Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,127 members, 7,818,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060730 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by optimusprime2(m): 5:45pm On Mar 21, 2013
shiba0147: Hello my fellow nairaland pls I have an interview nest week in u.s embassy abuja.I am a currently working,I am married with two kids,I earn 150k monthly,I am going for my sisters graduation, she sent an invitation letter from her school to show prove of her graduation and all the necessary document.Is it good for her to be sposoring my trip or myself because I have up to savings account of 1.2m in account,so is it a red flag for me to say in the interview that she is sponsoring my trip,thanks all and I need an urgent answer pls
Your sister could sponsor you in actuality, but on paper in order to make yourself look mature financially, please indicate you are sponsoring yourself especially since you claim to have a savings of ₦1.2M(thats enough to cover travel costs)- take your Bank statement along to support your claim just in case.
No big deal, but packaging & presentation have rules.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by rolextoni: 6:31pm On Mar 21, 2013
What does additional administrative processing means? I applied for a conference visa and I have travelled to accra and return some days before my interview. I was handed back my passport but no stamp on it. The lady said there will be some delay that I will hear from them else i should email them after 60 days. It was written a form. she ticked.. Administrative Processing.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shiba0147: 6:59pm On Mar 21, 2013
ok,optimum,but I am earning 150k,I am 30yrs have a job,married and have a good account of 1.2m. pls I want to know my chance of getting the visa and want to know the likely questions to be asked by V0 on my on the day off my interview
Re: Usa Visit Visa by rolextoni: 7:16pm On Mar 21, 2013
@Shiba0147.. U dont have issues. Just be confident and bold. Look straight in the eyes of the interviewer. Maintain eye contacts... U re good to go. Just look good too and be precise. Only you may be asked why you are not carrying your family. Jst be plain becos you wont be long. U re staying just 5 days or so as the case maybe.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shiba0147: 8:16pm On Mar 21, 2013
@Rolextoni thanks but I filled up 7days visit in ds-160 form and I hope 7days will not be long,and is it necessary to fii my salary that I earn monthly in the Ds-160
Re: Usa Visit Visa by nija50: 12:00am On Mar 22, 2013
Please any news/info yet on why there has been massive refusals to legitimate applicants who filled in their form that they're going to the u.s to buy cars.so many big car dealers in Nigeria were affected.i was affected too.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by nija50: 12:03am On Mar 22, 2013
this is the 4th time i have been refused a u.s visa in the last one and half years,even after haven travelled to usa for more than eight times in the last 5 years.iam 100% sure i did not break any rules.i have valid visas to many other countries including u.k and canada.my questions are ,
1)what could be the possible reasons?
2)is there any way to find out the reasons?
3)is there any right to appeal?
4)how do i correct this problem if there is any?
5)is there a general problem recently with people who say they are going to buy cars?because thats what i do.
6)how many times can one reapply in a year?

thanks for your candid suggestions

Re: Usa Visit Visa by haywhy0007(m): 12:43am On Mar 22, 2013
Hello fellow nairalanders... I need your help on this: I have never traveled out of the country but I am planing on either to go to USA, UK , Australia or Germany.. Now my problem is I don't know anybody in any of dis countries, just planing to go on my own.... Pls how can I go about it? Which of dis countries wld you advice me to go?Will things work out for me when i get there?whats your advice for me pls ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by haywhy0007(m): 12:50am On Mar 22, 2013
Hello fellow nairalanders.. I need your help on this: I have never traveled out of the country but I am planing on either to go to USA, UK , Australia or Germany.. Now my problem is I don't know anybody in any of dis countries, just planing to go on my own.... Pls how can I go about it? Which of dis countries wld you advice me to go?Will things work out for me when i get there?whats your advice for me pls
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:17am On Mar 22, 2013
haywhy0007: Hello fellow nairalanders.. I need your help on this: I have never traveled out of the country but I am planing on either to go to USA, UK , Australia or Germany.. Now my problem is I don't know anybody in any of dis countries, just planing to go on my own.... Pls how can I go about it? Which of dis countries wld you advice me to go?Will things work out for me when i get there?whats your advice for me pls

What you need to ask yourself first is :

Do i have a good paying job..?
Do i have a family..?
Do i have a property in Nigeria..?
Will i have any funds left to spend when i proceed and return from my trip...?

