Generally,you would need to have upwards of 750,000 or even a million to show that you are able to finance your trip.Also,you might take any property docs along.All these could help you prove you are not an intending immigrant.Nonetheless,while docs are important,Consular officers do not place a priority on them.They are usually pressed for time and seldom check documents.In addition,I must say that being single is a negative,but does not necessarily hinder you from getting a visa.The married could be denied,and the single granted .Crux of the matter,go with all financial docs you can just in case,provide brief answers to the questions asked,but explain if you are asked to,and most importantly: DO NOT APPEAR DESPERATE FOR A VISA.THATS ACTUALLY THE REASON FOR THE INTERVIEW.Prove that you dont intend to elope and even if they dont grant you a visa,you will be just fine.Thats the kinda attitude the co wanna see.With such an attitude,consider the visa yours.Best wishes:does this suffice?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by vozkini(m): 11:06pm On Mar 14, 2013
Hi justwise, gbenga 77,sndrmrtns etc.
What's the chances of someone seeking usa visit visa,
Married with two kids,
Self employed,
Travelled to turkey and dubai plus african countries.
Had upto 4m in account.
Would invitation letter better than conference. Or hotel reservation in this case?
Please advice thanks and God bless.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Waleabimbola(m): 11:11pm On Mar 14, 2013
vozkini: Hi justwise, gbenga 77,sndrmrtns etc.
Married with two kids,
Self employed,
Had upto 4m in account.
Would invitation letter better than conference. Or hotel reservation in this case?

I think conference will be the best for you ..paid conference if possible
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sndrmrtns: 11:24pm On Mar 14, 2013
vozkini: Hi justwise, gbenga 77,sndrmrtns etc.
Married with two kids,
Self employed,
Had upto 4m in account.
conference and use conference hotel booking .

Good luck.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by nddchowfar: 1:58am On Mar 15, 2013
fellow expert nairalanders, please advise..

I am planning on registering for a conference in my field of concentration. I have chosen a state where my sister lives so I can stay with her when I am there for the conference? will this pose as a problem?

I want to pay for the conference, and since it will be happening in the same state where my sister resides - can I say I will stay with her, or even visit her after the conference if I end up booking a hotel?

Please pour in your advices
Re: Usa Visit Visa by nddchowfar: 2:00am On Mar 15, 2013
and is a 2-day seminar too short? I plan to stay 9 days to do some shopping after the seminar
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phatrat: 5:01am On Mar 15, 2013
wale do you have any idea about getting a romania visa i would like to go for a conference there thanks
Waleabimbola:

I think conference will be the best for you ..paid conference if possible
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phatrat: 5:24am On Mar 15, 2013
do you any idea of what i need to be guaranteed a visa since im a student
phatrat: wale do you have any idea about getting a romania visa i would like to go for a conference there thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lankywizar(m): 5:41am On Mar 15, 2013
Just wise and d gurus in the house, make una still comment on my post,my second message on dis and not one single comment. smiley

lankywizar: My Background:

Age 30

Fiancee's background

We intend to get married in may and I intend to pick a date for the interview a little after d wedding.

What are our chances?

I also own a furniture manufacturing business with an impressive turnover, would it be wise to talk about it. The company is a limited liability with an impressive income.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sndrmrtns: 6:13am On Mar 15, 2013
nddchowfar: and is a 2-day seminar too short? I plan to stay 9 days to do some shopping after the seminar

Good to use
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sndrmrtns: 6:14am On Mar 15, 2013
lankywizar: Just wise and d gurus in the house, make una still comment on my post,my second message on dis and not one single comment. smiley

But you have not travel with your wife before ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sndrmrtns: 6:17am On Mar 15, 2013
lankywizar: My Background:

Age 30

Fiancee's background

What are our chances?

Good chance is when you re married and travel together before then you can have good chance of getting the Visa but give shot of it because Visa is by favor.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lankywizar(m): 6:56am On Mar 15, 2013
The purpose of travel is for our honeymoon.

sndrmrtns:

Good chance is when you re married and travel together before then you can have good chance of getting the Visa but give shot of it because Visa is by favor.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bluebarz(m): 9:53am On Mar 15, 2013
I need a real candid advice cos a whole lot about this visit visa issue seems confusing a bit to me. First am a newbie still trying to get more knowledge in this. I was recently signed up with an upcoming record label in Kentucky USA, not as an artiste but as a promoter / street member in Nigeria, my cousin (white guy) is the star artiste in the label, recently we got into talks and they want me to come over to the states, my cousin is ready to provide an invitation letter and all the accommodation details I'll need for the embassy but the real deal is I aint going for just a visit, I am going over to be stay, I thought about the label getting me a H1B visa but they are still in the registration process with the US government. Please I want to know if its advisable to use the Visit visa for entry first as I intend to work in the states upon arrival and can I upon entry find a way to workout staying beyond the 3months stay period without immigration issues? I have pictures of me and my cousin when he came to Nigeria, I don't want to risk rejection, so I want to be guided properly and I forgot to mention, I just graduated, I have served my NYSC and I have houses here with tenants living in them which I manage on behalf of my father. Do I stand a chance of been accepted for a visit and if so how do I go about the process, sorry if am taking u back, I just need clarifications.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sndrmrtns: 10:39am On Mar 15, 2013
bluebarz: I need a real candid advice cos a whole lot about this visit visa issue seems confusing a bit to me. First am a newbie still trying to get more knowledge in this. I was recently signed up with an upcoming record label in Kentucky USA, not as an artiste but as a promoter / street member in Nigeria, my cousin (white guy) is the star artiste in the label, recently we got into talks and they want me to come over to the states, my cousin is ready to provide an invitation letter and all the accommodation details I'll need for the embassy but the real deal is I aint going for just a visit, I am going over to be stay, I thought about the label getting me a H1B visa but they are still in the registration process with the US government. Please I want to know if its advisable to use the Visit visa for entry first as I intend to work in the states upon arrival and can I upon entry find a way to workout staying beyond the 3months stay period without immigration issues? I have pictures of me and my cousin when he came to Nigeria, I don't want to risk rejection, so I want to be guided properly and I forgot to mention, I just graduated, I have served my NYSC and I have houses here with tenants living in them which I manage on behalf of my father. Do I stand a chance of been accepted for a visit and if so how do I go about the process, sorry if am taking u back, I just need clarifications.

what do you do now in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.