Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060766 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:25pm On Apr 08, 2013
Obiagelli: Went 4 the interview today
V/o can I have ur application
Me: gave her
V/o : where are u visiting
Me: California
V/o: reason for travel
Me: to attend my uncles wedding
V/o: how long has been he been in the us
Me: 14yrs
V/o: how old his he
Me: I forgot to ask his age( I said 37)
V/o: have u travelled outside Nigeria
Me: no
V/o: sorry u do not qualify for a visa now.

I noticed to many people were denied was it because it was Monday.

I must warn you, never say what you're not sure of to the VO(s) that is an express statement for denial if you're lucky not to be banned or red flagged.

You also did not have much information about your uncle you planned visiting, which was evident in you not knowing his age and it won't be a surprise, if your uncle has stayed more yrs or less in California.

You have also not traveled out of Nigeria before. Another reason for the VO to deny your application.

Overall, you did not convince the CO or meet the requirements of a genuine visitor who has the intention to depart the States after your presumed visit....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 08, 2013
Asorock 1:

Sorry Obiagelli for the disappointment, I don't think is because of the date, didnt she tell you your reason for denial?
Again which US embassy did u go for the interview?
What is your profile....like married, age, documents you went with, and your ties to Nigeria
Tell the house maybe we can sort out your reason for denial.
Again in everything give thanks go God.
She just gave me a piece of paper for my denial, I am married with 2 kids and I am supposed to represent my family at my uncles wedding, I went with all my docs but non was checked. It was the lagos embassy
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 08, 2013
tzetzefly:

I must warn you, never say what you're not sure of to the VO(s) that is an express statement for denial if you're lucky not to be banned or red flagged.

You also did not have much information about your uncle you planned visiting, which was evident in you not knowing his age and it won't be a surprise, if your uncle has stayed more yrs or less in California.

You have also not traveled out of Nigeria before. Another reason for the VO to deny your application.

Overall, you did not convince the CO or meet the requirements of a genuine visitor who has the intention to depart the States after your presumed visit....
I am certain about every other information I gave, I just didn't know his age and I didn't even remember to ask him because I was so confident I knew everything about him. How does one knw if he has been banned or redflaged
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 2:49pm On Apr 08, 2013
Obiagelli:
I am certain about every other information I gave, I just didn't know his age and I didn't even remember to ask him because I was so confident I knew everything about him. How does one knw if he has been banned or redflaged

Even at that, it is presumed by the VO you lied to be favourably considered for visa approval. That on its own, is a violation of the signed agreement in your DS-160.

You cannot know you're red flagged unless you are continually denied entry visa without a cogent reason, even if your application seems foolproof.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 2:56pm On Apr 08, 2013
[quote author=Obiagelli]
She just gave me a piece of paper for my denial, I am married with 2 kids and I am supposed to represent my family at my uncles wedding, I went with all my docs but non was checked. It was the lagos embassy[/quote

Well I do prefer Abuja consulate than lagos , again i believe it all depends on 3 things to get a US visa: God, favor and the type of VO u meet.
There are people who have made a much bigger mistake than yours but yet got there visa approved. Well you can only live with the things you cannot change but change that which u can change. Wait for another time. Please house your prayers are highly needed as I will be having my interview soon.
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 2:59pm On Apr 08, 2013
Whoever sent me a PM should try and send it again so I may be able to view it.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 08, 2013
thanks everyone
Re: Usa Visit Visa by hope4me2012: 9:11pm On Apr 08, 2013
[quote author=Asorock 1][/quote]

Is there any reason why you prefer abuja embassy.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 9:54pm On Apr 08, 2013
hope4me2012:

Is there any reason why you prefer abuja embassy.

According to research n past experience by some of my friends n colleagues that have been to US visa interview ,they confirmed Abuja consulate to be more organized than lagos consulate.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by optimusprime2(m): 10:12pm On Apr 08, 2013
Asorock 1:

According to research n past experience by some of my friends n colleagues that have been to US visa interview ,they confirmed Abuja consulate to be more organized than lagos consulate.
hehehehehehehehe... Then I guess Y'all never ran into that Asian chic & the Stern bearded white guy in the horn rimmed glasses, because if you guys did, I doubt y'all wud have Nice stuff to say about Abuja's consulate ...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 10:22pm On Apr 08, 2013
optimus-prime1:

hehehehehehehehe... Then I guess Y'all never ran into that Asian chic & the Stern bearded white guy in the horn rimmed glasses, because if you guys did, I doubt y'all wud have Nice stuff to say about Abuja's consulate ...