All these questions will assist you in your enquiry here.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 7:26am On Mar 22, 2013
nija@50:

this is the 4th time i have been refused a u.s visa in the last one and half years,even after haven travelled to usa for more than eight times in the last 5 years.iam 100% sure i did not break any rules.i have valid visas to many other countries including u.k and canada.my questions are ,
1)what could be the possible reasons?
2)is there any way to find out the reasons?
3)is there any right to appeal?
4)how do i correct this problem if there is any?
5)is there a general problem recently with people who say they are going to buy cars?because thats what i do.
6)how many times can one reapply in a year?

thanks for your candid suggestions

I did answer your enquiry previously
Re: Usa Visit Visa by haywhy0007(m): 7:42am On Mar 22, 2013
@tzetzefly thanks for ur reply......
I am not working so I don't have a job..
Yes I have a family...
No I dot have a property...
Sure I have funds left to spend...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:55am On Mar 22, 2013
haywhy0007: @tzetzefly thanks for ur reply......
I am not working so I don't have a job..
Yes I have a family...
No I dot have a property...
Sure I have funds left to spend...

If you don't have a job or any means of subsistence, i am afraid it will be difficult to secure visa to any country mentioned by you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tiebe: 12:19pm On Mar 22, 2013
abeg, make una no vex o, which airline is best to go to US with?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 1:51pm On Mar 22, 2013
ti-ebe:
abeg, make una no vex o, which airline is best to go to US with?
It depends on your definition of best.I ve flown with Delta a couple of times and had a rewardinG experience.They do serve some local meals like Jollof rice,and drinks like Funman fruit juice,so you really do feel at home on board.But their price is a bit on the high side.Essentially,if you want a bargain price,BA Might just be your best bet.Have been flying BA lately due to their reasonable price.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by joxiri: 4:23pm On Mar 23, 2013
This is for thankful101
I read ur post before it was closed
U are in the uk in order to apply for the is visa from uk u ve to have more than 6 months left on ur present student visa
U should demonstrate at least 2 more ties to the uk apart from ur study e.g a job, close family members who are permanent residents or if you family own a home there
If you can't demonstrate these ties to the uk, u have a very slim chance because by applying from the uk u are more or less eliminating ties to Nigeria cos its hard to prove ur ties to Nigeria when u are not even in Nigeria
Quite a few of my friends have been refused for these reasons during their study in the uk
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shiba0147: 6:42pm On Mar 23, 2013
My fellow nairalanders,pls I want to know which cloth to put on the day of my interview @ u.s.a embassy abuja ,I want to also know if I will surbmit all my documents to VO the day of my interview,pls I need an urgent answer
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 10:43pm On Mar 23, 2013
shiba0147: My fellow nairalanders,pls I want to know which cloth to put on the day of my interview @ u.s.a embassy abuja ,I want to also know if I will surbmit all my documents to VO the day of my interview,pls I need an urgent answer
Show up for the interview on an English dress.Its quite important.The Consular Officer may demand to see your documents or not.Its his/her prerogative.While documents are important,they do not necessarily sway the decision in ones favour.In fact,CO'S do not place a premium on them,considering they could be counterfeited.Crucially,the info in your Ds 160 form,and your actual performance at the interview determines whether you will be issued with a visa or not.So its vital you put up a terrific display at the interview,x

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by shiba0147: 10:57am On Mar 24, 2013
My fellow nairalanders,I now realized a mistake on my ds-160 form and my interview is nest week,I made a mistake and refilled a new ds-160 form,for the first time after i scheduled my appointment,this is my second time trying to update another ds-160, hope if i update it for the second time my scheduled appointment will not change by editing and updating it the second time.pls can some one answer my question is very urgent pls.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phemobay: 11:29am On Mar 24, 2013
@ shiba.... u can rescheldule ur appointment, just cancel d earier on and click on sheldule apointment den change ur barcode den go ahead and choose d same date or otherwise... it has no implication
cheers
Re: Usa Visit Visa by chubbya2(f): 6:53pm On Mar 24, 2013
Hello everyone,you guys are doing a great job here in nairaland and i must state that i have gained a lot getting useful information here.
I intend to travel to th US during my annual leave.I work in the training and development dept in my organization and i am also involved in projects at work.
Can i apply for a workshop,seminar or conference related to my job function?and besides i do not know what site to go to in search for this.
I am a single mum and have travelled twice go the UK last year during my leave.I work in a reputable paratastal in Abuja,my salary 6 figures apart from my quarterly bonuses.please i need info ASAP .
God bless every contributor in this forum. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 7:34pm On Mar 24, 2013
Specifically,what do you intend to do in the US?This question is germane .
chubby_a2: Hello everyone,you guys are doing a great job here in nairaland and i must state that i have gained a lot getting useful information here.
I intend to travel to th US during my annual leave.I work in the training and development dept in my organization and i am also involved in projects at work.
Can i apply for a workshop,seminar or conference related to my job function?and besides i do not know what site to go to in search for this.
I am a single mum and have travelled twice go the UK last year during my leave.I work in a reputable paratastal in Abuja,my salary 6 figures apart from my quarterly bonuses.please i need info ASAP .
God bless every contributor in this forum. Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by chubbya2(f): 8:08pm On Mar 24, 2013
Gbenge 77: Specifically,what do you intend to do in the US?This question is germane .
I want to go for 3weeks vacation,but i was thinking,if i state that i will be attending a conference in the US,i stand a better chance of being issued a visa.
On the other hand i could get hotel reservation.I am confused,need your advice.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:23pm On Mar 24, 2013
chubby_a2:
I want to go for 3weeks vacation,but i was thinking,if i state that i will be attending a conference in the US,i stand a better chance of being issued a visa.
On the other hand i could get hotel reservation.I am confused,need your advice.

I will advice you to go for a conference/seminar in your field of work, this will give you flexibility in answering questions directed to you by the CO.

My choice of seminar/conference is because the CO may ask why you're going to the States alone for vacation without taking your kid along. Your reply during this time might be deemed not satisfactory, which in turn may work against you securing the visa.

Hence, indicate conference on your DS160 to be on a safe side. The CO(s) are unpredictable.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tiebe: 7:09pm On Mar 25, 2013
Gbenge 77: It depends on your definition of best.I ve flown with Delta a couple of times and had a rewardinG experience.They do serve some local meals like Jollof rice,and drinks like Funman fruit juice,so you really do feel at home on board.But their price is a bit on the high side.Essentially,if you want a bargain price,BA Might just be your best bet.Have been flying BA lately due to their reasonable price.

kai, 2 issues with flying BA, first, means i'll have to break journey in london. secondly, dia air hostesses have strong strong faces. is Delta the only airline that flies direct? If i have to break the journey, might as well go with my darling Emirates. . .

Gbenge 77: [b]Show up for the interview on an English dress.Its quite important.[/b]The Consular Officer may demand to see your documents or not.Its his/her prerogative.x

er. . . not quite clear here. why must one show up in english dress?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by mercifull(f): 6:43am On Mar 26, 2013
Hi,pls i need some clarifications.I have been to d US n UK severally since 2004.I got 5yrs visa to d UK in 2010 b4 my wedding.I also got a 2yrs US visa last yr.My passport still bears my maiden name.i want to give birth in d US this year.is it possible for the baby and i to have different surnames on our passports?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Funlady412(f): 6:55am On Mar 26, 2013
Pls i need your assistance filling my DS-160, as its written there Date of arrival,i dont know that yet since i have not booked my appointment.pls how would i go about that
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:56am On Mar 26, 2013
mercifull: Hi,pls i need some clarifications.I have been to d US n UK severally since 2004.I got 5yrs visa to d UK in 2010 b4 my wedding.I also got a 2yrs US visa last yr.My passport still bears my maiden name.i want to give birth in d US this year.is it possible for the baby and i to have different surnames on our passports?

Yes, it is very possible. The hospital will give you a form meant for DHS in order for your baby to have SSN as well as for you to fill in the details of your husband or your fiance as the case maybe. This form will reflect why the baby bears the father's name and not yours.

Also the father will be required to counter sign other documents from DHS before the baby can be issued US passport. It is usually a long process that can take months especially if both parents are not resident in the States.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:01am On Mar 26, 2013
Funlady412: Pls i need your assistance filling my DS-160, as its written there Date of arrival,i dont know that yet since i have not booked my appointment.pls how would i go about that

Your date of arrival is when you're expected to land/be present on US soil from your point of departure being your country or country of residence.

You can't fill your online form without having knowledge of this date, even if it is tentative....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Funlady412(f): 7:07am On Mar 26, 2013
If dats the case,how would i know?im planning to visit for 3wks,during summer precisely,v not booked my appointment to know the day i would be interviewed,or is it possible to book my appointment before i fill my DS?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:24am On Mar 26, 2013
Funlady412: If dats the case,how would i know?im planning to visit for 3wks,during summer precisely,v not booked my appointment to know the day i would be interviewed,or is it possible to book my appointment before i fill my DS?

No, you can't book appointment without filling out your DS-160. And since your expected date of arrival is summer, then you should pick any date from mid June- August for your arrival in US.
An available interview date before this time will be shown to you for selection.

Thank God, now you can get dates immediately unlike when it used to be 3months ahead or more.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by mercifull(f): 10:10am On Mar 26, 2013
@tzetzefly thank u very much.Please what is the meaning of DHS and SSN?So that means my husband has to be in d US when the child is born to sign the forms right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.