I have heard of the Asian woman too, she still dey?
Anyway God is the only ultimate judge.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 10:27pm On Apr 08, 2013
Asorock 1:

I have heard of the Asian woman too, she still dey?
Anyway God is the only ultimate judge.

Please house my interview comes up soon at Abuja consulate, please anyone with previous experiences can share please. God bless you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ayobj: 6:50pm On Apr 09, 2013
funmikosoko: Keep up the good work on this thread,I am always looking foward 2get a notification on this thread cos it educates me on visa issues.
Pls I need the professionals in the house to pls give me ideas of d detailed documents I'll be needing for my UK settlement visa.
My husband is a Nigerian but born and bread in the UK,I visited him about 2 diff times in London n he also visited me in Nigeria about 2-3times too,n we also traveled to Egypt together b4 we got married last year.I stopped working in october 2012,while I got married in Nov 2012,I travelled back with my husband to London after our wedding in Nov n I spent 4months as I still have a 2years valid visa. I am back to Nigeria now but to file for my settlement visa. Please I need ur advice on wat documents myself n my husband need to provide,and also how much do I need to av in my acct. My husband's salary is £2000 per month.

SEND THIS TO THE UK VISA SITE.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ayobj: 6:56pm On Apr 09, 2013
Asorock 1:

Please house my interview comes up soon at Abuja consulate, please anyone with previous experiences can share please. God bless you

BY THE WAY,I HAVE PICKED UP US B1/B2 VISAS IN ABUJA AND LAGOS.
Lagos is very rowdy and difficult.
about the VO's,maybe not much difference.
I will forward more info soon.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 11, 2013
Does anybody have an interview with the US embassy in abuja 2morrow? If yes pls let me know. I also have an interview 2morrow.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by israel007: 3:48pm On Apr 11, 2013
Hannae: Does anybody have an interview with the US embassy in abuja 2morrow? If yes pls let me know. I also have an interview 2morrow.

May God's favour and 'grace' (unmerited favour) rest on u.

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 5:30pm On Apr 11, 2013
Hannae: Does anybody have an interview with the US embassy in abuja 2morrow? If yes pls let me know. I also have an interview 2morrow.

I will be praying for you Hannae, I will be having my appointment at Abuja embassy but I haven't scheduled an appointment yet, Im still looking up for available slot in June. I intend traveling by July. House I need your prayers always. Hannae pls make sure to tell the house on how your interview goes ok . May the grace and favor of God be with you, because his words says that we shall decree a thing and it shall come to pass, I therefore decree that your visa, everyone here seeking visa and myself, shall be approved in the name of the father, the son and the Holy Spirit. AMEN

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by ilekeoba: 9:31pm On Apr 11, 2013
I am so glad I found this forum.Please I need your help here.I have a 2yrs USA B1/B2 Visa - still very valid and I own a company in lagos with my husband and got the visa to represent our company at a business event last year.But now I want to apply for USA Summer tourist visit for my kids actually 4 of them,my husband is in lagos too he doesnot have a USA visa himself and he is not applying.
pls I just need candid advice on how to go applying for the kids for a summer disneyland holiday in the usa.pls all advice and experiences will be appreciated.thank you.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Copiousworld: 10:31pm On Apr 11, 2013
ilekeoba: I am so glad I found this forum.Please I need your help here.I have a 2yrs USA B1/B2 Visa - still very valid and I own a company in lagos with my husband and got the visa to represent our company at a business event last year.But now I want to apply for USA Summer tourist visit for my kids actually 4 of them,my husband is in lagos too he doesnot have a USA visa himself and he is not applying.
pls I just need candid advice on how to go applying for the kids for a summer disneyland holiday in the usa.pls all advice and experiences will be appreciated.thank you.

Taking your 4 kids along would definitely raise some red flags because the VO may assume you are relocating with your kids. I would advice you try with 2kids and see how it goes. Good luck.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ilekeoba: 11:28pm On Apr 11, 2013
Copiousworld:

Taking your 4 kids along would definitely raise some red flags because the VO may assume you are relocating with your kids. I would advice you try with 2kids and see how it goes. Good luck.

Thank you Copiousworld.that kind of confirmed my fear,a third opinion is always necessary,you did help me conclude thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Funlady412(f): 5:04am On Apr 12, 2013
Is it safer not to use an invitation letter to the US,is it ok to just go and visit as if you dont have anybody over there?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 6:35am On Apr 12, 2013
Funlady412: Is it safer not to use an invitation letter to the US,is it ok to just go and visit as if you dont have anybody over there?
Even if you decide not to use an invitation letter,If you have relatives in the US,you gotta mention it.In that case,you would just need to show that you ve got stronger ties at home.The CoNsular Officer will consider your circumstances and financial situation in Nigeria ,and determine whether or not they are good enough to make you return.(INA Section 214B )
Re: Usa Visit Visa by solomonwis(m): 11:53am On Apr 12, 2013
Hello All,

For the discerning mind,this article is important for people preparing for interview at the US embassy.A view point of a consular Officer. You can deduce a lot from the article if you take time to read through

http://www.cis.org/us_visas_still_easy_to_get.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by MrWally: 12:19am On Apr 13, 2013
Hi All,

I would like to know if it is possible to get a visa for a certain date and decide not to use it until like 2 months after.

Reason: My father who is to come for my graduation in JUNE just informed me that he would be busy with some personal matters and instead let my mum come represent him. He is now planning to come around September to visit me. Would that be an issue at the POE since the VISA he will be coming with would state that he is coming for my graduation in June. He plans to tell CBS that he was too busy at that time, and now just want to come see me for a week or so. Is that sellable?

Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 5:47am On Apr 13, 2013
Mr. Wally:
Hi All,

I would like to know if it is possible to get a visa for a certain date and decide not to use it until like 2 months after.

Reason: My father who is to come for my graduation in JUNE just informed me that he would be busy with some personal matters and instead let my mum come represent him. He is now planning to come around September to visit me. Would that be an issue at the POE since the VISA he will be coming with would state that he is coming for my graduation in June. He plans to tell CBS that he was too busy at that time, and now just want to come see me for a week or so. Is that sellable?

Thanks.
he could enter the US as long as the visa is valid.And,yes it is plausible.The CBP are not gonna turn him back just because he Didnt arrive on the original intended date
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phemobay: 9:23am On Apr 13, 2013
u ar bless in jesus name and inshala...

please what ar d procedure at d us embassy for interview on the appointment date..... can someone guide as to how it works...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Funlady412(f): 10:11am On Apr 13, 2013
In the marital section can i choose other option and put engaged?as i have engaged and got lots of pics to show dat.I have a good business that pays me more than my job,its a fashion bis,and v got good account for it too,the challenge here is that i havent registered it with the govt,can i indicate it on my DS?and if i do,is pictures and the statement of the account show proofs?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Henries: 7:27pm On Apr 14, 2013
Pls I wnt to knw if not registerin d name of company am usin to work cld work against me cs I hv an appointment a month time,my wife n kids r in US,she's d one doin d fillin.I'm in2 landscappin,production n installation of pavin stones wit vast knowledge abt it,wat do I tell d VO if ask abt which work am doin,tanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by walmart: 8:08pm On Apr 14, 2013
Pls help! I have scheduled my visa appointment. The confirmation page has visa class: B1/B2. Visa Category: All others. Please the category is it supposed to be all others?

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 10:14pm On Apr 14, 2013
Henries: Pls I wnt to knw if not registerin d name of company am usin to work cld work against me cs I hv an appointment a month time,my wife n kids r in US,she's d one doin d fillin.I'm in2 landscappin,production n installation of pavin stones wit vast knowledge abt it,wat do I tell d VO if ask abt which work am doin,tanks
Not necessarily.Be honest with COnsular officers'..Its crucial.When asked about your job,tell him/her what you have mentioned here.Dont panic or stutter!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 10:18pm On Apr 14, 2013
walmart: Pls help! I have scheduled my visa appointment. The confirmation page has visa class: B1/B2. Visa Category: All others. Please the category is it supposed to be all others?
There are several categories of non-immigrant visas.,H,J,K,F,I,L,M....,and most are sub-divided.egF-1 is for academic and language students.H-1B Is for specialty occupations requiring highly specialized knowledge,K-1 for foreign military personnel etc
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 10:35pm On Apr 14, 2013
Funlady412: In the marital section can i choose other option and put engaged?as i have engaged and got lots of pics to show dat.I have a good business that pays me more than my job,its a fashion bis,and v got good account for it too,the challenge here is that i havent registered it with the govt,can i indicate it on my DS?and if i do,is pictures and the statement of the account show proofs?
You may.And you would do well to indicate your bussiness,whether its registered or not.You must take all documents that support your application along.But CO'S dont normally rely on them.Its your actual performance at the interview that counts.So,be sure to wow him/her with a terrific display.X

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.